More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:15:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 67 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread  (Read 1474954 times)
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #500 on: 2012 February 26, 16:39:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sleep:

I just encountered that exact crash/error over the last few days (I am running Windows 7 64-bit so I don't think Windows is the issue), but only in one hood (four different saves). My other three do not have that issue - the only difference is that I used the "DestroyAllHumans" command in the one where the crashes occur. It was a brand new hood, so I made the exact hood and just manually deleted all households. I placed the same sims in the same lots and haven't crashed for two (real - not sim) days. Did you use that command?
Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: 2012 February 26, 16:46:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sleep, XP Home doesn't understand the /3G switch.  Basically, you're stuck giving Sims 3 2GB of RAM and it's not liking it.  Neverglade isn't helping.  Update your OS and your RAM or use smaller worlds with fewer memory-eating actions.
sleep
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: 2012 February 26, 22:44:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nec - no, I have never used that command.

PA - I don't understand the /3G switch either, though maybe I'll Google it now and find out. Is it the same thing as Large Address Aware? I already upgraded the RAM as far as I can, which did stop an earlier memory problem.

I'll move out some of the surplus family members - it was in the plan anyway, but I was trying to fix those crashes before playing seriously again. A smaller household may do the trick, and otherwise, perhaps Neverglade is not for me! Thanks for your help. 
Nec
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: 2012 February 27, 05:37:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nec - no, I have never used that command.

Well, back to the drawing board for me. Could be just a random bug that corrupts the hood. The hood with the crashes for me is Twinbrook. I never took AM out of my game so it might not be AM at all.
sleep
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: 2012 February 27, 06:18:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a query - removing Awesome definitely stops the crashes, putting it in definitely causes them. Using my normal amount of other CC (not masses, but some) does not result in crashes unless Awesome is also present If the problem is simply a limitation of XP Home, what is Awesome doing that the rest of the CC is not?

Nec
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: 2012 February 28, 06:45:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not a clue, but 1.29/Pets is so damn buggy that I wouldn't be surprised if it was a by-product of that. All the WA stuff is FUBAR from one or both of them. No fish transfers to/from vacation/hood, adventure board all messed up, etc. I can get the board to work with a LOT of work, but I gave up on the fish and just put spawners in the base hood. With the exception of a few letters/numbers, we had the same issue. I haven't had a single crash since I changed hoods, though. Only CC I have is AM, no autonomous sprinkler (hate that!), HP's texture replacers, and Ambular's Coffee Flavored Coffee.

Just to share, here's my error:

[Exception info]
date: 2012-02-24
time: 23.50.24
type: ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x31cd7433
address: 0x0064c173 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe":0x0001:0x0024b173

ETA: I have 6GB RAM and a 1GB GFX card, so I doubt the memory is a factor.
« Last Edit: 2012 February 28, 07:07:11 by Nec » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: 2012 February 29, 19:38:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have tried tracing the mystery crashes using extensive 50/50 patch diffing, but it ended up in a weird, nonsensical place, and when I tried messing with it, the problem just disappeared on its own, even when nothing was actually changed. I can only conclude that it's some kind of bizarre deep engine glitch, as none of the analyzers I've run it through find anything wrong. You can try "resetworld" and see if that makes it stop, perhaps something is just stuck in some kind of weird state.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
sleep
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: 2012 March 01, 01:17:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm willing to give that a go. Just enter it in the cheat box, presumably. I'll let you know if it helps.

Clampdairyola
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: 2012 March 04, 22:18:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello.

I have that same kind of issue. Awesomemod opens a window tells me there's a non-core issue with another mod which is not answering the way it should (translated from French by memory, sorry if it's not correct). But, thing is, I tested the game with ONLY the Awesomemod and NO OTHER package - as I had just reinstalled my games -  and it says just the same...

If I click "Quit" then it quits after the loading, and if I click "Ignore", it works fine until I try to enter the CAS. When I do, the game crashes.

(I have all extensions up to Master Suite Stuff)
If you're getting that particular message, it means your SimIFace file does not match the version AwesomeMod expects. This means one of 3 things:
1. You are using someone else's. Very few people modify that file. But you have no other packages.
2. You have the wrong version of either AwesomeMod or the game. Patch your game, update AwesomeMod.
3. Your files are corrupt.

I'm having the same issue. I'm running patch 1.31 and checked my files with Dashboard and no conflicts. I removed all cc (except AM) and Saved folders as well. Still get the non critical box and no content at all in game and crashing when going to buy/build/CAS. I don't know what a SimIFace file is, but I haven't added any new content other than Pets to my game since before it was released and that version (pre RIG patch) of AM worked fine. Could this be because I didn't install Origin?
sleep
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: 2012 March 05, 02:27:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have tried tracing the mystery crashes using extensive 50/50 patch diffing, but it ended up in a weird, nonsensical place, and when I tried messing with it, the problem just disappeared on its own, even when nothing was actually changed.

I've played several sessions of a couple of hours each in the last few days, adding Awesome back into my suite of CC (including other mods, from Twallan mainly). Interestingly, I have not had a crash. I did not use resetworld, and did not alter anything else as far as I know. Weird. But so far, so good.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: 2012 March 05, 17:50:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the same issue. I'm running patch 1.31 and checked my files with Dashboard and no conflicts. I removed all cc (except AM) and Saved folders as well. Still get the non critical box and no content at all in game and crashing when going to buy/build/CAS. I don't know what a SimIFace file is, but I haven't added any new content other than Pets to my game since before it was released and that version (pre RIG patch) of AM worked fine. Could this be because I didn't install Origin?

Very doubtful.  More likely because you didn't replace AM with the correct version for the 1.31 patch.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
xyanne
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: 2012 March 05, 18:39:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where can I get the correct version of Awesome for 1.31? I'm sorry if this was stated elsewhere but I can't seem to find it. Thanks!  Smiley
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: 2012 March 05, 18:49:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where can I get the correct version of Awesome for 1.31? I'm sorry if this was stated elsewhere but I can't seem to find it. Thanks!  Smiley

As it is still a test version, if you can't find it yourself, you probably shouldn't play with it.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
xyanne
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: 2012 March 05, 19:00:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You've been extremely helpful. FYVM
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: 2012 March 05, 19:21:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think baby needs its nap.  It's cranky.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Neowulf
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: 2012 March 05, 19:23:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a reason the test version is not readily available. Multiple, even. One, it means people won't just plop it into their games and complain about "WRY DIS NO WURK?" Two, if you're using the test version then you're expected to report issues that it seems to be causing. If you're not smart enough to find where it is, then you likely wouldn't be a font of good information.

Flowing with the go.
vitaee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: 2012 March 06, 02:38:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New game in Appaloosa Plains.  All expansions except Showtime.  All current patches as verified with the patch utility thingy from MTS.  Had the 3/5/2012 9:08am version of AM.  When I move a new family into a house and select to immediatle play it, I get an eternal loading prompt.  Verified for at least 10 minutes on two different tries.  Problem does not occur with no mods at all.  Does occur with just AM.  If it matters, I have Win7-64 with 4gb ram

Edit:  To clarify, the abovementioned version of AM is the test version.

Also, I saved a game that I was able start and play successfully for over an hour.  I then re-enabled AM, and no other mods, and was able to play successfully for over an hour.  So, I'm not able to start a new family with AM, but apparently am able to load and play a previously started family with AM.
« Last Edit: 2012 March 06, 05:17:17 by vitaee » Logged
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: 2012 March 06, 04:52:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New game in Appaloosa Plains.  All expansions except Showtime.  All current patches as verified with the patch utility thingy from MTS.  Had the 3/5/2012 9:08am version of AM.  When I move a new family into a house and select to immediatle play it, I get an eternal loading prompt.  Verified for at least 10 minutes on two different tries.  Problem does not occur with no mods at all.  Does occur with just AM.  If it matters, I have Win7-64 with 4gb ram

If you're patched to 1.31, the current version of Awesomemod won't work.  It's still at 1.29 until the 1.31 version comes out of testing.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
vitaee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: 2012 March 06, 05:18:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New game in Appaloosa Plains.  All expansions except Showtime.  All current patches as verified with the patch utility thingy from MTS.  Had the 3/5/2012 9:08am version of AM.  When I move a new family into a house and select to immediatle play it, I get an eternal loading prompt.  Verified for at least 10 minutes on two different tries.  Problem does not occur with no mods at all.  Does occur with just AM.  If it matters, I have Win7-64 with 4gb ram

If you're patched to 1.31, the current version of Awesomemod won't work.  It's still at 1.29 until the 1.31 version comes out of testing.

Sorry for the lack of clarity, but I am using the latest test version of AM.

BTW, is that the love chld of Newt Gingrich and Nancy Pelosi in your avatar??
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: 2012 March 06, 07:25:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I move a new family into a house and select to immediatle play it, I get an eternal loading prompt.  Verified for at least 10 minutes on two different tries.  Problem does not occur with no mods at all.  Does occur with just AM.  If it matters, I have Win7-64 with 4gb ram
Actions Taken: Opened fresh Appaloosa, selected existing fambly, hit play.
Result: Game loaded and entered Live Mode normally.

Actions Taken: Made Fambly of One Sim in CAS, placed on empty lot, hit play.
Result: Game loaded and entered Live Mode normally.

Actions Taken: Made Fambly Of One Sim in CAS, placed on non-empty lot, hit play.
Result: Game loaded and entered Live Mode Normally.

Verdict: Could not reproduce error.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: 2012 March 06, 14:40:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BTW, is that the love chld of Newt Gingrich and Nancy Pelosi in your avatar??

That is Newt Gingrich's head with Callista Gingrich's charming smile and warm, empathetic eyes.

E-double
Asinine Airhead

Aye!

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: 2012 March 06, 22:24:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just letting you know that I'm using the AM test with Showtime and all EPs & SPs installed. I'm not using any other mods and Sims won't sit down automatically to watch TV. They will just stand even when there was a valid chair/couch to sit on.  I removed AM test and they sat down to watch TV again.
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: 2012 March 06, 22:33:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I played for hours last night with the latest test version of AM -- no more crashes.  However, since the patch and new AM, something really bizarre is happening:  My Sim comes home from somewhere, and her bicycle just disappears into thin air.  It's not even in her inventory.  So I buy her a new bike, she rides it somewhere; and when she comes home, that bike disappears, too.  This happened three times, before I gave up.  Is she eating them, or possibly putting them so far up her ass, she can't get them out?

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: 2012 March 06, 22:56:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are disappearing bicycles an AM-exclusive thing, or does the bike not park without AM also?

Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: 2012 March 06, 23:21:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll try it without AM sometime tonight.  Do you think I should try without Twoftmama's STFU Bicycle mod, too?  It's supposed to be compatible with the patch.

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: