More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 14:30:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  A little help for the victim of newness
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A little help for the victim of newness  (Read 9629 times)
Happythoughts
Asinine Airhead

I don't waste grease!

View Profile
A little help for the victim of newness
« on: 2010 May 13, 21:37:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

same story different day right.  I buy a new pc from cyberpower, research hearing wonderful things about windows 7.  I think great now my newer games will have a decent os to play on, BUT the only game that I ever play on a more constant basis, is my sims2 no offense to the sims3.  As good as the new options and such are, I cannot get past the unrealistic looking characters I keep seeing in videos and trailers for the game.  
Moving on to my real issue.  I have the original dvd for the sims2, and my ep's and sp's are all downloaded from torrent that ran fine on the xp but my pc just couldn't handle the graphics and memory to play at 'my' expectations so I bought a new pc.  
Again getting to my issue, everything installed fine to my knowledge, using daemon tools I installed all my hacked ep's and sp's without a hitch.  I launched with my cracked no cd and recieved a "no directx9 adapter compatible try updating this and your drivers".....so i went and got the directx 9c and directx11feb2010redist and updated my ati 5450.  
The directx did not give me a destination path to place the exctracted files so I am unsure where to really place those, and the update for graphics card did not fix the problem.  I also ran the crack under xp mode and administrater just to be sure I wasnt overlooking the obvious noob related delays of gameplaying fun.
 If anyone knows where I need to place the directx files, this will help me in that regard, BUT I am also thinking the no cd crack may be the problem and if their are newer ones for mansions and gardens, i have dl'd a few from diff sites and I receive the same errors as before.
 My system specs are not the issue here of that I am positive, my ram is 6gb, my processor is 17 930 2.8 ghz , with an asus p6t se x58 crossfire tripl chanl ddr3.
**also I updated my windows7, and spent many days looking for solutions and looking at posts of others with this same error message.  Any help even if it means the obvious, buy them legally replies are welcome just throw me a rope of any kind.

« Last Edit: 2010 May 13, 23:21:41 by Happythoughts » Logged

All the voices in my head are my own voice thats what makes me different then the other crazies, who only hear 'voices'. what nutjobs.
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
Re: A little help for the victim of newness
« Reply #1 on: 2010 May 13, 21:49:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I just about got through the first couple of sentences, but then the TL;DR and comma abuse assaulted my mental faculties and I had to remove to my safe space. Plz to be using some grammar and maybe, controversially, some paragraphs and get back to us.

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 May 13, 21:58:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dude, your spiel is really hard to read. But, from what I can gleam from it, you are having Directx9 issues on Win7, who is supposed to be backwards compatible with it's Directx11, but really isn't, is that right? Why don't you use Windows Directx Updater? Or is your OS pirated as well?
Try the stuff here: http://community.livejournal.com/thesims2/6810578.html
and here: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/ht/restoredx9dll.htm

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Happythoughts
Asinine Airhead

I don't waste grease!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 May 13, 22:05:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sorry for my poor writing structure, I tried to fix that just now.  yes I read about how directx11 is supposed include all functions from previous releases too.  My husband plays delta force black hawk down on his new pc, which in essence is the same machine and it works without a problem.  I will check your links as soon as I come back from the store.
 Also I would still like to know where the directx files need to be placed.  I was told once they are located in window/system32/dirx but my windows doesnt have a dirx folder, but I did a search and found some of them in a different folder in system32/winsx or something to that nature, I'll update as soon as I return and check.  
 I looked for an automatic updater for directx on my pc and came up empty but the two links you gave me were a good start for a possible solution...and LOL at the pirated os, its paid for I'm not one who usually 'steals' anything.   Also I've never played the game online, this is completely for my private enjoyment.

**bodyshop loads just fine, this is why I believe it may have something to do with my no cd crack.
« Last Edit: 2010 May 13, 23:16:56 by Happythoughts » Logged

All the voices in my head are my own voice thats what makes me different then the other crazies, who only hear 'voices'. what nutjobs.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 May 13, 23:29:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why in God's green would you be MANUALLY placing DirectX files? 

Please to be for to going to Windows Updater and let IT do it FOR YOU before your computer asplode and we all turn into floating, circling heads, laughing and pointing at you, like on "Carrie".

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Happythoughts
Asinine Airhead

I don't waste grease!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 May 13, 23:34:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL I have enough sense not to touch any folders that belong in WINDOWS, hence why I was asking about it.  If the obvious no clue of what I'm doing but am trying to do it anyway personality hasn't been made apparent in my previous posts now you know.  I could not find the wndows updater for directx it keeps trying to give me security updates instead.  Another issue I have to look up.  I did find the dxsetup file in the redistrib running that now.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 May 13, 23:49:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also I would still like to know where the directx files need to be placed.  I was told once they are located in window/system32/dirx but my windows doesnt have a dirx folder, but I did a search and found some of them in a different folder in system32/winsx or something to that nature, I'll update as soon as I return and check.  

**bodyshop loads just fine, this is why I believe it may have something to do with my no cd crack.

My second link tells you how to manually extract just the .dll file you need and where to place it. You were close but it's just system32, not a dirx subfolder within. Use the actual updater if you can, although some people were having problems with it, that's why the links in my first link were several different releases to try.

It could be the No-cd, you could have it in the wrong place for instance. Running a nocd from the wrong location will cause an error claiming that the .dll file is missing or similar. However, graphics problems effecting your game, may not necessarily effect bodyshop. Double check your No-cd location.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
Happythoughts
Asinine Airhead

I don't waste grease!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 May 14, 00:13:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

a one on one sit down is what I need to hash this out.  My online info for contacting me is open for anyone willing to personally help with this, stalkers are welcome I love a long ignore list.  Seriously tho, It's difficult to keep up with all the failed solutions I've been trying, and I'm getting nervous about all these downloaded installers sitting here waiting to be tested.  I think what my next step should be uninstalling all of the sims2 and starting from scratch, I know for a fact the game started after installing the original dvd with the disc in.
I've only had this new pc in my house for 2 days and I shouldn't expect a new os and new everything else to be easy to understand.  But again this game was the ONLY reason I wanted a new pc.  This is why I'm so fustrated, it's pricey buying all the packs and I give much respect for those having committed to buying them despite the costs. anywayz continue giving me ideas while I take an hour or two reinstalling.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 May 14, 00:21:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only curious, but what no-cd did you download, and where did you install the no-cd.exe to?
For that matter, why is a reinstall of The Sims 2 necessary?

Happythoughts
Asinine Airhead

I don't waste grease!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 May 14, 00:37:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my no cd crack was named Sims2mansionandgardenstuffv1.0NoDVDFixedexe, put it in the programs folder ea/sims2 mansionandgarden overwrote the original sent to desktop like I always do.  I'm fimiliar with using cd cracks, I'm hard on cd's and don't like risking scratches or overrunning them to the point I have to repurchase copy.  As for the reinstall, I was lieing I was hungry and had a taco. busted.
reason #2 why I think its the crack is, if i click on the original exe for mansion and gardens in my start/allprograms/ea/mansionandgardens directory it will launch the play game header without any error. thus promptly telling me to insert my game disk that I do not have.  Insinuating that my crack is faulty not my directx or graphics card.
« Last Edit: 2010 May 14, 01:09:55 by Happythoughts » Logged

wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 May 14, 01:12:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL at the pirated os, its paid for I'm not one who usually 'steals' anything.
I had to laugh at this.  Especially after this -

I have the original dvd for the sims2, and my ep's and sp's are all downloaded from torrent that ran fine on the xp but my pc just couldn't handle the graphics and memory to play at 'my' expectations so I bought a new pc.   
Torrent equals pirated or stolen.  Perhaps you shouldn't make such contradictory statements.

As for the Directx issue, just install it.  As far as I know there is no need to manually install anything.  The last time I did a manual DirectX update, the file was self-extracting.  That is, after double clicking, it extracts to a default temp folder, than after it has extracted it will install itself where it needs to go.

I haven't installed TS2 since getting Windows 7 and TS3, but I doubt it is a Windows 7 issue, as I suspect there would be a lot more complaints.  TS2 ran on vista fine, might have to try an install on Windows 7, just to see if it really is a compatibility issue, or if your just doing it wrong.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Happythoughts
Asinine Airhead

I don't waste grease!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 May 14, 01:28:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I said 'usually' steals...I don't make a habit of it. lol  thanks for all directx help, but I'm almost positive it has nothing to do with directx, because again like I said, after installing my original sims2, I launched the game to make sure it was compatible before taking the time to add all the ep's and sp's. The original loaded without a problem, it wasn't until I added all the other's that I recieved the error, and upon seeing it load the play game screen thru the original exe for mansion and gardens without an error brings me back to believing its my no cd crack thats junk.

Happythoughts
Asinine Airhead

I don't waste grease!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 May 14, 01:43:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

O my sweet Mary Yaguchi!   Shocked  I beg all of you my forgiveness lmao, morriganrant you were right I placed the crack in the wrong spot  inside my mansion and gardens, I should have known it was me and not the pc (one of those unwritten pc rules) it belonged in the tsdata.  How utterly ignorant of me.  
But I am grateful for the harassments and help, it got me thru the loneliness of not knowing where to look next.  Arrg this half pint stealer will stay offline as always during my gameplay so don't judge me too harshly there.  And my husband will also thank you for sparing him the expense of buying new copies.
Especially after splurging me with a new pc, did I mention its pink. lol maybe the pink is blocking my basic thought process. (can you tell I'm bursting with fruit flavors just seeing the load screen) thanks again morriganrant for making me slow down and look at what i've done already, I owe you one.

Regards Happythoughts

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 May 14, 02:57:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't double-post, especially when you're already treading on thin ice with the grammar, punctuation, relentless cheeriness, and TL;DR. 

We all pretty much assumed the PC was pink.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 May 14, 08:17:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TARD ALERT!
THIS NOOBTARD IS NOT ESL. I REPEAT: THIS NOOBTARD IS NOT ESL. READY FLAMETHROWERS AND SPORK AT WILL.

More F than you
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 May 14, 08:18:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I was willing to make allowances at first, because I was in a good mood and all, but you've made no effort to fix your sloppy typing. If anything, it's even worse than before! Abuse of clauses, lack of capitalisation, atrocities like "thru", none of it is helping your cause. It just makes you look like a complete tard.

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: