More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 15, 21:12:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Am I a bad person?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Am I a bad person?  (Read 24204 times)
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
Am I a bad person?
« on: 2005 July 29, 02:19:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just recently started a legacy family (haven't yet got up the guts or awesomeness to start an Email challenge).

The founder, Simone Le Gassey (Simone The Flatulent, as I've nicknamed her) started out as an attractive adult with ROUND ears.  Her son, Adrian the doofus, spun up the knowledge aspiration so he was desperate to go to uni (LTW is to become, yawn, a Mad Scientist).  He picked up in the intelligence stakes as a teen with four out of 7 skills maxed out (You should have seen him as a child.  I'm surprised he didn't come home with a sign on his back which said 'kick me' - he was just that stupid).

Anyway, I gave in and sent Adrian to college despite my reservations.  And, I used a cheat.  I've been using the college clock to speed up things.  He skills in the rare occasions he needs to, does his term paper, does his assignments, goes to any classes that pop up along the way until the bar is maxed up, energises, and goes straight to his final  In an hour he'd finished 2 years worth of Uni, and gotten engaged to Brandi LeTourneau.  Is that bad?  Should I be slapped down and have lips ripped off?

Just to go off on a tangent, he developed Vulcanitis as a toddler, and didn't lose the pointed ears until he went to Uni (although interestingly, his now rounded ears stick out more than any sim I've ever seen).  Simone became an elder and developed a simultaneous case of Vulcanitis and Klingonitis.  I've never seen such an unattractive elder, and boy is that saying something.  I'm gonna have to put up some snapshots, methinks.

<insert witty comment here>
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Am I a bad person?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 29, 02:24:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, but if you had married Marsha Bruenig, I would have personally tracked you down and slap you.

DuckSpeak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 29, 02:24:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheating is good. Not cheating is bad.  Grin  Anyway, you by cheating put you in a disadvantaged position since you had less time to build skills and so on, and that's hardly something to be called bad.

Though I agree with you Darkstormyeve, Marsha Bruenig... is a hellspawn.

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 29, 02:34:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, then I and many others should be slapped around too. I speed up the college game too, simply because I find University severely boring. I want them in and out as fast as possible, preferably before I fall asleep and hit my head on my keyboard. I rarely even play University anymore, I use the lot debugger and update them with "update pre-university sim" (at least I think that's what the wording of the option is).

So what if they want to go to University, I know whats best for my pixel-people. Sometimes we just can't get everything we want, right? :D

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
fff
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 29, 02:43:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're not alone, Vecki - Uni becomes extremely tiresome after a while, and now I just use it to allow my Sims to meet (and shag) new people, and just basically get through it as quick as poss.

Pretty much like Uni in RL, as I recall..... Grin
Baroness
Katze
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 July 29, 03:20:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes uni is boring I use macrostatic college rampage and than the clock to forward to final, all my teens that are born in game have all there skills maxed.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of  
the strong."  
     ---Gandhi
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 July 29, 03:35:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, but if you had married Marsha Bruenig, I would have personally tracked you down and slap you.

We need an "I hate Marsha Bruenig because......" thread!

Zephyr Zodiac
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 July 29, 04:28:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I the only one that likes Marsha?...Smiley. What the kid has done to you? I befriend all my sim-kids with Marsha, and didn't find any negative personality tracks.

The BBS is full of "Marsha haters"...Smiley.

I hate River Smith, and always delete him from my neighbourhood - move him in, find his own place, and - thrown to the trash...Smiley. This guy is taking my wit off - 3 times a day he calls my sims.

...And  vecki is right, college IS boring. I too speed up the time, to send them back to the neighbourhood.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 July 29, 04:50:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I speed up college as well and now tend to not send them. Teenagers are good to help raise babies and stuff. In fact, I would guess that the amount of people who use uni properly are in the minority. Its just good for meeting people for those who you are doing the legacy challenge and yep, shagging.

Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 July 29, 10:22:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We need an "I hate Marsha Bruenig because......" thread!

I hope you're joking... that's far to BBS(and thus less awesome than here)-esque. We usually make fun of threads like that over in Retardo Land...

A proud thread pirate.
HRH Posie
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2005 July 29, 10:30:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*sniggers* this is very true trubble.  Also vecki your YA only needs to fill 3/4 of the bar as the remaining 1/4 will be gained by sitting the final  Wink

"Does nothing work outside of London? Hmm? Apparently not." Natasha Glenville, Bridget Jones
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 July 29, 10:35:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did always wonder about the filling of the bar. I guess I was a bit stupid there - but oh well. It explains a lot. Cheers Posie.

A proud thread pirate.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2005 July 29, 12:40:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You'd better track me down then - I closed my game last night after Marsha Bruenig married Vincent Walter, the son of Brandi Broke & Vince Walter.  For some reason, Brandi was very attached to Marsha and she was always round the Broke place, so when Brandi & Vince died, I moved her in to get her some scholarships and she went to Uni with Vincent and Alison, Brandi & Vince's adopted daughter.  She's much better now in that she doesn't harrass people anymore (I have other Sims do that), but she's a bit of a cold fish.  Made a good student, though.  Oddly enough, Brandi was also very attached to the teenage Ivy Copur, so it was a toss-up between her and Marsha when it came to finding a life-partner for Vincent.  Ivy lost out and is now living with another woman.  No 'relationship' yet, but as the only male she has any interest in is Vincent, there may well be one developing shortly.  Maybe the issue here is Brandi and why she was so fond of teenage townie females ...

*sniggers* this is very true trubble.  Also vecki your YA only needs to fill 3/4 of the bar as the remaining 1/4 will be gained by sitting the final 
Now this is interesting.  I've noticed that quite a few students who've gone to the final with at least enough space to fit in another assignment or class have still managed to get 4.0 and this puzzled me.  Normally I have them furiously doing several assignments on the trot to max the bar out!  Then again, I have had some who've been 3/4 full who have only got 3.9, so maybe there's more to it than that.  I will perform tests shortly.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 July 29, 12:41:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Vecki, I feel your pain. My legacy so far...Founder=Fortune. NPC grocery delivery girl wife=Fortune. Their only child=Fortune. The first grandchild to become a teen=Fortune! The teen is a cutie, just like his dad. My only hope is the toddler who is a clone of her monkey-faced mother. I'm having a hard time getting story material from these sims. The daughter's husband is the most boring Popularity Sim I've ever played. Thankfully he fulfilled his LTW and I can basically ignore him. All these Sims ever talk about is money, sports and the weather. I nearly became comatose playing them last night.
HRH Posie
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2005 July 29, 12:44:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ancient Sim it is mood dependent.  If your sim has decent stats they will fill more of the bar than a sim that is half asleep lacking in social.  That was my fault; I should have specified this earlier.  This is why some sims that have a 3/4 full bar only get a 3.9 and an A- grade.  In addition they need to make the exam on time Wink

"Does nothing work outside of London? Hmm? Apparently not." Natasha Glenville, Bridget Jones
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 July 29, 13:01:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All these Sims ever talk about is money, sports and the weather. I nearly became comatose playing them last night.
Mine are particularly fond of money, politics, culture, and crime. A sim lacking one of these interests tend to have a hard time, and a sim lacking TWO of these interests is going to find it really difficult to relate to anyone. Johnny Smith had this problem, due to a failure to properly appreciate politics, and thus had a lot of difficulty making friends until he gained at least 4 points in it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2005 July 29, 13:31:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine are particularly fond of money, politics, culture, and crime. A sim lacking one of these interests tend to have a hard time, and a sim lacking TWO of these interests is going to find it really difficult to relate to anyone.[/quote Johnny Smith had this problem, due to a failure to properly appreciate politics, and thus had a lot of difficulty making friends until he gained at least 4 points in it.
I have to admit that I rarely take any notice of what mine are discussing.  Only recently I noticed a Sim getting all excited about ghosts, waving his arms about and stuff, and I thought that was rather amusing.  I wouldn't know a culture icon if I saw one and I don't think I know what the politics ones look like, either.  Maybe we need a list of these icons and what they mean?  I have a hard time sometimes trying to work out what they're on about.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 July 29, 14:19:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only pay attention when they start having the minus signs fly. Otherwise, no, it's not very important what they talk about.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 July 29, 14:24:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

" I wouldn't know a culture icon if I saw one and I don't think I know what the politics ones look like, either.  Maybe we need a list of these icons and what they mean?  I have a hard time sometimes trying to work out what they're on about." (Ansient)

Open the "interests" page, and you will see all the bubbles which are connected to a certain interest. You can make a list in no time...Smiley.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 July 29, 15:32:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In an hour he'd finished 2 years worth of Uni, and gotten engaged to Brandi LeTourneau.  Is that bad?  Should I be slapped down and have lips ripped off?

Ugh. That slut! Just so you know, she's having an affair with my sim...

As for Marsha Bruenig- in my game, she's dead. Both of them. I killed the second one because the name alone triggers my gag reflex. The original Marsha, along with Jan Tellerman, Chandler Platz, and anyone named Orlando (who was constantly coming home from school with my sims for 4 generations!) were probably the four most annoying characters in my game.

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 July 29, 15:40:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol, Brynne, except the kids - I am with you all the way: I hate too Jan Tellerman and Brandi. As I don't have the heart to kill a sim, I always move them in, move them out, and delete them in the trashcan...Smiley. I just can't see the "die process", too brutal...Smiley.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 July 29, 15:42:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually used Jan Tellerman, as well as Komei. Komei actually looks quite distinguished with a beard in his elder years. And he has one of the better sim personalities. That is, he's active. And niceness-impaired....but so what? Nice sims are wussies! I encourage all of my sims to be GROUCHY!

Jan Tellerman isn't so bad either. I figured that maybe the two of them were married or something, so that's what I did in my game. They actually don't produce hideous, or awful children. Generally when I do things with premades or townies, I don't mutilate them so much that they're unrecognizable. As you can clearly see, that guy is definitely Komei.
« Last Edit: 2005 July 29, 15:49:39 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 July 29, 15:49:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Komei actually looks quite distinguished with a beard in his elder years. And he has one of the better sim personalities. That is, he's active." (JM)

Ooohhh - Komei is my favorite townie! I never marry a townie to my sims - only Komei. He makes awesome kids, the most pretty in the neighbourhood...Smiley - "awesome than you"?...Smiley
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 July 29, 15:51:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooohhh - Komei is my favorite townie! I never marry a townie to my sims - only Komei. He makes awesome kids, the most pretty in the neighbourhood...Smiley - "awesome than you"?...Smiley
Yeah, Komei's one of my favorites also. I knew I liked him from the moment I saw him insulting another townie. Komei kinda reminds me of maybe a college professor.

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 July 29, 16:06:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Komei is one of the few Townies I didn't kill. He is a "family friend". Never thought about pairing him with Jan Tellerman...wow.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: