More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:24:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  How to Completely Remove AwesomeMod?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How to Completely Remove AwesomeMod?  (Read 9771 times)
bucketgurrl
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
How to Completely Remove AwesomeMod?
« on: 2009 December 17, 00:56:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way to completely remove AwesomeMod off of the computer?  I reinstalled my Sims 3 game on this computer after some complications trying to install it on another, and so I have nothing at all downloaded into the Sims 3 files.  I got the latest game patch, which was an absolute mistake because it freezes the game at the loading screen.  So I installed it again without using the patch, but when I went to play the game, I couldn't play because it said AwesomeMod was expired.  But I can't find AwesomeMod anywhere on my computer!  Does it just follow the game or something? 

I do understand that maybe I shouldn't have installed the mod in the first place, but I didn't know that I was going to have such complications with the Sims game which led to this problem.  But is there any way at all to be completely rid of the AwesomeMod?  And will it follow the game if I install it on another computer?

Any HELPFUL (meaning NOT DEBASING, as I have seen other times on this forum) comments will be very appreciated!  Thanks!
Greyform
Dimwitted Dunce

Grey pride

View Profile
Re: How to Completely Remove AwesomeMod?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 17, 01:07:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I eagerly await the more entertaining posts that are bound to follow (but probably won't now that I said something); however, this one will be boring.

First, there is no way AwesomeMod is "following your game." If you uninstalled and reinstalled into the same directory, it never moved at all, so it would still be there. The uninstaller will not delete files that you add yourself.

Now, to remove AM, just find the awesome.package and aweconf.package (assuming you installed it) and delete them. They will likely be in the Mods\Packages folder where you originally installed them. That's all there is to it, really.
sheep_plushi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 17, 02:25:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it would be impressive if the mod stalked your game actually. Maybe you got the special version that dug a hole in your registry and is now living there.

I park on your car.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 17, 02:38:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be more impressive if J.M was stalking you...

Franziska
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 17, 09:16:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh my, may I suggest that coconnor adds a "How to remove AwesomeMod"-section to his thread? This may avoid other threads like this one.

On the other hand, it might not.

Bucketgurrl, your AwesomeMod has expired so you need to get a new version. It is still there where you downloaded it in the first place. Pescado updates it frequently. Clear your browser cache, and for good measure, your game cache, redownload and re-install AwesomeMod. How to do so is explained in the Sticky by coconnor.

-Define "interesting"! - Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esTVVjpTzIY
sheep_plushi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 17, 15:44:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

redownload and re-install AwesomeMod[/b].

This is NOT how to completely remove awesomemod. I can't think of a worse way to remove it in fact.

I park on your car.
Franziska
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 December 17, 16:33:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is NOT how to completely remove awesomemod. I can't think of a worse way to remove it in fact.

Well, the OP stated that AM was expired and therefore wanted it gone because she didn't think about the option to simply get a new version. If she gets the latest AM and can install it properly there should be no reason to get rid of it. Unless she doesn't want to use it anymore. Granted, I didn't elaborate that in my post. Sorry to cause confusion.

Jenipunch
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 December 17, 16:59:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I did to completely remove AwesomeMod from my game was the following: while my game (the 1.7.9 patch) was still installed, I went injto my Packages folder and deleted both the Awesome and Aweconf packages. Then I uninstalled and re-installed my game. When I played my newly re-installed game without AwesomeMod, it worked fine. Hope that helps.
Zouflain
Blathering Buffoon

"Who set all these labmonkeys free?!"

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 December 17, 22:50:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then I uninstalled and re-installed my game.
If you don't want to do this, be sure at least to clear your caches.  Not sure what Awesomemod might leave in there, but it's always a good idea to keep your caches clean when changing around CC.  There's an old bootup utility that will clear your caches floating around here somewhere.
sheep_plushi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 December 17, 23:28:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the OP stated that AM was expired and therefore wanted it gone because she didn't think about the option to simply get a new version. If she gets the latest AM and can install it properly there should be no reason to get rid of it. Unless she doesn't want to use it anymore. Granted, I didn't elaborate that in my post. Sorry to cause confusion.

I guess I can understand that. My brain was working along the lines of 'if you don't know how to work it just don't bother'. If the OP gets frustrated with AM that easily I doubt they want to keep up with the constant updating so it may be best they just forget it for now. They even said 'I do understand that maybe I shouldn't have installed the mod in the first place' so I think AM was a little more than what they were looking for.

I park on your car.
Franziska
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 December 18, 08:11:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess I can understand that. My brain was working along the lines of 'if you don't know how to work it just don't bother'. If the OP gets frustrated with AM that easily I doubt they want to keep up with the constant updating so it may be best they just forget it for now. They even said 'I do understand that maybe I shouldn't have installed the mod in the first place' so I think AM was a little more than what they were looking for.

I know what you mean. Usually "my brain" works like that, too. I think all the Christmas songs are finally getting to me and making me way to mellow.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: