More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:58:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Clean Uberhood (Merged EAxis neighbourhoods) - NOT the same as HP's/Mixreality's
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Clean Uberhood (Merged EAxis neighbourhoods) - NOT the same as HP's/Mixreality's  (Read 51917 times)
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Clean Uberhood (Merged EAxis neighbourhoods) - NOT the same as HP's/Mixreality's
« Reply #25 on: 2011 April 08, 17:07:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks. Smiley I'm actually waiting for your tool to be able to remove the broken family ties in Belladonna Cove, Riverblossom Hills & Veronaville (& one stealth hood, although that's not really important, as broken ties aren't carried over when merging). Otherwise I'm mostly finished.

I unfortunately won't be able to make Belladonna Cove as a subhood, because of the apartments. It'd require going into the game and moving out all the sims living in apartments, and that in turn would generate all the stealth hoods (clean ones, but still, it'd generate the subhood lots for FT & AL - or can that be avoided?). I can't think of a good way of getting around that.
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
Re: Clean Uberhood (Merged EAxis neighbourhoods) - NOT the same as HP's/Mixreality's
« Reply #26 on: 2011 April 08, 20:02:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's very easy to disable all stealth subhoods.  Just rename all of the TS2 NeighborhoodTemplate folders in Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2 <EP>\TSData\Res to NeighborhoodTemplate_Stealth.  If you ever want them again, rename them back.  Done.

I almost always play with the following steath subhoods disabled: Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, FreeTime, Apartment Life.  Bon Voyage is a special case, because all of the vacation subhoods are in that folder.  In that case, I created a new NeighborhoodTemplate_Stealth folder and moved V001 into the new folder.

This is all explained in my Subhood tutorial, in the section about creating a clean environment if you can't use an empty AnyGameStarter:
http://www.modthesims.info/showpost.php?p=3322897&postcount=11
« Last Edit: 2011 April 08, 20:09:57 by Mootilda » Logged

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2011 April 08, 20:17:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting. Thank you. Then I should be able to make a downtown Belladonna Cove (seems better than a shopping district, since it's so urban). Curious: What happens if a sim gets access to a secret hobby lot or a secret witch lot in a neighbourhood that lacks the FT/AL stealth hoods?
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2011 April 08, 22:43:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting. Thank you. Then I should be able to make a downtown Belladonna Cove (seems better than a shopping district, since it's so urban). Curious: What happens if a sim gets access to a secret hobby lot or a secret witch lot in a neighbourhood that lacks the FT/AL stealth hoods?

As far as I know, access isn't a problem.  However, I would definitely avoid trying to travel to a non-existent lot or a non-existent subhood.  I've never had problems with certificates to the hobby lots, since I don't visit those lots.  I don't play with witches, so someone else will need to answer that one.

If you actually intend to use those lots, make sure that you have the stealth neighborhoods enabled when you create your primary neighborhood and everything will be fine.

However, when editing a subhood template, it's important that no subhoods (including stealth subhoods) are attached to the standalone subhood.

Nepheris
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2011 April 11, 08:36:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quick question: In the Uberhood, the group pie-menus when teleporting Sims have had their names changed to 'Townies' and 'Service' or whatever, instead of the surname of the first sim to be generated in that group. How did you do that? It'd be so useful to be able to do that myself in my hoods.
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2011 April 11, 16:57:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quick question: In the Uberhood, the group pie-menus when teleporting Sims have had their names changed to 'Townies' and 'Service' or whatever, instead of the surname of the first sim to be generated in that group. How did you do that? It'd be so useful to be able to do that myself in my hoods.

It's very easy to do in SimPE. Open up the Family Information (FAMI) resource, which contains all the families/households, and change the names to your heart's content. Also very useful when someone's last name changed due to a wedding or something and you want the household name to match.
Nepheris
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2011 April 12, 10:05:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Smiley My limited SimPE skills will be sufficient for that.
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2011 May 24, 15:13:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated the original post with new stuffs.
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2011 May 25, 00:08:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm curious.  Why do your newest cleaned versions of Pleasantview, Strangetown, and Veronaville require University or Nightlife?

Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2011 May 25, 04:58:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm curious.  Why do your newest cleaned versions of Pleasantview, Strangetown, and Veronaville require University or Nightlife?

I included memories of 'first woohoo', which I don't think existed until one of those EPs (I'm not sure which one?). I'm not sure how the base game would react to those. Possibly it might just ignore them.

Edit: ...Of course, in retrospect, I should have written that any later EP would also do, and that the memories are the reason why. I'll edit my post with that information later.
« Last Edit: 2011 May 25, 06:41:04 by Tarlia » Logged
Sunbee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2011 June 08, 00:06:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do these mix and match neighborhoods have the fixes you and Strange Tomato made for the broken faces in already or do those sims still need to be SimPE'd?  (Joques, Rubens, Jaquets, etc.)  I've got Belladonna and Pleasantview running right now together and am quite enjoying them, and plan on adding in the other neighborhoods eventually.
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2011 June 08, 05:16:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do these mix and match neighborhoods have the fixes you and Strange Tomato made for the broken faces in already

They do indeed.
Leeoh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2011 June 13, 20:08:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks a lot for this! Made me go back to the game for the first time in months.

I installed Belladonna Cove as a Downtown. It worked out great, but the Maxis families don't show up. Are they supposed to be in the bin?

Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2011 June 13, 22:20:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that Downtowns are special.  Only the first Downtown installed will have sims.  Additional Downtowns will be unpopulated.

Sunbee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2011 June 13, 22:57:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tarlia, in regards to your E001 base hood of Belladonna, I got a whole bunch of errors of missing neighbor for data access out of Chastity Gere and Gabriel Green, when they were on the lots of other sims.  I also got the errors when they were phoned by others.  When I finally got around to playing their house, they both had blank wants and fears in spite of the fact that Gabriel and Samantha Cordial had been ACRing it up in everyone's living room.  (I would've thought that would generate some wants . . .)  The errors seem to have stopped after playing them for a season--but they've only shown up once on another lot since then.  Wants did eventually generate, and they're normal and appropriate.  I know Chastity is a problem sim as shipped.

The Baldwin toddler (Marcus?) also has blank wants and fears, but I haven't gotten any errors out of him.
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2011 June 14, 16:18:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tarlia, in regards to your E001 base hood of Belladonna, I got a whole bunch of errors of missing neighbor for data access out of Chastity Gere and Gabriel Green, when they were on the lots of other sims.  I also got the errors when they were phoned by others.  When I finally got around to playing their house, they both had blank wants and fears in spite of the fact that Gabriel and Samantha Cordial had been ACRing it up in everyone's living room.  (I would've thought that would generate some wants . . .)  The errors seem to have stopped after playing them for a season--but they've only shown up once on another lot since then.  Wants did eventually generate, and they're normal and appropriate.  I know Chastity is a problem sim as shipped.

The Baldwin toddler (Marcus?) also has blank wants and fears, but I haven't gotten any errors out of him.

Hm, I haven't experienced these errors myself, and haven't heard any other reports. I'll keep an eye out, though.
Leeoh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2011 June 14, 20:41:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that Downtowns are special.  Only the first Downtown installed will have sims.  Additional Downtowns will be unpopulated.

Ah, that would be the problem then. Cheers! I'll see if I can figure out how to import them or download them separately from somewhere.
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2011 June 15, 02:58:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tarlia, did you try converting Belladonna Cove to a suburb, rather than a downtown?  If so, did you run into any special problems with OFB that didn't occur with Nightlife?

Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2011 June 15, 05:13:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tarlia, did you try converting Belladonna Cove to a suburb, rather than a downtown?  If so, did you run into any special problems with OFB that didn't occur with Nightlife?

No, I just figured Belladonna Cove makes more sense as a Downtown, because it's larger and has a city feel to it.

I actually missed Leeoh's and your posts, I must've been tired last night. I had no idea multiple downtowns would cause this problem. The early megahoods were made with downtowns, but of course, those were done the "hacky" way, so that's different. EAxis logic isn't easy to wrap your head around. Why would they... oh, who knows.

I can just make a suburb version instead.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: