More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:32:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 67 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread  (Read 1475007 times)
sora
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #950 on: 2012 November 04, 02:06:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the 1.42 patch and no other content except for the test Awesome mod (which I download just before opening the game) and its config file game immediately crashes in CAS when you click the change traits button when creating a sim. I tried both creating a new sim in existing and new world just to check that it wasn't just a neighborhood gone bad but in both the second you touch the change traits button the game simply crashes to desktop. Without awesome mod you can choose traits just fine, though there is a short pause before the panel pops up. Randomizing the traits worked just fine also. I still have to test if it happens without the config file too, but I'll edit that info here then.
dragonheart
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #951 on: 2012 November 04, 02:28:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the 1.42 patch and no other content except for the test Awesome mod (which I download just before opening the game) and its config file game immediately crashes in CAS when you click the change traits button when creating a sim. I tried both creating a new sim in existing and new world just to check that it wasn't just a neighborhood gone bad but in both the second you touch the change traits button the game simply crashes to desktop. Without awesome mod you can choose traits just fine, though there is a short pause before the panel pops up. Randomizing the traits worked just fine also. I still have to test if it happens without the config file too, but I'll edit that info here then.

I am having this issue as well, and have tried without a config file to no avail. Still crashes when I click the choose traits button.
K_L_Carten
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #952 on: 2012 November 04, 07:57:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Installed the 1.42 no other mods, all was going fine for an hour or so.  Sim gave birth and after naming and before choosing traits game crashed.  I have seen a couple others talking about crashing in CAS while choosing traits.  Same problem as them, just a touch different and figured you might need to know. 
tatqoo
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #953 on: 2012 November 04, 08:57:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

me too, seems that the test version needs a fix on it :/
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #954 on: 2012 November 05, 14:46:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There, I fixed it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
mishka
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #955 on: 2012 November 13, 23:04:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I encountered a new bug after installing Seasons. Tested with just Awesome & the config (no store content, no hairs, etc) and the bug shows up in both new and old saves. I've also checked to confirm that I'm using the 11/05/2012 7:54 am version of the mod.

NPCs and ghosts cannot be interacted with. The ghost just stays stuck by their graves and NPCs arrive in their cars and then stand uselessly beside them until I force a reset, though sometimes the pizza delivery NPC takes my sims' money and leaves without handing over the pizza. I've tried to have my sims fire/dismiss/chat with the maid but the action always gets cancelled.

This bug doesn't appear in a modless game.
SendMeLies
Blathering Buffoon

See if I care.

View Profile
« Reply #956 on: 2012 November 14, 05:30:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Festival items don't spawn at all if AwesomeMod is running. Also, with ErrorTrap, not a single NPC shows up in game, and story driver goes nuts trying to spawn *any* NPC, got over 76 error messages. Without AwesomeMod NPCs and service sims show up normally.

[EDIT to add log and save]
Save folder.

« Last Edit: 2012 November 14, 12:59:24 by SendmeLies » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #957 on: 2012 November 14, 06:14:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not attaching the error is unhelpful. More information is required. Include a save where I can observe this effect, as I don't have any saves I can observe this in.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
mishka
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #958 on: 2012 November 14, 07:31:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Attached are a few of the error logs I got re: the NPCs. Here is the save those errors are from, though my festival stuff is spawning just fine.
« Last Edit: 2012 November 14, 12:56:37 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #959 on: 2012 November 14, 13:01:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fixed issue reported by Mishka: Possibly related to other issue as well. Don't have Seasons yet, so can't test at this time. Verify if issue goes away.

mishka
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #960 on: 2012 November 14, 15:54:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The issue is gone, thanks!
SendMeLies
Blathering Buffoon

See if I care.

View Profile
« Reply #961 on: 2012 November 14, 19:31:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Game is playable again, festival is working, NPCs are spawning and combusting spontaneously every 5 minutes on summer as intended by EA.
Yay!
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #962 on: 2012 November 14, 19:32:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are three things that I have noticed since 1.38 and that I have seen again with 1.42 (just the patch, no Seasons yet)

(1) Sims in the music careers lack a display of required instrument skill. The main tab only lists "Mood" and nothing else and the skill journal also has no instrument skill highlighted. The Sim I play has skill points in all instruments but piano is the highest. When he joined the career Piano was listed but after his first promotion the Piano skill requirement disappeared completely. I saw the same then with inactives that were higher up on the ladder.

(2) When ghosts are resurrected with Ambrosia and with AwesomeMod installed their walk styles remain that of ghosts, i.e. they still float. "resetwalkstyle" doesn't do anything and only Buzzler's mod can clear their walkstyles (but it hasn't been updated to 1.42 yet). At first I thought this a glitch in my particular save but I had started a second, vanilla game with 1.42 and there the walkstyle got properly reset with the first ghost. The second ghost that I resurrected in that same game with then AM installed again continued to float.
So, I have four resurrected ghosts that floated after eating Ambrosia in Awesome games and the fifth that didn't float anymore was the only one that ate it without AwesomeMod. Not very conclusive, I know, but it's a bit difficult to test this further in vanilla games.

(3) "dresser", "mirror" and "makeover" are just the default EA commands, aren't they? Because they suffer from the same bug like when doing it via the objects, namely that they change a Sim's age.
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #963 on: 2012 November 14, 20:01:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I create a new fambly in CAS, the "disableclothingfilter" command works just fine.  But when I'm playing a fambly and use that command, only custom clothing shows up in CAS.

This has been happening for some time now.  So is it a bug, or is it working as intended?

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #964 on: 2012 November 14, 20:11:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I create a new fambly in CAS, the "disableclothingfilter" command works just fine.  But when I'm playing a fambly and use that command, only custom clothing shows up in CAS.

This has been happening for some time now.  So is it a bug, or is it working as intended?

That sounds like the CustomClothingFilterIsDefault option in the config file, which would be working as intended.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #965 on: 2012 November 14, 20:20:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sounds like the CustomClothingFilterIsDefault option in the config file, which would be working as intended.

Nope.  I have that disabled.

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #966 on: 2012 November 15, 01:08:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If disableclothingfilter is on, then the game will start with the Custom Clothing Filter on. This is a safety measure: If you don't turn it on, the game will pretty much lock up and die as it tries to load EVERYTHING IN THE UNIVERSE all at once while you fumble for the category you want to reach. This feature therefore allows you to reach the right category you wish to edit without locking up CAS for 5-10 minutes. Trust me on this one. It is for your own good.

(1) Sims in the music careers lack a display of required instrument skill. The main tab only lists "Mood" and nothing else and the skill journal also has no instrument skill highlighted. The Sim I play has skill points in all instruments but piano is the highest. When he joined the career Piano was listed but after his first promotion the Piano skill requirement disappeared completely. I saw the same then with inactives that were higher up on the ladder.
Fixing.

(3) "dresser", "mirror" and "makeover" are just the default EA commands, aren't they? Because they suffer from the same bug like when doing it via the objects, namely that they change a Sim's age.
They're not default EA commands, but they just invoke the default behavior of the object...and it seems that EAxis managed to put that bug back AGAIN.
« Last Edit: 2012 November 15, 01:15:50 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #967 on: 2012 November 17, 23:29:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the excessive combustion rate of Sims is actually an AwesomeMod issue. I have one save that was created vanilla and as soon as I load it with AwesomeMod added an inactive Sim (Marty Keaton in Sunset Valley) will catch fire within a few minutes while at work in the stadium rabbithole. When I load that save without AM nothing happens. I tried this three times and the result was always the same. The only other mod I used was MasterController, which allowed me to search for Sims with certain moodlets.
Edana ni Emer
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #968 on: 2012 November 18, 05:29:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Up to date patch, Awesomemod, and Seasons.  The seasonal festivals and the weather seem to get... stuck. I'll have snow year-round even though it's summer and the temperature read-out says 75 degrees. I'll go to the park on Leisure Day and still have a haunted house. I can reset-to-current by save-exit-restart, but that gets kind of annoying.
Jayroo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #969 on: 2012 November 18, 06:05:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the excessive combustion rate of Sims is actually an AwesomeMod issue. I have one save that was created vanilla and as soon as I load it with AwesomeMod added an inactive Sim (Marty Keaton in Sunset Valley) will catch fire within a few minutes while at work in the stadium rabbithole. When I load that save without AM nothing happens. I tried this three times and the result was always the same. The only other mod I used was MasterController, which allowed me to search for Sims with certain moodlets.

Sims are catching fire in my game too.  It's interesting.  I'm using AwesomeMod, Overwatch, ErrorTrap and the Career Mod from Nrass.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #970 on: 2012 November 18, 09:11:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Examining the combustion issue now. Poofs should be testing it now.

vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #971 on: 2012 November 18, 11:47:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AM build 18/11/2012 2:13:07. Loaded the test save. Within several Sim minutes Marty Keaton catches fire and is booted out of the stadium rabbit hole, burning. 4 random Sims start to heat up. When the save loads there are no Sims in the neighbourhood with any temperature related moodlets. Without AM this situation remains as such.
I also noticed that on re-loading that save that sometimes random inactives do not heat up but begin feeling cold.
Here's a link to that save: http://www.mediafire.com/?dwfa50znmrwcjml (Sunset Valley, no cc used, mods are AM, nointro and MasterController)
What I do to reproduce the situation: active Sim is Christopher Steele, standing in his bathroom, I send him to recycle the newspapers and then watch TV. I check the inactives immediately after load-up: no Sims with temperature moodlets. By the time Steele is finished with recycling I check the inactives again: Marty Keaton is on fire and random townies either feel hot or cold. It is dark outside, by the way.

In another save I also found the two festival ground merchants catching fire. These should be immune to temperature effects.

On a related note: while playing with AwesomeMod and Overwatch, Overwatch deleted more than 15,000 cars every day at 3am. With only Overwatch the number went down to some 5,000. I also experienced massive lag when trying to switch households with ctrl-click and maptags only showed up for the area directly covered by my current screen. Moving the camera resulted in missing map tags for the new area and taking several seconds to appear.
Druscylla
Corpulent Cretin

Wicked Stepsister

View Profile
« Reply #972 on: 2012 November 18, 17:36:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also experiencing temperature extremes. Some sims are freezing and others immediately catch fire. The time seems to be stuck at 8:45 PM yet the sun remains out.
Maranatah
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #973 on: 2012 November 18, 17:58:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have rather extreme combustion happening pretty much in every world (all EA pre-mades), everyday 5-10 sims are burning no matter what the weather is. Even when it's pouring rain. Non-controllable sims are mostly just standing around even when freewill is maxed. And they won't change to outerwear even when it's freezing cold and snow up to their ears.
garavel
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #974 on: 2012 November 18, 20:38:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In cas:
If I randomize a sim who is suparnatural (I mean anything but human) the game freezes and have to quit.
as a workaround I can randomize the sim as a human and then select the supernatural state but yeah
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: