More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:51:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Trying to Install HELS into my E drive with no Luck. Resolved!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Trying to Install HELS into my E drive with no Luck. Resolved!  (Read 3520 times)
jonas
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Trying to Install HELS into my E drive with no Luck. Resolved!
« on: 2010 March 24, 09:08:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I realize this isn't exactly the place to ask for basic tech help with the game, but I have tried the Sims3 tech forum and received exactly 0 answers in a day.  Maybe I'll at least get yelled at here or something which is better than no response at all. (In honesty, I've found quite a bit of help here - so I mean no disrespect)

Recently, I encountered the blue lot horror in my Riverview and nothing seemed to make that go away, so I finally deleted my main game. Aside from re-installing, I'm completely gutting and re-doing my game and putting all the store files/other downloads into a much neater .dbc collection.  I'm starting a fresh - all custom by me SV town.  I thought this would be a good time to pop in HELS before I do the .dbc files and other organizing.

I keep Sims3 and WA in my E drive folder with the intention of making that entire 250gb drive devoted only to my Sims.  When I try to install HELS into E -  whether under Sims3, EA(WA) or just plain E - It refuses to install and states that doing so may cause instability to my system.  

It tries to default to C/EA where my Spore game is currently residing (until I cannot bear that goddamn game any longer)  Should I allow it to install there? Is there a better way? I no longer use the launcher to play my game, of course.
« Last Edit: 2010 March 28, 06:40:18 by jonas » Logged
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
Re: Trying to Install HELS into my E drive with no Luck.
« Reply #1 on: 2010 March 24, 11:22:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you installing HELS into it's own folder or the TS3 folder already there?

If it's the latter, you will severly fuck your game, hence the warning.

I have all of my games including the sims 2 and 3 on a dedicated games drive, to keep my C drive free for other assorted shit, and it works perfectly.  It sounds like you have fucked something up during the installation.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 March 24, 11:57:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't put it under Sims3 or under WA. Put it NEXT to them in the Electronic Arts folder.

More F than you
jonas
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 March 24, 12:26:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually tried putting it in all 3 areas, but it just didn't work.  I did try putting it next to them.  There must be something I'm doing wrong.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 March 24, 15:50:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you use the default installation filepath (just changing the drive letter to "E" and keeping the rest), it should install just fine.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
jonas
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 March 25, 09:14:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A ton of thanks, jeromycraig.  That's exactly what needed to be done.  Now...does the content go into the newest folder then?  I imagine this answer lies around the site so I'll get to looking.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: