More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:20:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Patch 1.8/2.3 plus Create a World Released
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Patch 1.8/2.3 plus Create a World Released  (Read 235802 times)
dawnkay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Patch 1.8/2.3 plus Create a World Released
« Reply #325 on: 2009 December 21, 00:53:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I reinstalled my games. Both sims 3 and Wa are from torrents. Fresh installed patched game. No hacks or anything. My game crashes when it is loading up the neighborhood. I tried both sunset valley and Riverview. Can anyone tell me how to get my neighborhood to load?
tryguy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: 2009 December 21, 01:45:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So much performance is lost through having too many .package objects installed. Performance wise, it seems sims3packs are far better than using the framework and .package to install object mods, yet there isnt a reliable way to make sims3packs from package files, nor is there a nice clean (working) way to install sims3packs. What we really need, for the sake of game performance, is a way to add package and sims3pack to a custom dbc without having to load the game to do it like the current horrible launchers.
That's easy. A DBC is just a package file where all the contents have been catted together.

So, just to clarify, is it "literally" packages being catted together (ie cat package1.package package2.package package3.package > dcdb4.dbc) or is it just approximately the same? It'd be great if we could just dump a folder of packages on top of a tool to make these files. People have already said that ripping store packages out of their dbc's leads to massive loading times. So, since I have TOO MANY packages (and have a loading time of 10 minutes, and a saving time of too long, each time I save), I'd really like if I could toss in a structured set of folders -- see, I changed my mind. Now I'm thinking it should handle branching folders, since that's how I keep my packages in the mods directory -- to it and come out with a nice (big) custom dbc file.

Oh, and, are there any limits to what can go into these files? Like, could AwesomeMod get crunched in together like that as well, PES? Or would certain packages need to remain in the mods folder?
daydreamer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: 2009 December 21, 02:36:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone have a solution to this?

I've followed all of the directions posted on MTS about installing patches and what to do if an invalid file error pops up. I've even reinstalled the game. The error still pops up. The file causing all the mayhem is a 'code_version.txt' file. No matter what, it shows up in red with MTS's Patch Log Viewer program. I'm not sure what else there is to do to fix it. I don't have WA and I have no CC.
TGallo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: 2009 December 21, 03:38:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I don't have a solution but my game will not load with WA installed. It's an arr'd version but the game works fine with 1.8 patch. I did not use the launcher for the patch though. I am sick of uninstalling and reinstalling WA so until there is a way to fix it without AM(no offense, I just don't have the patience for what you have to do at this point.) I did however, have to do the fix from MTS with the DCC file.
Audrey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: 2009 December 21, 07:30:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Coconner!!  This works.  I have deleted the offending files and the load time is down from 45 mins to 3-4.  Thanks for the tip.  Now all I need is to get me sims3pack files back.  
How many files are there in DCCache which need to be copied over to the packages file?  I see only 2.  dccbt.ebc and missingdeps.idx.  Should there be more files?

Editing to say that I also ran the launcher and the sims3pack stuff which I had downloaded from other sites is now showing up, but not the Sims3 site stuff which I had before.  Some of it is no loss but there is a nice suit that I want back.  

Now the next step is to install World Adventures without causing too much damage to my computer.

What is likely to happen?  I am assuming that patch 2.3 is the one that comes down the launcher when WA is installed and again I am assuming that Awesomemod is up to speed with that patch as it does say 1.8/2.3 which is the one I have currently installed.  Is Create a World also going to come down the launcher as well, because I am not interested in this and how do I stop it if this is the case?

Audrey:  You should have at least 1 file with the ending .dbc in the DCCache.

Editing: suddenly the .dbc file is showing up in my DCCache and also missingdeps.idx. 

Should I follow your instructions a few pages back before I install WA or after?
« Last Edit: 2009 December 21, 08:10:14 by Audrey » Logged
Brand
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: 2009 December 21, 08:20:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dear EA Games,

I hate you.

Yours Truly,
Everyone.

====
Ug, I'm such an idiot for not checking forums before I installed a patch from EA. You would think I would know better by now.

Finally got everything working I think, including Riverview which was huge PITA that took me like 7 attempts to reinstall it fresh from the store. I have retail versions of both games and my original Riverview was from the store too (goodbye Legacy house). I get a weird string of numbers instead of a description, but Riverview is there and working.

Unless there is something I don't realize is gone yet the .dbc file copy method otherwise fixed up my issues. Load times to switch back and forth from adventure destiniations is horrific, and loading clothes in the CAS seems really laggy but otherwise I can't find other problems. I'm hoping this was just giant clusterfudge and not some misguided attempt to inflict more intrusive protections into their game but I'm not so sure with EA's record.

A really big thanks to everyone for all the research and fixes!
Audrey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: 2009 December 21, 08:31:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another question Coconnor.  The sims3pack files which are now showing up in your game, are they legally obtained, because mine came down via Torrent, so will you method work with arred content?

Brand, I have to say I heartily agree with you.  They seem to be doing everything in their power to make simming as miserable an experience as possible for those who arred.  But, they are in the business of making money and they think they have found a way to thwart us, but they did not reckon on the clever peeps here and on MTS. 
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: 2009 December 21, 08:39:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Coconner!!  This works.  I have deleted the offending files and the load time is down from 45 mins to 3-4.  Thanks for the tip.  Now all I need is to get me sims3pack files back.  
How many files are there in DCCache which need to be copied over to the packages file?  I see only 2.  dccbt.ebc and missingdeps.idx.  Should there be more files?

Editing to say that I also ran the launcher and the sims3pack stuff which I had downloaded from other sites is now showing up, but not the Sims3 site stuff which I had before.  Some of it is no loss but there is a nice suit that I want back.  

Now the next step is to install World Adventures without causing too much damage to my computer.

What is likely to happen?  I am assuming that patch 2.3 is the one that comes down the launcher when WA is installed and again I am assuming that Awesomemod is up to speed with that patch as it does say 1.8/2.3 which is the one I have currently installed.  Is Create a World also going to come down the launcher as well, because I am not interested in this and how do I stop it if this is the case?

Audrey:  You should have at least 1 file with the ending .dbc in the DCCache.

Editing: suddenly the .dbc file is showing up in my DCCache and also missingdeps.idx. 

Should I follow your instructions a few pages back before I install WA or after?
Yes.  I don't know whether it matters at all.  I did this after both games were installed and patched (and everything seems to be showing).
Another question Coconnor.  The sims3pack files which are now showing up in your game, are they legally obtained, because mine came down via Torrent, so will you method work with arred content?

Brand, I have to say I heartily agree with you.  They seem to be doing everything in their power to make simming as miserable an experience as possible for those who arred.  But, they are in the business of making money and they think they have found a way to thwart us, but they did not reckon on the clever peeps here and on MTS. 
Some legally obtained, some shared.  And just so you know, credit for this is not mine.  There were a couple of others here who found this method ... I only copied what they had done.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
Audrey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: 2009 December 21, 11:17:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks coconnor.

I don't even know if this is the right forum for this problem, but maybe someone else has had the same problem.  

Loaded WA and patched to 2.3.  Took out CC and loaded game from launcher.  No problem.  Put cc in - won't go past the first loading screen.  Took out all hacks EXCEPT for AM, no loading.  Took out AM and voila off it goes loading merrily.  

Stuff EA.  I am so angry.  The base game was working fine with 1.8/2.3 , so it must be something to do with the WA/latest patch/AM compatibility.  Although I am confused when I read that many people are able to load their game.

I simply can't live without AM.  I would rather uninstall WA and play base game forever, but I'm hoping I won't have to do that and someone, er, Pes, might know how to fix this.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: 2009 December 21, 11:20:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could not reproduce, game loads fine for me using the 1.8/2.3 version in the test directory. You must be using the wrong version.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Audrey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: 2009 December 21, 12:16:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Erm, Pes, I needed to do the whole set up the framework story which some kind person directed me too.

Thank you coconnor for your great tutorial on that.  My game is now loading and awesome awesomemod is working perfectly. 

Happy bunny.
kennyinbmore
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: 2009 December 21, 16:25:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dear EA Games,

I hate you.

Yours Truly,
Everyone.

====
Ug, I'm such an idiot for not checking forums before I installed a patch from EA. You would think I would know better by now.

Not to add insult to injury , but didn't you learn that from the TS2 days? I know I did
simfan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: 2009 December 21, 18:34:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think there is a list out yet. However some people reported that certain files they had downloaded for Sims 3 in actuality were sims 2 files. Obviously the game can't run them so they attempted to load in a loop causing longer load times. Its really best if you get it and run it yourself, though it is a somewhat long process. Its very much worth it if you are suffering grossly large load times.

I can't run it. I have a mac.
TGallo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: 2009 December 21, 20:11:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, if you want to download non-store sims3packs (such as from TSR, Parsimonious, or Around The Sims) at this point, go ahead. BUT, the installation is dodgy. Some will install and some won't. In the event of an uninstallable .sims3pack, just convert it to a .package with JFade's 3viewer (http://forum.jfade.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=466) and drop it into the mods/packages folder. It should show up just fine.

I just wanted to say thanks for posting this part. I don't have a MAC but I used this program for all the stuff I get from here and everything now works perfectly! Thanks again!
Cathy
Blathering Buffoon

Heavy Sleper

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: 2009 December 21, 20:43:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lags! That's what EA gave me as a Christmas gift!!

Batman
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: 2009 December 21, 22:12:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coconner- thanks for all the help and congrats for making TSR unwillingly suck your cawk.  Wink

Quick question though, I have been idle from the game a while (before even the FIRST fucked up patch) and didn't know of the issues they presented (dumb of me to believe EA wouldn't shit on their own game/fanbase). Any way, I didn't install the last two store updates and therefore they aren't installed. Can I convert sims3pack to packages and install them to the mod>packages? If so, does Delphy's Sims3Pack Multi Installer (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=364038&c=1&ht=0&page=5&pp=25#startcomments) process this conversion or just simply extract the files?

Thanks!

geminia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: 2009 December 21, 23:56:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i'm one of the unlucky ones...my hd crashed so i had to install everything from scratch. Unfortunatelly i patched before installing any store content... now i can only install free itmes and riverview. The workaround does not work for me since items are not installed. I had to use delphy's multi installer to manage to install all my store items and other sims3package files. However this slowed down my game like hell, it even lags sometimes and still half of my cc are missing... I think the only way around this is to unnistal, reinstall , then install all the launcher files , use workaround and THEN patch...Seriously EA is really trying to kill their customers interest by any means possible Cry

NO TINYURLING THE DRAGONS! < ---- Pitty, but good to know anyway
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: 2009 December 22, 00:37:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coconner- thanks for all the help and congrats for making TSR unwillingly suck your cawk.  Wink

Quick question though, I have been idle from the game a while (before even the FIRST fucked up patch) and didn't know of the issues they presented (dumb of me to believe EA wouldn't shit on their own game/fanbase). Any way, I didn't install the last two store updates and therefore they aren't installed. Can I convert sims3pack to packages and install them to the mod>packages? If so, does Delphy's Sims3Pack Multi Installer (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=364038&c=1&ht=0&page=5&pp=25#startcomments) process this conversion or just simply extract the files?

Thanks!
You're welcome!  Hmm, I'm a bit perplexed about the TSR thing.  I visited their site and posted directly to the moderator and to the guy who first brought me to attention telling them that they're free to post the contents of the file (it's not proprietary information), however, I do not want them to direct people to Google me.

I'm not the best one to ask about the other issues, I have never extracted Sims3 packs to packages.  As of the last patch, the package files were a problem in that they slowed the game way down.  You may want to ask Skadi about the method to use or try searching "converting Sims 3.packs to packages"  and, in fact, she has done this already to some of the files and they are in the Pudding Factory:  http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,16949.msg508899.html#msg508899.

Once you have the packages installed, you will most likely need to go to MTS2 where they have a program called "Process Monitor" (courtesy of TickleOnTheTum) and Delphy posted a screenshot of a filter (but there are more).  A bit tedious (like everything else with this game is becoming), but it may help.

simfan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: 2009 December 22, 02:37:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

is there any way we can compress our Sims 3 packaged content , like we did to Sims 2 packages?

Aldo where at MTS can I find this Process Monitor?
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: 2009 December 22, 06:47:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if it's good to compress the files at this point, given that we're having problems installing them.  I think you better search MOAR before making that decision.  But, before this we were using S3rc which is available here at MATY under the "Armoire of Invincibility".

As far as the Process Monitor, if you read through this thread there are links, I believe, to the thread that has the Process Monitor in it (page 11 of the thread and the Delphy screen shots are on page 12 of the thread).  It took me less time to go there and copy the link to the thread than to try to find it here, so here is the link:  http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=379085.

Freezerburn
Dimwitted Dunce

I haet F-ly retarded snowflaek

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: 2009 December 22, 09:17:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if it's good to compress the files at this point, given that we're having problems installing them.  I think you better search MOAR before making that decision.  But, before this we were using S3rc which is available here at MATY under the "Armoire of Invincibility".

As far as the Process Monitor, if you read through this thread there are links, I believe, to the thread that has the Process Monitor in it (page 11 of the thread and the Delphy screen shots are on page 12 of the thread).  It took me less time to go there and copy the link to the thread than to try to find it here, so here is the link:  http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=379085.

thanks! i was about to ask about it

ISTJ                       
Imma Ee Ass Elle
Don't Abuse The Search Box!
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: 2009 December 22, 09:48:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks! I was about to ask about it

And I was about to ask about your resistance to the poor, under-used shift key on your keyboard. Did they issue you with a defective one, or did yours do something to offend you?

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
SonnetCeles
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: 2009 December 22, 16:57:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Coconner: That explains the recent surge of nublets bawwing about how the game doesn't work and wanting Pescado to "plz fixes it...".  Despite the initial annoyance, the MATY responses and ensuing emo butthurt is exceedingly entertaining

Other than that, the patch looks just like a standard EA fail patch. 

So I'll skip this one until Pescado decide he's sufficiently beaten it into submission with an awesome-schtick.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: 2009 December 22, 19:37:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I was about to ask about your resistance to the poor, under-used shift key on your keyboard. Did they issue you with a defective one, or did yours do something to offend you?
"Underused" is not a hyphenate.   Smiley

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
simfan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: 2009 December 22, 20:54:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks coconnor
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: