More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 12:00:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Game keeps generating elderly NPCs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Game keeps generating elderly NPCs  (Read 10450 times)
Leeoh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Game keeps generating elderly NPCs
« on: 2010 February 12, 16:03:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happens nearly every time I visit a community lot or open a home business; often after I closed the shop and everyone’s left. SimPe says they’re NPC Type 0040, is there a complete list somewhere? Last time I looked there were about 20 of them, now I re-installed the game after a long break and it’s still happening.
I have the EPs up to Pets, most of the stuff packs including M&G and all awesome noregen and antiredundancy type mods.

Help please?
cereus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Game keeps generating elderly NPCs
« Reply #1 on: 2010 February 17, 14:41:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This exact same thing is happening in my game.  And, I just had a sim open a toy store business.  I didn't make the connection. 

I hope this doesn't mean another re-install.  grrrrrrr....  Cry

Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 February 17, 18:22:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying to get an idea of what NPC this could be. Is the game producing the same one each time so that you have a bunch of clones, or are they different but still in the same category? Also, where do you see the type at in SimPE? I have a list of instance numbers, but I don't think this is what you're talking about. That would vary from game to game anyway.

cereus, reinstalling can usually be avoided, unless the game's base files been corrupted or erased. Just a guess, but I don't think that's the case here.
« Last Edit: 2010 February 18, 03:00:43 by Dragon Slave » Logged
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 February 17, 20:13:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's in Sim Description (SDSC), Plugin View, Other Tab, Misc: "NPC Type".

Here's a partial list:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=121728

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
cereus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 February 18, 01:33:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happens when my sim visits a community lot such as a bowling alley, restaurant, or nightclub.  The bartenders, waitress, etc remain adults, but the sims patrons are "all" elders. 

This is really difficult for my romance sims when they go "looking" for a dream lover.
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 February 18, 03:00:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting that 0x0028 is blank on that partial list.  Maybe that's where Nightlife left off so it would be a OFB NPC.  0x0029 is the business reviewer.  I can't find anything listed under 0x0028 in my neighborhood. 

Try taking everything out and running the game.  You might want to back up your neighborhood first if taking out the redundancy mods will cause a swarm of townies to spawn.
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 February 18, 16:44:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The list is clearly dated, but I haven't found anything more complete.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2010 February 18, 18:01:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Const 0x132 wasn't expanded in later EPs?

Is the obedience trainer from Pets an elder?  I've never summoned them, personally.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Leeoh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 February 18, 19:36:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I’ve found another partial list. Apparently they are witches. Never had AL installed so it’s probably because of M&G. Or faulty CC, I haven't tried taking it out yet. I'll probably just install AL  Tongue

Edit: This list: http://simpeforum.ambertation.de/forum/viewpost/30856#30856

Are witches supposed to be elder? Cereus which EPs have you got?
« Last Edit: 2010 February 18, 19:53:19 by Leeoh » Logged
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2010 February 18, 22:07:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My good witch NPC is an elder, but my bad witch NPC (and the backup one, whom I remember because she has the same name as my sister) are both adults.

AL did introduce some borken randomness when generating apartment townies though (until Pes made a fix they were all the same gender) so maybe it's a symptom of that.  On the other hand, there definitely shouldn't be 20 of them.

Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 February 18, 23:49:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so it's NPC type 0x0040.  At first I thought you meant 40 in decimal which would be 0x0028.  

I hate the witches with a passion.  I use Two Jeff's visitor controller as it enables banning of specific sims, but it doesn't keep the witches away (my pants are probably too tight).  They show up and have just enough time to slow shit in run-time by creating a thunderstorm before the controller kicks in and makes them go *poof*, or before I pause the game and delete them manually. I honestly can't remember what it's come down to, but it's annoying as hell.  I don't think the grand vampires show up even half as much as witches.

None of my witches are elders by the way.  If you're getting them without AL, you're probably getting some broken fragment of the real thing, so it would make sense that they lack the usual characteristics.  

Edit:

Here's a list I made for the ep's past nightlife.  There's a few gaps, but some might be missing from my game.

0x0029 Business Critic

0x002B Wolf
0x002C Leader of the Pack
0x002D Skunk
0x002E Animal Control
0x002F Animal Trainer
0x0030 Masseuse
0x0031 Bell Hop
0x0032 Unsavory Charlatan
0x0033 Tour Guide
0x0034 Wise Old Man
0x0035 Ninja
0x0036 ?
0x0037 Housekeeping
0x0038 Local Chef
0x0039 Fire Dancer
0x003A Witch Doctor
0x003C Food Judge
0x003D Genie

0x0040 Good Witch/Evil witch
0x0041 Break Dancer
0x0043 Human Statue
0x0044 Landlord
0x0045 Butler
0x0046 Hot Dog Chef
0x0047 Neutral Witch

0x00E9 ? (shows up as unknown)
« Last Edit: 2010 February 19, 02:24:26 by Dragon Slave » Logged
cereus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 February 19, 02:58:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have all the eps, stuff packs, and store items -- all installed.

This glitch started right after one of my sims bought the Inner Child Toys and Gifts in Bluewater Shopping District.

At first I wondered why my single sims, from other residentual lots, were encountering so many elders on community lots -- then I saw Leeoh's post.

This glitch surprises me -- OFB has been around for a while.  However, this glitch is a new one for me.  I hate it.

Sooo dreading the uninstall and reinstall process *** a-g-a-i-n ***. 
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2010 February 19, 03:06:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use Two Jeff's visitor controller as it enables banning of specific sims, but it doesn't keep the witches away (my pants are probably too tight).

Doesn't work for me either, and I have no conflicts at all.  Then again, I've had problems with VC that only seem to be explained by the fact that I never installed BV.

Sooo dreading the uninstall and reinstall process *** a-g-a-i-n ***. 

Why do you always assume that the only way to fix something is to reinstall?  JFC.  I've only ever reinstalled my game once, and yet it's had just as many glitches as everyone else's.

Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 February 19, 03:25:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here.  I've removed and filtered through my cc folders hundreds of times to catch conflicts, but the only time I reinstalled was when I somehow deleted game files through bodyshop.  I'm not even sure how I did it, I was running through it so fast, but then I turned the game on and all my NL downtownies were bald and naked.  Then it happened again and I lost my OFB clothing and hair.  Third time it affected Pets; I had animals with gaping holes in their heads where their ears were supposed to be.  Anyway, those were clearly cases of the original files being destroyed or erased.  Just about everything else that could go wrong relates to the folders in my documents.  Reinstalling is so unnecessary, but sheep swear it.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 February 19, 08:21:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's probably because it's what EA Tech always recommends as initial troubleshooting.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Leeoh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 February 19, 14:18:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry about the 40/0x0040 bit Dragon Slave, I’m pretty clueless about these things.
Thanks for the list!

They aren’t all elder, I deleted over 20 elders and maybe 3 or 4 adults which is even stranger. I’m hoping that installing AL will make the game recognise when there are enough of them. I will try banning them with the Business Controller first, haven’t thought of this.

I never had major problems with cc *knocks on wood*. I tried taking out all cc and later reinstalling once when I noticed that the coffee bar had disappeared, but then it turned out to be EA’s fault and fixed by downloading recolours.

Cereus maybe you have a different glitch with similar results. Mine don’t populate the lot, there’s only one at a time which never returns. Have you tried looking at what sort of NPCs or townies they are?
cereus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 February 19, 17:00:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, you're right.  They are "not" npc's.  They are "all" downtownies.  **sigh**
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 February 19, 18:45:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's probably because it's what EA Tech always recommends as initial troubleshooting.
  I guess it solves the problem since it wipes out the my documents folder as well.

Actually, you're right.  They are "not" npc's.  They are "all" downtownies.  **sigh**
I think you would benefit from paying this website a visit.
seriously, quotes imply irony when used like that; stop confusing me!

Leeoh, I think you're right, installing AL might be your best bet.  Besides most mods that would help would be AL compatible, and would probably cause problems in a non AL game.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2010 February 19, 22:03:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(Probably not in an M&G game, though, as it uses the same game engine.)

Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010 February 19, 22:55:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, okay.  I figured there would be errors when a mod called for resources that weren't present.  Mods that deal with specific npc's especially.  It couldn't hurt to try.  Leeoh, you might want to see if No More Witch culls the problem.  I think I've seen others that deal with witches specifically, but I'd have to hunt them down.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: