More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 21:47:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Random Crash to Desktop
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Random Crash to Desktop  (Read 73524 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Random Crash to Desktop
« Reply #100 on: 2010 July 07, 06:59:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am also having this problem, of Sims random crashing to desktop, however I have noticed that happens from installing other mods, after AM. If I remove packages/mods etc installed after AM, I have no problem
That does tend to be the cause of crashing, yes.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: 2010 July 07, 10:35:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far I've experienced a couple age related CTD, which are easily fixed by the "resetage" command on the sims listed in via the "listagers" command. However, since last night, it seems to be any age-up event that is causing CTD. Unless something major has broken, the only other reason I can think of is that it's something to do with the sims being some of the original townies that are now dying off and were possibly corrupt. The only thing I have noticed with the last two age-up related CTD is that each contained a death event. The first time, one sim was an elder service npc, the second time an elder town sim, which were both scheduled to die, but instead CTD. If I forced them to age-up right away, it would CTD, however if i first "resetage", then aged them up manually back to where they were previously at, they would die off normally and without CTD. I'll probably see a few more CTD events from time to time until I've got rid of the original batch of townies.
« Last Edit: 2010 July 07, 10:47:19 by Anach » Logged

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2010 July 08, 00:35:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had an aging up CTD recently - seems the hair my toddler had been given was corrupt somehow in child, because when I took the hair out no more CTD's.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
minafairbrook
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2010 December 09, 17:34:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, I just wanted to let everyone know I did figure out the problem eventually.
It was just a coincidence that it started happening when I installed Awesomemod. Im using it now and its all good.

I gave up for a while but eventually wanted to play it again so after googling enough I found out a lot of people have the issue and its an issue EA needs to actually patch and it usually DOESNT happen as soon as you get the game and so on. Someone made  a free fix for it, too. I figure if anyone with the same problem reads this itd be helpful to share the link-

http://soulfulsims.mybigcommerce.com/products/Sims-3-Crash-Fix.html
Jessnova
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2010 December 09, 17:59:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugh.  That's just a Large Address Aware fix for the stupid, marketed as a magic fix-all.  Since LAA was supposed to have been adjusted in LN, that 'fix' should be redundant.

-tastes like chikin
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2010 December 09, 20:53:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you still have to adjust the config to allow the game to use the RAM, though.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
minafairbrook
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2010 December 11, 19:05:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dont really know much about it except I tried it and it works and I havent crashed since I started using it.
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2010 December 15, 16:07:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After patching, this shit is happening to me again...I even reinstalled the whole damn game and I'm still getting the random crashes. I'm so fed up with this f-ing game.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: