More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 04:41:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 67 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread  (Read 1475090 times)
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #1500 on: 2015 January 03, 22:17:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since the clothing issue with toddlers and children was fixed, I have noticed that the same thing happening with hairstyles.  That is the male and female hairs show up together, but only the appropriate gender hairs are actually selectable.  As there are less hairstyles than clothing, it really isn't that bothersome at the moment, but maybe something to check at some point.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: 2015 January 08, 11:41:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Outerwear thing should be resolved. Buy mode and CAS are totally related things, so I doubt that very much.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: 2015 January 23, 19:53:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed the "bloated Buy Mode" issue too, although CAS looks normal. (I use MasterController's compact mode for CAS, so maybe it's hiding the extras?) Swing sets show up as multiple parts in the catalog, though they appear to place normally no matter which piece you select.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1503 on: 2015 January 23, 21:51:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Confirming the buy mode bloat. I've noticed it in the counters section where every counter type has a corner version showing up as an option. It's certainly interesting from a 'now I know what's it's going to look like when it goes into corner mode' point of view, but ultimately useless since when you select it, it's just a normal counter, not ready-corner-moded.

Anyway, it's doubling the size of the counters section unnecessarily.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Iolanthe
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: 2015 January 24, 15:17:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded the latest version, but the outerwear issue still seems to be happening, along with the CAS and buy mode bloat.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: 2015 January 24, 15:21:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it has already happened, it won't be retroactively undone. New outfits generated should refilter, though. Catalog bloat currently a mystery, since I am not sure why it is happening, since, as far as I know, I haven't changed anything there.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Janyses
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: 2015 February 13, 02:14:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having two problems with Awesomemod that I just can't sort out.

1. I cannot get a genie to spawn with it installed. The interaction will just quietly disappear each time I tell them to rub the lamp. If I add Twallan's ErrorTrap, the sim is reset and it generates the following:  "System.NullReferenceException: A null value was found where an object instance was required" and "#0: 0x00004 callvirt   in Awesome.Helpers.Awesome.Helpers.Genetics:MakeCoherent." I tested this in a new game, deleted caches and removed all other mods to make sure there were no conflicts.

2. No coworkers are generated for my sim's career, even when I choose the "Meet Coworkers" option. The tone automatically switches back to "Business as Usual" after a few seconds.

I mainly use Awesome for novanillapudding. Most of the other options are disabled, including story progression.
« Last Edit: 2015 February 13, 02:38:53 by Janyses » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: 2015 February 13, 03:33:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably related. Should be fixed. If you continue to get no coworkers after this, it's because there simply aren't any for some reason: The career could be underpopulated and you've hit a population cap somewhere.

tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: 2015 February 14, 22:10:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There seems to be a duplicating of the Uni backpack item in buy mode too. 15 of them appear side by side.
Janyses
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: 2015 February 26, 10:08:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought I'd read somewhere that the shower in a can has a small chance of making a sim pee? It happens every single time in my game, making the can useless. Is there a way to reduce this feature or disable it altogether?
Iolanthe
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: 2015 February 27, 14:14:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought I'd read somewhere that the shower in a can has a small chance of making a sim pee? It happens every single time in my game, making the can useless. Is there a way to reduce this feature or disable it altogether?

The last time I played WA was ages ago (at least a year), and I didn't have this issue - however, I played a bit yesterday and experienced it. Perhaps it was the latest patch.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: 2015 February 27, 21:03:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hang on, let me check this. I think I may have miswired a function when I refactored some code. That should fix it.
« Last Edit: 2015 February 27, 21:08:40 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

FelineInsomnia
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: 2015 March 01, 17:55:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any plans or is it even possible to fix the bloat issue in buy/build and CAS? I'm having the exact same problem with them as others who have posted about it. It is installed correctly, the only issue I have is with the bloat, and it disappears if I remove the mod. It wouldn't be a problem if the bloat didn't severely lag my computer, even with taking out every other mod and just leaving Awesomemod in, it is very slow. Take awesomemod out, and it's back to normal loading time (especially with CAS), continue to leave awesomemod out, put all other packages back in, only slight lag, but nothing compared to how awesomemod causes the game to lag. It makes the game unplayable either way because I hate the how the game handles story progression without this mod.

Before this bloat issue cropped up, I had no lag issues with Awesomemod.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: 2015 March 01, 18:54:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if I find out what triggers it, it will be fixed. I can't, however, see how it would cause that much lag, since only a few objects are being replicated, and CAS has ALWAYS been kinda laggy, and I'm not seeing anything unusual in CAS.

However, I'm not sure WHY it does that at the moment. The search continues, however.

KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: 2015 March 05, 16:43:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AwesomeMod Build: 12/15/2014 10:09:42

This is what BuyMode looks like for counters:

I circled in red those entries that belong to the same counter.

Removing AM and starting the game vanilla has the counters go back to normal.

Edit: Forgot to add that the last build of AM that I have that doesn't do this is 10/20/2014 11:40:55

This. Good to know I'm not the only one with this problem. I never expected it to be an AM thing, so I started dissecting my game to isolate the problem. After not finding anything, I did a complete wipe and reinstall of my game. Tested vanilla base game, All was well. Threw in the latest version of AM  and all counters, sectionals and even swing sets were borked again.  Yes the game is still playable, but it's a pain trying to figure out custom recolors on multiple thumbnails.   Not to mention that catalog is a pain to load even without extra thumbnails.

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. ~Ayn Rand
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1515 on: 2015 April 16, 19:36:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone got a version from before the buy mode bloat glitch? I don't mind going back to an old version if it undoes this confusion.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: 2015 April 18, 01:40:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd be curious about that also, if someone has such a version I can run a comparison to see what happened.

vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: 2015 April 18, 08:56:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd be curious about that also, if someone has such a version I can run a comparison to see what happened.
There you are: http://we.tl/jYFEIWJl0M (The link will expire after seven days)
It's the last version that I have that doesn't bloat BuyMode.
Starler
Senator

Fun for the whole fambly.

View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: 2015 April 19, 01:43:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In case that one doesn't work, or you need another sample, I've got one dated May 8th 2014 from the last time the updater worked. I'm pretty sure that one was from before the buy-mode bloat.

Keeping this here for when Titlights forgets that it doesn't have anything better to do than hang out at MATY.
Janyses
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: 2015 June 11, 01:26:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having trouble placing evicted families with Awesome installed. Once evicted, I cannot place them in the original home or any other home for that matter. The "Purchase" screen never appears. The family icon just remains stuck to the pointer.

If I attempt a split, the evictees simply disappear instead of appearing on the clipboard and the remaining members still cannot be placed anywhere.
Someone reported this at Nraas, thinking it was related to traveler: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/share/view/73888954
They also reported the inability to switch to certain households. I normally use a different mod for switching and it works, so I can't confirm that symptom.
« Last Edit: 2015 June 11, 01:33:03 by Janyses » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: 2015 June 11, 04:18:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this specific to one specific family, or does it affect all of them? I haven't seen this before while moving famblies around. Is it possible that your specific ones are corrupted?

Janyses
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: 2015 June 11, 04:36:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I tried a few different families/lots in my main save and it affected all of them. So I started a new game and tried again with an EA household and it still wouldn't work. I couldn't place any households until I removed Awesome. I suppose it could be a conflict with another mod. I'll test further when I get time.

ETA: Just to clarify, I can move families in for the first time just fine. The problem only occurs when I try to evict or split the household.

Well, I didn't realize that Awesome had another update and am no longer having this issue with the newest version. The version I had was from February.
« Last Edit: 2015 June 11, 05:44:50 by Janyses » Logged
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: 2015 June 11, 06:50:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't ever evict robots, it removes their trait chips.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: 2015 June 21, 02:58:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the most recent version of AM my Sims cannot look for professions anymore, neither on a computer nor in the newspaper. They can still look for regular rabbithole jobs but when they try to find a profession they turn on the computer, type a few seconds and then turn it off again or open the newspaper and then close it again.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: 2015 June 22, 02:36:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AM update.

Try now, Vorpal. The functions work correctly in a fresh hood with AM as the only mod.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: