More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:02:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 67 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread  (Read 1475012 times)
femsuii
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #1550 on: 2015 November 04, 10:09:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're using the launcher that comes with the game, aren't you?

Me? No. I have the reloaded version and use the .exe from the bin directory.
Cyron
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1551 on: 2015 November 19, 13:02:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am using the latest build of awesomemod from 10.02. and I always get this NullreferenceException right after spraying the neighborhood with dew (to create an eutopian future):
System.NullReferenceException: GlobalFunctions.CreateObject: Object was created but unable to get proxy.  Possibly the medator instance is specifiying a script that does not exist.  Resource key for created object was 319e4f1d:00000000:00000000000008fe, guid was 0x0000000000000000

#0: 0x001a1 throw      in Awesome.Awesome.Motivator:Update (Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.Autonomy) ([8D17B700] )
#1: 0x00003 ret.void   in Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.Autonomy:Update () ()
#2: 0x00294 ldthis     in Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.SimUpdate:Simulate () ()
#3: 0x00027 leave.s    in ScriptCore.ScriptCore.ScriptProxy:Simulate () ()

Greetings,
Cyron
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: 2015 November 19, 14:13:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This error would seem to indicate that you broke something which wasn't supposed to break, since it's a re-throw from an EAxian function that takes no arguments to break.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
spontaneite
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: 2015 November 25, 20:19:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to assume that the non-critical core mismatch messages and the terrible terrible bugging I've had are due to the fact that I have version 1.69, while Awesomemod only seems to be up to 1.67 in terms of compatibility. Any idea of when the next version will be out? Reverting to 1.67 is unfortunately not on option; I only have the game on Origin and it refuses to install anything other than the sparkling new version.
upsidedowntubesteak
Asinine Airhead

Search is your friend.

View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: 2015 November 25, 21:22:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You and I are fuck out of luck. Origin did this and the denizens of this site don't use it, ever. So no update and no more awesome for us.

My first impulse is to respond. I will try not to re-tard.
spontaneite
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: 2015 November 25, 22:00:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was under the impression that Awesomemod gets updated for new versions. Was I wrong, or would a hypothetically updated Awesomemod simply not solve the issues because Origin sucks?
There's also the fact that removing awesomemod from my computer seems to cause Sims 3 to completely fail at the starting up thing. I suspect a reinstall may be in order.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: 2015 November 26, 01:41:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have not seen or heard of this patch. If someone has a link to either the patch, or notes to said patch, I'll take a look. Otherwise, I'd suggest you just hit ignore and see what happens. Although if your game explodes unmodded, that's certainly not a good sign.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
spontaneite
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: 2015 November 26, 15:15:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Version tag file says this:
[Version]
LatestBase = 1.69.36.024017
Same thing appears on the bottom of my launcher.
Searching google for 'Sims 3 1.69' seems to return results consistent with this update having occurred on the twelfth of this month, so perhaps the game updates page hasn't been updated with it yet.

I was originally using the 'hit ignore' approach, but I was experiencing some pretty severe and relatively consistent bugs which led me to believe that this was a bad idea. Game explosion without Awesomemod seems to have been fixed by uninstalling base game and reinstalling. Still, I'd really rather play with Awesomemod if possible.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: 2015 November 27, 08:16:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, what bugs were you allegedly encountering? "Pretty severe" is not a useful description, especially given already-existing problems with your install.

spontaneite
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: 2015 November 27, 09:52:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same issue as that guy earlier. Time issues at first, with the clock frozen on Sunday morning, and time based events like going to work failing to occur. I attempted to quit and reload to see if that would help, but instead when I loaded the save, both my sims were missing from the family portrait, leaving behind motionless versions of themselves which could not be interacted with in any way. The sim who had been sleeping was there in the bed, motionless, while the Zs animated above her. When I went to Edit Town, the household was marked as unoccupied. Attempting to play a new household resulted in the same issue the next time I loaded up the game. I did try creating a new household and save-quitting as soon as they moved in, but when I loaded that one up there weren't any issues, so it seemed to be something that went wrong over the course of a couple of hours. I should note that the time issue seemed to be fixed by reloading so it's likely a separate problem to the sim disappearance. Reset all sims cheat didn't do anything. I didn't try anything other than that.
BaronElectricPhase
Blathering Buffoon

Caution: May contain Nuts

View Profile
« Reply #1560 on: 2015 November 27, 12:04:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would highly recommend NOT updating to 1.69, as it appears to FORCE Origin on The Sims 3!

My friend did so, as has been having an absolute ShitFit ever since doing so...
Not only was she forced to log into Origin (which she now detests)
because they also have rudely forgotten than she did indeed buy the game and all EPs and SPs.

I am making a "Recovery Package" for her now.
RUSH NOW to download the multi-mega-patch BEFORE that reflects the new update.
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: 2015 November 27, 13:15:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I can see people who don't use Origin won't even receive this update and neither do those on Macs. And it does tie your game to the Origin client. With this update you cannot bypass the Launcher anymore and Origin will have to run in the background and be logged in.
boysim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: 2015 November 27, 23:05:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You and I are fuck out of luck. Origin did this and the denizens of this site don't use it, ever. So no update and no more awesome for us.

You were very stupid. Sims 3 is already badly optimized and broken, add origin to the equation and you have a nonfunctional game.
You can just arr... no? Isn't like you already have a game key anyway...
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: 2015 November 28, 16:39:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Based on the information in the link supplied in the request thread, it doesn't say anything about fixing, or modifying anything in the actual game, just about adding another next to useless feature to the nasty launcher and suckering more people to Origin (that doesn't mean that EAxis haven't screwed with other shit on the quiet).  I don't know if by simply changing the actual version number would also cause more mods to malfunction, or just mods like AM that rely on the version numbers to match.  But it might explain some of the other borkiness being seen.  Unless you insist that AM is the only mod you use.

I was under the impression that Awesomemod gets updated for new versions. Was I wrong, or would a hypothetically updated Awesomemod simply not solve the issues because Origin sucks?

It does if there is a proper patch release.  As this so-called patch is specific to Origin and no one else, I would surmise that it is very unlikely that AM will be updated for this so-called patch.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
spontaneite
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: 2015 November 29, 12:01:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah well, that's life. I've done a bit of further research, and the bug I'm experiencing is a somewhat well known one, but the main cause of it is WA, which I don't have. Maybe it's mod interaction or maybe it's possible that the version mismatch might have caused some borkiness. Maybe I'll attempt Awesome again at some future date after I get to know my modlist and its quirks a bit better. At any rate, cheers, and good luck to anyone else who has been hit with the bludgeon of Origin.
TomSawyer
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: 2015 December 03, 18:42:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hello,

hello greetings from the netherlands

i have a problem,

my sim-son was a teen when his girlfriend becomes youngadult (i did not know anything about the pedotraits at this time)

i have made the teen to a young adult to with nraas but the didtn lose the pedobear icon .... the girlfried has handcuffs? ( the symbol is so small.. stupid monitor)

how can i fix this? i dont want to lose the family because hes the only male hair and his mother is a old and i dont wont to lose the family (the family  is many years old an at the 16th generation)

ive tried wohoover before to fix this before i made the teen boy to a man
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: 2015 December 03, 23:49:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sadly, for this young man's future, this is not a bug but a feature.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: 2015 December 04, 07:39:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i have made the teen to a young adult to with nraas but the didtn lose the pedobear icon .... the girlfried has handcuffs? ( the symbol is so small.. stupid monitor)

how can i fix this? i dont want to lose the family because hes the only male hair and his mother is a old and i dont wont to lose the family (the family  is many years old an at the 16th generation)

ive tried wohoover before to fix this before i made the teen boy to a man
This is normal. Once everything is an adult, the handcuffs warning will go away.

Starler
Senator

Fun for the whole fambly.

View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: 2015 December 04, 17:08:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't worry about the male hair, there is DLC to fix it.

Keeping this here for when Titlights forgets that it doesn't have anything better to do than hang out at MATY.
TomSawyer
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: 2015 December 07, 11:11:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh okay thanks... heir, not hair sorry ^^'''

he is the only heir of the sim dynasty (is this the correct word? ) ... after a re-install of awesomemod, the pedobear icone was gone from the yng adult
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1570 on: 2015 December 09, 14:41:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having a small problem with AM version dated 2nd October 2015. Completely unable to find the Supreme Commander menu on a sim (have tried shift + click as well as ctrl + click). I realise that this could potentially be a user-end problem as I've had to do this as my laptop was stolen & in the time between then & now I've forgotten most of what I needed to do so have been relying on manuals.

Anyway, so I've got the framework set up as per the new method. I have awesomemod & the config file in mods/packages/awesomemod which is how I remember doing it before. I'm (as far as I know) not having any issues with other mods and nothing is showing up as a conflict (although frankly that means squat if I'm remembering correctly)

So is SC awol for anyone else, or have I potentially missed something important - and if so, what's most likely? I've gone through the manual thoroughly and I don't think I've missed anything important.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: 2015 December 10, 13:49:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you try CRTL-Shift-Click? I forget which one, but it was one of those. Showconfig will show you if it's even properly installed at all. If showconfig doesn't work, it ain't there.

floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1572 on: 2015 December 10, 14:02:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried ctrl +click, shift + click and ctrl + shift + click. I also tried downloading a new version for the config file to see if I futzed anything, but that didn't help either.

Not sure why it's not working for me. I'm certain that I followed these instructions properly, as everything else in there seems to be working just fine.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: 2015 December 11, 02:20:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it was CRTL-ALT? I forget. I can never remember. I'm OLD! I'm OLD and I HAVE A LONG BEARD. Just push all the buttons until it works.

Starler
Senator

Fun for the whole fambly.

View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: 2015 December 11, 02:46:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you verified that AM is working in general? Does the config come up when you're in the game?

Keeping this here for when Titlights forgets that it doesn't have anything better to do than hang out at MATY.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: