More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:38:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Got High End Loft Stuff two days early . . . for all the good it does me.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Got High End Loft Stuff two days early . . . for all the good it does me.  (Read 61904 times)
Sparks
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
Re: Got High End Loft Stuff two days early . . . for all the good it does me.
« Reply #25 on: 2010 February 01, 02:08:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm I seem to remember, since ye olde TS1 days well into TS2 days anyway, that they counted those things as well as walls and floors as objects too.

That would certainly be a worse situation for TS3 in that there is no need for new Walls and Floors because of CAST, and 5 new patterns doesn't really fill that void. Well, to me anyway. The only reason I'm inquiring about this is, in my 5 years of simming this is the first item I actually put my monies down on. I was thinking that it was about time but am still feeling like I'm not getting the value of this pack. Overall, 20 bucks is a small amount to pay for 5 years and 3 iterations of this game, but as far as this stuff pack is concerned, I feel I've wasted my money. Also, I read that thread on the BBS forum about some guy who got this pack early at a Walmart, registered it and got 1,000 free points. That 1,000 point award turned out to be the standard EA PHAIL (the website thinking that this guy was registering World Adventures and not a stuff pack) and will have since been fixed by the time the pack is released. That 1,000 points is what really convinced me to buy this pack and now that I don't get that, I'm super "eh" about the whole deal.

I Can Haz Portal 2?!
jecswp
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010 February 01, 02:08:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oi! there is a MODIFY button, you should use it in lieu of double posting.

Ick. I only see one hair that I like, and it looks like a peggy hair I already have. And that white suit looks like a tackier version of the one from WA... Is that... all? .. the outfits/hair?

And I'm not seeing aything modern about these outfits. The last female one reminds me of the 1950s for some reason.

It's the poodle skirtishness of it, I think. I want more historical meshes, personally. I, for one, am sick of crinolines and bell shapes - my pudding ladies need their panniers.

Sorry, I didn't think.  I saw Pescado's message as I was finishing up the first post.  I had to go look the numbers up, but I wanted to get it out there first.  It never occured to me to just modify the first post.  Won't happen again. 
I'm with you .  I was completely underwhelmed.  Especially with the hairs.  If I could think logically and wasn't compelled to buy every new SIMS product the day it comes out, I would have no problem waiting for AwesomeMod compatability issues to be resolved before purchasing this.  AM > High End Loft Stuff.
haifen
Crapsack
Retarded Reprobate

#hashtag

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010 February 01, 02:18:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no issue with historical clothing. It's just... this is supposed to be.. high tech. Not retro-tech. I was also very displeased with the 'victorian' store crap that gave one a ladies pair of PANTS!? Yet no skirts? Senseless. I think they need to hire some historical fashion expects before attempting to do any 'period clothing' again.

I didn't even look further when I saw the thumbnails on snootysims then since I saw no bell silhouettes etc. Of course I was initially annoyed that they went for "Victorian" in the first place - it's not my favorite period personally and I think it's overrated but it'd've been a nice addition for the rest of us players. But seriously - PANTS, wtf? It just proves that they do less and less with each product since they won't even consult with teh wickerpedia even.

Sorry, I didn't think.  I saw Pescado's message as I was finishing up the first post.  I had to go look the numbers up, but I wanted to get it out there first.  It never occured to me to just modify the first post.  Won't happen again.  
I'm with you .  I was completely underwhelmed.  Especially with the hairs.  If I could think logically and wasn't compelled to buy every new SIMS product the day it comes out, I would have no problem waiting for AwesomeMod compatability issues to be resolved before purchasing this.  AM > High End Loft Stuff.

This is why

Don't forget to press the Thanks! button.

16:29   spockers   I fucking hate going to see movies in theaters now.
16:30   spockers   Unless it's a really fancy old-style movie palace type place, but even then some dick will pull out their Appleberry in the middle of the film and start tweeting about wanting Chris Brown to beat them up
notyourbusiness
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010 February 01, 12:36:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, we need people like jecswp so Pirate Cat doesn't have to pay for his downloads.

60 items? Goes to show how cheap the whole thing has become.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010 February 01, 14:39:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, Stuff packs have always had around 60 items. So really, that hasn't changed. I'm not sure if they counted walls, floors and object recolors as part of the 60 or not, but I remembered it being advertised for most, if not all of the packs, that there were 60 new items in them.
rum nate
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010 February 01, 15:01:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, Stuff packs have always had around 60 items. So really, that hasn't changed. I'm not sure if they counted walls, floors and object recolors as part of the 60 or not, but I remembered it being advertised for most, if not all of the packs, that there were 60 new items in them.

I'm pretty sure they didn't count walls floors and recolors in that total. But you are right, most stuff packs did have about 60, some more, some less. Kitchen and Bath was a huge exception to that though, with 103 new items.
Druscylla
Corpulent Cretin

Wicked Stepsister

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010 February 01, 15:40:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want the aquarium. Like really really want the aquarium. I don't have any sims who fish really. Mainly because it looks stupid to have over 9000 fish in the house in tiny bowls all over for those sims wishing to have a private aquarium. And some of the objects are cute, but seriously who designs the clothes? The hairs look like hairs that were put out by the community months ago as well. But EA is notorious for "borrowing" ideas already out there.

I called my local walmart and they claimed to be sold out: i.e. they have no idea what I am talking about and wish for me to stop bothering them so they can get back to reading their periodicals.
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010 February 01, 19:18:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've not decided if I'm plunking down money for it or not...I'll make up my mind when Pes gives the 'all clear'.

Re the clothing: I think the whole thing with 'Victorian' is that they think it 'blends' with the Goth and SteamPunk stuff (in EA's mind, not mine). It's moot as far as I'm concerned, not the looks I use in game except for an occasional teen.

Keyan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010 February 01, 21:01:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've not decided if I'm plunking down money for it or not...I'll make up my mind when Pes gives the 'all clear'.

I wouldn't put my money down for a stuff pack, EA no longer deserves my money. When they get things right I'll gladly put down my cutlass.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2010 February 01, 23:47:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad the Love Bed looks just as tacky as it did in Sims 1 and 2.  I'd really hate to have objects I'd actually want to use.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2010 February 01, 23:51:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no issue with historical clothing. It's just... this is supposed to be.. high tech. Not retro-tech.
All "high tech" stuff ends up being retro-tech. Turns out that fashion can be rather resistant to change, particularly in the men's department. Are you aware that men's fashion is fundamentally unchanged from over 150 years ago, other than the addition of color? About the only way you can identify a man's suit as being over a hundred years old at a glance is the fact that it's not in color, because color hadn't been invented yet. And even then, it's hard to tell!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2010 February 02, 01:46:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're right Pes. Men's clothing doesn't change. But female clothing changes all the time. It's honestly not fair, though there doesn't seem to be much that can be done about it. Yet still.. they could borrow ideas for furturistic clothing from.... something else. Whatever they're using now just reminds me of the Jetsons, which is not what I think of when I think of 'futuristic'.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2010 February 02, 16:38:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone know if the new patch is available to download anywhere? I bought my HLS from the EA Store, it was only around 300Mb, and doesnt include a patch. It tells me I need to update the game before installing it, yet the launcher says there is no update available. I assume the disk version comes with the required patch?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2010 February 02, 17:15:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're right Pes. Men's clothing doesn't change. But female clothing changes all the time.
If, by change, you mean "there is less of it"...the rest of it just goes in circles.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
tea_and_blues
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2010 February 02, 18:13:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Patch came out a little while back. It doesn't seem to be very comprehensive, according to the few notes up about it.

http://www.thesims3.com/community/news.html?selMonth=1&selYear=2010#-1685031622

<meh> siggie. </meh>
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Patch 1.9/2.4
« Reply #40 on: 2010 February 02, 18:36:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: Patch 1.9/2.4
This game update includes:
- High-End Loft Stuff - This update is required to play the digital download version of The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff.
- World Adventures - Users can now capture the Town Theatre subject in photography
- A change was made so that desks do not burn anymore.
- Mac only: Fixed an error with uploading screenshots from the Mac when the ".jpg" file extension is deleted.
- PC only: Fixed a bug where the launcher would display an error message that it could not connect to EADM on Vista and Windows 7 machines.
What a joke.

Patch is 27.3mb, and 33.1mb respectively.
http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/Sims3_1.9.22.004002_from_1.8.25.003002.exe
http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/Sims3_2.4.7.004002_from_2.3.33.003002.exe
« Last Edit: 2010 February 02, 18:52:26 by Roobs » Logged
captaincaliena
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2010 February 02, 19:30:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now I'm really glad I didn't run out to Best Buy this morning and buy a copy of HELS. After what I've seen and read here, it kind of seems like a waste of money. Not to mention, I'm not going to sacrifice being able to use AM just to have a few shitty outfits, hairstyles, and objects. When AM is updated and no longer supports the 1.8/2.3 patch, THEN I'll buy it (off of eBay for about seven dollars because that's about all I think it's worth).

The clothing is a joke. That is some of the ugliest crap I've ever seen. EA PHAIL! 

The EA forums are down, probably due to a flood of "HALP MAH GAMEZ IZ BROKEZ!!!" posts.  I wonder how many other people are having problems and what EA managed to break this time with this new patch.

There's my two cents, going back to lurk mode now.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
Re: Got High End Loft Stuff two days early . . . NOW WITH TORRENT!.
« Reply #42 on: 2010 February 02, 20:04:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On TPB... http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5329998/
4.4gb - looks like I might have to part money for this one, since it is cheaper to buy than my bandwidth.
Rapidshare links: http://www.oneddl.com/games/the-sims-3-high-end-loft-stuff-vitality/
« Last Edit: 2010 February 02, 20:20:35 by Skadi » Logged

DigiGekko
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2010 February 02, 20:20:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a Vitality release posted by someone with a pink skull badge; it's almost certainly real. It's in over 50 parts, indicating that it's a multi-rar and thus a little smaller in size than its extracted version. I'm guessing it's a DVD image, so it doesn't matter how big the actual package is.
« Last Edit: 2010 February 02, 20:25:18 by DigiGekko » Logged
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2010 February 02, 20:50:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm downloading it now, but I won't install it until AM works with the new patch.
markjs
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
Re: Patch 1.9/2.4
« Reply #45 on: 2010 February 02, 21:10:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: Patch 1.9/2.4
This game update includes:
- High-End Loft Stuff - This update is required to play the digital download version of The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff.
- World Adventures - Users can now capture the Town Theatre subject in photography
- A change was made so that desks do not burn anymore.
- Mac only: Fixed an error with uploading screenshots from the Mac when the ".jpg" file extension is deleted.
- PC only: Fixed a bug where the launcher would display an error message that it could not connect to EADM on Vista and Windows 7 machines.

lol.. Did anyone tried it out already?

Does it broke anything else? I'm downloading the stuff pack, but I don't want to update to the stupid 1.8.25/2.3.33 because of my ton of CC...
Unless this stuff pack comes with new interactions, I don't think it's directly related with the base game.
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2010 February 02, 21:15:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't even get 2.4 to install. 1.9 did though. Blasted "Invalid File Found" error, despite having removed everything.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2010 February 02, 21:32:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does it broke anything else? I'm downloading the stuff pack, but I don't want to update to the stupid 1.8.25/2.3.33 because of my ton of CC...
Unless this stuff pack comes with new interactions, I don't think it's directly related with the base game.

The 2.3 patch doesn't break all CC. I keep seeing people say this, but I have the 2.3 patch, and the only thing I had to do differently is copy my .dbc files over to my Mods folder to get the downloaded Store content to show up. All the other cc I had before then, and all I've installed since then has been fine.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2010 February 02, 21:46:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How can an SP be 4.4 gb? I don't get it.... Huh
markjs
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: 2010 February 02, 22:00:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The 2.3 patch doesn't break all CC. I keep seeing people say this, but I have the 2.3 patch, and the only thing I had to do differently is copy my .dbc files over to my Mods folder to get the downloaded Store content to show up. All the other cc I had before then, and all I've installed since then has been fine.

Hm.. thaks for the info, what about the .Sims3Packs through the launcher, are ou able to install them there, or you must run the Delphy's tool to get it work?
I don't know about you, but I remember when I got more .packages than .sims3pack and my game was always slowing down..
Maybe it could be a specifically .package, I don't know tough..

How can an SP be 4.4 gb? I don't get it.... Huh

It must have many updates stored there, specially MAC, it updates are really big... I'm not sure tough..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: