More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:04:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 67 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread  (Read 1474942 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #675 on: 2012 April 14, 16:01:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a very unusual error, since it's not supposed to ever happen, and is buried in the bowels of an EAxian function. I cannot think of any feasible reason this should happen, since it represents a violation of a basic structural rule of the game. This means something is wrong with your neighborhood.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #676 on: 2012 April 14, 19:21:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shower in a Can no longer grants the Soaked moodlet.  Neither does intentionally soaking a Sim in a dive well for that matter.
Thetys
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #677 on: 2012 April 21, 11:59:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello,

I have got a problem with partly freezing user interfaces. It only happens when awesomemod is installed and it seems to related to households with at least one baby in it.
I am only using the base game.

The exact symptomes are:
- The small pictures an the left side all get the light inner frame which signalles the Sim currently selcted, when you click through your Sims. It disappeares after a while so only the selected Sim has the light frame but if you select another Sim it happens again.
- The big Sim-picture in the UI and the wishes panel does not chance on selecting another sim.
- I can still click through the UI tabs but on selecting another Sim the relationships, inventory, oppotunities, lifetime points and needs panel do not change while the Simology and skills still change.
- The moodlets are not changing on selecting another Sim but they count down.
- Otherwise I can go into build/buy mode and into map view and the problem still exitsts even when I change the household though I can use the sim played normally. Though when I change the household the little icons on the left side still show the old household and do not adapt.

The problem might be related to the following NRaas ErrorTrap message when I reset the whole town with NRaas MasterController:

System.NullReferenceException: A null value was found where an object instance was required.
#0: 0x0013d throw      in Awesome.Awesome.Motivator:Update (Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.Autonomy) ([1D5E7620] )
#1: 0x00003 ret.void   in Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.Autonomy:Update () ()
#2: 0x00000 superop    in Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.Autonomy:RunAutonomy (bool) (1D5E7620 [1] )
#3: 0x00004 pop        in Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.Autonomy:TryFindBestAction () ()
#4: 0x0002a leave.s    in Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.AutonomyManager:Simulate () ()
#5: 0x00027 leave.s    in ScriptCore.ScriptCore.ScriptProxy:Simulate () ()

P.S.: Please excuse possible grammar and spelling errors, the mixture of Britisch and American spelling, phrrasing, etc. as English is not my mother tongue. Feel free to correct me.

EDIT: Correction, it does not only happen in households with babies. Now it happend in a household with 2 YA and one toddler.
« Last Edit: 2012 April 21, 13:41:39 by Thetys » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #678 on: 2012 April 21, 18:10:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shower in a Can no longer grants the Soaked moodlet.  Neither does intentionally soaking a Sim in a dive well for that matter.
That's mighty peculiar, since nothing was changed there in ages. Is your sim dressed in swimwear parts or something? The swimwear category doesn't give this moodlet.

The problem might be related to the following NRaas ErrorTrap message when I reset the whole town with NRaas MasterController:
The error trap message doesn't mean anything since resetting the town is supposed to cause a reset exception, although why it traps is unclear.

I have got a problem with partly freezing user interfaces. It only happens when awesomemod is installed and it seems to related to households with at least one baby in it.
I am only using the base game.
Your UI error, however, is just kind of mysterious. Does it happen in just your specific neighborhood, or in any neighborhood? No one else has reported this, I can't reproduce it, and something this serious would have been a dealbreaker. Are you SURE that this is the only thing installed?

EDIT: Correction, it does not only happen in households with babies. Now it happend in a household with 2 YA and one toddler.
That's very odd. Does this affect clean stock-game neighborhoods as well, or just your oddball neighborhood? If this happens in a "clean" base neighborhood, send save.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #679 on: 2012 April 21, 21:48:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The error trap message doesn't mean anything since resetting the town is supposed to cause a reset exception, although why it traps is unclear

As I understand it errortrap traps everything so that it can be used in any incompatabilty testing that may be needed to run when you upgrade your game. Unimportant errors get their notifications turned off as and when they are deemed officially unimportant (again). Maybe Thetys is using an old/testing version of errortrap?

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Miwakooo
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #680 on: 2012 April 22, 00:46:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use CCMagic to start Sims 3 with my Mods.
Since a week I get the message, that awsomemod is not compatible with the new game version.
I tried it out, awsomemod is the mod, that makes this error. Without it my game still works.
I have installed Sims 3 with World Adventures, Ambitions and Pets.

Can you help me?
Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #681 on: 2012 April 22, 22:25:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's mighty peculiar, since nothing was changed there in ages. Is your sim dressed in swimwear parts or something? The swimwear category doesn't give this moodlet.

No, they are in regular clothes.  I checked with nothing but Awesome loaded to be sure it wasn't tight pants, and, barring save weirdness, that wasn't the case.
Miwakooo
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #682 on: 2012 April 26, 16:16:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since 5 days I wait for an answer. Please help!  Cry
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: 2012 April 26, 16:19:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since 5 days I wait for an answer. Please help!  Cry

Don't use CC magic on mods.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Miwakooo
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #684 on: 2012 April 26, 16:43:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have installed all mods manually. And I use CCMagic only to sort them.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #685 on: 2012 April 26, 19:38:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since a week I get the message, that awsomemod is not compatible with the new game version.

You do realise that AM only works with the latest game version, don't you?  If the versions are different, then maybe, just maybe you need to find the right game version to go with the current AM.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Turd Ferguson
Blathering Buffoon

Solving mysteries in a van

View Profile
« Reply #686 on: 2012 April 26, 23:22:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello again. I've been getting those wonderful little CTDs again. And while they've been a bit less prevalent, I get a crash caused by a "Corrupt Save Game" that doesn't make sense since I've been able to reload the exact same save that crashed and continue playing for hours without incident. I've heard somewhere using "Save As..." rather than regular saving method helps,  but I can't confirm. I have the error report right here if needed.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2b0sro4ixarh6tb

I'd love if this could be fixed, since I've gone quite a ways with this save and would hate to have to start over.

"There's a deep-seated paranoia that Americans have about not being Americans or something." - Billy Joel

"The problem with this country is that old fucks vote. We got shit to do, old folks don't, the only thing they have to do is judge you and vote." - Doug Stanhope
YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #687 on: 2012 April 27, 02:19:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello again. I've been getting those wonderful little CTDs again. And while they've been a bit less prevalent, I get a crash caused by a "Corrupt Save Game" that doesn't make sense since I've been able to reload the exact same save that crashed and continue playing for hours without incident. I've heard somewhere using "Save As..." rather than regular saving method helps,  but I can't confirm. I have the error report right here if needed.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2b0sro4ixarh6tb

I'd love if this could be fixed, since I've gone quite a ways with this save and would hate to have to start over.

Provided that you can load up the old corrupted save, you don't have to start over. For example: All you have to do is click "Save As..." and then you change your file name from ABC to ABC1. If you get another crash and it comes up as a corrupt save, load up your old save and name it to ABC2—and so on and so forth. It works for me.

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life—music and cats." ~Albert Schweitzer

"Happy people can be so cruel."
~ Claudia of Silent Hill 3.
Miwakooo
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #688 on: 2012 April 27, 06:00:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did not update my game. Suddenly I got that message. I downloaded AM again, but the problem did not go away.
Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #689 on: 2012 April 27, 13:02:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did not update my game. Suddenly I got that message. I downloaded AM again, but the problem did not go away.
Awesomemod is updated to the latest patch. Always. ALWAYS. ALWAYS. This means your game must be updated to the latest patch in order to use Awesomemod. Previous versions of Awesomemod are unsupported. How many times does this need to be said?

"[M]embers of MATY do not realize how badly they are perceived by society, and that people are secretly mocking them in silence." -- cwurtz
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #690 on: 2012 April 27, 14:17:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It could be in giant, flashing neon letters at the top of every page and we'd STILL get 9,000 "WRY AWESOMEMOD NO WERK!?!?!?!??!!??   Cry Huh Shocked Embarrassed" posts.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Turd Ferguson
Blathering Buffoon

Solving mysteries in a van

View Profile
« Reply #691 on: 2012 April 29, 01:19:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

when my teen sims go interact with adult sims romantically (they were bf and gf before one of them aged up), the game crashes to desktop.

Because you're a pedo.

"There's a deep-seated paranoia that Americans have about not being Americans or something." - Billy Joel

"The problem with this country is that old fucks vote. We got shit to do, old folks don't, the only thing they have to do is judge you and vote." - Doug Stanhope
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #692 on: 2012 April 29, 03:41:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Send the offending save and I will take a look. It shouldn't be happening unless you've damaged the files, though.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #693 on: 2012 April 29, 20:12:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, you. And there's no 17. You are 12.

poopyseedmuffin
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #694 on: 2012 April 30, 23:48:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, you. And there's no 17. You are 12.
had to make a new account cause i forgot my pw XD this is the same person as KeyLimePie. I have no idea how to send you the save file that's causing my game to crash.
nikkiforest
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #695 on: 2012 May 01, 00:52:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

had to make a new account cause i forgot my pw XD this is the same person as KeyLimePie. I have no idea how to send you the save file that's causing my game to crash.
Search moar.

INF/TP
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #696 on: 2012 May 01, 03:39:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Search moar.

@nikkiforest: I bet you used to taunt people from behind the bully at school, didn't you? I don't know who the fuck you are but I'm a little tired of seeing your sycophantic posts every five minutes. Enough.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
MizzCerise
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #697 on: 2012 May 01, 18:44:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As much as I hate to be this guy, I'm at the end of the road here. With my current family, I get the crash after about 2 Sims days. Switched to random townie while the purge began. I have done everything in the crash check list, ran every Twallan and Delphy mod, same result. I've even done some of the more obscure voodoo methods to fix the issue. It all comes down to AM.
Sim day starts late Weds. night, crash by Friday. I'm up to date in all patches and AM package. So, I ran the game with AM out, no crash. But of course without AM mods, the game is unbearable in it's own right and useless to me as a tool of fun. And here I sit for 2 weeks on workers comp. and nothing to do with my useless injured time...any thoughts?
poopyseedmuffin
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #698 on: 2012 May 01, 22:00:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it's not just one save. it's all my saves. they all crash when i have a teen sim try to even compliment an adult sim's appearance. It's AM, not my game.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #699 on: 2012 May 01, 22:18:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

they all crash when i have a teen sim try to even compliment an adult sim's appearance.

Stop complimenting adults then.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: