More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:10:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 67 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread  (Read 1475217 times)
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #775 on: 2012 July 16, 18:13:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In addition, some newly-placed walls (2nd story and above, 1st story functioned normally) appeared blue and would only show as "up" or "down", not cutaway.

I have not encountered this problem, all my upper level walls cutaway just fine, including new ones.  Are you sure the walls formed a properly created room?

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
sheenasan
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #776 on: 2012 July 19, 19:18:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Technically, I had made several rooms, so I would think at least ONE of them should have been a full room. At any rate, the problem is moot now; it was fixed with the update.  Smiley
firstcharmander
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #777 on: 2012 July 26, 08:52:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bug:  Being architect and relationship goes up automatically to becoming best friends without much interaction.  All I did was begin renovation without chatting and then turn in.

I did a google search and this problem seems to have existed since 2010 with people becoming best friends after a renovation.  All the answers I found were people (including Pescado on MTS) suggesting that it was due to charisma skills and other relationship boost effects.  No, it's not.   I was looking at my sim relationship and moused over the little sim icon at each picture which displays the relationship from 0-100 with one decimal place  10.1, 10.2 10.3 ... the relationship was going up one decimal place at a time across the board automatically.  This seems as annoying, maybe even more than the bed bug mood a while back.  I have to save the game, reload it for it to stop.

Any fix?  Reloading every day isn't going to help, it stops it momentarily until you start going on the clock and performing designs again.  the "free" relationship gains keeps happening.   On another similar note, something I haven't witnessed myself, I found on search that playing tag also does it.  Someone became fulfilled a wish to become BBF during their sleep and it happens they were playing tag early in the day.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #778 on: 2012 July 26, 14:49:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this an AwesomeMod-specific bug, or does this occur without AwesomeMod? I don't remember seeing this behavior.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
firstcharmander
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #779 on: 2012 July 26, 22:57:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like to think it's EA related based on search results, but I have no idea since I have not played without awesomemod.

I only other mod I have that edits relationship is No Car Relationships  @  http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=419204

Edit: Some more testing,  when you accept renovation, the relationship with the client starts going up 0.1 automatically every few sim minutes until you reload the game file.
What basically happened was the only sims I knew were clients I did renovations for and I never reloaded the game, so my entire relationship panel was sparkling and going up.
« Last Edit: 2012 July 26, 23:13:12 by firstcharmander » Logged
Wolff Laarcen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #780 on: 2012 July 29, 11:46:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having some issues with Awesomemod.   No other mods or CC are in use.  I'm experiencing CTD when using Supreme Commander's 'Task:Work & School' functionality with the Journalism and Firefighter professions.

With journalism, TS3 will crash while preforming the action sequence [Supreme Commander > Task: Work & School > Trash Rummage].  While attempting to isolate this, I noticed that TS3 would also crash if a character had [Supreme Commander > Task: Work & School > Trash Rummage] queued while saving.  It didn't seem to matter which garbage can was being rummaged, any would cause a crash.  No crash occurs while using [Supreme Commander > Trash Rummage] by itself.  The issue only seems to occur when 'Task: Work and School' is being used and the sim attempts to rummage trash as part of their work routine.

With Firefighter, TS3 will crash while performing the sequence [Supreme Commander > Task: Work & School > Maintain] on the trucks or the alarm.  Manually selecting the 'Maintain' option with Supreme Commander running allows the sim to complete the action successfully with no CTD, similar to the Trash Rummage issue.

Crash log analyzer indicates a corrupt save error.  The error logs themselves all have the same exception 'ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000030'.  I was able to find some various solutions associated with that specific error message but nothing has worked yet; I'm still able to reproduce my crashes every time.

Any help would be appreciated.

Game versions in use:
Sims 3 Base - 1.36.45.017017
World Adventures - 2.17.2.011032
High End Loft Stuff - 3.13.1.011031
Ambitions - 4.10.1.011031
Late Night - 6.5.1.011031
Generations - 8.0.152.011001
Town Life Stuff - 9.0.73.012001
Master Suite Stuff - 11.0.84.014001
Diesel Stuff - 14.0.48.017001

* xcpt HAL9000 12-07-29 08.26.31.txt (18.99 KB - downloaded 383 times.)
* xcpt HAL9000 12-07-29 08.04.53.txt (18.99 KB - downloaded 400 times.)
* xcpt HAL9000 12-07-29 07.54.30.txt (18.83 KB - downloaded 299 times.)
* xcpt HAL9000 12-07-29 07.46.28.txt (18.99 KB - downloaded 365 times.)
« Last Edit: 2012 July 29, 15:46:46 by Wolff Laarcen » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #781 on: 2012 July 29, 13:09:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is mighty peculiar, a behavior I have never seen before, and makes absolutely no sense. Can you send saves where I can simply turn on the relevant options and watch them explode?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Wolff Laarcen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #782 on: 2012 July 29, 13:10:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Absolutely.  I will send them ASAP.

EDIT:  Links sent in PM.
« Last Edit: 2012 July 29, 15:35:03 by Wolff Laarcen » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #783 on: 2012 July 30, 05:53:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even though I cannot think of any logical reason why this would happen in the first place, I randomly rearranged the lines of code that didn't actually need to be any specific order and recompiled the entire mess, and the problem went away. I still have no idea why it would crash, and essentially just pulled out all the wires and then put them back in the same way they were to begin with, and it still went away.

Shrug. Try new update?

Wolff Laarcen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #784 on: 2012 July 30, 13:45:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Using the newest versions of everything AFAIK.  Crashes persist under the same conditions.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #785 on: 2012 July 30, 16:34:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you sure you have the latest version of AM?  Doesn't hurt to post the build details so people know that your AM version is current.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Wolff Laarcen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #786 on: 2012 July 30, 18:50:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

awesome.package created 7/16/12 1:18AM.  In game, the setconfig says 'BUILD 7/15/2012 07:06:08, EXPIRES 09/09/2012 07:06:08' I'm using the AwesomeMod updater.
« Last Edit: 2012 July 30, 19:40:45 by Wolff Laarcen » Logged
EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #787 on: 2012 July 30, 23:38:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

awesome.package created 7/16/12 1:18AM.  In game, the setconfig says 'BUILD 7/15/2012 07:06:08, EXPIRES 09/09/2012 07:06:08' I'm using the AwesomeMod updater.

I'm having the exact same problem.  Gonna try running w/o the updater and with a freshly d/ld AM.

[edit] First, it does not appear to be an issue if you d/l the AM and run w/o updater...dunno why.  Secondly, the initial problem seems to be from SC telling a sim to rummage in the trash when that's not actually a valid command.  Dunno about the firefighter stuff, haven't messed with it.
« Last Edit: 2012 July 30, 23:55:23 by EsotericPolarBear » Logged
Wolff Laarcen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #788 on: 2012 July 31, 00:14:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First, it does not appear to be an issue if you d/l the AM and run w/o updater...dunno why.  Secondly, the initial problem seems to be from SC telling a sim to rummage in the trash when that's not actually a valid command.  Dunno about the firefighter stuff, haven't messed with it.
Deleting the awesome.package file and d/l it again (from the AWESOMEMOD! SHINY! thread) didn't produce any changes.  The build information still appears to be the same.  The crashes still occur at the same times, under the same conditions.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #789 on: 2012 July 31, 01:02:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, looks like the upload didn't take. Retrying it.

Wolff Laarcen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #790 on: 2012 July 31, 02:11:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Build 07/29/2012, Expires 09/23/2012.  The reproducible crashes seem to be gone, will play awhile to test it out.
Scientist
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #791 on: 2012 July 31, 03:01:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What happened to the NPC Motor Pool? 

Without AwesomeMod (or with AwesomeMode prior to Generations), any sim without out a vehicle received one (usually a Sloppy Jalopy or Big Lemon) from the NPC Motor Pool.

Currently with AwesomeMod installed, all of my sims without vehicles are being driven around in the back of taxis.  (In France, only kespas are being used.  Without AwesomeMod, jalopies and other cars are used by tourist and locals.)

Has anyone else seen this?

I brought this issue up last fall.  J. M. Pescado said it should not be happening and he would look into it.  No new information followed so I decided to try again to have this corrected.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #792 on: 2012 July 31, 03:13:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should be fixed now.

EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #793 on: 2012 July 31, 03:32:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now if I could only figure out what is causing the bizarre hangups where the game is still animating, but nothing is happening...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #794 on: 2012 July 31, 04:13:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is called "lag", and it is caused by not having enough computar. You need moar computar.

EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #795 on: 2012 July 31, 12:31:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is called "lag", and it is caused by not having enough computar. You need moar computar.

The specs for the game have changed that much in the last six months?
Wolff Laarcen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #796 on: 2012 July 31, 15:13:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Played for hours yesterday with no crashes at all.  My issues seem to have been resolved by the new AM update.  Thanks for the help, much appreciated.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #797 on: 2012 July 31, 16:11:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game gets more and more bloated, and if your neighborhood is getting bloated, that doesn't help it either.

EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #798 on: 2012 July 31, 18:05:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game gets more and more bloated, and if your neighborhood is getting bloated, that doesn't help it either.

Fresh install, fresh hood...but I don't wanna clog up this thread w non-am issues.  I've got some leads to follow up on from other sims sites, so I'll figure it out eventually.
Ayrell
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #799 on: 2012 August 02, 19:34:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason TS2-Aging does not seem to be working in my game. I set it up on the configuration file, and "showconfig" says it is activated, but all the sims in the world keep aging, not only my active family. Is there anything I should keep in mind that I might be missing?

I have the latest version of AM and do not have Twallan's SP installed, only some of his other mods (Master Controller, Overwatch, etc.).
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: