More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 09:12:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  no woohoo
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: no woohoo  (Read 15697 times)
klnsims
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
no woohoo
« on: 2010 April 05, 08:54:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

is there a mod that removes the woohoo option from appearing in conversation? or how it could be made?
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Re: no woohoo
« Reply #1 on: 2010 April 06, 18:22:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why would you want that?

But to answer your question, no I don't believe there's anything like that.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 April 06, 19:25:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll bet it's trying for an Even-squeakier-clean Legacy or similar.

More F than you
Rayea
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 April 06, 22:37:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are..But they usualy replace the woowhoo word with something more unplesant (or plesant, depending on your point of view)
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 April 07, 03:09:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's the point of playing a legacy without woo-hoo? Is everybody going to adopt?

I sing along with elevator music.
klnsims
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 April 07, 11:51:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

no i just want it removed for my kid to play without asking questions! is there a way to remove a specific option from conversation?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 April 07, 11:53:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We don't encourage kids here, so no. Put it back in its hole and wait for it to finish pupating. No one here has heard of such a mod nor do we have any interest in making such a thing. Your kids aren't even supposed to be PLAYING this game.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 April 07, 11:54:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are..But they usualy replace the woowhoo word with something more unplesant (or plesant, depending on your point of view)

Yo tardling, learn you some spellchecking. Don't think we are too distracted by the Asstear Saga to overlook tardliness elsewhere on the boards.

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 April 07, 12:10:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To explain what Pescado meant, as you seem to have no clue about these things: check the ESRB rating of the game. If your child is under the age specified, s/he should probably not be playing that game. The reasons for age limits are also given; you as parent may see fit to disregard them for whatever reason. However, if your child is a teen, they should be asking questions by now.

If your child is not yet a teen, there are lots of other games for your child/ren to play that are age-suitable if you don't want those questions just yet.

More F than you
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 April 07, 13:32:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember a Sims 2 hack that was something like this.  No woohoo, and instead, sims requested babies from a garden flamingo.  Then there was the original Sims -  before Livin' Large.  Babies were made by kissing.

Hey, it's not my business what you expose your child to, but I have to ask, how much damage could be done?  Certainly they know what sex is, and since woohoo isn't graphic, how could it cause confusion?  Unless you've sheltered them THAT much, in which case, they don't need to be playing The Sims.
Viscount
immortelleMuse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 April 07, 16:13:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

no i just want it removed for my kid to play without asking questions! is there a way to remove a specific option from conversation?

What scares me the most is that this is a PARENT who doesn't know how to capitalize. I hope your child learns grammar more efficiently than you have... and doesn't spend time on forums asking questions on a rated "T" game. Are you going to ask bars to get rid of alcohol in martinis because you drink them and want your kid to drink them too?

I was a 12 when The Sims Livin' Large came out, and it didn't "scar" me as much to see them "playing" in the vibrating bed. In fact, I learned about sex prior to that in a school encyclopedia, and I never told or asked my parents about it. I'm not out spreading my legs or posting pictures of my breasts to people I don't know on the internet, nor am I preoccupied with the notion of "sex" or "woohoo" (if that's what you were afraid of.)

It's all about a level of maturity. If your kid still laughs hysterically at the word "poop" then they're not mature enough. Otherwise, stop being ridiculous and try not to overprotect it TOO much and stop avoiding "the talk". Or else you'll have spoiled, immature brats who think the world shits rainbows and that the world should hand everything to them, but only them, because only they deserve it even though they've done nothing; much like in the way Austere thinks.  

No matter how old you are, no matter how badass you think you are, if a toddler hands you their ringing toy phone-- you answer it.
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 April 07, 16:39:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's all about a level of maturity. If your kid still laughs hysterically at the word "poop" then they're not mature enough.

Poop is always a funny word. Poop and willies and widdles.

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 April 07, 16:54:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember a Sims 2 hack that was something like this.  No woohoo, and instead, sims requested babies from a garden flamingo. 

Jesus. That sounds more scarring than introducing your kid to the concept of sex.

I sing along with elevator music.
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 April 07, 17:13:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember a Sims 2 hack that was something like this.  No woohoo, and instead, sims requested babies from a garden flamingo.

Jesus. That sounds more scarring than introducing your kid to the concept of sex.

That all depends on how you introduce it.  For me, it was an animated film called "Where Did I Come From?", which my mother thought would be an educational thing about babies.  The only scene I remember was the part where the man and woman were in bed.  It zoomed in on cat patterned bedsheets, and after a moment, the cats came to life and started going at it as well.  As the age of four 0, I didn't get it, but my mom was considerably abhorred.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 April 07, 18:00:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's all about a level of maturity. If your kid still laughs hysterically at the word "poop" then they're not mature enough.

Poop is always a funny word. Poop and willies and widdles.
"Poop."  Hee.

There is a mod on Sexy Sims 3 that replaces all instances of the word "Woohoo" with "Fuck".  That should help prevent any awkward questions from the kiddies about the dreaded "W" word.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
NoShitSherlock
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 April 12, 01:36:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That all depends on how you introduce it.  For me, it was an animated film called "Where Did I Come From?", which my mother thought would be an educational thing about babies.  The only scene I remember was the part where the man and woman were in bed.  It zoomed in on cat patterned bedsheets, and after a moment, the cats came to life and started going at it as well.  As the age of four 0, I didn't get it, but my mom was considerably abhorred.

I was fortunated enough to watch that film as both a 6 (Introductory talk) and several times as a 12 (Health class every year, and advanced Biology). Needless to say, it was much more entertainingas a 12. I would love to see the look on the original poster's face if their child brought home the book Mommy Laid an Egg, as that book seemed too "adult" for several of the adults in my Children's Services: 0 to 6 class.

The Sims games are no worse than some of the shows on tv geared towards children.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 April 13, 22:26:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suspect this would be a largely futile approach.  The kid is likely to know that sims are supposed to have babies and that this happens through woohoo.  I suggest the 0-12 finishes pupating, as noted, or you have a quick convo with it.  Either that, or follow the instructions on the box that indicate that the game is to be kept out of reach of children.

Tribulatio proxima est
friendlyquark
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 April 13, 23:13:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

May I mention that my 5 year old thinks that the falling rose petals are pretty but misses the fireworks from Sims2? She used to ask all the time for the dogs to make puppies so she could watch the fireworks. She has been watching me play Sims since she was a baby, so we'll see if she is permanently scarred by it about the time she hits 12, I guess.
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 April 14, 01:44:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that I think about it... I remember making my barbie dolls have sex when I was a 6.  I saw it as what grown ups did when married; where babies came from.  I certainly didn't get aroused off of it - I was too young to care.  Honestly, I don't think many kids would.  Parents on the other hand are giving their kids too much credit to think they are seeing these things the same way adults do.
« Last Edit: 2010 April 14, 02:03:38 by Dragon Slave » Logged
Verbed Noun
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010 April 14, 19:50:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Although I didn't know what it was at the time, I made my Barbies do BDSM when I was a 6.  The odd (or not?) thing is that there was no source of inspiration for that; I was raised as a prudish Christian with little to no exposure to sexuality.

On-topic, I'm wondering why the hell the original poster decided to make their request here of all places.
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010 April 14, 19:57:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Although I didn't know what it was at the time, I made my Barbies do BDSM when I was a 6.  The odd (or not?) thing is that there was no source of inspiration for that; I was raised as a prudish Christian with little to no exposure to sexuality.

On-topic, I'm wondering why the hell the original poster decided to make their request here of all places.

Data Dase Systems Manager; that's really advanced for a Barbie!

Edit: because I'm dyslexic
« Last Edit: 2010 April 14, 20:09:30 by The_Goddess » Logged
Verbed Noun
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010 April 15, 05:41:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Data Dase Systems Manager; that's really advanced for a Barbie!

Edit: because I'm dyslexic
That must be what this Barbie does.

Microsoft Word paperclip mode engaged:
By the way, you have a typo.  Did you mean to write "Bata Dase"?
« Last Edit: 2010 April 15, 05:49:28 by Verbed Noun » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: