More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:03:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 67 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread  (Read 1475004 times)
Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #1425 on: 2014 August 19, 16:28:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not what the OP had in mind but Sims still don't get the extra trait they are sposed to when they graduate.

YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: 2014 August 19, 18:49:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have not had the opportunity to test any university features. What was the issue there?

The Nraas' Traveler mod enables the ability to have university classes in the homeworld (if you have the right rabbit-holes). When sims are enrolled in such a university, they cannot be employed because the classes take over the career section (that's by design, though). But when you type "fixall" a Flagrant System Error appears.
It goes something like this:
"Awesome.Careers.Awesome.Careers.Jerb:AllowAsCoworker"
"Awesome.Careers.Awesome.Careers.Jerb:CheckCoworkers"
It also appears that sims end up with a random career outfit assigned to them, though that might be a hitch of Traveler's.
This is my first time working with a homeworld University, so this is all quite new to me, too.
« Last Edit: 2014 August 20, 01:51:16 by YoungOldPrude » Logged

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life—music and cats." ~Albert Schweitzer

"Happy people can be so cruel."
~ Claudia of Silent Hill 3.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: 2014 August 19, 20:54:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not what the OP had in mind but Sims still don't get the extra trait they are sposed to when they graduate.

They do if they are not Sacred.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: 2014 August 19, 23:06:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which is probably all mixed up with the fact that 'Sacred' shows up in the online dating profiles and somewhere else it shouldn't - can't remember where.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: 2014 August 20, 01:55:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that still happening? I thought I quashed that already.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: 2014 August 20, 01:58:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can use Fraps to take a screenshot of the error if it is wanted. If so, would I be allowed to attach the image to a post? I don't have a photo account anywhere.

Edit: As to the sacred trait showing up where it's not wanted, I can vouch for it still happening on 1.63, but I don't know about the upper patch levels.

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life—music and cats." ~Albert Schweitzer

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: 2014 August 20, 17:57:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is no 1.63 support, so that version is hella-old and unsupported.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: 2014 August 22, 02:16:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JMP: I don't expect you to whip up a fix for 1.63, I know very well that it's unsupported. What I am asking is if the issue persists in the lastest build. If fixall works fine with such universities in the latest build, then great. If it doesn't, or you are uncertain, then say so--I will test for it when I actually do update.

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: 2014 August 22, 12:34:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't understand why you're expecting the FOJ to entertain your snowflake-ism.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: 2014 August 23, 16:03:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jezzer: I stated very clearly in my initial post that I was building a home-world compatible university world in CAW on patch level 1.63. JMP still expressed an interest in knowing what exactly the issue was despite my unsupported patch level.
Searching about other forums, I gather that not too many people actually utilize the home-world university system--and finding a fellow AM user with that combination is proving difficult. All I can do at this point is ask the source. If the source doesn't know, then I am perfectly happy to become a test subject for the issue when I update to the latest patch.

rmaddzoo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: 2014 August 25, 15:41:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been using the automatic updater for a long time now.  I have been away from the game for the summer and now when I try to use the updater I get this error
 "ERROR: cannot verify dl.dropboxusercontent.com's certificate" 
How do I get the updater to work again?
Yes, I am a n00b and I have searched for an answer.  I am using windows (cough, cough) 8.

HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: 2014 August 25, 16:04:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is not an AM bug, moron. Don't use the automatic updater, learn to update it your own damn self. It's not hard.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: 2014 August 25, 20:03:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that still happening? I thought I quashed that already.

Yep, if sim is sacred they don't get their extra traits for either graduating uni or through the social groups.  I had a recent issue where I made my sim sacred AFTER they got their extra traits, and forgot to remove it when they reached said level within their second social group and the previously added social group trait disappeared.

rmaddzoo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: 2014 September 01, 01:55:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is not an AM bug, moron. Don't use the automatic updater, learn to update it your own damn self. It's not hard.

I do know how to do it manually thank you, I just thought that since Pes when through the trouble to make the auto updater I would use it. 
By the way, I am a Asinine Airhead not a moron, get with the program. 
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: 2014 September 01, 08:25:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do know how to do it manually thank you, I just thought that since Pes when through the trouble to make the auto updater I would use it. 
By the way, I am a Asinine Airhead not a moron, get with the program. 

You're a moronic asinine airhead - Pescado didn't make an automatic updater.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Nikel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1440 on: 2014 September 04, 13:07:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whenever any inactive gives birth, my game will freeze indefinitely and I have to force quit with Windows Task Manager. After narrowing down my mods folder, I found that having AwesomeMod installed (at least with Twallan's MasterController, NoCD, and nointro mods) caused this. Having these mods without AM will not freeze the game. My AwesomeMod version is for 1.67, updated on May 8, 2014.

Does anyone encounter this bug?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: 2014 September 05, 00:14:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is interesting. Do you have a save where this may happen imminently? And this ONLY affects inactives?

Nikel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: 2014 September 05, 05:38:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is interesting. Do you have a save where this may happen imminently? And this ONLY affects inactives?
I do, but it's in Evansdale County. If you still want the save file, I'd share it here. The current game time is around 2 AM and someone is going to give birth at around 5-6 AM. If you don't want it though, you could try Appaloosa Plains. At around 1 AM of the second day in a new game, Patricia Bedlington will give birth.

And yes, it only affects inactives. After having suffered the freeze, I wrote down the time it occurred, reloaded the save file, moved in the pregnant Sim to my household, and sent her to the hospital so she could safely give birth. The game will freeze again if I happen to miss any inactives that give birth.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: 2014 September 06, 04:37:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whenever any inactive gives birth, my game will freeze indefinitely and I have to force quit with Windows Task Manager. After narrowing down my mods folder, I found that having AwesomeMod installed (at least with Twallan's MasterController, NoCD, and nointro mods) caused this. Having these mods without AM will not freeze the game. My AwesomeMod version is for 1.67, updated on May 8, 2014.

I doubt it is an AM bug, as it isn't an issue for my game, and my inactives regularly have babies.  I use twallans MC and others, but not the nocd (as AM takes care of that) and the no intro.  Have you tried with AM and NOT the others?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: 2014 September 08, 03:22:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I consider the interference of the other listed mods to be extremely unlikely, as the only one of those I don't have is this Master Controller. Which neighborhood is this Evandale thing?

Nikel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: 2014 September 10, 03:35:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I doubt it is an AM bug, as it isn't an issue for my game, and my inactives regularly have babies.  I use twallans MC and others, but not the nocd (as AM takes care of that) and the no intro.  Have you tried with AM and NOT the others?
I needed Twallan's MC to check how the baby was going. I never removed these three other mods to check yet. But Twallan's MC without AM worked fine in my game. No freeze.

I consider the interference of the other listed mods to be extremely unlikely, as the only one of those I don't have is this Master Controller. Which neighborhood is this Evandale thing?
Evansdale County is a custom world here. I'll try to test it without MC the next time I run my game.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: 2014 September 11, 01:14:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I needed Twallan's MC to check how the baby was going. I never removed these three other mods to check yet. But Twallan's MC without AM worked fine in my game. No freeze.

Evansdale County is a custom world here. I'll try to test it without MC the next time I run my game.

I have used MC and AM for along time now without any conflict problem, I also use several other twallan mods, such as overwatch, traffic, shooless, just to name a few, and they all play nice with AM.  The only Twallan mod I am aware of that will cause problems is using woohooer to try and bypass the AM restriction on teen-adult woohoo, twallan even says it will crash the came.

Did you create a custom tuning file for MC or use the dafult settings?  maybe a setting you have in MC is causing a problem?  Just some brainstorming.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: 2014 September 11, 05:43:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There isn't a restriction on Teen/Adult woohoo, you'll just tagged a Pedophile for it, starting you down the path towards being a Registered Sex Offender.

floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1448 on: 2014 September 13, 11:44:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Still, it does crash the game for some reason.

But on to another bug. Awesome.package dated 8th May 2014 is no longer squashing the cyclic grounding punishment system. Grounded sims are once again being scolded for going to school or work whilst grounded. Currently working around it with resetsim when the adult is in scold mode, but seriously, you'd think that ea would have dug their brains out of their arses on this one already!

ETA: Icarus Allsorts on MTS has modded the punishment system to allow cancelling and user-directed punishments, so that's probably not so urgent. The crash on teen/adult romantic interactions (even with the pedo traits added to the sims in question) still exists, making it difficult to run a medieval-style game.
« Last Edit: 2014 September 14, 00:52:55 by floopyboo » Logged

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: 2014 September 15, 01:25:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure if you are still doing fixes or not, but I am having problems with the game and plumbots. 

The most annoying is when I click on a birthday cake and select a baby or toddler to blow out candles, the game decides to have the family plumbot take the baby/toddler to the cake, but if the plumbot doesn't have the nanny chip they can't/won't pick up the sprog to carry to the cake so the whole thing gets dropped from the queue.  As a result I either have to wait until the sprog ages at 2100 hrs (or whatever time), or send the plumbot off the home lot.  Is there anyway to exclude the plumbots from being selected for this action?

The other annoyance is when I switch to a different family and back, sometimes without even unpausing the game, my plumbot, who doesn't have the office drone chip, has a job.  I realise that making them sacred would prevent this, but then I have issues with the extra traits if I forget to remove the sacred.  Given that plumbots supposedly need to have the office drone chip to get a job, how the fuck does the game manage to give them a job without it?  and is there a way to prevent it?  The only way you know they have a job is because the message for the car pool pops up, or if I go into the phone and look under the jobs/employment option, there is a quit work option, yet the work tab is still greyed out because they supposedly can't work without the office drone chip.

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: