More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 08:25:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 67 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread  (Read 1475170 times)
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #1375 on: 2014 January 31, 18:07:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Non-critical core mismatch after updating to latest AM (fully updated).  Reverting to previous AM corrected the problem. 

It sounds like you aren't properly updated then, as I have no problem with being fully patched and the latest AM.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: 2014 February 02, 04:33:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EDIT: This is occurring on all households in the affected save, making it unplayable as the error constantly appears every second whilst unpaused.
It sounds like your save has some kind of data corruption in it. I have posted a voodoo update that basically adds more checks for any obvious forms of corruption, but if it continues, your save is apparently fucked up deep down.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1377 on: 2014 February 06, 12:18:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims with Chosen and/or Track on Radar are unable to receive their extra traits from social group influence and degree.
I reported this way back when, but I didn't follow up.

They get the pop-up to choose a new trait, but the trait just doesn't get added.

Exactly. The trait is different than normal traits and shows with a red outline in the trait list, it is awarded when you complete your Uni degree, or when reaching level 10 of one of the social groups.

Was this ever addressed? I just had a Sim reach level 10 of the rebel social group and the adventurer trait I selected never got added.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: 2014 February 09, 07:36:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Made another attempt at addressing it. Try again?
« Last Edit: 2014 February 09, 08:07:54 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: 2014 February 09, 23:40:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just tried University again and found that there is still the issue that AwesomeMod deletes the major part of the homeless population of the Uni wolrd while the world loads. First attempt left me with 4 homeless (not enough for all the roles, functions and jobs), second attempt left me with 14.

Edit: Ok, I think I see now where this can lead to more issues. So far I have never sent Sims to university for more than one term and merely noticed the massive lack of homeless. But this time I sent one for a second term and this is when the trouble starts: when visiting the Uni world for a second time the game rerolls many of the fellow students, the professors and nearly all roommates if you happen to stay in a dorm. Former roommates are placed in the homeless pool and new roommates are recruited from there. As there are nearly none left the game, for example, turned the mascot into a roommate and now I have a fellow student in normal wear walk around in the mascot walkstyle and he is now carrying a double function - he's both the mascot and a student. This explains then why the vanilla world has 75 homeless to begin with, because it needs this large pool for the rerolls.
« Last Edit: 2014 February 11, 08:56:51 by vorpal » Logged
Nienor
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1380 on: 2014 February 15, 17:13:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sell/refine results in the vendoring of nanites - I suppose it might be intended behaviour rather than a bug, but it would be nice if they weren't vendored.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: 2014 February 17, 05:06:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What are these nanites and what do they do? Do they serve a function, or just vendortrash? Under what circumstances do they serve a function?

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: 2014 February 17, 05:45:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nanites may be caught, researched, reverse engineered and created. They are an integral part of the creation of robotic trait chips. Reverse engineered they become other parts required for engineering the chips.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Nienor
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: 2014 February 17, 06:45:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, there are certain rare types of nanites that one can only create if one has first reverse-engineered one caught in the wild (reverse-engineering teaches one the "recipe", so to speak). The recipes for lower-level nanites can be researched on the crafting station.

As nanites can only be created one by one and need to be selected from a cluttered pie menu, I'd prefer to have the ones I found in the wild in my inventory when I start mass-producing trait chips and bots for money.
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: 2014 February 24, 18:20:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Attached is a selection of script errors I get every time when I open the relationship panel of one of my Sims after he's arrived in the future world. In addition to the errors there is a bright red square at the very end of his relationship panel instead of a portrait thumbnail. It's not greyed out, so something in the future world. I can click on it and send a love letter (to whoever this is supposed to be). After a while the selector UI fails and I cannot unselect that Sim anymore. All group members end up being selected.
After the first attempts I had him quit his job before travelling to the future, as the errors mention a fail in the coworker system, but this didn't change anything. The script errors are from the attempts when he was already unemployed.

----
Edit: While testing whether I could reproduce this issue without AM in a fresh game I also noticed that with AM, travelling to the future world suffers from a similar issue that I reported above for the Uni world, namely random deletion of Sims. This time, however, it affects both homeless and resident families. Every time I had a test Sim travel to the future at least one resident family simply evaporated. MasterController then found them in the pool of compressed MiniSims. Nothing like this happens without AM.
It may be that this is caused by a process that is similar to both EPs:
-Before a Sim arrives in the Uni world the game shuffles some of the locals, homeless, residents and dorm students around until the empty dorm and fraternity places are occupied. Some homeless are moved in and some residents rendered homeless. Every visit to the Uni world creates a different mix of residents and dorm students.
-Before a Sim arrives in the future world the game shuffles the residents around in order to make space for the Sim's descendant family. When it finds a suitable house for them it evicts the occupants, renders them homeless and moves the descendant family in. With AwesomeMod I noticed that more than one family were evicted and they were all roughly the size of the descendant family. And while the one family that finally gets replaced by the descendant family is successfully rendered homeless, those that might have been tried first are permanently deleted by the mod.

This is at least the conclusion I came to after sending several Sims back and forth to both the Uni and the future world.

* ScriptErrors.zip (5.1 KB - downloaded 269 times.)
« Last Edit: 2014 February 24, 22:26:11 by vorpal » Logged
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: 2014 March 07, 18:22:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Attached is a selection of script errors I get every time when I open the relationship panel of one of my Sims after he's arrived in the future world. In addition to the errors there is a bright red square at the very end of his relationship panel instead of a portrait thumbnail. It's not greyed out, so something in the future world. I can click on it and send a love letter (to whoever this is supposed to be). After a while the selector UI fails and I cannot unselect that Sim anymore. All group members end up being selected.
After the first attempts I had him quit his job before travelling to the future, as the errors mention a fail in the coworker system, but this didn't change anything. The script errors are from the attempts when he was already unemployed.

I have had this happen from time to time, and not just when traveling anywhere, but simply switching households.  I usually just go back to the main menu and reload an older save and the problem goes away.

vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: 2014 March 08, 12:54:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had this happen from time to time, and not just when traveling anywhere, but simply switching households.  I usually just go back to the main menu and reload an older save and the problem goes away.
If you mean the thing that several Sims are selected at once, yes, I know this and it happens occasionally in all games and a reload usually fixes it, but this case is persistent and it happens infallibly, no matter how many saves I go back. As soon as my Sims arrive in the future the error fires and some Sim minutes later the game is stuck with multi-selected Sims.
Louisb
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: 2014 April 20, 04:03:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have enabled TS2-style aging in AwesomeConfig, but some of the sims outside of the active household are aging according to unmodded TS3 behavior - i.e. they are getting older and dying of old age.
Define "some". Not "all"? What properties do these "some" have?
Good question. Currently unsure, as some sims are becoming gray-hairs and throwing "X is becoming older" notifications while others are not. I can investigate further but I am not sure what to look for, exactly, as there is not an apparent pattern.

Edit: I can add that one of the neighbors is a SimBot and is aging as well, which is doubly odd given that I have AwesomeMod configured to prevent robots from aging. I will admit for the sake of disclosure that I am using Overwatch in conjunction with AwesomeMod (Overwatch has some features, like catching unroutable sims, that AwesomeMod lacks), which may or may not be a PEBKAC-style failure in judgment.
I cannot find any particular reason for why you are getting odd sims randomly aging, short of the presence of a third-party aging controller. I grepped throughly and could only find references to aging that pass through the gate-check function. I am further unable to reproduce this behavior in-game. The only answer I can think of is that you have some sort of third-party aging controller replacement, or that these transitions were already queued prior to enabling the option.

Alternatively, these sims aren't even part of the world and exist in Vacationlandia.

I think I've found the source of this issue. As much as I doubt anyone was waiting with bated breath to find out what was going on, I'll record this here on the off chance that it helps anyone else's troubleshooting.

Pescado, predictably, was correct. The documentation for Overwatch notes that the aging manager may interfere with AwesomeMod's features. (Though this may have been a RTFM failure on my part, I prefer to believe that the docs were updated sometime after I read through them.)

I think that I've resolved the issue by using NRaas' StoryProgression to disable aging for non-active families. The only downside of this workaround is having to choose between using Overwatch and using AwesomeMod's story progression, since Awesome's progression is disabled when Nraas' progression is present.
Cyron
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1388 on: 2014 April 21, 13:25:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello Mr. Pescado,
I got an expiration message today (04/28/2014). I don't know what your plans are but if you ceased to update this mod could you please remove the expiration? Otherwise we'd end up with unplayable worlds because we had to uninstall awesomemod.

Greetings,
Cyron
Eurotrash
Retardo Lander

View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: 2014 April 21, 13:29:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello Mr. Pescado,
I got an expiration message today (04/28/2014). I don't know what your plans are but if you ceased to update this mod could you please remove the expiration? Otherwise we'd end up with unplayable worlds because we had to uninstall awesomemod.

Update your game.
Starler
Senator

Fun for the whole fambly.

View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: 2014 April 21, 14:42:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello Mr. Pescado,

First, there is no need to address your post. The FOJ sees all and will respond if needed. Second, you need to update AM from the thread. As there aren't dozens already posting this error, I am inclined to believe this is a user issue. If that doesn't work, then you probably have an old version of AM still installed somewhere, so you will need to find and nuke it.

WARNING: The Eurotard is unreliable, as it is not very bright.

Keeping this here for when Titlights forgets that it doesn't have anything better to do than hang out at MATY.
Viscount
immortelleMuse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: 2014 April 21, 15:40:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello Mr. Pescado,

I'm actually getting this too using the awesomemod modified 2/9/2014 at 3:36AM. This is the only version I can download from the thread (second mirror) as the alpha mirror and urls all give me error 404, or that the droids I'm looking for are not there. This has been happening since the site was down for some time earlier this year, and just chalked it up to that.

I've also been getting the "core-mismatch" error even though I'm fully updated with my Nraas mods and the game, but have been playing the game smoothly with this version of awesome thus far, so have decided not to touch anything else. However, I remember prior to the site going down that I was using a version of awesome that did not give me that error with my current setup, but seeing that I began nuking old versions of awesomemod a while back, I could not revert to whatever awesome version that was.

So I guess I'm just wondering what is the latest version of awesome supposed to be? (And if it's not the 2/9/2014 one, if they could post it before the expiry?)

No matter how old you are, no matter how badass you think you are, if a toddler hands you their ringing toy phone-- you answer it.
Starler
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: 2014 April 21, 16:22:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, I'm seeing the same thing when I try to download AM. While waiting for a fix, the AM XML can be modified to have a longer expiration period. WARNING: Using an outdated version of AM is not recommended.

I tried two Google searches for how to do this, and came up with the answer as the top response both times, so this is as far as I go.

Keeping this here for when Titlights forgets that it doesn't have anything better to do than hang out at MATY.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: 2014 April 21, 20:44:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, I'm seeing the same thing when I try to download AM. While waiting for a fix, the AM XML can be modified to have a longer expiration period. WARNING: Using an outdated version of AM is not recommended.

I tried two Google searches for how to do this, and came up with the answer as the top response both times, so this is as far as I go.

Using the appropriate number you can make it so AM never expires, which is what I did to mine some time ago when I realised the last update still had an expiry date.

I'm actually getting this too using the awesomemod modified 2/9/2014 at 3:36AM. This is the only version I can download from the thread (second mirror) as the alpha mirror and urls all give me error 404, or that the droids I'm looking for are not there. This has been happening since the site was down for some time earlier this year, and just chalked it up to that.

I've also been getting the "core-mismatch" error even though I'm fully updated with my Nraas mods and the game, but have been playing the game smoothly with this version of awesome thus far, so have decided not to touch anything else. However, I remember prior to the site going down that I was using a version of awesome that did not give me that error with my current setup, but seeing that I began nuking old versions of awesomemod a while back, I could not revert to whatever awesome version that was.

I have been using that version of AM with 1.67 game version without any core mismatch errors.  Is your game at 1.67 or still at 1.66?  Might the the problem.
« Last Edit: 2014 April 21, 20:51:06 by wizard_merlin » Logged

Eurotrash
Retardo Lander

View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: 2014 April 21, 21:59:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been using that version of AM with 1.67 game version without any core mismatch errors.  Is your game at 1.67 or still at 1.66?  Might the the problem.

Mine is 1.67 and I'm getting that message.

Purpose of expiration date to begin with?
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: 2014 April 21, 22:13:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Purpose of expiration date to begin with?

Another example of you being denser than a black hole.

Duh, it forces the user to keep AM up to date so as to minimize game breakage.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: 2014 April 21, 22:17:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no problems downloading AM from here but there isn't any point, since it's the version I'm already using, which started giving me the core mismatch expiration message yesterday.

I was suprised when I got the message - I thought Pescado had taken the expiry thing out of AM, since now there are no more patches/SPs/EPs it isn't necessary any more.

EDIT: To fix stupid error caused by posting before my first cuppa for the day.  A shame I didn't catch it before this post was quoted.
« Last Edit: 2014 April 21, 23:38:53 by Kyna » Logged

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Starler
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: 2014 April 21, 22:32:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AM is still labeled as a work in progress, which means that changes are expected in the future. Each version has an expiration date to force users to update and reduce the amount of people complaining about BFBVFS, and/or reporting problems that have already been resolved. The expiration date, and the lack of direct instruction on how to modify it, is an anti-dumbass feature.

In this case, the FOJ has probably been busy with site changes and hasn't gotten around to updating AM. These things could be avoided if people would SUPPORT THE MUNICIPALITY.

rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: 2014 April 21, 23:10:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no problems downloading AM from here but there isn't any point, since it's the version I'm already using, which started giving me the core mismatch yesterday.

I was suprised when I got the message - I thought Pescado had taken the expiry thing out of AM, since now there are no more patches/SPs/EPs it isn't necessary any more.

I was surprised to get the message today as Pescado told me that the the expiration date was no longer part of AM.  So where did ya'll hide the correct version of AM?
Viscount
immortelleMuse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: 2014 April 22, 00:08:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been using that version of AM with 1.67 game version without any core mismatch errors.  Is your game at 1.67 or still at 1.66?  Might the the problem.
D'oh! Looking back at my files, it seems I had downloaded the latest patch but never actually installed it. The core-mismatch bit is PEBCAK so just ignore that.
Tuning the XML seems easy enough, I'd just rather wait for the FOJ's version, since whatever I'll do will never be as awesome.

On a somewhat unrelated note since necromancy is bad, while I know Pescado is busy with the site, expiring AM and all, but I'm curious if he could add the function "nukeworld university" as an experiment? Although if he no longer wants to support awesomemod anymore I'd understand if that's not doable, since there'd be essentially no debugging, but I'd be happy to test it since removing foreignia seems to work fine and I'm sure it should work for university and other destinations. It's just the stupid minicharacters still exist after nuking the other files. And I fully acknowledge beforehand that my game may end up a BFBVFS if he adds that function and I use it, and if he no longer updates AM that I'm left with whatever it is I'm left with.  

Edit: Comma splices are bad.
Edit: Really bad.
« Last Edit: 2014 April 22, 00:27:11 by immortelleMuse » Logged

No matter how old you are, no matter how badass you think you are, if a toddler hands you their ringing toy phone-- you answer it.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: