More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 05, 01:19:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6515 Members
Latest Member: mirol
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Censorship again!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Censorship again!  (Read 8063 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Censorship again!
« on: 2005 July 28, 23:39:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://forum.simfreaks.com/index.php?showtopic=4144&st=0&#entry39021

Thought if you hadn't seen this, it might interest you.

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Censorship again!
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 28, 23:44:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, this doesn't interest me at all. I'm sick and tired of hearing about this lunatic.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 28, 23:49:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I just thought some people might not have done!

Zephyr Zodiac
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 29, 00:00:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Zephy. I read it. Now, I am just more sinical about the world.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 29, 00:16:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree.  Personally, I think the good things about The sims so outweigh any possible detrimental effect on teenagers that the game should be required sex education in school!  After all, teenagers (or adults) in RL can woohoo with anyone they've just met for the first time the same evening, sims have to be very close friends first! 

And unless you've downloaded a modified skin, what exactly do the sims have to show that's shocking anyway?  Barbie and the rest have more realistic bodyparts!

Zephyr Zodiac
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 July 29, 12:58:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm with JM on this one. It'll blow over. Until the final verdict or whatever is reached, what's the point of kicking up a fuss? I see no point.

A proud thread pirate.
HRH Posie
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2005 July 29, 13:03:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm with JM on this one. It'll blow over. Until the final verdict or whatever is reached, what's the point of kicking up a fuss? I see no point.

This is very true however if you are still interested in the issue read this thread.  There are some links in there that you'll probably find useful.  Personally I don't care either way.  The only advantage for an M rating would be that immature children wouldn't be playing the game and posting to the BBS which *may* increase the BBS's credibility.

"Does nothing work outside of London? Hmm? Apparently not." Natasha Glenville, Bridget Jones
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 July 29, 13:17:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only advantage for an M rating would be that immature children wouldn't be playing the game and posting to the BBS which *may* increase the BBS's credibility.

Now *there's* a good point! It won't keep the current brats off the BBS but it should help with new ones showing up. And I just went and checked the age range for teen, it's 13 and up. 13 is probably a little young to be initiating sex, I am thinking. An M rating (17 and up)  is probably more appropriate anyway.

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2005 July 29, 13:35:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if they disable the censor blur remover (or whatever) I would have a great deal of difficulty playing the game and probably wouldn't play it very often at all.  I found those squares extremely irritating and far too much 'in your face'.  And as for blurring a baby's nappy - what the hell is that all about?  ARE there people in this world who get off on seeing a baby's nappy?  Maybe there are, but somehow I don't think they'd be buying this game to satisfy their perversions.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 July 29, 14:18:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And as for blurring a baby's nappy - what the hell is that all about?  ARE there people in this world who get off on seeing a baby's nappy?  Maybe there are, but somehow I don't think they'd be buying this game to satisfy their perversions.
Probably not. I always thought it was blurred to preserve your lunch. Who wants to see a baby's poo-covered nappy? But I wouldn't worry about the censor blur remover. The code itself may be disabled, but that will not really matter.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2005 July 29, 16:57:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably not. I always thought it was blurred to preserve your lunch. Who wants to see a baby's poo-covered nappy? But I wouldn't worry about the censor blur remover. The code itself may be disabled, but that will not really matter.

How so? Do you mean even if the cheat to remove the blur stops working, modders will find another way to disable it? If they disable the whole coding relating to the blur, how can that be gotten around?

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 July 29, 16:58:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For security reasons, that information is classified.

JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2005 July 29, 17:49:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For security reasons, that information is classified.

*raises eyebrow* Tongue

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 July 29, 21:53:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In The Sims 1, you could download "patches" from game sites for your sims.exe file that would disable the blur.  I don't know if a cheat existed in Sims1, but these patches also would work as a "No CD" patch so you didn't have to have the game CD in your drive to play it.  The disadvantage of this was if Maxis decided to release an official patch, you'd have to restore your original exe (assuming you were smart and backed it up before replacing it), then you'd have to find an updated fixed exe.  The cheat is much easier to use because it doesn't require modifying the core game and you don't have to worry about updates screwing it up.  You can put it in your cheats startup file and forget it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: