More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:19:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Getting engaged to/marrying foreign sims.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Getting engaged to/marrying foreign sims.  (Read 42864 times)
danigantt
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Getting engaged to/marrying foreign sims.
« Reply #25 on: 2010 January 28, 17:51:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Weird.

I've made my sims fall in love and get married.  They got engaged in the home neighbourhood, but got married in the vacation hoods.

Have you guys done the "ask if single" interaction?

Yep.

When I looked in her relationship panel for him, under partner it gave the name of his ex girlfriend with the ex gf icon so I waited until they returned to the main hood.

After I  used "testingcheatsenabledtrue" on the French sim, I noticed this too for my sim. It had her ex's name with the ex symbol. This is when I decided to go in and kill the ex. This still didn't solve the issue.
What's "Twallen's SC"?
Jens
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010 January 28, 18:50:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After I  used "testingcheatsenabledtrue" on the French sim, I noticed this too for my sim. It had her ex's name with the ex symbol. This is when I decided to go in and kill the ex. This still didn't solve the issue.
What's "Twallen's SC"?

Its Twallan's SuperComputer Mod http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=1300.0
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010 January 28, 19:35:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for me, this was one of the many things that stopped working in my game.  Going back to an earlier save and retrying fixed it.  The game is so sensitive.  I save very often and have to revert back to earlier saves often.  I am slowly making progress in my storyline.  I think I may have problems with this neighborhood because it is heavily edited.  It seems the more editing I do the faster it gets borked.  Hopefully the game will get more stable.  One can only hope.
danigantt
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010 January 28, 22:00:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for me, this was one of the many things that stopped working in my game.  Going back to an earlier save and retrying fixed it.  The game is so sensitive.  I save very often and have to revert back to earlier saves often.  I am slowly making progress in my storyline.  I think I may have problems with this neighborhood because it is heavily edited.  It seems the more editing I do the faster it gets borked.  Hopefully the game will get more stable.  One can only hope.

Thanks for the advice.  Smiley I went back to an earlier saved EA folder.. and reinstalled WA... and my sim EASILY (so easily that it almost pissed me off a bit) was able to go steady with Jean Luc in France AND had the option to propose marriage. Their relationship meter is only half-way full!

It was ridiculously easy. Let's see what happens when she comes back from France though! 

DentedLemons
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010 February 02, 01:34:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been unable to ask one of the France shop-keepers to go steady / move in / anything, even though he's been romantic with my sim for ages and she has no other relationships and he's listed as having no partner. She has the ability to ask others to go steady (the option is there, though I have no used it), but not this guy. Are the shopkeepers unavailable for marriage? Sad
Rhumba
Asinine Airhead

I forgot who I stole this avatar from.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010 February 02, 22:29:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In one game, the special merchant in China was Shen Su. My sim in that game was able to successfully go steady with him and propose. I haven't played that sim in a couple days.

Meanwhile, I created a new household. New sim, off to China she goes, gets herself a steady boyfriend named Liang. She comes back home and his relationship with her is now Good Friend in the relationship panel. Nothing happened relationship wise between these two things.  Next trip to China, I meet Shen Su in a ranked SimFu match. She can't get past serial WooHoo with him. In her relationship panel, she has no partner. I add Shen with testing cheats and in his relationship panel, her partner is Liang still.

I take her off to break up with Liang. No option. I chat him up and choose Mean... Let's just be friends. No difference - Every other sim sees her as partnered to Liang.

It's very annoying having this 'silent' partner mess up my sim's love life.  I can't even have her marry Liang instead of Shen. The options don't appear for him either.

He needs to have an unfortunate accident.
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010 February 03, 10:27:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rhumba, try using Twallan's supercomputer. Select sim/intermediate/relationship and select the two individuals. Choose an appropriate level relationship (friend, stranger, etc.) and it will be changed. That's how I updated my Sim who got hooked up by the game without me even introducing the two.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010 February 05, 18:16:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Incidentally, if you find this has happened to you, your game has just exploded in a delayed-action BFBVFS. AwesomeMod should prevent this from occurring, but if it has already occurred, you're going to need some major cleanup, or else you'll get the Broken School Bug that follows silently in its wake.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010 February 05, 18:32:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My advice (having suffered the broken school truancy problem) is to avoid all intimate relations with foreigners at all costs. Just think of it as they all carry a deadly STD - called genetic childhood truancy.

Rhumba
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2010 February 05, 21:45:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Incidentally, if you find this has happened to you, your game has just exploded in a delayed-action BFBVFS. AwesomeMod should prevent this from occurring, but if it has already occurred, you're going to need some major cleanup, or else you'll get the Broken School Bug that follows silently in its wake.

Well, shit. This sim was supposed to be a foundation sim, but not if her spawn will be scrambled.

My game is not Awesome.  Except for all the arred store content, I run a fairly vanilla game. Ok, and cc hair. I guess I thought I was at lower risk for game pyrotechnics.  Or is the combustible element built into WA? If there's not much drama involved I may try and clean up the game.

LVRugger, I think I'll give the SuperComputer mod a try just to see how the bug plays out.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2010 February 12, 17:56:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like Pescado said, using the super-computer to fix this is a moot point.  This is a symptom of a much bigger problem.  You are only delaying the inevitable.
Rhumba
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2010 February 13, 02:21:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like Pescado said, using the super-computer to fix this is a moot point.  This is a symptom of a much bigger problem.  You are only delaying the inevitable.

It's not moot to me, hence the desire to see how it plays out. What can I say - I occasionally like playing with broken things to see how they break. It would actually suit me fine if the 'splosion in this saved game happened now, but so far there's been nothing much to write home about.

EDIT - I did install TSC and used it to force the correct relationship. After the third pudding spawn was born (to the founder's brother) there were still no truants running amuck in this family or any other in this saved game. Maybe I didn't wait long enough for the truancy bug to occur? Anyway, I split the family when they were six and a half. The founder, her Chinese husband and their about to be YA son moved to a larger house and left her brother, his French wife, and their two spawn in the original lot.

At this point, I added AM for the fast lot switching. Why EA couldn't do that and instead make it so fucking tedious is a mystery.

The founder's brother had a third spawn, and still everything seems fine on the original lot. The founder's son is about to get started on the third generation, but perhaps I'll not see the truancy behavior with AM in the mix now?
« Last Edit: 2010 February 15, 14:38:37 by Rhumba » Logged
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2010 February 17, 04:24:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone been able to isolate what series of events causes this to happen, or is it just a random crapshoot every time you attempt to marry a sim from the vacation neighborhoods? Could there be a safe way to marry them at all, to save those of us with fairly empty base hoods from having to create a mate in CAS for every sim?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2010 February 17, 04:36:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone been able to isolate what series of events causes this to happen, or is it just a random crapshoot every time you attempt to marry a sim from the vacation neighborhoods? Could there be a safe way to marry them at all, to save those of us with fairly empty base hoods from having to create a mate in CAS for every sim?
Yes, the fix is to get the latest AWESOMEMOD. Otherwise, breeding with a foreign sim will inevitably cause a BFBVFS. Also, when taking a foreign sim home, always do so from inside foreignia.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: