More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:58:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 67 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread  (Read 1474980 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: AM story driver failing to correct EA story driver
« Reply #1000 on: 2012 December 10, 05:31:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does fixall or towderelicts remove UFOs from the inventory of uninstantiated aliens?
No. No vehicles will ever be removed from a sim's inventory, as you (probably) paid for them! However, uninstantiated characters in the game do not have inventory, and any items in the inventory of an NPC that gets unininstantiated will be lost. This isn't an AwesomeMod-specific behavior, this is standard.

As of two days ago, there was an issue with AM where cross-world opportunities were being blocked.

To be more specific, the adventure stage (opportunity) "The Diary of Sin Pah" calls for a sim to "Travel to France"; when the sim arrives, they're supposed to get a few visa points or whatever and a subsequent task to talk to the nectar merchant.

With the EA story driver (or AM) the "Travel to France" stage completes as expected, but the subsequent step fails to appear. If one attempts to forcibly add it (China->EP1_Quest_France1, if I'm not mistaken) with twallan's DebugEnabler, the message "Unable to fulfil requirements for EP1_Quest_France1" appears; trying to add various other China opportunities while in France simply does nothing -- no idea if that's relevant or not

If one uses twallan's StoryProgression instead of AM or EA, it's possible to progress in the adventure and complete it normally.
I don't see why this would be related at ALL. AwesomeMod's story progression is a standalone module that has ZERO influence on Quests. However, I will look into this.

Speaking of AM story brokenness, there seems to be a *serious* lack of consideration in AM code for sim traits and relationships; I had a "Good", "Proper" sim, married with an LTR of 100, who was flirting like crazy a while back; another time her spouse was flirting (or being flirted with) several other sims as well, while she was in the room, and, until the "rumour" got around, she didn't appear to notice -- she kept flirting with him in between him flirting with everyone else until that occurred.
That is not a behavior of Story Progression at all. That seems more like dumb Sim Autonomy at work. Story Progression doesn't manipulate sims that are presently within active viewing of the player: That's not what it's for. It seems to me that you're attributing everything to "Story Progression", when none of the phenomena described are actually part of Story Progression.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #1001 on: 2012 December 10, 09:04:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does fixall or towderelicts remove UFOs from the inventory of uninstantiated aliens?
No. No vehicles will ever be removed from a sim's inventory, as you (probably) paid for them! However, uninstantiated characters in the game do not have inventory, and any items in the inventory of an NPC that gets unininstantiated will be lost. This isn't an AwesomeMod-specific behavior, this is standard.
But is it maybe possible that AwesomeMod prevents these UFOs from spawning in the first place? In my first test run of Seasons without Awesome my sim was abducted three times and almost reliably so after collecting space rocks during the night and analysing them straight away. Placing these rocks in the back yard then triggered the alien visits and befriending them and inviting them over resulted in an UFO landing instead of a car arriving. Since then and with AM I haven't had a single abduction in two different games and aliens were driving around in NPC motor pool vehicles and every alien that my sim had asked to move in joined the household empty-handed. I checked "listkills" regularaly during that time and there were never any SpaceCars listed among the kills but my suspicion is that they were never spawned right from the beginning because they are "free" cars in a way.
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #1002 on: 2012 December 10, 14:45:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But is it maybe possible that AwesomeMod prevents these UFOs from spawning in the first place? In my first test run of Seasons without Awesome my sim was abducted three times and almost reliably so after collecting space rocks during the night and analysing them straight away. Placing these rocks in the back yard then triggered the alien visits and befriending them and inviting them over resulted in an UFO landing instead of a car arriving. Since then and with AM I haven't had a single abduction in two different games and aliens were driving around in NPC motor pool vehicles and every alien that my sim had asked to move in joined the household empty-handed. I checked "listkills" regularaly during that time and there were never any SpaceCars listed among the kills but my suspicion is that they were never spawned right from the beginning because they are "free" cars in a way.

Do we even know for a fact that UFOs show up in their inventory? My witches all have brooms that they ride around town, but no broom shows up in inventory.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
Soltis
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: AM story driver failing to correct EA story driver
« Reply #1003 on: 2012 December 10, 20:01:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see why this would be related at ALL. AwesomeMod's story progression is a standalone module that has ZERO influence on Quests. However, I will look into this.
That's why I said 'fails to fix EA' and not 'AM breaks' -- I believe EA managed to break cross-world quests, probably in 1.42, and StoryProgression does some kind of housekeeping which mitigates the problem.
That is not a behavior of Story Progression at all. That seems more like dumb Sim Autonomy at work. Story Progression doesn't manipulate sims that are presently within active viewing of the player: That's not what it's for. It seems to me that you're attributing everything to "Story Progression", when none of the phenomena described are actually part of Story Progression.
Noted; it's new behaviour, so I figured it should be mentioned -- I also felt like being unnecessarily vulgar. <Witch_Hazel>Call it a weakness.</Witch_Hazel>  (Also I don't know how much pushing/sim tampering your story driver does; I do know twallan's is very pushy indeed.)

"Of course I had to pay my mother up-front for breast-feeding, but what the hell, I was in highschool at the time." --Simon Travaglia
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: 2012 December 10, 20:43:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just noticed a minor annoyance:  WA keystones no longer stack in a sims inventory.  Also a small related request: Would it be too much to ask that big inventions stack? The Master Inventor Challenge gets very annoying when you have to get rid of the hundred floor hyginators in the inventory.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Soltis
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: 2012 December 10, 20:50:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another little bug: the opportunity to defeat Dong Huo magically completed itself as soon as he opened his sarcophagus. He was still wandering around, and I was able to defeat him like any other mummy, but the game gave me the text about having done so before he had even fully emerged.

"Of course I had to pay my mother up-front for breast-feeding, but what the hell, I was in highschool at the time." --Simon Travaglia
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: 2012 December 12, 23:15:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I searched and didn't find that this bug was already discussed (apologies if I missed something somewhere): I have furniture going invisible. So far, the train set (what is the purpose of the train set anyway?) and one of the vanity dresser things.

INTP.
jsader
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: 2012 December 13, 17:17:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had all of the above mentioned WA issues for quite awhile now, not just with the latest patch. More like since Generations or Pets.
Soltis
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: 2012 December 15, 02:17:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just noticed a few child sims' school status reads "Snow Day" and has for about 20 sim days. Changing schools and resetting them makes no difference. Even enrolling them in a boarding school and withdrawing them a few days later didn't have any effect.

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: 2012 December 15, 04:27:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which reminds me. If my child Sim has a 'snow day' is there any way we can enforce that all child Sims in the hood will? It seems silly that the kids one block over who attend the same school are forced in when mine stays home and has no-one to play with.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: 2012 December 19, 17:47:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has the control-click 'select-this-household' thing been removed, or reassigned? Can't do it anymore.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: 2012 December 19, 18:47:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has the control-click 'select-this-household' thing been removed, or reassigned?

No.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: 2012 December 21, 16:39:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. ~Ayn Rand
PolecatEZ
Blathering Buffoon

Necatur Americanus - and I vote!

View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: 2012 December 22, 18:09:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Using the Potent Personality Adjuster potion, my sim received "Radar Tagged" as one of his 5 new traits.  Any way to prevent this from happening?

Removing the tracking removes the trait, leaving the sim with 4 traits.  Yes, its easy enough to correct with cheats, just wonderin' though.

My sim also received the "Backstabber" trait, also a hidden trait - though I'm not sure the source.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: 2012 December 22, 18:45:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Noted: Will fix, restricted indicator traits should not be appearing in the pool.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Valerie
Asinine Airhead

My weiner's longer than your's.

View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: 2012 December 25, 16:25:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just got a new laptop  ( Windows 8 ) so I started sims to make a new game and I made a werewolf male and hit randomize (because I'm too lazy to go through each and every slider) and the mouse just keeps spinning and loading even though the sim had already randomized itself.

I cleared out just my awesome mod and config and this glitch disappeared, but when I've got awesome in the mod folder this happens... not sure if anyone else has experienced it.

Edit: It doesn't happen with normal human sims... I have all the expansion packs and stuff packs.
Spaldingas
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: 2012 December 25, 16:27:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed another issue: even though Sims 2 style aging is enabled in the Config, a non-active sim died while I was playing with another household. He was an elder who had over a week to live when I played with his household. Day before a note about his death came, there was a pop-up about him going to die soon. I've never had this kind of issues before and I've used the Sims 2 aging since it became an option with AM. Now it looks like it doesn't work. (Using the 19/11 version of AM)

I noticed this too. Very annoying as I live for TS2-style aging! It has screwed up my gameplay as now everyone has aged up. Any way this can be fixed?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: 2012 December 25, 16:33:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "Will Die Soon" popup and notification actually has no relationship to whether or not a sim will actually die: Once a sim reaches die-able age, it will die randomly and unpredictably. A popup, therefore, is sort of useless in terms of warning you about this.

I will schedule an investigation into this matter.

Spaldingas
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: 2012 December 25, 17:03:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "Will Die Soon" popup and notification actually has no relationship to whether or not a sim will actually die: Once a sim reaches die-able age, it will die randomly and unpredictably. A popup, therefore, is sort of useless in terms of warning you about this.

It's not just the pop up though - Sims of all ages have aged up so I'm wondering if that aspect isn't working any more.
Cyron
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1019 on: 2012 December 26, 20:53:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On page 40 I reported that my Sims won't get abducted even if I trigger an abduction with a debug cheat. I was able to track it down to awesomemod now.
I removed every mod except for awesomemod = no abduction
Having every other mod installed except awesomemod = immediately successful abductions.
« Last Edit: 2012 December 26, 21:42:00 by Cyron » Logged

Greetings,
Cyron
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: 2012 December 27, 16:03:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having every other mod installed except awesomemod = immediately successful abductions.
Will be fixed: Was caused by AwesomeMod suppressing the "give free lunches to everyone" routine affecting the NPC alien fambly as well: NPC alien fambly will now receive the UFO to perform abductions with.

I noticed another issue: even though Sims 2 style aging is enabled in the Config, a non-active sim died while I was playing with another household. He was an elder who had over a week to live when I played with his household. Day before a note about his death came, there was a pop-up about him going to die soon. I've never had this kind of issues before and I've used the Sims 2 aging since it became an option with AM. Now it looks like it doesn't work. (Using the 19/11 version of AM)

I noticed this too. Very annoying as I live for TS2-style aging! It has screwed up my gameplay as now everyone has aged up. Any way this can be fixed?
I am unable to verify this. Check that the proper option is actually registering as enabled in SetConfig? Nothing there appears to have changed, unless you have a third-party aging controller.

Which reminds me. If my child Sim has a 'snow day' is there any way we can enforce that all child Sims in the hood will? It seems silly that the kids one block over who attend the same school are forced in when mine stays home and has no-one to play with.
In theory, every single School Career work alarm is supposed to handle this. I have no idea why it does not, but I am not sure adding a global set check to every single school for every single school is wise at this point.
« Last Edit: 2012 December 27, 16:13:39 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Spaldingas
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: 2012 December 28, 10:28:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am unable to verify this. Check that the proper option is actually registering as enabled in SetConfig? Nothing there appears to have changed, unless you have a third-party aging controller.

It's definitely enabled, and there is no third-party aging controller. The only other mod I have installed is Overwatch; could this be causing it?
« Last Edit: 2012 December 29, 14:05:17 by Spaldingas » Logged
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: 2012 December 28, 14:40:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just got a new laptop  ( Windows 8 ) so I started sims to make a new game and I made a werewolf male and hit randomize (because I'm too lazy to go through each and every slider) and the mouse just keeps spinning and loading even though the sim had already randomized itself.

I've noticed this too.  Whenever I create supernaturals in CAS I make sure to do all the work while they're still human and change the species at the very end.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Valerie
Asinine Airhead

My weiner's longer than your's.

View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: 2012 December 28, 20:56:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed this too.  Whenever I create supernaturals in CAS I make sure to do all the work while they're still human and change the species at the very end.

I cleared out awesome mod and it seemed to allow randomization without freezing like that (even in supernatural form).  Is that the same for you? I'm not sure if it's conflicting with another mod I have. & Yeah no one really responded to my post so I just started making them as humans. But you don't have to wait til you're done clothing them to change them, just the randomization glitches.
Cyron
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1024 on: 2012 December 29, 16:10:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found a new release about two days ago (or was it yesterday?). Is the UFO bug supposed to be fixed with this?
Because it's not.
Just asking.

Greetings,
Cyron
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: