More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 01:23:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Got High End Loft Stuff two days early . . . for all the good it does me.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Got High End Loft Stuff two days early . . . for all the good it does me.  (Read 62412 times)
Kid Shamrock
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Got High End Loft Stuff two days early . . . for all the good it does me.
« Reply #100 on: 2010 March 07, 03:00:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you copy d3dx9_31.dll into the C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff\Game\Bin directory?
Dakota
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2010 March 07, 15:47:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahhh no, I didn't... Shame on me... I'll try this out. Hope it finally works.

edit: WOW! It works! THANKS! I hope EA had mercy with all of my CC and it still shows...
« Last Edit: 2010 March 07, 15:54:44 by Dakota » Logged
bluesingincat
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Got High End Loft Stuff, wtf?
« Reply #102 on: 2010 March 10, 21:49:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Undecided

I got the digital download of HELS. Backed up my CC and removed Mods before install. The game was f**cked. None of the hacks I had work with it, and the launcher wouldn't install Sims3pack files 1/2 the time. So, I uninstalled HELS. Still messed up, crashing, won't install CC, ect. I uninstalled the base game, HELS and WA. I reinstalled the base game and WA, but not HELS. It wouldn't let me play WA until it patched, so I had to let it patch. The game is still screwed up. I can play it, but none of the hacks work, and they are all updated for WA.  I am about ready to toss the game in the garbage can. I have had to uninstall and reinstall this game more than a few times. It sucks. Now they are coming out with the new EP, Ambitions, and I really think the EP would be interesting, if it works. The latest patch, whether you have HELS or not is a kill joy. wtf?

\"Power Corrupts. Absolute power is kind of neat.\"
ChilltownNJ
Blathering Buffoon

Go head, Pull it, I Dare U!

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2010 March 11, 06:14:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your botched mods issue sounds like a SEARCH & READ FAIL error.  This has been discussed to death in many threads on this board.  It is quite possible that your issue is simply, you forgot to put the framework in the HELS Directory, and primarily the d3dx9_31.dll file...  If this isn't the case, then you seem to have left out much needed information for people to diagnose your situation.  Also your Sim3pack issue is another SEARCH & READ FAIL error.  This has also been discussed to death.  After a particular patch sim3packs installation was botched by EA.  SEARCH MOAR for the fix to it.  Also throughout all this reinstalling, did you remember to put the framework back into the game directories?
« Last Edit: 2010 March 11, 07:04:21 by ChilltownNJ » Logged
Sexual Innuendo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2010 March 18, 23:43:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All the Store Stuff on mine is missing after the install. The game runs fine, and anything non-store in a .dbc format shows up in-game, as well as .packages, etc. I uninstalled and now have TS3 and WA, but the Store stuff is still missing. :\
KickAss
Asinine Airhead

I know what your thinking, I suck....

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2010 March 18, 23:57:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All the Store Stuff on mine is missing after the install. The game runs fine, and anything non-store in a .dbc format shows up in-game, as well as .packages, etc. I uninstalled and now have TS3 and WA, but the Store stuff is still missing. :\
Same with me. I however have given up on The Sims 3. EA don't care about your problems, they just want moneyZ. To spend on hookers and make more games to fuck your computer.

Please die... I'm sick of you...
Luna
Tasty Tourist

I have Vista...I know it is evil.

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2010 March 21, 07:13:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine did that as well. The easiest fix is to simply remove all your bought store stuff from the download/install screens and then go to the sims3 website and redownload them. That is the only thing that I have found that works, time consuming, but is relatively easy.

My opinion of HELS is that it was a waste of twenty dollars.
Mosquito
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2010 March 21, 14:50:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

M`kay, I fail. I got HELS. Well, you know..."got" got  Roll Eyes Finally managed to install it (don`t ask), and then I remembered there`s a new patch for it. I usually get my patches from http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Patching:Patch_Download#The_Sims_3_.28Retail_version_1.0.631.29 , butfor this particular one the region 2 is missing. So, If anyone could link me to a Patch 3.1.7 region 2, I would really appreciate it. Untill I get it, I can`t be awesome...*emo*
Freezerburn
Dimwitted Dunce

I haet F-ly retarded snowflaek

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2010 March 21, 14:58:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My opinion of HELS is that it was a waste of twenty dollars.

I only buy original base game for registering in TS3 website to download free store content. For, WA and HELS, I yarr'ed them!

ISTJ                       
Imma Ee Ass Elle
Don't Abuse The Search Box!
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2010 March 21, 22:02:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

M`kay, I fail. I got HELS. Well, you know..."got" got  Roll Eyes Finally managed to install it (don`t ask), and then I remembered there`s a new patch for it. I usually get my patches from http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Patching:Patch_Download#The_Sims_3_.28Retail_version_1.0.631.29 , butfor this particular one the region 2 is missing. So, If anyone could link me to a Patch 3.1.7 region 2, I would really appreciate it. Untill I get it, I can`t be awesome...*emo*

As far as I can tell, there is no region 2 for HELS.

Try the region 1 patch from here http://www.simprograms.com/the-sims-3-patches/patches-the-sims-3-high-end-loft-stuff/

Australia has region 2 for BG and WA, but region 1 for HELS.  Maybe EA decided they had too many different versions and settled for 2 this time, english and non-english versions.

If in doubt, bring up your launcher after installing HELS and check the version number, you might be surprised, otherwise, you could try letting the launcher run the update.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Mosquito
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2010 March 24, 12:17:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wizard_Merlin - Thak you, you were right. HELS is region 1. I do, however, wonder...base game, WA...will the future patches reduce to regions 1/7 for them as well...?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: