More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 11:56:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Those looking for the 1.12/2.7/3.3 Patches
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Those looking for the 1.12/2.7/3.3 Patches  (Read 39407 times)
jennnw
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Those looking for the 1.12/2.7/3.3 Patches
« Reply #25 on: 2010 June 01, 20:16:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Non of my "body slider" mods are working with the new patch. Anyone else experiencing this?
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2010 June 01, 20:17:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Non of my "body slider" mods are working with the new patch. Anyone else experiencing this?

Yup

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2010 June 01, 20:23:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The same advertisers who advertise ONLINE where people can turn off their ads and not see them.

Though I dont know where they'd put ads in-game anyway,
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010 June 01, 20:34:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All the sliders work for me and I have most of them.

Looks like the lights still do NOT work. No light exits the lot, nor goes to another level. This with no mods installed.
jennnw
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010 June 01, 20:45:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried Delphy's breast sliders and they didn't initially crash my game. Now I'm crashing once I pick the family I wish to play. I can't figure out what is happening now...
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010 June 01, 20:57:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like the lights still do NOT work. No light exits the lot, nor goes to another level. This with no mods installed.

I just gave it a try too (would've had to update tomorrow anyway). No mods or anything. The lights are still broken as blackcat says. Lights do not radiate beyond lot limits or up walls. EA are basically talking out of their arses.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010 June 01, 20:59:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The same advertisers who advertise ONLINE where people can turn off their ads and not see them.

The theatre is designed to have movie posters appear on the four poster slots closest to the theatre doors. Then there are the billboards dotted around the towns which could potentially show ads as well.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2010 June 01, 21:00:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All the sliders work for me and I have most of them.

Just reinstalled the sliders now I've moved everything to the new documents mods folder. Sliders are all working for me too.

YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010 June 01, 21:10:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember seeing a screenshot from a fan-event pre-Base Game release. I saved it—I think. I'll take a look.

Edit:  It's a shot of the bench that sits against the wall of the grocery store. Behind the wall is a poster advertising Ford. Beyond the Ford logo and the image of a truck, the only other things I can make out are the words "Drive One", a website address, and the word "FLEX". Make of that what you will.

And Menaceman is quite right. The billboards and the theater are excellent victims for the evil ads.
So is the stadium…which is not a happy thought, as those ads would be humongous.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 01, 21:15:57 by YoungOldPrude » Logged

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life—music and cats." ~Albert Schweitzer

"Happy people can be so cruel."
~ Claudia of Silent Hill 3.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2010 June 01, 21:15:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I see. I don't mind ads like that in other games, but in a game set in a world like but unlike our own and in a country with a native language that is most certainly not english? No thanks.
dantethedark
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2010 June 01, 21:17:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So how do we install and get our mods working now?
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2010 June 01, 21:20:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My understanding was that the functionality has always been present, but only fake Simlish adverts are fed into the system (as opposed to the functionality being completely removed and Simlish ad textures applied to the rabbitholes and billboards)?
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2010 June 01, 21:42:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ads really have no business in a game that isn't free. And if the ads are in English, they'll look way out of place.

So do we put all our cc in the My Docs/Mods folder now? I like that our cc will have icons now, but it would have been much nicer if we were able to delete cc from in game. I have stuff I don't want, but I have no idea how to find the actual file.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2010 June 01, 21:53:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope the ads won't be mandatory when they implement them, or if there'll be a way to hide them. Awesomemod maybe will be able to block them when they're implemented.

Opt-out is what some companies do. But EA is greedy for money, and probably won't have that as an option
YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2010 June 01, 22:03:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope the ads won't be mandatory when they implement them, or if there'll be a way to hide them. Awesomemod maybe will be able to block them when they're implemented.

Opt-out is what some companies do. But EA is greedy for money, and probably won't have that as an option

Well, I suppose that all you can really do is to put your firewall in lockdown-mode and hope for the best.

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life—music and cats." ~Albert Schweitzer

"Happy people can be so cruel."
~ Claudia of Silent Hill 3.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2010 June 01, 22:59:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried Delphy's breast sliders and they didn't initially crash my game. Now I'm crashing once I pick the family I wish to play. I can't figure out what is happening now...
You probably have a mod that isn't compatible with the game version.  The sliders themselves are pretty much universal, but hacks to remove the number of sliders limit are version-specific and need to be updated or removed until an update is available.

Using ellipses in the place of periods can also sometimes cause random crashes.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2010 June 01, 23:03:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I moved all my stuff to the Mods directory, and sorted it by packages (a folder) and by dbcs (another folder in the mods directory).

It works perfectly. Much easier to manage than before.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2010 June 01, 23:24:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if the Dynamic Ad Serving feature can be hijacked and redirected to the site of our choice, like, say, AwesomeMod updates, or sims community advertisements.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2010 June 01, 23:36:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or just huge banners pointing out how much TSR sucks.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
markjs
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: 2010 June 01, 23:39:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if the Dynamic Ad Serving feature can be hijacked and redirected to the site of our choice, like, say, AwesomeMod updates, or sims community advertisements.

Probably, you need to get the address it's requesting the file from, and create a new line at the hosts files to redirect the request address to a speficied one.
But you would need to see how the request is handle from the server-to-client, like if it would return a image for example.
It probably uses the GET method, so, using that we are able to do whatever we want with it.
Sparks
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: 2010 June 02, 01:14:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mind ads as long as they're realistic. Like if the highway signs had huge billboard ads for strip clubs and furniture factory blowout sales.

I Can Haz Portal 2?!
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2010 June 02, 02:19:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or tube8.... I hear that's a good site..

Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2010 June 02, 13:48:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just thought I'd inform you, but the link: "http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/Sims3_1.12.70.0060017_from_1.11.7.0050017.exe" is not actually working. All the others appear to be alright though Smiley

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2010 June 02, 13:48:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mind ads as long as they're realistic. Like if the highway signs had huge billboard ads for strip clubs and furniture factory blowout sales.

WALL DRUG!

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2010 June 02, 18:43:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For what it's worth, I made the 1.12 patch without installing Ambitions (although I have it) because I wanted to see how different the patch made things, and what it took to get a stable game.  This is base game only, no AwesomeMod.  Now that twallan updated his SuperComputer in record time, and Buzzler seems to have done the same with his mirror (though I haven't run the game yet since installing the updated mirror), it seems I've brought my One Fambly from pre-patch to post-patch without problems.  This gives me some hope that I can bring them past the EP2 installation successfully.

I have noticed the following differences, stubbornly continuing on with my research into the unmodded story mode:

1.  The story mode now seems very aggressive about moving new famblies into town.  Until just recently, the game seemed most interested in emptying the town as soon as possible.  But now I get at least one newspaper article per day about some new household moving into town.  I anticipate that if I put houses on some of the empty lots, this behavior would only escalate.

2.  Certain objects (the exercise machines at any rate) suddenly seem pickier about placement.  I ordered one of my Sims to use the treadmill, and he complained that he couldn't reach it.  When I picked it up in Buy/Build mode, it snapped out of place immediately, as though it had been placed by moveobjects.  I was not allowed to place it in ways that would most certainly have been allowed before the patch.  Once I found a permissible location, my Sim was able to use the treadmill.

3.  There are two new items in my Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 folder:  a file called "tslus.bin," and a folder called "IGACache" containing the following three files:  "radial.cdb," "radial.scb," and "radial.tdb."  I am guessing that these are things that the EP will make use of.

4.  As I expected, I had to leave my mods in their original location.

5.  The tweak to Sims3.ini that allows Sims to walk through each other, absolutely did not work after patching.  The game loaded, but I had mousefail along with everything being frozen except for the plumbbob.  It is possible I did it wrong, but I don't think so.

6.  Some simple and ancient mods that I consider essential, such as no-censor and no-intro, still work in their base game versions.  I anticipate that they will no longer work after installing EP2, even though I don't plan on reinstalling EP1 along with it.

I've just added a few of Anach's mods too, so I'll see whether the result is stable before installing EP2.  I'm a bit worried, particularly about the game logging (mine was on by default, and I had already played a bit before discovering this) and about some of the other bugs I'm reading about here (I think it's 100% certain that there will be another patch within a week, as others have warned me), but I have the EP and there's no turning back now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: