More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 23:47:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Patching problem for Sims 3
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Patching problem for Sims 3  (Read 15307 times)
gilmar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Patching problem for Sims 3
« on: 2010 January 13, 15:12:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've tried to patch my game because I want to use Create a World and an error which said invalid file found turned up.
Is it because I am using non-original software?
Is there a way around this?

Written
aya_alexa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Patching problem for Sims 3
« Reply #1 on: 2010 January 13, 16:12:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It might be something connected to the skuversion.txt. Try removing all mods and don't crack the game first, and be sure your game version is 0.1 Try patching agai and see if it works.
littleblackdog
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 January 13, 17:18:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://nene.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game Help:TS3 Patching

Let me know if you suddenly become interesting.
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 January 13, 18:06:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was having the same problem, and though I used the "patch log viewer" (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=350186) that determined gameversion.txt (or something like this) needed to be replaced, replacing it did not solve the invalid file program and patch log viewer told me it needed to be replaced after each time I replaced it!

Prior to this I kept getting an error that my basegame needed to be updated, even though I just finished installing the latest WA patch on my WA release. Shouldn't THAT have updated my basegame??

I just uninstalled the whole thing again, TS3 is not good enough for the hassle.

Can you use the download manager to install patches on RAZOR/RELOADED releases? I find it difficult to find the correct patch versions (and now, apparently, the correct ORDER, since I needed to install a basegame update prior to my WA update..... I guess?).
Kittycataussie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 January 13, 21:10:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also tried to patch my game, I don't have WA, and I get the invalid thing. It tells me to reinstall. My game was not loading cuz awesomemod was old, and now I can't patch the game up high enough to use awesomemod, and I can't use and older version of awesomemod. Is there something i did wrong? my game is a legal copy, but the thing is throwing a hissy fit. I have a Mac and install stuff the long way
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 January 13, 21:50:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was having the same problem, and though I used the "patch log viewer" (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=350186) that determined gameversion.txt (or something like this) needed to be replaced, replacing it did not solve the invalid file program and patch log viewer told me it needed to be replaced after each time I replaced it!

Prior to this I kept getting an error that my basegame needed to be updated, even though I just finished installing the latest WA patch on my WA release. Shouldn't THAT have updated my basegame??

I just uninstalled the whole thing again, TS3 is not good enough for the hassle.

Can you use the download manager to install patches on RAZOR/RELOADED releases? I find it difficult to find the correct patch versions (and now, apparently, the correct ORDER, since I needed to install a basegame update prior to my WA update..... I guess?).

You no not need some kind of program to read the patch log file. It's found in the temp folder in a file after the failed install of a patch. I have heard that you can use the Download Manager to install the patches but personally I don't trust it. To solve this problem, I removed and replaced all files that I had modified, then downloaded every patch and installed each one in order. The ones I didn't need told me so.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Chryseis
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 January 14, 07:19:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wanna know how to patch the game when i installed ts3 on a different drive. It wants to always installs to the windows drive, but i make it on my F drive. . . But EA said i cant patch the game when its not installed to the default directory . . . Are they lying or can i just open the patch binary files and it will patch?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 January 14, 16:30:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That can't be right, because I have the most twistedly arcane disk layout, and it manages to find the Sims just fine, despite the amount of armtwisting I had to do to make it even install to begin with.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Chryseis
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 January 15, 14:04:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I shifted the game over to F drive, from the windows drive, changed the registry AFTER i patched it up to 1.7 or w/e. The one before the shit hit the fan. And, its working xD . . . Mind you, im still having a few issues, but thats due to the fact that the game is like a hormonal PMS'n teenager.

I haven't tried to patch up, nor do i intend too. I will wait for EA to release a new one, then wait for feed back lol. . . But, im going to assume, that if it works for you, patching with/without the launcher will be easy?
Vylaina
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 January 16, 03:52:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The same thing happened to me - AFTER I'd sorted out the getting-the-region-code-to-work business. EA is really pissing me off lately. :/
What I did was go to Simprograms (www.simprograms.com) and went to patches. I downloaded both the .001 and .002 version of the patch, because I wasn't sure which one worked. I found the right one and now my game works fine. Until the next fiasco.

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils. - Louis Hector Berlioz
Lum
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 January 16, 18:12:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a legit base game (properly patched) and arr'd WA. WA didn't even want to install because of wrong region. Changed base game to 2 and it installed.

Then it didn't want to patch through EA installer, so I found all the patches released and installed them one by one ---2.0, then 2.2, then the final one. Worked just fine. BUT I didn't use the crack for WA, I used the real exe, so watch out for that.
Kittycataussie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 January 19, 02:57:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a Mac and my game is patched to 1.4.6.1  I keep trying to patch but it keeps telling me something is wrong. When I look at the Log it says this in red

Examining File : /Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/Shaders_Win32.precomp  -> SHA1 Error

that is all that is in red, all that seems to be wrong
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 January 19, 03:42:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a Mac and my game is patched to 1.4.6.1  I keep trying to patch but it keeps telling me something is wrong. When I look at the Log it says this in red

Examining File : /Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/Shaders_Win32.precomp  -> SHA1 Error

that is all that is in red, all that seems to be wrong

Pull the original off the cd and put it in place of that one. Maybe, I'm not sure how different Macs are. Did you ever download one of the original no censor hacks? They used to change that file.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Boobzilla
Retardo Lander

INFP (100/50/31/69/81)

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 April 01, 14:15:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My God My God. I am about ready to ball my eyes out over here.
I BOUGHT an official Digital Download copy of TS3. It is vers 1.1.6.107
That is what it was when I downloaded it (like a week after it came out. I kind of havent really played it since about nov last year). It has never updated. I have tried all of the workarounds and solutions that I have seen on the internet (on the official forum, and on modthesims... I have even contacted EA and gone through the crap of sending them screenshots etc. They can't help me!) I've repaired permissions, I have done a complete and total uninstall (moving my backup files to an external drive) and reinstall several times. I have created an entirely different administrator account on my computer JUST for using TS3.

It isn't even REGISTERING that it is out of date! The launcher says that my game is up to date! I have installed it and had 'automatic updates' ticked, I have installed it and had 'automatic updates' unticked. I have refreshed. I have deauthorised and reauthorised. I have meticulously checked that it is installing in the right place.
Now I tried to install HELS and it wouldn't install because my base game isn't up to date!
The game will run with XML hack mods but not core mods (like awesome, or I also tried inteen). I have also removed these completely from the game, reinstalled it and tried to patch again - still no luck.

I am really at my wits end. Please, is there anyone out there who can help me?
Electronic Sim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 April 01, 15:27:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Go to simprograms.com and manually download every patch you need.
Boobzilla
Retardo Lander

INFP (100/50/31/69/81)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 April 01, 16:04:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

they are no longer available.
DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 April 01, 17:06:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reply #12 has links to patches: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,18305.0.html
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 April 02, 00:13:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

they are no longer available.

You are a fucking idiot.  I just checked, every patch you need is there.  Are you really that stupid?  Did you even bother to look?

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Boobzilla
Retardo Lander

INFP (100/50/31/69/81)

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 April 02, 02:07:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes I did.

perhaps you didn't realise that I am on a mac.

I didn't mention it, but it would be reasonable to expect that if you checked the site and noticed that the mac updates weren't there you might figure it out. Why would I say the patches weren't there if they were?
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010 April 02, 02:45:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes I did.

I didn't mention it, but it would be reasonable to expect that if you checked the site and noticed that the mac updates weren't there you might figure it out. Why would I say the patches weren't there if they were?

Hate to say it, but I think the only way you're going to get out of that issue is by first reinstalling the game after doing a clean uninstall, and barring that installing WA or HELS since the basegame launcher for mac is fucked up to begin with. I had patching issues with it too, but the WA and HELS launchers work fine. We have no alternate method of getting patches that I know of*.

*I have vague memory of being corrected on this, but I can't be bothered to go look right now so do it yourself.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
Boobzilla
Retardo Lander

INFP (100/50/31/69/81)

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010 April 02, 02:57:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah, I have looked around, they seem to have all been taken down because I need the very early ones.

I have tried the clean uninstall (I'm assuming you mean removing absolutely everything to an external drive and then reinstalling and trying to run the game without putting anything back in it).

When I've been opening the HELS launcher it's been giving me an error message.

Just a weird question, can someone look at their base game files, in contents/resources and see if there is a file called tgUpdateMulti - i noticed that was in the HELS files. I could be pursuing an untamed ornithoid without cause... but anything's worth a shot.
« Last Edit: 2010 April 02, 03:12:51 by BoobyMcHooters » Logged
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010 April 02, 03:15:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes I did.

There are a number of mac patches there, so how would that help working out what system your on?  Mentioning you were on a mac in the first post would have been beneficial.

Have you tried a google search, there are no doubt plenty of sites offering the mac patches for you.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Boobzilla
Retardo Lander

INFP (100/50/31/69/81)

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010 April 02, 03:17:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So - I paid $80 and got a brand new game from the EA store.

Guess what? Works perfectly. Automatically patched right up to 1.11

I was sold a fucked up version of the game. I will be demanding my money back.

Anyone else who is reading this - do not buy games from Bigpond Games Shop in Australia.
« Last Edit: 2010 April 02, 15:22:03 by BoobyMcHooters » Logged
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010 April 02, 17:11:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So - I paid $80 and got a brand new game from the EA store.

Guess what? Works perfectly. Automatically patched right up to 1.11

I was sold a fucked up version of the game. I will be demanding my money back.

Anyone else who is reading this - do not buy games from Bigpond Games Shop in Australia.

WTF? You mean your one, single, solitary game, out of millions of games sold world-wide, was coded differently in some way, so as to make patching impossible? Good lord, you really ARE retarded.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
Boobzilla
Retardo Lander

INFP (100/50/31/69/81)

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2010 April 02, 17:22:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

no fuckwit.

I mean that the version that is on the server of the 3rd party retailer I bought the first game from is fucked.

Knowing Telstra, they probably already know but couldn't be bothered fixing it or telling anyone there was a problem.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: