More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:55:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Ambitions Torrent
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ambitions Torrent  (Read 70524 times)
Thunderwolf
Asinine Airhead

The bitter sinner from Purgatory

View Profile
Re: Ambitions Torrent
« Reply #125 on: 2010 June 03, 03:23:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe that's the wrong place to ask for it, but I need some help. Before I can install Ambitions, I would need, an un-cracked, patched 3.2.8 from HELS. The Multi-language version.

Life is too short to taste it out all alone, but you have to!
Sablesasha
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2010 June 03, 10:19:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit: So, the site there says to check the NFO. Opened it with NotePad and found my prize.

Thank you Sammy, would never have thought to use NotePad. 

Thank you, Grilledcheesesammie as well, as the poweriso was great.  Also for the mount advice, so lovely not to hear my poor disc drive grinding away.

An hour and a half of downloading and 3 hours friggen seeding (someone better appreciate it and pay it friggen forward!)  and I have been happily toodling around Twinbrook.   Must say it's just not the same without Awesome Mod, so I'm deliberately not saving my game until then.  Just going to fiddle a bit, hehe

Long weekend and  kids away, The Sims all to myself weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
BriarRosethorn
Asinine Airhead

Don't you type at me in that tone of voice!

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2010 June 03, 13:12:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'm back to torrenting. I knew getting a legit copy today was too good to be true. Woke up and discovered my wallet had gone missing. If my friend can't find it at her place, I'm reporting it as stolen.

FML.

KING LOUIS: I'm the King of France!
THE DOCTOR: Yeah? Well, I'm the Lord of Time.
The Doctor. More awesome than the King of France.
itz_kukuchka
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2010 June 03, 13:15:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I'm having the same exact "CD is not valid" crap happening to me, and it's really irritating.  I hate EA and all they stand for.  If and when anyone figures it out, or if I find something that MIGHT be helpful, I will be sure to post it.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2010 June 03, 19:41:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'm back to torrenting. I knew getting a legit copy today was too good to be true. Woke up and discovered my wallet had gone missing. If my friend can't find it at her place, I'm reporting it as stolen.

Yeah, well thanks for the story of your life. Can I just tell you how much I'm enjoying loading Ambitions threads and finding yet another little - and I do mean little - snippet of your life story?

I'm giving up and just buying the game tomorrow after my driving lesson. My birthday's in August and I'll get birthday money from family members that will make up for the purchase, anyway, which I'll put towards university. Financial problem solved (in theory).

I think my connection just plain sucks. As of right now, I'm living with my parents (yeah, I'm so cool) so I have no control over any of the Internet settings and don't know too much about it, since I've never had any control over it.

I'm too cheap to pay for anything, especially since I lost my job and can't find another one AND I'm due to start university again this September and need every penny in my bank account to afford it.

So glad you're off to Uni and all, but if you're not yet 18, please just fuck off. Actually, why don't you just fuck off anyway, the noise to signal ratio is overwhelming.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2010 June 03, 22:25:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh God, witch, I just noticed your signature line.  I had forgotten all about Alphatard's "wur is degrees!?!" thing.  Is our children learning?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2010 June 03, 22:31:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Our children is not. Especially our Texan children.

BriarRosethorn
Asinine Airhead

Don't you type at me in that tone of voice!

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2010 June 05, 01:02:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My torrent finally finished just now. I'm installing it.

I noticed when I read the installation instructions that the last step is "Die like the rest." Creepy much?  Undecided

EDIT: I'm 19, actually. Though for some reason, my forum profile says I'm 18, even though my birth year is 1990.

KING LOUIS: I'm the King of France!
THE DOCTOR: Yeah? Well, I'm the Lord of Time.
The Doctor. More awesome than the King of France.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2010 June 05, 01:10:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My torrent finally finished just now. I'm installing it.

I noticed when I read the installation instructions that the last step is "Die like the rest." Creepy much?  Undecided

EDIT: I'm 19, actually. Though for some reason, my forum profile says I'm 18, even though my birth year is 1990.

Die like the rest is their motto, I believe they are alluding to being top dog in regards to releases and cracks, and that any others will go down due to being slow and inferior.

And as for the 19-18 issue. Read the FAQs.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 05, 02:13:00 by morriganrant » Logged

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2010 June 05, 02:43:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, some of you retards are obviously noobs, but no one gives a FLYING FUCK how long your torrent is taking. Go do your homework while you wait, or something. Seriously, the next person who posts about how many more hours their torrent is going to be will have his or head TORN off by me. No one cares about your speshul snowflakism.

Post useful stuff about what EA fucked up the ass.

Erry
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2010 June 05, 02:48:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Post useful stuff about what EA fucked up the ass.
The fucked up simbots in the ass, real good; I mean really, how does a bot - which is made out of metal, scraps no less - become a ghost upon death? Just no.

"I go to his page and I see 'Hot Lesbians' as a tab... keep your sex life to yourself, bitch."
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2010 June 05, 02:58:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would you deny a soul to a non-carbon based lifeform?

snabul
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2010 June 16, 10:53:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh, thanks very much. It installed like a dream! How are you two accessing it without the disc?

On the disc is a Vitality folder, inside that is a Ambitions folder, inside it is a cracked .exe and .dll. I changed the name of the original .dll and .exe for backup purposes, and am using the cracked .exe. I have no idea what a Mac user would do, the few times I have gone about finding cracked .app files, I have come up mostly empty handed.

AM appears to not be working correctly right now, so it's no-cd feature is pretty worthless until we can figure out what the issue is.

Me, I change the Name of the cracked .exe and leave the original .exe as it installed. Then I start the game by the cracked .exe.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2010 June 16, 11:02:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Twallanian NoCD functions just fine for noCD purposes. Messing with cracked executables introduces its own source of hassles.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
crunk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2010 June 16, 15:52:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So am I correct in inferring that if I'm using awesomemod and disabling the cd-check I can run the game off of the original exe without an issue?

/noob question
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2010 June 16, 16:49:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So am I correct in inferring that if I'm using awesomemod and disabling the cd-check I can run the game off of the original exe without an issue?

/noob question

Gee, I don't know. Disabling the CD-check would probably make it stop checking for the CD, but oooh, that one is so hard to figure out... better ask that question in more inappropriate threads to be sure!
snabul
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2010 June 16, 22:36:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

/noob question

Yes, You can!

Unfortunately only Sims3 is under Pescados wings (claws?), and you have to update your awesomemod.
michellerooni
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2010 July 01, 20:06:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okayyy, so im gonna apologize in advance for the questions im about to ask, but im super lost&a bit confused. So, can i get in trouble from EA or anything from downloading this? &what do you have to do after you download it? Like in an easily understandable way please!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2010 July 01, 20:44:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okayyy, so im gonna apologize in advance for the questions im about to ask, but im super lost&a bit confused. So, can i get in trouble from EA or anything from downloading this? &what do you have to do after you download it? Like in an easily understandable way please!

Look, file sharing is not a new thing. It's not a complicated concept either.

If EA is charging to download the expansion from their site and some other site is providing a download of it for free common sense says that EA probably didn't give it to them and tell them to provide it to everyone free of charge. Do the math!

As for getting in trouble with EA? Will they send men in suits to your house to collect you in a black van with dark windows? Probably not. Do they collect 'usage data' by phoning home in the background when you run the game. Yes. Could some of this data potentially provide them indication that someone obtained the game/expansion by less than legitimate means? Possibly. Are there ways around sending usage data to EA? Yes.

You have to weigh the pros and cons for yourself and use some common sense. I'm not sure what you want people to tell you. If you should download it? That's up to you!

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2010 July 01, 21:52:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If EA is charging to download the expansion from their site and some other site is providing a download of it for free common sense says that EA probably didn't give it to them and tell them to provide it to everyone free of charge.

WAAAAAAAAAAT?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
michellerooni
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2010 July 02, 05:06:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Look, file sharing is not a new thing. It's not a complicated concept either.

If EA is charging to download the expansion from their site and some other site is providing a download of it for free common sense says that EA probably didn't give it to them and tell them to provide it to everyone free of charge. Do the math!

As for getting in trouble with EA? Will they send men in suits to your house to collect you in a black van with dark windows? Probably not. Do they collect 'usage data' by phoning home in the background when you run the game. Yes. Could some of this data potentially provide them indication that someone obtained the game/expansion by less than legitimate means? Possibly. Are there ways around sending usage data to EA? Yes.

You have to weigh the pros and cons for yourself and use some common sense. I'm not sure what you want people to tell you. If you should download it? That's up to you!

Okayy, so I lack common sense, so this is going to be a very hard decision. but thanks!
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2010 July 02, 17:32:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okayy, so I lack common sense,

I am startled by this shocking revelation.

jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2010 July 02, 22:04:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okayy, so I lack common sense,

I am startled by this shocking revelation.

THE VAPORS!  I HAS THEM!

jfgraves
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2010 July 02, 22:35:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just came home from the hospital, ick! This torrent made me smile. I love u guys for posting this, saves me money and getting strange looks at Target from employees who are too lazy to place the games on the shelf.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2010 July 02, 22:56:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just came home from the hospital, ick! This torrent made me smile. I love u guys for posting this, saves me money and getting strange looks at Target from employees who are too lazy to place the games on the shelf.

Gack. Go back to the hospital, you're not fixed yet.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: