More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:30:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Run, sim, run
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Run, sim, run  (Read 45782 times)
borsco
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Run, sim, run
« Reply #25 on: 2010 June 30, 11:35:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Twallan has a debugenabler mod which has a reset walk option, this cures the running bug.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010 June 30, 14:31:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MTS just posted a mod to disable autonomous tag-playing.  This will keep the running bug from happening again.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010 June 30, 18:02:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MTS just posted a mod to disable autonomous tag-playing.  This will keep the running bug from happening again.

Unless your Sim gets on a treadmill, which is how one of mine caught the bug. Fortunately, it doesn't bother me.

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
egon_weber
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010 June 30, 22:38:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thx, that was just what i needed.

YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010 July 01, 01:49:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To be annoying and bland, like everything else, duh.

Maybe they'll pop it into another expan$ion pack.

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life—music and cats." ~Albert Schweitzer

"Happy people can be so cruel."
~ Claudia of Silent Hill 3.
Tempo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010 July 01, 02:40:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've since fixed this using the mod, but before it was fixed it irked me to no end. Sometimes I like to watch them do stuff and the running just pissed me off.
Spaz
Asinine Airhead

Why you looking at me? <_<

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010 July 07, 16:46:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My firefighter has caught the "running bug" and I've heard people say their Private Investigators are getting a "sneaking bug," so this bug seems to be everywhere. :\

"If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work:  'Hello.  Can't work today, still queer.'"  ~Robin Tyler
vincemw
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010 July 10, 09:11:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try this mod: http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=3907.0

I've been using that mod since before the running disease started, but in my experience when my sims start running everywhere, soon or soon-ish later they will stop.
Honestly I'm not sure if their stopping is from the mod or not, since as I said I haven't fully experienced the issue, but I think it's worth a shot.
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2010 July 10, 10:49:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try this mod: http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=3907.0

I've been using that mod since before the running disease started, but in my experience when my sims start running everywhere, soon or soon-ish later they will stop.
Honestly I'm not sure if their stopping is from the mod or not, since as I said I haven't fully experienced the issue, but I think it's worth a shot.

Are you aspiring to be the next Unreliavole? DO NOT GUESS. Know or STFU.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2010 July 10, 10:57:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you are getting weird running, try "resetwalk".

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
vincemw
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2010 July 10, 11:54:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry guys, didn't mean to guess. Just that people made it sound like once sims start running they never stop, and for me they don't run for very long before walking again. So I thought it might be worth it to get other people to try out the walking mod as a temporary solution because it would be better than nothing. Just trying to help out, man.
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2010 July 10, 11:59:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry guys, didn't mean to guess. Just that people made it sound like once sims start running they never stop, and for me they don't run for very long before walking again. So I thought it might be worth it to get other people to try out the walking mod as a temporary solution because it would be better than nothing. Just trying to help out, man.

"Helping" is not actually helpful unless you provide accurate information.

jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2010 July 10, 13:47:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Helping" is not actually helpful unless you provide accurate information.
Also, the page he linked to mentions in the comments that it DOESN'T cure the run bug.  PROTIP:  you should probably read the links you share.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
vincemw
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2010 July 10, 19:42:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't know if you guys came across this yet, but this appears to be a temp solution, if an aggressive one.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=411351
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2010 July 12, 12:37:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm surprised (well, not really) that EA didn't do anything about this running bug. It would now appear that any sim can be inflicted by this running bug, even if they have done no activity that requires the actual act of running. For instance, one sim I had my stylist work on immediately set about running everywhere after I gave him a new outfit using the stylist mirror.

Buzzler's fix that vincemw links to it pretty good at keeping this running arsefuckery down to a minimum though.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
BlackMoons
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2010 August 17, 09:15:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol.. Oddly enough, a couple of my sims are affected by the run 'bug' (before installing AM even!).. but... I like it! but only on those sims.. I consider them my athletic energetic sims! It would suck if more of my sims caught it though.. Really is nice for some tasks like cleaning up dead plants or doing laundry.
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2010 August 18, 10:04:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Necromancers should be burned with the fire of a thousand suns.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2010 August 18, 16:20:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Necromancers should be burned with the fire of a thousand suns.

Eh.  It was a few days shy of necromancy.  Still, a convincing argument could be made for fiery sun burning based on its post's content.

snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2010 August 18, 17:40:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My beloved ellipsis, what has this, this ruffian done to you?!  A thousand more suns to burn the abuser of ellipsis!  BURN...and then BURN AGAIN!

Fucker.
BlackMoons
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2010 August 18, 22:05:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fine, If it pleases you. *jumps into www.geekologie.com/2010/04/22/sun-1.jpg and dies a horrible firey death*
almostawesome
Blathering Buffoon

Swag out the max

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2010 August 18, 22:40:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're still 999 suns short.

linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2011 April 02, 07:05:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry about the necromancy thing but i just had to revive this: the thread has ended with no solution reply, and i haven't been able to find any other info about this. i can't even use resetwalk because it says unknown command... sims 3 + WA + 1.19/2.14 patch + awesome mod

Been doing a little more experiments, and.. really, here's the deal:
they'll walk if i tell them to interact with an object;
they'll walk if i choose "go here" and the distance is like 2 steps away;
they'll run if i choose "go here" with the option on automatic and the distance is more than 2 steps away. without awesomemod this doesn't happen, the'll just walk normally

it seems like the mod was deliberately made this way, seeing that pescado just love to look at them running. so please, could you make this optional?
----------------------
Actually, more testing revealed that if i disable manual navigation the problem goes away. if i click "go here" somewhere nearby they'll walk. However the options for walk, run, automatic, won't make any difference
« Last Edit: 2011 April 02, 12:55:05 by linolino » Logged
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2011 April 03, 09:02:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry about the necromancy thing but i just had to revive this

I think you should maybe check your math and try again.

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2011 April 04, 01:41:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. It already is optional.
2. There's really no good reason why you would not want your sims to actually DO WHAT THEY ARE TOLD instead of dragging their feet forever. If you actually want them to shuffle slowly for some reason, you could just pick that option: Automatic should automatically choose the best option.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Narmy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2011 April 04, 05:15:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My only complaint about running is that sims can't run down the stairs, too. We really need a banister-sliding animation.
Or the teleporters from TS1.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: