More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:05:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 67 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread  (Read 1474964 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #1450 on: 2014 September 15, 01:52:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The robots also approach sims to chat and waste their time even when they have no sentience, or any kind of social chip, and their social & happiness need bars are still padlocked. Plus AM storymode is still matching random robots with sims, only two of my bots have Capacity to Love and they are a couple.

There is still some sort of issue with robots trying to power up every time they are sent collecting. Unless I start them on the other side of town, they come back to recharge between every collect. They no longer try to use the fixer upper car though, cheers.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: 2014 September 27, 01:32:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Noticed a new version of AM is up, just need to check the RTFM and get some game time to see if I can find what it has changed.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: 2014 September 29, 03:00:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't actually change anything, I just cleaned up some stuff and synchronized some files.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: 2014 October 13, 08:46:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just in case there is still bug fixing going on I want to remind of the problem that both the future and the university world suffer from mass deletion of the local population when a Sim arrives there and with AwesomeMod installed.
Initial report is here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,18136.msg599467.html#msg599467
Last report with future world added: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,18136.msg603936.html#msg603936
First detailed test results are here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,18136.msg599467.html#msg599467
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: 2014 October 14, 14:55:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Vorpal: Make sure AM story progression is enabled even if you have story progression (game config) disabled. There will be no story progression unless you have both enabled.
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: 2014 October 14, 17:47:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Vorpal: Make sure AM story progression is enabled even if you have story progression (game config) disabled. There will be no story progression unless you have both enabled.
Unfortunately, this has nothing to do with Story Progression. I tried it with and without and the effect is always the same. My guess is that it has more to do with the moving around of roommates in University Life and the need to house descendants in the future world. AM messes up there and deletes the Sims instead.
Last time I test travelled to the future the world lost 75 Sims, both residents and homeless.
This is with an AM config of UseAwesomeStoryDriver set to True but story mode disabled in the game options.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: 2014 October 14, 17:57:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last time I test travelled to the future the world lost 75 Sims, both residents and homeless.
This is with an AM config of UseAwesomeStoryDriver set to True but story mode disabled in the game options.

This configuration means no story progression, wouldn't you need story progression to enable to game to spawn the needed sims?  I don't bother checking the homeless list, etc. but haven't really noticed the issues you are seeing with families and sims that were previously there disappearing.  If I take along time between visits, resulting in massive changes in the home world, I expect the future world to be different as it recreates descendants and other characters based on the current state of the present.  But there always seems to be plenty of sims in the future when I visit.

Vacation worlds are a different matter as the game wasn't designed to create families and family progression.  As a result they age and die and eventually no one is left other than what the game spawns to staff registers or respond to adventures.  I now use Nrass traveler to freeze the age in the vacation worlds to combat that problem.  The previously mentioned method of resetting the vacation worlds makes a mess of the future world, so I switched to the age freeze to make life easier.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: 2014 October 15, 00:00:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Vorpal, I have AM storymode set to yes, and game storymode set to yes. When I go to Uni or the future the world is always populated with the normal sims. i.e the same aging lot of university sims and a random lot of future sims. Dunno about the vacation worlds, they're too buggy for me and I don't use them.

vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: 2014 October 15, 00:05:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The story progression remark was in response to the previous post and, no, you don't need story progression in order to have a fully functioning future town the first time you visit.

Without AM when you travel to the future all non-ownable lots are occupied by resident pre-made families except for one familiy of descendants. This replaces a pre-made resident family and that pre-made family in return is rendered homeless. There are also something like 100 homeless Sims (human and robots) that take turns to either fill roles, serve as coworkers or populate the base camp. (I haven't checked whether they also qualify for random move-ins after a while, because by then AM will have eliminated almost all of them and I always play without Story Progression.)
With AM, however, some random numbers of pre-made residents are either killed or simply deleted and compressed to Minisims and the same happens to the homeless. You will notice this either by checking the population with MasterController or by simply going into Edit Town and see whether there are empty regular lots (not the ones tagged ownable). And this shouldn't be. There are no empty regular lots without AM and when you check the population with MasterController in an AM-free game you will see that there are no local MiniSims and only some 5 pre-made dead Sims. Most noticeable is the case of the pre-mades that make room for the descendants. Instead of joining the homeless they disappear completely when AM is installed.

Since the time when I reported this for the first time for the University world I have tested this in various ways and whenever a new version of AM came out and the issue has persisted for more than a year now.
I don't know whether this causes a problem for the future world after several generations because I don't travel there that often and haven't really played around with changing the future, but it does cause problems in the Uni world because after a while there are no Sims left to fill all the positions and every new term shuffles the existing Sims around and risks getting more of them deleted by the mod. The game tries to compensate by generating random Sims but it fails to spawn enough and in addition these are not really qualified for the student roles because they lack all the social group ranks. The remaining pre-mades then take several positions at once. I once had a roommate who was both the mascot, the professor and a supposed barworker. Needless to say that this Sim ended up being stuck at the dorm doing the Mascot dance ad infinitum and having the Barista Bartender tag floating over his head.

Check here the population of the future world: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Oasis_Landing
None of the families listed there should be missing when you travel there first and none of the homeless. They are all and always present when you travel without AM. With AM some random Sims (usually about half of them and usually whole families) are missing and each further trip there has a chance of deleting some more.

Edit: The vacation worlds are not affected by this because they work in a different way. The Uni and the Future world have some moving around of the locals before the world is fully loaded. In the vacation worlds the residents are set. I have never seen them move around and change houses in all those years.
« Last Edit: 2014 October 15, 00:17:29 by vorpal » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: 2014 October 15, 01:23:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With AM, however, some random numbers of pre-made residents are either killed or simply deleted and compressed to Minisims and the same happens to the homeless. You will notice this either by checking the population with MasterController or by simply going into Edit Town and see whether there are empty regular lots (not the ones tagged ownable). And this shouldn't be. There are no empty regular lots without AM and when you check the population with MasterController in an AM-free game you will see that there are no local MiniSims and only some 5 pre-made dead Sims. Most noticeable is the case of the pre-mades that make room for the descendants. Instead of joining the homeless they disappear completely when AM is installed.
Hmm, that's quite strange, since I haven't really done anything with future-stuff at all, and have nothing which deletes sims. I will investigate.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: 2014 October 15, 01:36:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately, this has nothing to do with Story Progression. I tried it with and without and the effect is always the same. My guess is that it has more to do with the moving around of roommates in University Life and the need to house descendants in the future world. AM messes up there and deletes the Sims instead.

Gotcha. I had both disabled and it caused all kinds of random weirdness until I turned it back on in AM and started a fresh hood.

Running without issues at this point as far as I can tell. I'm not missing Oasis Landing or Uni residents. All of my vacation hoods are fine, too.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: 2014 October 15, 02:32:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will investigate.

Would you please have a good look at robot behaviour while you're poking around in future code?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: 2014 October 15, 06:36:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if you set Story Mode in-game to off, then Nothing Happens, period. The first toggle selects WHICH driver you want to use, the in-game option is for turning story progression on and off, period. I am not sure why this would result in a peculiar interaction in general, given that no story progression would be occurring, though...

vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: 2014 October 15, 09:04:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if you set Story Mode in-game to off, then Nothing Happens, period. The first toggle selects WHICH driver you want to use, the in-game option is for turning story progression on and off, period. I am not sure why this would result in a peculiar interaction in general, given that no story progression would be occurring, though...
Yes, I know. The issue has nothing to do with story mode, I'm pretty sure of that. I tried in the past with and without it toggled on and the results were the same and I tried it with and without my config file, so it's nothing in there either.
It happens during the transitioning process between worlds and as it happens in both the Uni and the future world my guess is that it is caused by how these wolrds initialise during transition. When I travel there without AM and add it back after I've arrived everything is as it should be and nothing like that happens during my stay. My conclusion is that AM conflicts with the way how these worlds initialise: in both worlds the final setup of residents is not fully predetermined until you actually travel there.

-1- In the Uni world the inmates of the dormitories and fraternity and sorority buldings are not really residents before the world has materialised (noticeable when you enter that world in Edit Town before any Sim has been sent there). They become permanent only after travelling there for the first time. It is only during this transition that the game will determine which Sim will stay in dormitories and which ones will make space for your active Sim(s) and become homeless instead. Other roommates are also replaced by former homeless. Once initialised the population will remain stable for the whole term. When you go for a second term or start a new course the rerolling of roommates, fellow students and professors will start anew and with AM this will cause another wave of Sim deletions.
The actual permanent residents in the Uni world are not affected because the game doesn't move them around during transition.

-2- In the future world residents have to make room for the travelling Sim's/Sims' descendants. If you play multiple but unrelated Sims in a household then it is one descendant family per Sim. The families that vacate their house for the descendant families are always deleted when AM is installed instead of rendering them homeless. But as other residents are subject to possible deletion, too, my guess is that during the transition the game is undecided yet where to place the descendants and moves residents in and out before settling down for the final situation. But instead or readding some of the residents they get lost when AM is installed.
In the case of the deleted homeless my guess is that this is caused by the way the base camp is set-up. In the World Adventures base camps the explorers there are either generic fresh Sims or residents from the other two worlds if you've visited them before already. The base camp in the future world is populated by Sims from the homeless pool instead but it takes a while for the final group to form. In the first hours and days some move out again and others join instead. Every further trip to the future world is likely to cause a rearrangement of the base camp dwellers and when I played the future world for the first time I noticed that the more I travelled there the more the base campers got replaced with generic Sims with mismatched clothes and green hair and the usual features you get when AM is set to randomise their genetics. When I travelled there multiple times without AM the base campers have always been from those groups of Sim that are listed as pre-made homeless at the wiki site.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: 2014 October 15, 16:52:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure if this is some kind of bug or not, but while playing last night, my plumbot had a birthday and aged to elder and promptly had his body disappear, all that was visible was a grey haired wig, really weird, I would have expected an older plumbot to simply breakdown and be unrepairable.  I turned the debug interactions on and was able to click on the wig and select a death option to get rid of him.  Is this normal behaviour or is/was something screwed up?

Nec
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: 2014 October 15, 23:16:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure if this is some kind of bug or not, but while playing last night, my plumbot had a birthday and aged to elder and promptly had his body disappear, all that was visible was a grey haired wig, really weird, I would have expected an older plumbot to simply breakdown and be unrepairable.  I turned the debug interactions on and was able to click on the wig and select a death option to get rid of him.  Is this normal behaviour or is/was something screwed up?

Plumbots don't age, but apparently there is a glitch that causes it to happen sometimes. It is an EAxian bug. Google pulled up a number of such incidents.
missy monster
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: 2014 December 06, 07:16:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's my first time, be gentle... *eyelash flutter*

I'm having issues installing AM. This is all the relevant info I can think of:

- Patched to 21.0
- Latest version of AM (fresh today!)
- No other mods.
- Windows 8.1
- Pirated and cracked, all stuff except Katy Perry's diabetus, all EP's.
- All pirated store contents from rachelstoolbox (installed correctly and working)
- My game runs fine without AM, no problems at all
- Loads fine, framework stopping intros, no build sparkles, so that seems fine.
- When I add AM it loads fine, then I get the "WARNING: Non-critical core mismatch...blahblahblah"
- If I select 'Ignore' it continues to main menu but it doesn't look right (profile log in windows down the bottom that I never use are stretched and distorted)
- I cannot click any buttons and the only way to exit is to alt f4, which calls up the quit box which seems to work normally.

I've been lurking on this issue both here and on MTS (mostly here) for three days on and off. I cannot work out what I've done wrong, but would greatly appreciate any help in hunting down the problem. More than happy to provide additional information, screencaps, you name it. Fuck, I'll throw in my soul and my first born child at this stage.
*grovels*
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: 2014 December 06, 07:36:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's my first time, be gentle... *eyelash flutter*

I'm having issues installing AM. This is all the relevant info I can think of:

- Patched to 21.0
- Latest version of AM (fresh today!)
- No other mods.
- Windows 8.1
- Pirated and cracked, all stuff except Katy Perry's diabetus, all EP's.
- All pirated store contents from rachelstoolbox (installed correctly and working)
- My game runs fine without AM, no problems at all
- Loads fine, framework stopping intros, no build sparkles, so that seems fine.
- When I add AM it loads fine, then I get the "WARNING: Non-critical core mismatch...blahblahblah"
- If I select 'Ignore' it continues to main menu but it doesn't look right (profile log in windows down the bottom that I never use are stretched and distorted)
- I cannot click any buttons and the only way to exit is to alt f4, which calls up the quit box which seems to work normally.

I've been lurking on this issue both here and on MTS (mostly here) for three days on and off. I cannot work out what I've done wrong, but would greatly appreciate any help in hunting down the problem. More than happy to provide additional information, screencaps, you name it. Fuck, I'll throw in my soul and my first born child at this stage.
*grovels*

Answered your own question there didn't you? AM wouldn't say this unless it was true.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
missy monster
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: 2014 December 06, 08:12:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Answered your own question there didn't you? AM wouldn't say this unless it was true.

I know, but there's nothing for it to be mismatched against. That is what's frustrating me. From what I've gathered lurking this usually comes up with the interference of other core mods (which I don't have, no, not even nrass) or a version issue (failure to patch or get the latest AM).

Could it be interacting with a crack? I've tried to removing the crack to the best of my ability, but this just ends in my system not even loading sims and eternally trying to launch nothing/sims 3 at the same time.

As I said, everything was working just fine until I tried to use AM.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: 2014 December 06, 08:18:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The non-critical core warning indicates that you have an altered SimIFace that doesn't match. Since there aren't a whole lot of mods out there that alter this file, the primary cause of a mismatch is not using the correct patch version that goes with the version of AwesomeMod. This is flagged as "non-critical" in case you DID alter SimIFace, because that doesn't actually cause a problem, but may indicate a patch mismatch.

Since you're experiencing malfunctions as well, you probably did not patch the game. Current supported patch is 1.67. Not a clue what 21.0 is.

missy monster
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: 2014 December 06, 08:36:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Game Version turns out to be 1.63. I read the wrong thing, but fucked if I know what it was.
I'm obviously far too high on painkillers and insomnia to be trusted right now.
Patching now, will apparently take nearly two hours to download (rural internet).
I'm going to financially support the municipality now and consider it stupid tax. *hangs head in shame*
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: 2014 December 06, 11:19:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Game Version turns out to be 1.63. I read the wrong thing, but fucked if I know what it was.
I'm obviously far too high on painkillers and insomnia to be trusted right now.
Patching now, will apparently take nearly two hours to download (rural internet).
I'm going to financially support the municipality now and consider it stupid tax. *hangs head in shame*

Oh look, it was a "WARNING: Non-critical core mismatch...blahblahblah" who'd-a-thunk-it. Glad I could help.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: 2014 December 15, 22:26:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it intended that with the recent version of AwesomeMod (12/15/14) Buy Mode now shows all possible elements of counters (countertops, corner pieces etc.) as separate entries?
If so, then it doesn't work, each entry will yield a full, regular counter when placed.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: 2014 December 16, 02:02:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That isn't actually an AwesomeMod feature, far as I know. That seems to be something EAxis did.

vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: 2014 December 16, 11:55:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That isn't actually an AwesomeMod feature, far as I know. That seems to be something EAxis did.
When I take AM out, counters are back to normal though. The Dec 1 version does the same, my previous one from September doesn't.

Edit: Just updated to the one that is listed as Dec 16 but is dated 12/15/14 10:32 inside the zip. Counters multiply and I also noticed that sectional sofas are affected, too.
« Last Edit: 2014 December 16, 22:41:01 by vorpal » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: