More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:10:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 67 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread  (Read 1475140 times)
TapThatBooty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #650 on: 2012 April 01, 03:36:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The 'maxmotives' cheat no longer works after switching households using the CTRL + Click interaction. Switching households also seems to disable the right clicking centering of a sim when right clicking on the portrait in the relationship panel. I have all EPs and SPs and I'm up to date.
Noromarc
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #651 on: 2012 April 01, 03:39:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having cursor issues with the latest version. I'm patched up to 1.33. The cursor (...) shows as grayed out pointer, or as feet, or even the forbidden symbol.

Varmint, with Awesomemod installed, could you please try clicking and dragging an interactive object in a community lot (or anywhere other than current Sim's lot) and confirm if your game crashes? I have been testing and besides the previous CTD, the game also crashes to desktop when haphazardly dragging an object from the inventory of a Sim. It is also likely to CTD when issuing orders to playable Sims if the cursor moves a pixel in any direction while the left-button is pulsed.
Kasmira
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #652 on: 2012 April 01, 03:55:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This has been happening to me for a while now, but since I reported it last I was able to update my computer to something a little nicer.  It seems that when I have AM installed, my sims will not do random things around the house on their own.  SC is fine and all, but it constantly tries to make them bathe the pets when put on random.  Without SC, they just stand there and will not even perform basic self maintenance even when on 100% free will.  Sometimes I just want my sims to be...  Well...  Sims.  Smiley  Is there something I'm overlooking?  I love AM, but I also want the option to have my peoples just be random.

Otherwise, no issues...  Thank you, Pes.
varmint
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #653 on: 2012 April 01, 04:08:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having cursor issues with the latest version. I'm patched up to 1.33. The cursor (...) shows as grayed out pointer, or as feet, or even the forbidden symbol.

Varmint, with Awesomemod installed, could you please try clicking and dragging an interactive object in a community lot (or anywhere other than current Sim's lot) and confirm if your game crashes? I have been testing and besides the previous CTD, the game also crashes to desktop when haphazardly dragging an object from the inventory of a Sim. It is also likely to CTD when issuing orders to playable Sims if the cursor moves a pixel in any direction while the left-button is pulsed.

I did this, took a boombox and a picnic basket to the park and was able to drag them around on the ground and in and out of inventories with no problems, no crashes. My cursor just doesn't display the correct icons on most interactable objects.

EDIT: After re-reading your instructions I did experience a CTD by leaving the playable sims on their home lot, scrolling my camera over to the nearest park and click-dragging on chess tables. Restarted and was able to repeat the CTD the same way.
« Last Edit: 2012 April 01, 04:30:37 by varmint » Logged
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #654 on: 2012 April 01, 07:58:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This has been happening to me for a while now, but since I reported it last I was able to update my computer to something a little nicer.  It seems that when I have AM installed, my sims will not do random things around the house on their own.  SC is fine and all, but it constantly tries to make them bathe the pets when put on random.  Without SC, they just stand there and will not even perform basic self maintenance even when on 100% free will. 

'Random Crap' is working fine for me.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #655 on: 2012 April 01, 08:21:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Random Crap basically just runs the EAxis autonomy when there's nothing else to do. Predictably, the actions chosen will lack any sense of purpose or appropriateness. If you don't care about that, then go ahead and use that setting...but otherwise, maybe you should select an actual goal.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #656 on: 2012 April 01, 15:26:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure what is causing this which is why I'm posting it here.
Every so often the sting for picking up a collectable will play multiple times without my Sims having gone anywhere near a collectible item.
So far I have noticed it when initially playing a save file from a previous version of AM and then some time during the night. It can play anywhere from 3 to 10 times before it stops. The sound isn't continuous, there is usually a pause between each play of a few seconds.
If I had SC enabled then I would expect this when other Sims went out collecting stuff but I have never made use of SC, ever.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #657 on: 2012 April 01, 15:53:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's actually a generic sound effect used for many things in the game, so most likely, a non-playable sim is performing some StoryMode action in the background that causes this sound effect to play. Since AwesomeStory actually makes sims do things, things that EA might not have expected, and therefore did not put a squelch in for the sound effect when performed by a non-active sim, you may get odd sound notifications that play when this occurs.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #658 on: 2012 April 01, 16:14:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah right. I've encountered it with the profession promotion sting before and rightly (it seems) assumed that it was because AM was allowing non-played Sims to join professions, gain performance and then promotions.
This is the first time I've come across it with the "collectible" sting though which is what made me question it.
butters
Asinine Airhead

drop that sack

View Profile
« Reply #659 on: 2012 April 01, 23:16:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got a flagrant system error today. It's never happened to me before so I'm not totally familiar with it. I'm not sure what caused it, but I took a picture with print screen so you guys can decipher it.

I have all EPs and my game patched to 1.33. I wasn't playing with the most recent version of AM, I have the previous one. The one created on March 23rd. Should I update to the new one?
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #660 on: 2012 April 02, 02:08:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wasn't playing with the most recent version of AM, I have the previous one. The one created on March 23rd. Should I update to the new one?

Yes.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
TapThatBooty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #661 on: 2012 April 02, 06:28:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just an update on the maxmotives problem. I was playing today and I stuck with one family. I went to use the cheat again and it had stopped working again. I'm now wondering if it could be something to do with the Live Venues for Showtime. It's a bit of a confusion though because I had a few shows in the same place during this playthrough and it only stopped working at the end of my session. On the last occasion the cheat went back to normal after I reloaded the game. I imagine that it will do the same thing again this time.

Also, and I don't know if this is AM related, but I've noticed that Sims become stuck on the same lot for days on end. One of my Sims graduated and there was a crowd (about 27 Sims) on the same lot. I went by it a few Simdays later and the crowd was still there outside the town hall. This is happening in a few other lots where the same Sims will remain there for days at a time. For the 20-odd Sims at the town hall, I ended up using the ResetSim * to get them all away.
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

Less awesome than some of you

View Profile
« Reply #662 on: 2012 April 03, 18:19:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can confirm that the game doesn't crash when story progression and aging are disabled. It's completely unplayable otherwise (5-15 minutes before it crashes).
GallifreyanWitch
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #663 on: 2012 April 03, 21:05:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi.

For some reason it says that awesome mod is out of date (as of sometime in late march this year) - yet I see no update on the main download page...
When I 'ignore' the warnings the game launches etc normally, but as soon as it's all loaded it tells me that awesome mod is out of date and closes the program.

Any help greatly appreciated
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #664 on: 2012 April 04, 02:07:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FFS, just download another AM.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #665 on: 2012 April 04, 17:38:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed a problem with the criminal career. When you start working at 9 PM the sim is stuck in "going to work" status and it only switches to "working" after midnight.
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #666 on: 2012 April 04, 18:29:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed a problem with the criminal career. When you start working at 9 PM the sim is stuck in "going to work" status and it only switches to "working" after midnight.
Is this every day or just when they get promoted to the next level? Because that's what happens in my game and has been like that since at least Late Night. I can't remember whether Sims were actually supposed to get a day off after being promoted and that Awesome removes this behaviour or whether it's a problem with the game itself, but work performance should be back to normal on the second day after a promotion.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #667 on: 2012 April 04, 18:40:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The sim will be stuck going to work until the boss sim shows up to work. I reset the boss sim when they don't show up for a long time in case they are stuck somewhere and that fixes it, though usually they show up after a few minutes and I use that time to "take it easy" to build up fun if they need it since you can't do anything else.

This is not AM related, but an EA bug.
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #668 on: 2012 April 04, 19:30:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this every day or just when they get promoted to the next level? Because that's what happens in my game and has been like that since at least Late Night. I can't remember whether Sims were actually supposed to get a day off after being promoted and that Awesome removes this behaviour or whether it's a problem with the game itself, but work performance should be back to normal on the second day after a promotion.

No, it only happens when the previous shift ends on the same day, promotion or no promotion.
The sim will be stuck going to work until the boss sim shows up to work. I reset the boss sim when they don't show up for a long time in case they are stuck somewhere and that fixes it, though usually they show up after a few minutes and I use that time to "take it easy" to build up fun if they need it since you can't do anything else.

The boss is working fine. It must be tied to the shift spanning over two different days.

I'm also getting lab coat spam from the lab station - a new work outfit being added every time the station is used. I know it's an EA bug, but they never care.
Bandit
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #669 on: 2012 April 05, 14:20:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This has been happening to me for a while now, but since I reported it last I was able to update my computer to something a little nicer.  It seems that when I have AM installed, my sims will not do random things around the house on their own.  SC is fine and all, but it constantly tries to make them bathe the pets when put on random.  Without SC, they just stand there and will not even perform basic self maintenance even when on 100% free will.  Sometimes I just want my sims to be...  Well...  Sims.    Is there something I'm overlooking?  I love AM, but I also want the option to have my peoples just be random.

Otherwise, no issues...  Thank you, Pes.
Like Kasmira, I am also having this issue. I've tested it with and without CC, and narrowed it down to AwesomeMod. Sims act like they are set to no autonomy at all time. This results in them standing in the same place doing nothing, even if they are starving or have other needs issues.
YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #670 on: 2012 April 08, 00:49:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am posting this very reluctantly. I installed Showtime on the 5th of April, and I have been extensively experimenting in hope of fixing this on my own, but I have failed. I am thinking it must be AwesomeMod's doing. Other than furniture and deco stuff installed through the Launcher, I've tried playing vanilla (cleared caches and all) with just AwesomeMod and NRaas Error Trap,  I've also tried playing new games and new saves both with and without AwesomeMod...but within the first two minutes or so of loading the game—it crashes, but only when AwesomeMod is in. Speeding up time can hasten the crash, but so can doing completely different things each time. I don't have the slightest idea of what's causing it! As of yesterday, I had the latest version. I just now finished up another test by adding back all of my CC and mods, sans AwesomeMod—no crashes.
I created a log of all of my crashes. They are all access violations with differing end numbers. If you would like to see them all, please tell me.

EDIT: This is now the most recent crash log I have. It was taken with just AwesomeMod, Awesome Config, Error Trap, and NoIntro in place.

Processor Name: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1055T Processor
  Processor Architecture: AMD64
      Graphics Processor: AMD Radeon HD 6570 (1 GiB)

Games Installed:
 Custom Content: Yes (3 found)

[UNKNOWN] 4/7/2012 8:45:43 PM
     OS Version: 6.1.7601
       TS3 Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe
    TS3 Version: 0.1.0.34
  Installed RAM: 8.00 GiB
    TS3 Free VM: 2.65 GiB / 4.00 GiB
     Crash Type: ACCESS_VIOLATION writing address 0x00000008
  Crash Address: 0x00c7e223 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe":0x0001:0x0087d223
« Last Edit: 2012 April 08, 00:57:20 by YoungOldPrude » Logged

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life—music and cats." ~Albert Schweitzer

"Happy people can be so cruel."
~ Claudia of Silent Hill 3.
cuthbert
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #671 on: 2012 April 08, 21:47:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not exactly a bug report, but newly uploaded AM zip file contains only newly updated manual along with 31th March AM. Is this intended?

Ah, never mind. I checked the tips thread and got it.
« Last Edit: 2012 April 08, 21:53:28 by cuthbert » Logged
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #672 on: 2012 April 13, 18:16:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got a flagrant system error today. I have all EPs and my game patched to 1.33. I use the most recent version of AM. The one created on March 31.

Edit: Pic removed.
« Last Edit: 2012 June 10, 17:35:32 by Havelock » Logged
unknownlUser
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #673 on: 2012 April 14, 08:19:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the most recent version of AM. The one created on March 31.
Liar! Liar! and then blahdewhateva.
AM's most recent is Apr-something. If only people could check for this "latest" or "most recent" before they go making statements like these.
snabul
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #674 on: 2012 April 14, 11:06:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For me is today (April, 14.) the same version the most recent (that from 31st of March).
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: