More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:20:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  EA store stuff in *.dbc format - a torrent
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EA store stuff in *.dbc format - a torrent  (Read 267643 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
EA store stuff in *.dbc format - a torrent
« on: 2009 December 28, 11:18:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This torrent contains all the files from the EA store for The Sims 3 and the World Adventures expansion pack up to December 2009.
I took some pictures of what the torrents include. These files and these are included in the torrent. These files - sims and lots - are NOT included. Directions are included in a text file attached to this post.

The *.Sims3Pack files were all compressed, then installed into the base game Version 1.7.9. The resulting *.dbc files were tested on another machine, which has the base game patched to 1.8 and the expansion to 2.3 The store content appeared to be all there, as far as I could tell. The cache files do contain Riverview.

Pirate bay Torrent
Pirate Bay Torrent Download

Here is the Riverview.world file. 62MB Please use this instead of the Riverview.Sims3Pack. This file goes in: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds

The .dbc files from The Pirate Bay do not contain the Jetset Teen and adult sets. DrForeman has made an extra .dbc file of those which may be downloaded here: http://hotfile.com/dl/25309135/c6a380e/Jetset_TeenAdult.rar.html

Demonoid Torrent
Demonoid torrent download
I have made a new torrent. This one includes the Jet Set Teen and Adult sets and is tracked by Demonoid.com. The torrent includes the correct Riverview.world file.

January store content in .dbc format
Skadi posted a download:
Cross posting: the January store update [fancy fashion, gothique, lunar new year, New Orleans, happy valentines] in .dbc format. http://www.4shared.com/file/198128459/98b4ad08/Jan10filesDBC.html

You will need to rename the .dbc file, I just left it as the game created it.

Problems with Riverview saved games?
To anyone that's having trouble with playing games saved in Riverview,

Put the Riverview.world file in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds like Witch instructed.  Next, you must delete the Riverview.world file from your InstalledWorlds folder in your Documents to get it to work correctly.  

Resource.cfg - what it looks like and where it goes. The OLD METHOD - which I still use.
Code:
Priority 500
DirectoryFiles Mods/Packages/... autoupdate
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.dbc
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.dbc
and replace what is in your resources.cfg with it.

That little * between the / / is a wildcard. It tells your game to look for ANY folders, by ANY name. The * in front of the *.package is telling it to look at any files by any name, so long as they end in .package. The *.dbc is telling it to do the same thing only with Dbc files. The way that resource is set up means that you can have several tiers of folders nested within each other and they can have any names you want to give them, so long as they are within the Packages folder, except for with the DBC files, they can only be one tier in the packages folder so they should be in Packages\DBC, Packages\DCcahe or Packages\whatevernameyouchoose.
As for where the Resource.cfg should be, it should stay where it is. In Programfiles/Sims3 WA folder and Programfiles/Sims3.

Store contents up to 7th Feb 2010

Yecats has made individual .dbc files of each set. These are available for download.
All my .dbc files (so far).  They all work as far as I'm aware, but if any don't, please let me know.
http://www.4shared.com/dir/30394031/5635f3af/Sims3DBC.html

Still stuck? Skadi has a pictorial tutorial of a complete install up to HELS here:
http://sublimesims.net/smf/index.php?topic=1726.0

How to make .dbc files in Windoze XP
29th March 2010

1) Download the Windows TS3 recompressor

2) Paste this code in a textfile.
Code:
for /R %%i in (*.sims3pack) do s3rc.exe -fD "%%i"
for /R %%i in (*.package) do s3rc.exe -fD "%%i"
for /R %%i in (*.nhd) do s3rc.exe -fD "%%i"
for /R %%i in (*.sim) do s3rc.exe -fD "%%i"
for /R %%i in (*.dbc) do s3rc.exe -fD "%%i"
@pause
Posted by Scaenicus here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15129.msg523441.html#msg523441

3) Save the text file in the same folder as the recompressor files, call it s3rcBatch.cmd

4) Put all the sims3pack files in the Downloads folder, then copy in the three files; decrapify.exe, s3rc.exe, s3rcBatch.cmd. Double-click the s3rcBatch.cmd file and wait. When it's finished, delete the three files you put in the folder.

5) Run the latest launcher you have, currently HELS for me. Let it install sims3packs as normal. When it has finished, take a look in your C:\Documents and Settings\witch\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCCache folder and voilą, there are the .dbc files, as you might expect.

6) You can delete the sims3pack files at this point if you wish. Unless you haven't backed them up of course.  Roll Eyes I usually delete the DCBackup files as well.

7) New content can be added later, as long as you have decrapified and recompressed the sims3packs before using the launcher.

* StoreStuff.txt (1.52 KB - downloaded 2776 times.)
« Last Edit: 2010 September 30, 22:27:46 by witch » Logged

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: EA store stuff in *.dbc format - a torrent
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 28, 13:27:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you indeed.
Does anyone knows if we can rename these files?
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 28, 13:41:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

this is every single store item? THANK YOU!!!!!!

EDIT: Does this include the free stuff and pre order items?
« Last Edit: 2009 December 28, 13:59:52 by ElectricSimmer » Logged
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 28, 18:09:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much, Witch. I'd deleted my .dbc files when I was cleaning recently because I thought I wasn't seeing the files, only to find out that I had been and that now my main sim was in a completely wrong outfit. Will seed for while. Speed looks good...about 43 min ETA.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 28, 20:03:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Indiasong: I don't know if you can rename the .dbc files. The only way to know is to back them up and try. I suspect not, but who knows, as long as both of the locations match. There were some other files I wanted to include as a separate .dbc, but when I installed them the game added them to the last .dbc. (See following pics).

ElectricSimmer: I'm 95% sure I've picked up everything in the store thread.  Grin

Cheers Zazazu. I also thought I wasn't seeing the store content earlier on, plus I'd wanted to do a cleanup of the store stuff because I had a couple of doubles, so when I made the pristine cache files I thought I'd share - this is my very first torrent upload. Plus I discovered that Demonoid is back up, so it was a pretty good night all told.

I took some pictures of what the torrent includes. These files and these are included in the torrent.

These files
- sims and lots - are NOT included.

EyeofEagle
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 28, 21:12:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That should be great if everytime or every month that a new store item comes out, an update to the dbc files comes out, that way, we will be able to get every store items!
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 December 28, 21:28:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True, although these files have to replace any .dbc files that people have in their folders. So if you have other Sims3Pack files, not from the store, you would have to re-install these too - and that bit's not working. This torrent is most useful for those who just want all the store stuff. I don't have any other CC, the game hasn't been reliable enough for me to bother as yet.

magnetic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 December 28, 22:11:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello

Is it possible to place only the .dbc file in the topic?

I can't access to the torrent on your link.. And I have downloaded all the EA store, the only thing is to have them in my game now. So I think it will be more usable to place also the .dbc file in your topic.

Thanks in advance  Wink
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 December 28, 22:20:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's nearly 700MB of data mate.

Go to Pirate Bay and look for this torrent: The Sims 3 Store content in DCCache format

Chadwick Harkness
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 December 28, 22:40:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wanted to double check, do we need to install all the Store Content in .Sims3Pack first?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 December 28, 22:58:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, just the .dbc file(s).

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 December 29, 00:03:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now this a good idea for those who deleted their content in .dbc format. Cheers to you Witch for cooking this up. I don't have a problem in my game cause I did the quick fix, but love seeding torrents, so I will download and help in that case.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
EyeofEagle
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 December 29, 01:35:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're right witch... That's ashame, there is no one to kick the ass of the team behind the game!
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 December 29, 01:54:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ElectricSimmer: I'm 95% sure I've picked up everything in the store thread.  Grin

Ok, thats good then. Finished downloading while I was sleeping so it uploaded for at least 5 hours. I'm seeing if the files work now.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 December 29, 03:10:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd appreciate feedback from someone who is using these files, just to confirm they work - or don't. Preferably someone who knows what they are doing lol.

kalina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 December 29, 04:12:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks a lot for this!

The files work great for me, for the most part. The store items show up in buy mode and the hairs and clothes show up in CAS. All the store content that I have in saved games seems to show up fine too.

The only problem that I am having is that I don't see my saved games from Riverview on the Main Menu. I followed your instructions to copy Riverview.sims3pack in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds folder, but after that I was not able to create a new Riverview neighborhood. Instead of the Riverview.sims3pack I copied a Riverview.world file in that directory and now I can create a new Riverview neigborhood, but I still don't see my Riverview saved games after a couple of restarts and clearing the Cache files from My Documents.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 December 29, 04:59:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The files all seem to be there and working, the only down side is that the loading times have gone up a little but that was expected with this amount of content.

Oh and there is a file called dcdb0.edc in my DCCache folder. Any idea what it is?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 December 29, 19:28:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kalina: Oh sod, I should have made it the Riverview world file. I will check later and upload a file to 4shared or somewhere. The vast majority of people downloading the torrent are probably from here, but I could also leave a link in the comments at Pirate Bay. Just checked, yes, I did use the sims3pack file. Thanks for the feedback.

ElectricSimmer: I see your question about the .edc file was answered in your thread. For anyone that didn't see the answers, you can leave the .edc and the .idx (I think it's .idx, I'm on the wrong PC) alone. You may get some double-ups of content if you leave the .edc file there.

ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 December 30, 00:10:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, i'll just leave it then. Thanks for the torrent! I have every Store item I can think of now Smiley
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 December 30, 04:19:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have updated the first post to include a link to the Riverview.WORLD file instead of the .Sims3Pack file which was included in the torrent.

saladoor
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 December 30, 11:47:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, can somebody help me, I'm terribly tardy and get very befuddled!

This is what I'm doing...
I click on the torrent link and get taken to thepiratebay where i can then see the download that I want.
I click on download this torrent, which then ask me if i want to open, save or cancel
I open it, it says windows cannot open this file
I save it and double click on it and get the same message....

What am I doing wrong?  Shocked
karwin
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 December 30, 13:12:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, can somebody help me, I'm terribly tardy and get very befuddled!

This is what I'm doing...
I click on the torrent link and get taken to thepiratebay where i can then see the download that I want.
I click on download this torrent, which then ask me if i want to open, save or cancel
I open it, it says windows cannot open this file
I save it and double click on it and get the same message....

try using opera internet browser, it has it's own torrent downloader.  Works great, if you like to wait hours (or days) for a torrent. 
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 December 30, 16:14:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're doing it wrong! Read this:
http://www.wikihow.com/Use-BitTorrent
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 December 30, 22:51:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just tried these in my game and they work like a charm. Most notably, the game's loading time (from launch to save file being loaded) has been slashed from around 7-8 minutes before to just under two minutes! Now it doesn't feel like a chore going into the game any more.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
PrinJess
Blathering Buffoon

I shall take ovur the wurld wit grammer!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 December 30, 23:05:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the torrent, Witch. They work great! And despite the big file sizes, my game's speed is still pretty smooth. The problem with this method is that they need to be updated every time new items are released. And I doubt EA will come to their senses. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: