More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:37:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 67 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread  (Read 1474944 times)
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #925 on: 2012 October 05, 15:34:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tend to apply the House principle to most people who claim not to be using other mods, that is everyone lies.

Also known as, "MY 10,000 PEGGY HAIRS CANNOT POSSIBLY BE THE PROBLEM, BECAUSE HAIRS IS NOT MODS."

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #926 on: 2012 October 06, 10:50:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Under the influence of Supreme Commander my sims have started curing themselves of positive potion effects.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #927 on: 2012 October 07, 03:03:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ORLY? Which positive potion moodlets do they remove? I think this occurs partly because of how the moodlet zapper clears moodlets, and each such oddball moodlet that produces no mood still gets zapped even though it is not harmful. I've had to list such moodlets as special cases to ignore when determining whether or not to zap.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #928 on: 2012 October 11, 15:58:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gardening - and Overwatch...

I have never used Overwatch, only barely heard of it.   But it is recommended as a fix for my gardening problem.

My sims planted on a public lot, but as far as I can tell from ea posts from other people it's a problem on home lots as well.

The garden has grown to harvest.  I tell my sim either to Harvest or Tend Garden - either way, they do one plant, get a jump bug.  So it doesn't matter if I tell them to do the next plant, they drop the queue.

Also, it seems like plants are not harvesting again.  Nine days into a trip to China, the garden was planted on day 1 - and the apple, grape, tomato, lettuce only harvested once.  Now they always say they are in harvest mode but no fruit/veggies.

So, is there an awesome fix for this?   Can I run Overwatch with Awesomemod?   Should I just pester EA, which means I have to run cheat free which really blows.   This mod really IS AWESOME.

This is the Awesomemod Bug Report Thread, where you report bugs that are specifically caused by Awesomemod so the FOJ can fix them.  This is not where you report every itty bitty thing that goes wrong in your game and ask Pes to fix it.  Learn how to troubleshoot your game properly to find bad cc.  Also, learn to search; this has already been discussed and moved.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #929 on: 2012 October 11, 18:19:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whenever my sim finished reading a recipe book, at home, she would place it in her personal inventory, no problem there, however after placing the book into the inventory it multiplied and I had two copies of the book.  One in and two out.  A minor glitch which doesn't present a problem as such, but may be worth looking into at some time when you're fiddling around in that part of the code.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Clarina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #930 on: 2012 October 12, 21:52:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the making sacred isn't working for me. Without any other mods in that new Supernatural world Lunar-whatever-it's-called, I can't make even the family I'm playing sacred let alone any others because I can't even see any other lived in house tags in map view. I can click the make sacred but it won't actually do anything, no halo even.  I can switch houses, though, by selecting the + close up on a house and if it happens to be lived in I can click on a house and change to it, but only if I've been to the house first the old fashioned way. Otherwise I cannot select it. Don't know if you can help me as I can see this isn't a widely spread thing. Just thought I'd let you know anyways.

Edit: I'm patched and all that.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #931 on: 2012 October 12, 22:59:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What timestamp is on your awesomemod?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Clarina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #932 on: 2012 October 13, 19:25:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sept. 30th. If you need the actual time it's tricky because for some reason all my files show time 19:08 as time modified. Like all. If I update any file in the am it still shows time modified as 'today 19:08'. I haven't had time to investigate this further yet (I've got 5-month old triplets and a 2-year old). And in case you didn't really need all this extra info, sorry.
skittishagain
Tasty Tourist

I may be a bitch, just not yours!

View Profile
« Reply #933 on: 2012 October 15, 22:26:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We need an update for 1.39 QQ  

has awesome been updated for 1.39? or in testing, I have not played in months and I updated today and with the newest awesome mod installed my game wont even start the 1 st loading process, it just hangs.

I read where it was updated for 1.39, my patch ver is   1.39.3.018002. I have never had a problem with the game loading and I'm at a total loss.
« Last Edit: 2012 October 15, 22:46:14 by skittishagain » Logged
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #934 on: 2012 October 16, 00:06:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like framework fail also known as PEBKAC. It's working fine for me on 1.39.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #935 on: 2012 October 16, 06:00:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've always had that problem unless I do the weird voodoo of using the old framework with the .dll, even though my awesomemod is in the Mods folder with all the other user files, not in the install files. Fuck if I know why, I just go with it since the old framework won't hurt anything(seemingly).

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Clarina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #936 on: 2012 October 16, 21:34:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I've been trying the old framework and I've been trying the new and even a combo of both, each time I get the showconfig just fine but make sacred or track radar do not work.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #937 on: 2012 October 16, 23:03:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I've been trying the old framework and I've been trying the new and even a combo of both, each time I get the showconfig just fine but make sacred or track radar do not work.

For fuck sake, have you tried downloading AM again and see what happens?  It was fixed, and has been working just fine for me since.

vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #938 on: 2012 October 17, 10:00:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Two small issues that I've noticed with the most recent version of AM:
(1) Witch brooms that are "parked" in a stand always show up with the pink derelict vehicle tag and "No driver" in Map View. It does say correctly that these belong to the households in question. The hidden brooms that every witch has by default don't show up it's only those that have been bought in addition. It's most noticeable in Moonlight Falls in the Crumplebottom household as they own three brooms and two cars. I also made them active and assigned to each of them one broom to be their preferred vehicle, but it doesn't make any difference.
(2) NoGhostAging doesn't seem to work. I have it enabled but resident ghosts age normally like any other Sim. I haven't actively played a ghost household yet, but when I switched to the household in Moonlight Falls that contains that yellow transmutation ghost she had lost several days of her life span on my second visit.

Edit: I almost forgot a third issue that I haven't tested vanilla yet, however: before the Supernatural update when two members of a household owned a motorcycle or any other bicycle and I told them to "Go Here With..." they would both mount their vehicles and travel to their destination. Now they either take a taxi together or one uses the motorcycle while the other is left behind and drops the "Go Here" command as soon as the first one arrives. What method of travel they use seems to be random.
Both SmarterVehicleChooser and BetterVehicleDisembark have been disabled in my config file as this had been the exact same behaviour before when they were still enabled. Disabling these had fixed this issue in the past foe me, now it doesn't. But, as I said, I haven't played around with this enough to say anything more specific. I just noticed this change between 1.36 and 1.38.
« Last Edit: 2012 October 17, 10:14:08 by vorpal » Logged
Clarina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #939 on: 2012 October 17, 17:50:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For fuck sake, have you tried downloading AM again and see what happens?

I have. Thanks for the input.

edit: and reading the previous post it came to mind that all vehicles in the neighborhood show up as "no driver". And I have tested without other custom content with the recent version of am. I mean this isn't going to make me stop using it, but being able to make my families sacred would be, well, awesome.
« Last Edit: 2012 October 17, 20:22:20 by Clarina » Logged
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #940 on: 2012 October 18, 20:19:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For fuck sake, have you tried downloading AM again and see what happens?

I have. Thanks for the input.

edit: and reading the previous post it came to mind that all vehicles in the neighborhood show up as "no driver". And I have tested without other custom content with the recent version of am. I mean this isn't going to make me stop using it, but being able to make my families sacred would be, well, awesome.

You are obviously doing something wrong, because the make sacred works just as it did with the older versions.  When you bring up show config, note the date and time of the build and post it, as it seems very much like you are not using the latest version, or you have severely fucked something up.

Clarina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #941 on: 2012 October 20, 14:50:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

or you have severely fucked something up.

Time stamp is 09/30/2012  21:33:11  and that is what I'm worried about as this is what I get without any cc in game. Also changing files around I managed to actually fuck things up so that the old framework way stopped working at all, so I only get the AM to work within the new framework.  But the problems remain.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #942 on: 2012 October 23, 16:17:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Time stamp is 09/30/2012  21:33:11  and that is what I'm worried about as this is what I get without any cc in game. Also changing files around I managed to actually fuck things up so that the old framework way stopped working at all, so I only get the AM to work within the new framework.  But the problems remain.

In this case, maybe you should consider doing a reinstall, then start a fresh new game, not an old save, because the sacred functions works perfectly fine.

phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #943 on: 2012 October 23, 19:21:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As of the latest version (Sept. 30) I still can't get a sim to write horror novel. They pop right out. I've no other CC unless you count EA store hair/clothes/furniture.

INTP.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #944 on: 2012 October 24, 15:50:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As of the latest version (Sept. 30) I still can't get a sim to write horror novel. They pop right out. I've no other CC unless you count EA store hair/clothes/furniture.

No problems with AM + writing horror novels here.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #945 on: 2012 October 24, 21:17:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have a lot of problems (ones that no one else has) for someone with "no CC". Tight pants.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
Valerie
Asinine Airhead

My weiner's longer than your's.

View Profile
« Reply #946 on: 2012 October 28, 22:42:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like to have big families... I was hoping my oldest sim wouldn't disappear once we added another to the family, but she did. Sad Awesomemod has usually been so trustworthy with the 8+ sim thing. Maybe it's the pet thats throwing it off? I don't know.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #947 on: 2012 October 29, 05:40:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome enables #8+ - nobody here promised you pretty screens if you did it. Go see Twallen at NRAAS if you want your portaits to all stay visible.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #948 on: 2012 October 31, 18:21:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have a lot of problems (ones that no one else has) for someone with "no CC". Tight pants.

So then I take it EA store stuff can cause tight pants? I thought it was only amateur created stuff, like from Peggy or whatever. I appreciate your clarifying that, thank you.

INTP.
isabel_c
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #949 on: 2012 November 03, 22:21:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Playing a single sim in a new game for just over one week with 1.42 and the Nov 2 test version.  I haven't had a crash yet.  One bug that I have observed, which I suspect is EA's, is with meteor rocks.  When a sim is directed to collect one, anything in the queue after gets canceled.  Additionally, meteor rocks can no longer be analyzed; they can only be given as gifts or sold. 
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: