More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 00:10:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  No more skilling, please!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No more skilling, please!  (Read 23739 times)
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
Re: No more skilling, please!
« Reply #25 on: 2009 December 18, 23:29:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

More difficult to read?? It's just as easy to read, you just don't like it because I'm not doing what you want.

and How is having an opinion retarded? I like lower caps, so what?
Thanks for playing, even though you still don't get it!

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
supersimoholic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 December 18, 23:32:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i get that - i don't want to take part in grammar day, and get called a retarded jerk for it.
GelatinousSubstance
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 December 18, 23:40:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i get that - i don't want to take part in grammar day, and get called a retarded jerk for it.

Ooh. The truth behind the rebellion comes out.

Doctor: "He was lucky... He was shot in the 90% of the brain that he wasn't using..."

There is no shame in not being ashamed.
supersimoholic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 December 18, 23:44:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it's what i've been saying all along...
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 December 19, 01:12:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Come back tomorrow. I'm sure we'll appreciate your speshul posting style then.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
MrMugg
Corpulent Cretin

Wanna c a magik trik?

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 December 19, 01:53:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Supersimoholic, has the bickering gotten you anywhere?  Has it solved your issue?  You are a guest on these forums, which is no different than being a guest in someone's house.  Respect the rules.  You are fighting a fight that you cannot win, and by doing so you are showing how "more awesome than you" everyone else is.

Give it up, let it go, and get back on topic.  Which, by the way, I know of no hacks to stop skilling.  I suppose one could be made, but why?  As others have stated, you can cancel your sims from skilling.  Now, simmer down (no pun intended).  That kitty looks pretty damn pissed, and I wouldn't want to mess with it.
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 December 19, 05:04:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get that. I don't want to take part in grammar day, and get called a retarded jerk for it.

It's what I've been saying all along....

Yes. See how well non-participation has worked out for you, you retarded jerk?

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
supersimoholic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 December 19, 14:33:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well, if she had come in and explained to me that it was "grammar day" and then pointed out my faults, instead of writing it like an insult, i wouldn't have acted this way, i would have put abit of effort into it. but i thought she was just being rude to me for no reason, so obviously i got offended, and when i tried to stand up for myself, people started resorting to petty name calling. i don't see how im in the wrong here. like you said, i'm a guest and if you'd treated me like one, i would have acted like one.
Rainne
Dimwitted Dunce

Oh, fuck.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 December 19, 14:51:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wWell, if she had come in and explained to me that it was "grammar day" and then pointed out my faults, instead of writing it like an insult, i I wouldn't have acted this way,.  iI would have put abit a bit of effort into it. bBut iI thought she was just being rude to me for no reason, so obviously iI got offended, and when iI tried to stand up for myself, people started resorting to petty name calling. iI don't see how imI'm in the wrong here. lLike you said, iI'm a guest and if you'd treated me like one, iI would have acted like one.

Fixed.

Translation: I'm a dirty liar because I claim I'd have changed my behavior, but I haven't yet, despite being chastised thoroughly, so obviously that's a dirty lie (or possibly I have the Assburgers).  Furthermore, I'm totally in the right because when someone acts like a tard on a board and people dogpile that person, the tard is clearly the victim, despite acting in a tardly manner.  Oh and P.S., if you'd all been super sweet and nice to me, I totally would have changed my behavior, except that I haven't yet, so obviously that's a total lie, too.  But you should all be super sweet and nice to me anyway, because then more people would want to come to MATY.

Conclusion: It is obviously a complete idiot, or else it thinks MATYans are stupid.

<br />Probably because you suck.<br />
supersimoholic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 December 19, 14:59:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i wasn't expecting "super sweet and nice" just not rudeness.
and no, i haven't changed because that would be a sign of respect, which i've already said, i only give to those who give it to me.

i'm not a "dirty" liar. i would have changed it if i wasn't insulted first.
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009 December 19, 15:12:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wasn't expecting "super sweet and nice", just not rudeness.

THIS IS SPARTA MATY! Have you READ the forum at all before you barged in, fouling up the place with your tardly stink?

And no, I haven't changed, because that would be a sign of respect, which I've already said, I only give to those who give it to me.

I'm not a "dirty" liar. I would have changed it if I wasn't insulted first.

You continue to make yourself look full of utter and epic FAIL, so I wouldn't hold my breath on the "respect" front if I were you. On second thought...

I'm getting tired of having to post butthurt macros, so please imagine one here.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
Rainne
Dimwitted Dunce

Oh, fuck.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 December 19, 15:16:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wasn't expecting "super sweet and nice" just not rudeness.
And no, I haven't changed because that would be a sign of respect, which I've already said, I only give to those who give it to me.

I'm not a "dirty" liar. I would have changed it if I wasn't insulted first.

and i don't use the shift key, because i prefer the look of lower case, i don't care if it's not proper grammar, i think it looks nicer

Dirty, dirty liar.

P.S. No one was rude to you.  A simple post was made correcting your myriad grammar and mechanical errors, which advised you that you had been found severely lacking in the grammar department.  That's no rudeness; it's a simple statement of fact.  If you get all up in yourself over someone pointing out an area of weakness, you're going to have a lot of trouble once you get into college and the real world.

Edit: Drat you, Grimma, for getting there faster than me with the Red Pen of Doom.

supersimoholic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 December 19, 15:39:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok. from my point of view, this is how it seemed (in short) -

me: hey can i have some help?
you guys: i'm gonna correct you because your stupid
me: didn't know this was a spelling test
you guys: look at the calendar, because even though your new i expect you to know about it
you guys 2: i win because you don't use capitals
me: i don't understand why people are bugging me about grammar on a help forum
you guys: it's grammar day, a made up holiday that were gonna force on you even though all you wanted was help
you guys 2: now say sorry to us even though you didn't do anything
me: i didn't know about grammar day, you don't have to be so rude, i'm not going to say sorry
you guys: oh yeah, well your retarded
you guys 2: and a jerk
me: so i'm a retarded jerk now just because you cant get your own way
you guys: yeah, i treat everyone like crap and think its acceptable
you guys 2: you have to do whatever we say because you just have to because it's not like this is just a forum and i'm not a complete ass
me: um... ok... yeah, you are, but i'm not gonna say that because i have manners. and i like to spell like this
you guys: no it's too hard to read, well, not really we're just saying that because we cant get our own way
you guys 2: just gonna carry on name calling because it makes us look *soooo smart* and not pathetic or petty at all
me: all i wanted was some help, not to be harassed
you guys: what are you arguing for, we're obviously right! act like a guest and do what your told
you guys 2: yeah, retard
me: maybe if you weren't such asses about it i would have done what you wanted
you guys: your a retarded liar and i'm gonna take the piss out of you now.
me: i just don't want to be treated like shit for no reason.

and then you say no one was rude to me?
Rainne
Dimwitted Dunce

Oh, fuck.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009 December 19, 15:53:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since you love hyperbole, try this on for size instead:

You: o hay guise im gona totely post on this forum and look like an idiot coz i wilfully refuse to follow rules of written english even tho this is totely a text medium
MATY: Try using the rules of grammar, k?
You: screw you guise i dont liek teh rules of gramer coz i liek teh way it looks wen i rite liek a tard
MATY: Yeah, well, we think you're a retard.
You: whine, whiney mcwhinercakes
MATY: Now we really think you're a retard.

Or, alternately, for something a touch closer to reality:

You: o hay guise i need help can u plz helps meh
MATY: We'll be happy to help you, but you need to understand that one of the rules of this forum is that we require all posters to utilize proper grammar.
You: i don't LIKE proper grammar i think capitals look stupid and i want to use ellipsis all over the place whether its appropriate or not and screw your apostrophe and full-stops at ends of sentences
MATY: Okay, well, then prepare to be considered a retard and made fun of accordingly.
You: WAH im not a retard but what if i really was a retard would you talk like this to someone who really had the assburgers
MATY: Yes.
You: whine whiney mc whinercakes
MATY: Now we really think you're a retard.

You see?  So I'll tell you what: you start posting with proper grammar, including capitals and apostrophes and full-stops, and we'll start treating you with respect.  You have to EARN respect at MATY, Tardoholic.  It isn't just given.

Edit to add:

you guys: yeah, i treat everyone like crap and think its acceptable

Hi, welcome to MATY!  That's pretty much S.O.P. around here.

Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009 December 19, 15:53:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<snipped moar emo whining and bitching>
And then you say no one was rude to me?

I shall repeat what I said earlier, since it is evident that you are unable to either read or comprehend what you read:

THIS IS SPARTA MATY! We're not here to coddle your precious little feelings! Your blathering, nonsensical , butthurt bawling is pointed and laughed at with derision and scorn, because you are a fucking idiotic retard.

Grammar is important here at any time, but especially so on Grammar Day. Sporking is a sport. Whining just begets you more sporking.

In other words: Cry more, butthurt little emo whinebaby. Cry me a river.

supersimoholic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009 December 19, 16:27:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MATY: We'll be happy to help you, but you need to understand that one of the rules of this forum is that we require all posters to utilize proper grammar

actually, if someone had said something like this, instead of insulting me and calling me names, i would have been happy to add capitals and make sure i use the proper punctuation, but they didn't. "we would be happy to help you" wasn't what i got from "retarded jerk idiot"

on the first post, you guys could have just said "Hey, grammar is kind of important here. Next time, could you be a bit more careful with your spelling?" or even "Hey. Here everyone has to use proper grammar. It's a rule." instead of "Oi idiot. I felt like correcting you for no reason. You did this, this and this wrong. Bye." which, to me, is how it seemed because no one told me i had to use proper grammar, and then you started to demand it from me.

Now, I'm a very stubborn person. The fact that you wanted me to do this "just because" made me angry.

But, I know that if If I ever want any real help from this site (As it's probably the best place for help)
I'm going to have to comply.
But I'm not going to say sorry. I didn't deserve to be insulted the way I was.
Rainne
Dimwitted Dunce

Oh, fuck.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009 December 19, 16:47:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

on the first post, you guys could have just said "Hey, grammar is kind of important here. Next time, could you be a bit more careful with your spelling?" or even "Hey. Here everyone has to use proper grammar. It's a rule."

Sure, we COULD have.  But in case you haven't noticed yet, this is MATY.  FFS, our motto is MOAR FIGHT.  How many times do we have to tell you WE DON'T DO THINGS THE NICE WAY HERE?

Now, I'm a very stubborn person. The fact that you wanted me to do this "just because" made me angry.

There's no "just because" to it.  IT IS A FORUM RULE.  It's the same as if you were to, say, walk into my house and start smearing feces on the wall or kick my dog. I would justifiably beat your ass if you did that.  And that's basically what you did here by refusing to follow our rule that proper English is required on our forum.

Yes, you did.

RebeccaLynn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2009 December 19, 17:15:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far, this has been very entertaining. On a side note, would the grammar police officer be willing to help edit a book I am writing? Smiley

My biggest issue is punctuation, especially commas. I've never, quite, been able to get the hang of them.

Oh, and Merry Christmas!.
supersimoholic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2009 December 19, 18:38:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sure, we COULD have.  But in case you haven't noticed yet, this is MATY.  FFS, our motto is MOAR FIGHT.  How many times do we have to tell you WE DON'T DO THINGS THE NICE WAY HERE?
Well, I know that now, don't I. But I didn't before. I just thought it was like any other forum where your supposed to be nice or get kicked out.

There's no "just because" to it.  IT IS A FORUM RULE.  It's the same as if you were to, say, walk into my house and start smearing feces on the wall or kick my dog. I would justifiably beat your ass if you did that.  And that's basically what you did here by refusing to follow our rule that proper English is required on our forum.
No one actually said it was a rule, just something that was preferred.
And no, it's nothing like that.

Yes, you did.
I expected nothing less from you guys.
Rainne
Dimwitted Dunce

Oh, fuck.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009 December 19, 18:45:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far, this has been very entertaining. On a side note, would the grammar police officer be willing to help edit a book I am writing? Smiley

My biggest issue is punctuation, especially commas. I've never, quite, been able to get the hang of them.

Oh, and Merry Christmas!.

Fixed that for you.

Sure, we COULD have.  But in case you haven't noticed yet, this is MATY.  FFS, our motto is MOAR FIGHT.  How many times do we have to tell you WE DON'T DO THINGS THE NICE WAY HERE?
Well, I know that now, don't I? But I didn't before. I just thought it was like any other forum where you're supposed to be nice or get kicked out.

Fixed that for you.

There's no "just because" to it.  IT IS A FORUM RULE.  It's the same as if you were to, say, walk into my house and start smearing feces on the wall or kick my dog. I would justifiably beat your ass if you did that.  And that's basically what you did here by refusing to follow our rule that proper English is required on our forum.
No one actually said it was a rule, just something that was preferred.
And no, it's nothing like that.

You came into our house acting inappropriately and expected not to get a beatdown. Yeah, it's exactly like that.

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2009 December 19, 19:00:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this retard really complaining that people were RUDE? Good lord. Of COURSE we were rude. We HATE you.

RebeccaLynn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2009 December 19, 23:14:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fixed that for you.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 20, 16:54:04 by RebeccaLynn » Logged
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2009 December 19, 23:46:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

no one told me i had to use proper grammar, and then you started to demand it from me.
No one has to tell you.  It's in the rules on how not to post.  If you didn't read the rules and went forth with the expectations that this was just another tard-pampering forum like the BBS then it's your own fault.  Get over your mental block and accept that you brought this on yourself.  Learn from your mistakes instead of flapping your arms with indignation like some bratty 6 having a temper tantrum.

But, I know that if If I ever want any real help from this site (As it's probably the best place for help)
I'm going to have to comply.
Something like this; you're learning.  Only, don't expect anyone here to care that you're not sorry, and don't assume it matters to anyone that you felt it wasn't deserved.  Thing is, you don't have to read the FAQ, you don't have to use proper grammar, and no one here has to treat you with respect because you didn't care enough to do so.  It's like going for a swim in shark infested waters despite the sign the says "no swimming!"  Who's to blame when you get your limbs torn off since you didn't think the warning was important enough to read?
Dienaid
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2009 December 20, 14:55:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just thought it was like any other forum where your supposed to be nice or get kicked out.

You didn't lurk much, did you?
Mireille
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2009 December 21, 16:08:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

on the first post, you guys could have just said "Hey, grammar is kind of important here. Next time, could you be a bit more careful with your spelling?" or even "Hey. Here everyone has to use proper grammar. It's a rule." instead of "Oi idiot. I felt like correcting you for no reason. You did this, this and this wrong. Bye." which, to me, is how it seemed because no one told me i had to use proper grammar, and then you started to demand it from me.

I'm a n00b, so perhaps I'm overstepping my boundaries here, but yes, you were told this. The FAQ is quite clear about using proper grammar, and if you couldn't be bothered to read the forum FAQ before posting, you deserve what you get, dipshit. (Not to mention the fact that no matter what 12s seem to think, reasonably correct grammar is not, in fact, optional.)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: