More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 08:56:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  2.3+CC bullshit. I refuse to reinstall AGAIN.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: 2.3+CC bullshit. I refuse to reinstall AGAIN.  (Read 27803 times)
RandomInsolence
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
2.3+CC bullshit. I refuse to reinstall AGAIN.
« on: 2009 December 18, 15:38:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so I've been scouring various forums and google for the past 24 hours and I can't find a working answer to my problem. basically the launcher refuses to install about 70% of all my sims3packs, it goes through the motions, saying either "package already installed" or success. But yeah, that's pointless. Because either way, the installed icon doesn't pop up next to the file and therefore it's not in the game. I've tried the .dbc trick copied it to the packages folder and modded resource.cfg, doesn't work. I deleted every single cache related garbage in the documents folder. Emptied out the "library folder in the documents folder, emptied out dcbackup folder, even deleted everything in dccache. Then started up the launcher and tryed to install everything from scratch. No dice. So Tried the TSR launcher just for shits and giggles. It refuses to even start up on my system. I would just extract all the sims3packs to my mods\packages folder, but that doesn't help me with EA content like riverview and ect because I've heard that they're encrypted and probably can't be extracted.

Any suggestions? Because yeah. I'm about to spaz.

BTW: I've seen the riverview fix by coyote, I'll give it a try, sounds like it'll work, but that still doesn't explain how to get the rest of my CC and ea content back into the game.

Feh.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
Re: 2.3+CC bullshit. I refuse to reinstall AGAIN.
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 18, 15:52:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's because no one knows what the cause is yet.  Just be patient, like the rest of us.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
RandomInsolence
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 18, 15:56:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Feh. Patience is damn near impossible when you're tweaking on pseudoephedrine and an entire pot of coffee. lol. But thanks anyway.

Feh.
Elvie
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 18, 21:18:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Feh. Patience is damn near impossible when you're tweaking on pseudoephedrine and an entire pot of coffee. lol. But thanks anyway.

"Feh. Patience is damn near impossible when you're tweaking on pseudoephedrine and an entire pot of coffee (lol), but thanks anyway."

Happy Grammar Day!

rosemary
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 18, 21:49:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so I've been scouring various forums and google for the past 24 hours and I can't find a working answer to my problem. basically the launcher refuses to install about 70% of all my sims3packs, it goes through the motions, saying either "package already installed" or success. But yeah, that's pointless. Because either way, the installed icon doesn't pop up next to the file and therefore it's not in the game. I've tried the .dbc trick copied it to the packages folder and modded resource.cfg, doesn't work. I deleted every single cache related garbage in the documents folder. Emptied out the "library folder in the documents folder, emptied out dcbackup folder, even deleted everything in dccache. Then started up the launcher and tryed to install everything from scratch. No dice. So Tried the TSR launcher just for shits and giggles. It refuses to even start up on my system. I would just extract all the sims3packs to my mods\packages folder, but that doesn't help me with EA content like riverview and ect because I've heard that they're encrypted and probably can't be extracted.

BTW: I've seen the riverview fix by coyote, I'll give it a try, sounds like it'll work, but that still doesn't explain how to get the rest of my CC and ea content back into the game.
rosemary
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 18, 21:55:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have saved your simpack files

I re installed my base game then WA I patched base game from wa not launcher
I then downloaded all my cc after disconnecting from the internet I did not patch from launcher now my game runs perfectly with all my cc It seems that if you patch from your WA disc then refuse to patch WA your game will be back to pre update mode .This was the only thing that worked for me . I will wait for the world tool no point in having it if you cannnot play the game!! this MAY work for you if nothing else does  my CC now shows
One problem is that a  very few CC shows as a small round object do not use crashes game but 99% cc plus riverview ok
I previously tried all the recommended solutions to no avail I cannot promise anything but if your game is borked anyway it may be useful
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 December 18, 22:10:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have saved your simpack files:

I reinstalled my base game first, then WA. I patched base game from WA, and not launcher.

I then downloaded all my CC after disconnecting from the internet. I did not patch from launcher. My game now runs perfectly with all my CC. It seems that if you patch from your WA disc, then refuse to patch WA, your game will go / revert back to pre-update mode .This was the only thing that worked for me. I will wait for the world tool - there is no point in having it if you cann not play the game!!. This may work for you if nothing else does.  My CC now shows up.

One problem is that a very few CC items shows as small round objects. Do not use these items as they crashes the game. However 99% of CC, including Riverview, works fine for me now.[/b]

I previously tried all the recommended solutions to no avail. I cannot promise anything, but if your game is borked anyway it may be useful.

Grammar Day 2009: You fail.

Do you have a problem with punctuation? Have you been involved in any period-related mishaps lately?

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
TheSimsandwich
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 December 18, 22:27:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fuck EA, you'd think that when they patch small bugs that they'd make sure that they haven't created big ones in the process.
Druscylla
Corpulent Cretin

Wicked Stepsister

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 December 18, 22:42:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The grammar is one thing, the double posting is another Tongue

Anyhow, you basically have 3 choices. Use the fix that those of us who have our CC again and Riverview are using, have a fit and fall in it and refuse to play Sims, or wait for EA. Based on EA's super fast response to this issue already, I am not really wishing to depend on them to fix my game. Especially since this is all they are telling us:

Quote from: SimGuru_BGY_11
Hey folks,

We are aware of the issues with the 1.8 patch, and they are being looked into.  As soon as I have more information regarding this issue, or a solution, I'll be posting it here in the forums.

I realize this is frustrating for everyone, so thanks for your patience while we work on this for you.

-Big Guy-

Patience, Grasshopper. Enhance the calm.
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 December 18, 22:57:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well considering I reinstalled the whole damn thing and applied the previous patch ... I wait for EA.
Liveangel
Querulous Quidnunc

Meh.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2009 December 19, 02:47:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so I've been scouring various forums and google for the past 24 hours and I can't find a working answer to my problem. basically the launcher refuses to install about 70% of all my sims3packs, it goes through the motions, saying either "package already installed" or success. But yeah, that's pointless. Because either way, the installed icon doesn't pop up next to the file and therefore it's not in the game. I've tried the .dbc trick copied it to the packages folder and modded resource.cfg, but it didn't work. I deleted every single cache related garbage in the documents folder. Emptied out the [Stray quote deleted] library folder in the documents folder, emptied out dcbackup folder, even deleted everything in dccache. Then started up the launcher and tried to install everything from scratch. No dice. So I tried the TSR launcher just for shits and giggles. It refuses to even start up on my system. I would just extract all the sims3packs to my mods\packages folder, but that doesn't help me with EA content like Riverview, and etc because I've heard that they're encrypted and probably can't be extracted.

As for this sentence:
BTW: I've seen the Riverview fix by coyote, I'll give it a try, sounds like it'll work, but that still doesn't explain how to get the rest of my CC and EA content back into the game.

"Jesus is not Santa Claus for adults! Jesus is for everyone!"Edward Current
celestejwilliams
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 December 20, 00:04:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Regarding the Launcher not installing the sim packs, have you tried removing your packages folder (just to your desktop) and then trying to install through the Launcher? 

That worked for me but I was getting a initialization failed error message and I'm using a Mac. 
Botswana
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 December 20, 01:25:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA is a piece of shit. Seriously, their patches do more harm than good. All my wonderful custom content is gone.  Angry
Rosie
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 December 20, 01:32:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA is a piece of shit. Seriously, their patches do more harm than good. All my wonderful custom content is gone.  Angry

Actually, EAxis happens to be a prism that turns all kinds of brilliant colored lights into a fecal brown.

Dinner.
Soggy Fox
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 December 20, 03:05:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm more annoyed that when I installed and patched earlier, it was working - except my game had decided to take -every- property and place it beneath the rest of the map.

I reinstalled and now it refuses to load saying I don't have matching versions of the game.

EA and their shoddy coding gets more annoying than whether the CC will work.  When the game itself won't?  That's something that makes me want to go across the continent and go on a killing spree.
guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 December 21, 15:40:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought I was finally saved when I found all the incremental patches... 1.0.6->1.2.7->1.4.6->1.6.6->1.7.9 - before all my problems started...

WRONG REGION!

Region? Seriously? Who gives a flying f... about region? Who even makes a game with regions anymore? And there are only two versions apparently... US and Worldwide... Is it so that Americans won't accidentally install it a foreign language? Uuuurgh.. I hate EA... and they don't make the patches available so you can choose which motherfucking version you want to run.

This last patch is a god damned nightmare from top to bottom. Lost my entire neighborhood to a bug and most of my CC doesn't work.

EDIT: Looks like Gamershell (appropriately named for EA I think) has the worldwide patches. Will take another crack at it tomorrow. Hopefully I can get my damn 1.7.9/2.2.8 back... curse me for updating before letting other people "beta test" such a large patch.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 21, 15:52:32 by guardianpegasus » Logged
kennyinbmore
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 December 21, 16:19:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel for you man. I learned from TS2 that you always wait to see the results of any ea patch before introducing it to your game.
guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 December 22, 02:58:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've reeeally learned my lesson... just hope I can get the old version up and running again. Probably won't patch again until the next expansion, unless I have another critical problem. And I'm making a patch & awesomemod archive.

EDIT: 1.7.9/2.2.8 up and running, all CC working, and I am yet again bug free Cheesy
« Last Edit: 2009 December 22, 04:02:08 by guardianpegasus » Logged
anthonyfatale
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 December 22, 07:16:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can not believe what they are getting away with. I mean, I'm just sitting here, cleaning my gun and thinking to myself: This is supposed to be fun!?
Audrey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 December 22, 07:37:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've reeeally learned my lesson... just hope I can get the old version up and running again. Probably won't patch again until the next expansion, unless I have another critical problem. And I'm making a patch & awesomemod archive.

EDIT: 1.7.9/2.2.8 up and running, all CC working, and I am yet again bug free Cheesy

Erm, GP, would you mind enlightening us cretins on how you managed to effect this 'bug free' status?  Step-by-step would be nice.
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 December 22, 07:51:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Erm, GP, would you mind enlightening us cretins on how you managed to effect this 'bug free' status?  Step-by-step would be nice.

Read carefully. He/she only patched up to 1.7 and 2.2, which was what I suggested you do as well. This is WHY I suggested that.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 December 23, 04:09:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1.7.9/2.2.8 is an absolute blessing and I curse myself for ever patching... with EA you just never know what you get :s

Gamershell.com (appropriately named for EA) has both US and Worldwide patches.

Move your savegame somewhere safe. Uninstall Sims 3 & World Adventures. Delete their folders manually (Awesomemod and framework will remain).

Install Sims 3 basegame only.

Apply:
Sims3_1.6.6.002002_from_1.0.631.00002.exe
Sims3_1.7.9.002002_from_1.6.6.002002.exe

Install World Adventures, and apply:
Sims3_2.2.8.002002_from_2.0.86.002002.exe

Install framework, awesomemod 1.7.9/2.2.8, savegame, custom content

EDIT: Oh, and it's important that you don't install both games at once. World Adventures will patch Sims 3 to 1.5.something for which I dunno if there is a patch available.
EDIT #2: Also, the patches ending in 02 are worldwide. Patches ending in 01 are US region.
anthonyfatale
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 December 24, 02:00:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any one on a mac know where I can find a 2.2.3 patch for mac. There are very few patches online for mac. Sad
guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 December 24, 04:48:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry Anthony, it took me a good while to find the patches, especially worldwide...

I just had a quick look, though... and it does say "PC Only & Mac Only" specific fixes... could it be that these patches are for both PC&MAC?

If so, then you could try these patches at gamershell.com

EDIT: Come to think of it, it makes perfect sense, since MACs now use Intel x86 processors, it wouldn't make sense to code the game in a different format. There would only be a very few differences in the executable.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 24, 06:53:23 by guardianpegasus » Logged
tabbs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2009 December 25, 21:27:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where do you get the framework? And thank you for the walk-through I am installing WA now, so this will be interesting to see if it works.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: