More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:35:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 67 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread  (Read 1474974 times)
kjjnesb
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #600 on: 2012 March 19, 18:31:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ctrl Click on a Sims portrait in the relationship panel is no longer giving me the option to select sim but deleting the portrait from the panel.
Callista
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #601 on: 2012 March 19, 20:36:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having a very odd problem with the latest version--Sims can't get the "soaked" moodlet; not from dive wells or shower in a can, nor mummies from showers. I checked to be sure; it happens with AM and no other CC, but if I remove AM then Sims can get soaked again.

Also, I don't know if this is related, but I'm also having random crashes every 15-20 minutes; again, happens with AwesomeMod and no other CC, stops without AwesomeMod. The crash log analyzer says it's due to CC. Troubleshooting, anyone?

ETA: It seems to work fine if I disable all the options on the configuration tool; the crashes stop but Sims still remain bone-dry. I can live without the "soaked" moodlet. I'll have to narrow down which option is causing crashes when I have some time; maybe something conflicts with something else. Apparently this isn't happening to other people, so I guess the bug is on my end, but if anybody knows about what might be going on here, I'd appreciate the info.
« Last Edit: 2012 March 20, 19:13:38 by Callista » Logged

Officially Weird
cuthbert
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #602 on: 2012 March 20, 08:00:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know whether this bug existed before 'cause I've never used SC on a sim with a profession, but here it goes ... One of my sim is a PI working on a case, and he has to question 3 sims about some missing wallet. It is early morning so I decide to let him learn a gardening skill rather than housecalling for questioning. But when I activate SC on him and select 'skill: gardening' tone, he runs to some neighbor's pet horse and continuously tries to ask it about wallet.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #603 on: 2012 March 20, 12:26:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There, I fixed it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RebelRed
The Evil Psycho
Feckless Fool

No fucks given

View Profile
« Reply #604 on: 2012 March 20, 14:01:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know whether this bug existed before 'cause I've never used SC on a sim with a profession, but here it goes ... One of my sim is a PI working on a case, and he has to question 3 sims about some missing wallet. It is early morning so I decide to let him learn a gardening skill rather than housecalling for questioning. But when I activate SC on him and select 'skill: gardening' tone, he runs to some neighbor's pet horse and continuously tries to ask it about wallet.

I want video of this! That is fucking awesome.

meh.
Callista
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #605 on: 2012 March 20, 19:10:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very much like the way PIs usually roll the want to question their newborn babies...

Wouldn't be surprised if the horse thing is an EA bug that AM has to compensate for. They're known for randomly thinking of non-sim objects as valid Sims. You know, remote-controlled cars, random babies, and apparently horses.

Officially Weird
cuthbert
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #606 on: 2012 March 20, 21:35:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado already fixed this. Now my PI can actually get information from horses. I love this update!
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #607 on: 2012 March 20, 22:15:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, this is obviously an indication of my slide into conformative thinking. When he said he'd fixed it I immeadiately thought he'd excluded horses, etc, from even being asked. Silly me.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #608 on: 2012 March 20, 22:42:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if this is an AM bug:  After patch 1.32, my Sim's (arr'ed) Store hairstyle defaulted to some base game fug -- but the same hairstyle is still usable in CAS. 

Is this because of EA's attempt to keep CC from transfering, even though I've never used Simport?  Can it be fixed, Pes?

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
RebelRed
The Evil Psycho
Feckless Fool

No fucks given

View Profile
« Reply #609 on: 2012 March 21, 00:47:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado already fixed this. Now my PI can actually get information from horses. I love this update!

I'm still giggling.  This is why Pescado is the shit.  Love it.

meh.
Cheetah
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #610 on: 2012 March 21, 01:07:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll have to narrow down which option is causing crashes when I have some time; maybe something conflicts with something else. Apparently this isn't happening to other people, so I guess the bug is on my end, but if anybody knows about what might be going on here, I'd appreciate the info.

I also got random crashes after 15 - 30 minutes into the game. The crashlog analyzer always tells unknown, so I first thought it's a hardware issue, but I checked my RAM just now and it's fine. Other games also work fine. So I'm gonna try the same thing you did and post here again. Maybe there is a combination of options, which don't combine well.
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #611 on: 2012 March 21, 02:47:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Make sure EVERY MOD is up to date.  I found out that my random crashes were caused by an old rule of six.   Tongue
Heinel
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #612 on: 2012 March 21, 04:58:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone else playing with Genies find that SC cannot move them around properly? They have a special Genie glide instead of running that awesome mod doesn't seem to be able to utilize.

Also, maybe more feature request than bug but they can summon food, so SC shouldn't send them to cook.
anberu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #613 on: 2012 March 21, 06:34:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having frequent crashes, too. Only mods are 3/20 AwesomeMod, Showtime reg rewards, unlocked stage props, unlocked Showtime CAS, patched to 1.33.

It may be relevant, I'm not sure, but I had the config set to auto save (30 minutes), but the saves weren't being made. The crashes might have been happening when AM tried to auto save, but I didn't note the time.

[edit] I removed the config file, and still had a crash after about 35 minutes of play.
« Last Edit: 2012 March 21, 14:31:20 by anberu » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #614 on: 2012 March 21, 15:23:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone else playing with Genies find that SC cannot move them around properly? They have a special Genie glide instead of running that awesome mod doesn't seem to be able to utilize.

Also, maybe more feature request than bug but they can summon food, so SC shouldn't send them to cook.
I don't have any in my game, so provide a save with one so I can test.

I'm having frequent crashes, too. Only mods are 3/20 AwesomeMod, Showtime reg rewards, unlocked stage props, unlocked Showtime CAS, patched to 1.33.
Can you zero on the crashing at all? Try to get a save close to a crash and see if the crashing repeats itself. I am unable to replicate the crashing behavior.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
anberu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #615 on: 2012 March 21, 16:33:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you zero on the crashing at all? Try to get a save close to a crash and see if the crashing repeats itself. I am unable to replicate the crashing behavior.

I saved about 5 minutes or so before a crash; when I got back to the point where it had crashed, it didn't crash again. Nothing specific seems to be happening to cause it, other than half an hour of continuous playtime.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #616 on: 2012 March 21, 21:35:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to have serious problems with Sims crashing and I tracked it down to heat disapation. Even though I use the Frame Limiter, and nothing shows up as extreem when I use a third party monitor program, I need to play Sims with the side off of my computer. My Aunt has to do the same thing.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #617 on: 2012 March 22, 01:57:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I ran a search for any possible issues and fixed one possible thing, although I'm not sure why that would have crashed it at random. No other decompile issues were found, so not sure what else it would be at the moment.

anberu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #618 on: 2012 March 22, 04:18:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Played without AM today, no crashes. Put the new AM in, crash after about half an hour. I wish I had some details beyond that I could provide.
jesuisdvd
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #619 on: 2012 March 22, 17:35:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are the mod updated for 1.31, 32 or 33?  Huh
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #620 on: 2012 March 22, 18:21:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are the mod updated for 1.31, 32 or 33?  Huh

Yes.

This is not a bug. Try again.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #621 on: 2012 March 22, 18:36:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Played without AM today, no crashes. Put the new AM in, crash after about half an hour. I wish I had some details beyond that I could provide.

What method are you using to install the mods, old or new?  It may be nothing, or it may be just coincidental, but when my crashes started with 1.29, I changed the mod setup from the new documents system to the old, original system, and haven't had a crash yet.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
foxygator
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #622 on: 2012 March 22, 19:40:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Less of a bug and more of a "wtf do i do now?" moment.

Finally patched and updated my game and I keep seeing people here say that AM is 1.33 ready... but I can't seem to actually find the right file. The download thread hasn't been updated and I can't find anything that would tell me "here's the right file, dumbass".

So, can someone tell my dumb ass if the download thread is current even though the dates haven't changed? I know asking stupid questions here is going to get me stabbed and made fun of, but I can't help it anymore.
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #623 on: 2012 March 22, 19:43:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Finally patched and updated my game and I keep seeing people here say that AM is 1.33 ready... but I can't seem to actually find the right file. The download thread hasn't been updated and I can't find anything that would tell me "here's the right file, dumbass".

So, can someone tell my dumb ass if the download thread is current even though the dates haven't changed? I know asking stupid questions here is going to get me stabbed and made fun of, but I can't help it anymore.

Have you, I dunno, TRIED IT?

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
foxygator
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #624 on: 2012 March 22, 20:51:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you, I dunno, TRIED IT?

Of course I have. And it gives me the "very bad things could happen do you want to quit or continue" box. Thats why I'm wondering if I have the correctly updated file.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: