More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 08:29:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Ambitions Torrent
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ambitions Torrent  (Read 70533 times)
Erry
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Ambitions Torrent
« on: 2010 June 01, 10:48:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if this is the correct section but here's the torrent:

http://www.1337x.org/torrent/76631/0/

Enjoy.

"I go to his page and I see 'Hot Lesbians' as a tab... keep your sex life to yourself, bitch."
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Ambitions Torrent
« Reply #1 on: 2010 June 01, 11:19:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There really isn't a specific section for this, because it's not really an issue regarding the game and we don't really need to cover it at length.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 June 01, 14:35:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's another link to it: http://www.kickasstorrents.com/the-sims-3-ambitions-vitality-t4122386.html
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 June 01, 15:23:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugh, this is terrible. ETA: 2 years.

I'm almost tempted to spend money on this. Almost. I'm too cheap to ever actually do it though.
BriarRosethorn
Asinine Airhead

Don't you type at me in that tone of voice!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 June 01, 15:41:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same. My ETA keeps jumping from 2 years to 1 week and back. I would buy the game if I had the money. I usually do, but until I can afford it, I'm stuck with torrents. Still, by the time it actually downloads, I may have the money to buy a copy.

KING LOUIS: I'm the King of France!
THE DOCTOR: Yeah? Well, I'm the Lord of Time.
The Doctor. More awesome than the King of France.
Alwayswatching
Asinine Airhead

Correlation does not imply Causality.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 June 01, 15:44:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugh, this is terrible. ETA: 2 years.

I'm almost tempted to spend money on this. Almost. I'm too cheap to ever actually do it though.

Give it time to get more seeders and stuff. It's been out for less than a day.

My inferiority complex is better than your inferiority complex!
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2010 June 01, 15:56:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm waiting a bit anyway, but question:

Is the Vitality release usually "compatible" with Reloaded? I own the base game, but I do not have the money to go out and buy WA or Ambitions yet (though I am obsessed with having boxes and manuals for games, so soon enough). I got the Reloaded WA...but it was SKU2 when my legit Sims 3 was SKU1. So I had to download the reloaded Sims 3, too.

Will the Vitality one be SKU2 or SKU1? Is it Multi language and therefore whatever, or is it the US version or whatever? <_<

I dont want to waste the space and bandwidth.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 June 01, 16:00:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why wouldn't the release be compatible with the Reloaded release? It's just gamefiles.

I assume the Vitality release is SKU1, since the game won't be out in Europe until Friday.

All you need to do if it doesn't install is edit the registry to 'fake' your region. Worked fine for my legit Sims 3 and downloaded WA/HELS, will see in about 15mins how it works here.
Alwayswatching
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 June 01, 16:05:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Editing the game region is super easy.

Did anyone know that Ambitions adds the ability to edit, add and remove lots or town items to your neighborhoods from the edit town menu? (Finally.)

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2010 June 01, 16:07:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I initially faked my WA download into thinking it was SKU 1, but even then, only the SKU 2 patches worked for it.

So I was using SKU 1 patches (ending in .1) for The Sims 3, but SKU 2 patches (ending in .2) for WA, and I had to manually download every patch because of it, and eventually I broke it and got sick of it. Maybe it would be easier with just editing ambitions. Actually, I'm not even sure what SKU the ones I have are listed as.

If it is "just game files" then it might work. Gotta wait for the awesomemod update anyway. Definitely not reinstalling.
Alwayswatching
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 June 01, 16:09:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh? I have WA and the Base Game on two different regions too, but I just changed the WA region to the same as the base game (USA I think) and never changed it back. USA patches work on both of them. I've never had to change the region to install a patch.

IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 June 01, 16:11:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did anyone know that Ambitions adds the ability to edit, add and remove lots or town items to your neighborhoods from the edit town menu? (Finally.)

Remember, you need to buy Ambitions to use this new feature that should have been in the game at release!
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2010 June 01, 16:13:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I must've done something wrong then.

Also, uh, I think Town Editing will be in the next major patch. Quite a few big features of Ambitions, just like WA, will be patched.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 June 01, 16:15:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, mine said ETA was 14 hours just 20 minutes ago, but now it's saying around 8 hours, and it seems to be staying at a consistent speed now. I guess it doesn't really matter anyway since I'm not planning on installing it until AM is compatible.

Claeric, the region SKU can be changed easily. I bought the base game, so it's region 1, but both WA and HELS are the RELOADED releases and they're region 2. All I had to do to install them is modify the SKU for the base game from 1 to 2. I changed it back afterwards. I now get region 1 patches for the base game and region 2 patches for WA. It all works fine for me.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2010 June 01, 16:21:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that's the thing, I don't want to have to get the patches manually. I loooooove the convenience of just using the launcher. I guess I'll just wait for the Reloaded version (though I dont know a thing about how these "releases" work, so I dunno how long that'll be). Not like downloading will be an issue of speed, that is where private sites come in. :3 Blackcats ftmfw.
Alwayswatching
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 June 01, 16:24:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of which, would pirated expansions still work with the launcher and online features?

I have legit base and WA.

IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 June 01, 16:24:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There will not be a reloaded release of Ambitions. Vitality got to it first.

Seems like EA finally decided to make a standard disk for Sims 3: Ambitions. I'm installing it now (I got the ISO off Usenet).

I just have The Sims 3 legit, and I can use online features.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2010 June 01, 16:27:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen Reloaded and vitality of things, but is that really how they work? The first one to do it is the only one and the other goes "oh well"?

I am not familiar with this stuff.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 June 01, 16:30:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Scene tends to be about who gets it and cracks correctly it first. It's sort of a race. The losers are "nuked", meaning their releases are pulled from official circulation, although if the releases are close, nuked releases may hang around for a bit, particularly if it turns out that the first rusher cracked it wrong and the second one is therefore "Proper". This part doesn't really concern us since cracking TS3 is unnecessary, though.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010 June 01, 16:31:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first group to do a release on the scene is the only release, unless the release is nuked (it has issues) then another group can snatch it up.

Ambitions is SKU region 1, btw. skuregion.txt reads

GameVersion = 4.0.87.006001
Code:0.RL-2.0.104
Asset:1.ep2-0.rl.5
Thumbnails:1.Thumbnailep2.dl.127
TCC:1.TCC.ep02.137
CiderVersion#003828
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2010 June 01, 16:32:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But someone just said it was an all-in-one disc, like a multi release, doesn't that mean the SKU will be whatever SKU your existing installation is?

AGH I am so confused. Whatever. My ETA is 4 hours, 5 min. That's all I know.
markjs
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2010 June 01, 16:33:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that's the thing, I don't want to have to get the patches manually. I loooooove the convenience of just using the launcher. I guess I'll just wait for the Reloaded version (though I dont know a thing about how these "releases" work, so I dunno how long that'll be). Not like downloading will be an issue of speed, that is where private sites come in. :3 Blackcats ftmfw.

RELOADED won't proper ViTALiTY's release since it does not have any reason to nuke it from the scene.
You can expect a proper when a initial release don't work properly as it should.

About Regions.
The installer automatically updates it to your current region.
It's included inside the ISO at Support\Updates or Support\UpdatesMAC.

The "real" size of this expansion is only 2.5 Gb, add 2.12 Gb of updates and you have this release.

MAC Updates are wayyy big.
PolecatEZ
Blathering Buffoon

Necatur Americanus - and I vote!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010 June 01, 16:38:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2 days ago I found this shelved at my local hick-town Target store.  They refused my purchase at the register, now they lose a sale.  Anyone else finding this marketing strategy not making sense?
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2010 June 01, 16:39:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, THAT'S what I needed to know- the installer will auto-detect my installed SKU and fix it for me. Then everything is good once AM is updated. Huzzah! Can't wait to add lots to Sunset Valley. Anyone know if we can remove/change existing lots?

My ETA dropped down to infinity though. ;-; Pretty rare for a Blackcats download.
dehatinms
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2010 June 01, 16:43:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of which, would pirated expansions still work with the launcher and online features?

I have legit base and WA.
I think they do. If you want to update that way you just have to replace the cracked .exe/tslhost.dll with the original copies and then find a no-CD patch for the new version.

I pulled this off a private tracker this morning and the new features seem pretty neat. I was disappointed with the dearth of new clothes (more varieties of emo hair though  Roll Eyes ), but the build mode stuff makes up for it. Also, it seems deadset on installing the EA Download Manager ... it tried forcing itself on my computer (along with Adobe AIR) when I first installed Ambitions, tried to get me to install it again after the installation, and now every time I open the launcher I get an error message. Game still works, so whatever.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: