More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:30:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 67 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread  (Read 1474902 times)
cobainsquirrel
Tasty Tourist

the world is quiet here

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #825 on: 2012 September 03, 16:35:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Game crashes to desktop for me as well. Seems to occur randomly after I load a game or create a new one. Usually doesn't go for more than three hours (in game) before it crashes. I chose a new household without saving and in one instance it crashed before anyone got any tasks.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #826 on: 2012 September 03, 20:11:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since this is the test version and not the official 1.38 release, everyone is making sure to test AM under carefully controlled conditions in a vanilla game with absolutely no other cc before posting ZAMG A BUG!!11!, right?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
cobainsquirrel
Tasty Tourist

the world is quiet here

View Profile
« Reply #827 on: 2012 September 03, 20:36:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, no CC, no other mods, brand new save, etc.
Daghain
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #828 on: 2012 September 03, 23:59:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated to the latest patch dated Sept 1 2012 4:07:08 am and discovered the exact problem with the books. The only two that don't work are horror and poetry. The author can sit down at the laptop and start any other novel.
Thomas Harris
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Version 1.38 testing
« Reply #829 on: 2012 September 04, 02:57:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I managed to get the 1.38 test version of Awesome....
OK, so I did the update to 1.38 and THEN I grabbed a new Awsome.Zip, assuming that the version that I downloaded would be more Awsome than EA.  But 'twasen't. So now I am without any awsomeness at all. Then I see that Vitaee (quote above) has more awsomeness. Read the hint located below. Downloaded your test. So I am no longer in the same position as Oliver Twist of begging: "Please, Sir, I want some more."
Alternatively, how can I back out the 1.38 update and revert to my previously awsome status? Do not want to anymore. Some Awsomeness >> Awsomelessness
« Last Edit: 2012 September 08, 22:45:05 by Thomas Harris » Logged
vitaee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #830 on: 2012 September 04, 05:11:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since this is the test version and not the official 1.38 release, everyone is making sure to test AM under carefully controlled conditions in a vanilla game with absolutely no other cc before posting ZAMG A BUG!!11!, right?

Eww, you have a point there...doh
Daghain
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #831 on: 2012 September 04, 05:28:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. AM is the only non EA content I have.
vitaee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #832 on: 2012 September 04, 05:49:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, this time running a new game, in Appaloosa Plains, have all expansion packs up to Pets (no show time), fully patched via the Sims3 patcher, latest version (9/1/2012 4:09am) of AM.
Sent my genius sim to the library at about 9am game time.  Arrived at front steps without issue.  Clicked on an upstairs computer to have him play chess.  He made it up the stairs, and looked like he was about to pull the chair back when I had a CTD.  AM was the only thing in my mods folder.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #833 on: 2012 September 04, 11:55:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have made an update. Suffice it to say that the nature of the particular bug in question leaves little doubt that this is some kind of sabotage, since the issue was apparently located inside the EAxian SPYWARE. BE WARNED! LOCK YOUR FIREWALLS.
« Last Edit: 2012 September 04, 13:21:17 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Iolanthe
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #834 on: 2012 September 04, 21:01:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As of this latest version, the "fixall" command is not working.  Other awesomemod commands do work correctly, so I know the mod is being recognised.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #835 on: 2012 September 05, 01:15:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"maxmotives" isn't working either.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
vitaee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #836 on: 2012 September 05, 02:34:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Played about a week of game time so far.  Latest versions of everything, my usual hodgepodge of mods including AM, fresh game.   No problems so far except for the aforementioned lack of a "fixall" command.  Get no such command message.  Haven't tried "maxmotives" personally.
isabel_c
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #837 on: 2012 September 05, 02:44:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed the fun motive decaying while sims sleep.  Selling objects in a sim's inventory seems buggy; I spawned a random selection of rocks/gems/metals, and after collecting them and selling them, each object would appear on the ground near the sim.  Selling the object a second time by dragging from the ground as opposed to dragging from the inventory worked. 

Not sure if this falls under bug or feature, but using the gem cutting object on tiberium produced some tiberium dust, and each tiberium dust pile spawned the large spire after a period of hours.  My sim's net worth increased by 280,000 in the space of a day.
Daghain
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #838 on: 2012 September 05, 02:52:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have made an update. Suffice it to say that the nature of the particular bug in question leaves little doubt that this is some kind of sabotage, since the issue was apparently located inside the EAxian SPYWARE. BE WARNED! LOCK YOUR FIREWALLS.

WFT?? Assholes.
Aventurine
Dimwitted Dunce

Aun Aprendo...

View Profile
« Reply #839 on: 2012 September 05, 05:10:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm playing with a brand new game, all my mods are updated and using the latest test version of AM. Tried using "editsim" which gave the "no such command" message and then my game did the CTD. With the first Sept. 2 test version, I couldn't even start playing a new game as it would crash immediately upon entering into a sim famblies house, so there has been a marked improvement.

"Only the spoon knows what is stirring in the pot"
mnemaxath
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #840 on: 2012 September 05, 05:26:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would this be an update to the September 1, 2012, EA update, and if so, where could I find it?  Because I just got the Sims 3 w/ Pets (I know, I know, I'm waaaay behind) and all the other awesome mods I've found do not work with the current patch (won't even open the game), which I had no choice in adding since it wouldn't let me install without the darned thing.  Having tried the vanilla, non-cheat version of Sims3 (hated it, takes way too long to do anything),  I need awesome.
Television
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #841 on: 2012 September 05, 15:58:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed the fun motive decaying while sims sleep.  Selling objects in a sim's inventory seems buggy; I spawned a random selection of rocks/gems/metals, and after collecting them and selling them, each object would appear on the ground near the sim.  Selling the object a second time by dragging from the ground as opposed to dragging from the inventory worked. 

Not sure if this falls under bug or feature, but using the gem cutting object on tiberium produced some tiberium dust, and each tiberium dust pile spawned the large spire after a period of hours.  My sim's net worth increased by 280,000 in the space of a day.

I'm led to believe that this isn't an issue with AM. Yesterday, after installing my shiny new EP (Supernatural - let's go ahead and say that I have alL EPs and SPs), I played a completely vanilla game. While having a dog sniff out collectables, I'd sell them as he found them. They would pop back out on the ground. Happened with my sim's inventory as well.

Also, while this is being mentioned, I'll also say that when I have my sim get a metal smelted or a gem cut, he snaps away from the mail box as if he's been reset, just after he puts the package in the mailbox.

I assume these are EA bugs and glitches that should hopefully be fixed with the next patch.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #842 on: 2012 September 05, 16:16:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I assume these are EA bugs and glitches that should hopefully be fixed with the next patch.

You made a funny.

wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #843 on: 2012 September 05, 19:46:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just updated everything and one thing I noticed was that the map tags for my sacred households are not visible unless my sim knows them, or is their friend.  The map tags previously always showed for sacred households.  Can someone confirm if it is just my game or a general change/issue?

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
RebelRed
The Evil Psycho
Feckless Fool

No fucks given

View Profile
« Reply #844 on: 2012 September 05, 20:36:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you using the new test version he put out this morning?

meh.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #845 on: 2012 September 05, 21:14:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you using the new test version he put out this morning?

Yes, I updated before I started playing.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #846 on: 2012 September 05, 23:18:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Selling objects in a sim's inventory seems buggy; I spawned a random selection of rocks/gems/metals, and after collecting them and selling them, each object would appear on the ground near the sim.  Selling the object a second time by dragging from the ground as opposed to dragging from the inventory worked. 

I'm led to believe that this isn't an issue with AM. Yesterday, after installing my shiny new EP (Supernatural - let's go ahead and say that I have alL EPs and SPs), I played a completely vanilla game. While having a dog sniff out collectables, I'd sell them as he found them. They would pop back out on the ground. Happened with my sim's inventory as well.

No AM here yet either, and I'm seeing a pretty consistent and replicable issue when I try to direct use of an elixir while it's in a sims inventory, I first noticed it with the Invigorating Elixir. They seem able to autonomously use it with no problem, but my clicking on it while in inventory results in it a noticeable wait before the menu opens up. All action stops and the game freezes for a few seconds, although music keeps playing and little notes still float in the air. I can drag them out of inventory and use them without problem while they are sitting on a table or something. It's always possible it's my copy of Supernatural, so I was hesitant to mention it until I saw similar issues. I am expecting a new copy, and therefor a new install by tomorrow. Although if it's more then me, it looks easily tracked down.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
joolie
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #847 on: 2012 September 06, 18:34:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is not so much an AwesomeMod bug report as it is an AwesomeSite bug report.  I received the alert informing me my version of AwesomeMod would expire, which made me very happy as I assumed it meant I could update to 1.38/SN.  I assume this because generally, a new version of AwesomeMod is specific to the newest patch from EA and I better update or be trampled.

However, when I updated to SN and downloaded AwesomeMod, the version was last updated August 03, 2012, and is not compatible with 1.38/SN.  In searching MATY to find what dumbassery I had committed, I found that there is a test version, but it is not widely publicly available (that is to say, I assume that's not the version I should be downloading and installing).  

I figure either: a) I assumed incorrectly that the 'update now!' message meant that AwesomeMod was now updated for 1.38/SN (Edit: ding ding ding!) -or- b) The new version of AwesomeMod isn't actually posted yet.

Of course, there's still c) I'm an idiot... but I really did search my ass off, cleared out all my old versions of Awesome, downloaded from all three mirrors, and finally am staring at http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ts3/hax/ and see that its timestamp is indeed Aug 03, so I think I did as much as I could do before I actually posted.  In any case, I am now in a sad state of running without AwesomeMod and would like to know if it's a/b or c that's going on here.

Edited to update where I went wrong:  I assumed, based on the coincidental timing of past expiration dates, that AM phoned home enough to get the memo when a new version was released, and that if I got an expiration notice, there was in fact a new version available for me to download.  That appears to be the incorrect assumption that led to this post, so I'm set to sit pretty till the non-test 1.38 is released.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: 2012 September 06, 19:44:57 by joolie » Logged
krenm
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #848 on: 2012 September 06, 18:50:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since you're so close:

Test is not in hax folder.  Test is in test folder.

Back to my corner I go.

To err is human.  To arrrr is pirate.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #849 on: 2012 September 06, 18:52:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesomemod expires because it's always being updated and has an expiration date, not because your AM from Aug. 3rd magically knows that a new AM is out.  There is a test version out that is compatible with 1.38 but if you can't find it then you shouldn't be using it. Wait till the official 1.38 AM is released.

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: