More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 19:39:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Patch 1.8/2.3 plus Create a World Released
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Patch 1.8/2.3 plus Create a World Released  (Read 236649 times)
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
Re: Patch 1.8/2.3 plus Create a World Released
« Reply #200 on: 2009 December 17, 18:07:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Mods>Files folder shouldn't be there and likewise the resource.cfg.  I believe Pescado has changed the download of the framework now, although I'm not certain.

As for your other question, I have no idea what .ebc means.  EA apparently set up some different file save formats for the DCCache folder.  I just copied the entire contents of what I had in that folder to the one I created in Mods>Packages.

I'll download whatever framework is now posted and check it but I take it you are saying that the files folder should just be deleted, correct?

Since you copied the entire contents of your DCCache folder, did you have a .ebc file in there that you went ahead and included?  In addition to the .ebc in my DCCache folder there is also a .idx file.  Did you have that in your DCCache and copy it as well?

BTW, I would also like to thank you for posting your resource.cfg file.  It's a big help to those of us who had originally copied a resource.cfg to begin with, lol.

Yes, I have dcdb0.dbc; dcdb0.ebc; dcdb1.dbc  and missingdeps.idx and I copied all of them into the new file in Mods>Packages.  I didn't delete them from their original locations.  Also, in regard to the Mods>Files folder - yes, I think we had determined before this patch that this file was not needed and could be deleted.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
DoraDoraBoBora
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2009 December 17, 18:10:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just for the record. I have retail versions of both Sims 3 and World Adventures. I let both games patch via the launcher, and when I loaded my game, all the content was there... except for Store items I downloaded from here. So I followed coconner's instructions here:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17592.125.html

And now my game works perfectly, all patched up, downloads all showing up. Thanks so much for taking the time to post that, coconner. That, and your Awesome Mod guide, have saved me a lot of headaches.

As to the game itself, I haven't played it much yet, but it sure seems to load a lot quicker than it used to, and it runs a bit more smoothly. I haven't tried the in-game purchase option, and don't intend to. I don't have Create-A-World installed.

Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2009 December 17, 18:28:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Riverview shows up.  However I have all retail bought Sims 3 and WA expansion.  I had DLed Riverview through the Sims 3 website and had installed it through the launcher.  I have no idea what you should do if you have Arred copies or DLed Riverview elsewhere.

You might need to delete Riverview from the launcher, reinstall it and recopy the DCCache files.  Maybe something got lost along the way.

Don't forget if you install anything with the launcher after coping your DCCache files over, that you will need to copy those files again and replace them in the Mods folder every time you fiddle with files in the launcher.

You can copy what I typed in my above post and paste it right over top of whatever was in your Resource.cfg file.  All I did was added the *dcb paths.  If you changed your file to add more folders then you should already know what to copy and what to leave in your original file.
I.Am.She
Asinine Airhead

Fanny Lips

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2009 December 17, 18:38:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't use cracks. Use Awesomemod instead.

This worked.  Fixed my crash to desktop when loading a saved game/new game.

I.Am.She, did you try that?  You have to run the game through the .exe, and not the patcher this way.

Nope, good shout... Will try this tonight when I get home! Ta Lena Smiley

My game was also crashing to desktop when I tried to create or load a game. (I have a retail copy of the base game, but an Arr'd copy of WA.) Replacing my cracked WA .exe with the original (and using Awesomemod to bypass the CD) also fixed my crash-to-desktop issue.

Editing the Resource.cfg file and moving the contents of the DCCache into the mods folder worked for all my downloaded content (purchased or otherwise), with the exception of Riverview. I tried copying the contents, so it was in both locations as Simsample suggested, but it made no difference. I then installed Riverview via the Launcher, and though it said it installed properly, it is not in the drop-down menu for town templates.

I have not tried downloading Riverview from the exchange, and probably won't bother. If I can get the CAW to work, I don't need their templates anyway, I guess.

Well... Ive just replaced the cracked exe with the original, installed AM and started up again... Still crashing to desktop. I hoped this would sort it too Sad I'm going to try one last time to do an uninstall and re-install it...

This is a fucking pain in the arse.
Lena
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2009 December 17, 19:04:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well... Ive just replaced the cracked exe with the original, installed AM and started up again... Still crashing to desktop. I hoped this would sort it too Sad I'm going to try one last time to do an uninstall and re-install it...

Did you remember to use the uncracked TSLHost.dll too?
I.Am.She
Asinine Airhead

Fanny Lips

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2009 December 17, 19:13:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I uninstalled WA, the base game runs fine. surprise surprise.
So I chanced it, and re-installed WA, patched up because it told me I had to, but a new bug... Now the MAIN loading screen wont even budge, not even a percentage will budge...

I'm so close to giving up on this game.
I.Am.She
Asinine Airhead

Fanny Lips

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2009 December 17, 19:15:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you remember to use the uncracked TSLHost.dll too?

Yup. Looks like WA will remain uninstalled untill I can figure something out.

Thanks for your help though Smiley

EDIT - Panic over... it now fucking works!! I uninstalled WA, ran the base game, fine, re-installed WA, put the framework files into both folders, except the cfg file,  ran it again and wallah... we have an updated, working game with the expansion pack installed...

Now after all that hassle, I dont even want to play the pissing game. Im sick of the sight of it... ARGH
« Last Edit: 2009 December 17, 19:26:11 by I.Am.She » Logged
i saw drones
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2009 December 17, 19:53:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EDIT - Panic over... it now fucking works!! I uninstalled WA, ran the base game, fine, re-installed WA, put the framework files into both folders, except the cfg file,  ran it again and wallah... we have an updated, working game with the expansion pack installed...

Now after all that hassle, I dont even want to play the pissing game. Im sick of the sight of it... ARGH

This actually fixed my game too. Thanks for reporting what you did Smiley
dolldrms
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2009 December 17, 19:56:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Mods>Files folder shouldn't be there and likewise the resource.cfg.  I believe Pescado has changed the download of the framework now, although I'm not certain.

I'll download whatever framework is now posted and check it but I take it you are saying that the files folder should just be deleted, correct?

Since you copied the entire contents of your DCCache folder, did you have a .ebc file in there that you went ahead and included?  In addition to the .ebc in my DCCache folder there is also a .idx file.  Did you have that in your DCCache and copy it as well?

Yes, I have dcdb0.dbc; dcdb0.ebc; dcdb1.dbc  and missingdeps.idx and I copied all of them into the new file in Mods>Packages.  I didn't delete them from their original locations.  Also, in regard to the Mods>Files folder - yes, I think we had determined before this patch that this file was not needed and could be deleted.

I did download the framework now on the site.  It still contains a Mods>Files Folder within which are 2 files, another Resource.cfg and a DDFMap.txt file.  Hence, I am reluctant to delete the Files folder because I don't know how important that DDFMap file is.  For the time being, I've decided to leave it alone until that is clarified for me.  Also, as an experiment since I don't doubt your advice because it has been rock solid, I still have copied only the .dbc files to the Mods>Packages folder and all cc Ive checked specifically for is showing up.  I am wondering if the .ebc file contains cc installed by the launcher but is not EA content, i.e. from TSR.  I did have a few patterns installed from them this way and they did show up after updating.

BTW, in addition to the files you list as having in DCCache, I also have a dcdb2.dbc file.  Hmmm, wonder why the difference.
DigiGekko
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2009 December 17, 21:17:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone gotten an overstuffed house to work yet with the new patch? My main neighborhood loads fine, but my more story-based one with an overstuffed house as the active family causes the load bar to stop about 1/5 the way through. Since they're still active, I can't get in the hood at all at the moment to see if this is the problem.

I know EA mentioned some stuff about having over 8 sims living in one lot and crap, so whatever change they made probably borked the current version of AM (although the test version does otherwise work).

Just looking for a confirmation from anyone who has an overstuffed household.
Fireyhellpixie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2009 December 17, 21:40:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not a hacker or modder but I got my CC to work.  What I did was I copied my resource.cfg files to my desktop.  I had 2, I have always had 2 and I have no idea why or how, but my CC has been working so why change what ain't broke?

BACK UP!! your DCCache, your Mods folder, saves, and resource.cfg files.
Copy your resource.cfg file/s to your desk top.
To edit your resource.cfg you have to change .cfg to .txt and say okay when the computer yells at you.
Just copy and paste this into your resource.txt

Priority 500
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.dbc
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.dbc
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.dbc
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*.dbc
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*/*.dbc

Click save and then rename the file back to resource.cfg.  Place it back in your Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/ World Adventure folder.  

I have another resource.cfg file in my Mods folder/Files. I made it look like this:

Priority 500
DirectoryFiles  Mods/Files/... autoupdate
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.dbc

I have no idea if I need it, so skip this if you do not have one there.

Then I copied my files in my DCCache folder into the Misc folder under Mods.  I have no idea if I need to delete the DCCache, I didn't and things were working well.

I will update this if people tell me it is wrong, but my game is working, my CC is showing up, I do not lag horribly and my load times are about the same as before.

I was following this tutorial and as easy as it was to change the cfg to a txt... it wouldn't revert back to a cfg.  It would remain a txt file despite the cfg exetnsion seeing as how I could not access the txt ending.  Is there some other way I can open it to alter this?  I tried to play around in properties, but no luck so far. 
Druscylla
Corpulent Cretin

Wicked Stepsister

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2009 December 17, 21:46:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another problem I can report: When I start my launcher at all whether its through inserting the disc and it autoplays, or I click the shortcut or attempt to install anything with it the launcher will not go away. I cannot close it with the X, I cannot close it from my task bar and it doesn't close if I go ahead and start the game. I have to force it to shutdown from my task manager. This gets better and better.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2009 December 17, 22:10:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another problem I can report: When I start my launcher at all whether its through inserting the disc and it autoplays, or I click the shortcut or attempt to install anything with it the launcher will not go away. I cannot close it with the X, I cannot close it from my task bar and it doesn't close if I go ahead and start the game. I have to force it to shutdown from my task manager. This gets better and better.
I had the same problem.  It seems that using the TS3 launcher and not the one the comes up from the WA shortcut works better.  I actually called EA because of this and the fact that Riverview wouldn't reinstall.  Of course, at the end of the call they ended up recommending that I uninstall, reinstall and patch both games ... which I reluctantly did.  Then I still had the issue with the launcher from the expansion shortcut being unresponsive, so I clicked the TS3 base game shortcut and that one worked for me.  I reinstalled Riverview.  After that I replaced all my other files.

I was following this tutorial and as easy as it was to change the cfg to a txt... it wouldn't revert back to a cfg.  It would remain a txt file despite the cfg exetnsion seeing as how I could not access the txt ending.  Is there some other way I can open it to alter this?  I tried to play around in properties, but no luck so far. 
What operating system are you using.  It has to do with hidden file extensions.

Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2009 December 17, 22:12:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was following this tutorial and as easy as it was to change the cfg to a txt... it wouldn't revert back to a cfg.  It would remain a txt file despite the cfg exetnsion seeing as how I could not access the txt ending.  Is there some other way I can open it to alter this?  I tried to play around in properties, but no luck so far.  

Hmm...when you save, close the notepad and you should be looking at the file on your desktop.  Right click it and "rename" and change the .txt to .cfg It should work.  If it is not, then maybe it is a permission problem?

If it will still not rename, delete the copies on your desktop and start all over by copying a new resource file and try again (You made back ups right!?).  I don't know what to say to help any more than that.

Oh I have file extensions unhidden too, so make sure you do that.

You can not edit the file while it is in your Sims 3 directory, since permission to change those files while they are in those directories can be screwy.  Make sure it is on your desktop or some other folder.

And I am also having a bitch of a time with my Launcher.  I have been trying to delete a file and it just keeps paging through all of my CC and then pages back up...never stops.  I have to close it with the task manager.
CLmeow
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2009 December 17, 22:19:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I cannot get my launcher to launch!  When I click on it to start it, it just crashes and wonderful Vista just checks to see if there's a solution (waste of time that).  Is there a solution to that?
My internet went down last night, so I decided to play the Sims 3, but once I got to the world I got a pop up that said Awesome Mod was out dated and it closed the game for me.  I can't find that frigging program (I recall installing it) to remove it either.  It's more annoying than helpful!
When I finally got internet today, I discovered the CaW, after I updated Awesome of course, and so I downloaded that and tried to run it.  I was told I had to patch, so I ran the launcher and patched, then the launcher crashed.  I did not think anything of it at the time, was trying to run CaW.  I spent a frustrated couple hour trying to figure out the Create a World, guess I am too stupid to use it.
Then I came here to see what was being said about it.  I read this post and after seeing what was happening here, I recalled my crash and decided to try it again.  It crashed again.  I changed my resources.cfg file as instructed and moved the files.  Tried it again, crash.  What did I miss?

Cats don't hunt seals. They would if they knew what they were and where to find them. But they don't, so that's all right. - Terry Pratchett
Cats instinctively know the exact moment their owners will wake up. Then they wake them 10 minutes sooner.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2009 December 17, 22:28:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't use the launcher to start the game.  Use 3-booter instead.  Available from the "Armoire of Invincibility" thread.  The launcher should only be used to install Sims3 packs.

ETA:  This works in conjunction with AwesomeMod.

KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2009 December 17, 22:30:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was following this tutorial and as easy as it was to change the cfg to a txt... it wouldn't revert back to a cfg.  It would remain a txt file despite the cfg exetnsion seeing as how I could not access the txt ending.  Is there some other way I can open it to alter this?  I tried to play around in properties, but no luck so far.  

I had my extensions hidden, but I was able to save from a txt back to a .cfg. When you are in the text file, choose "Save as" and then there should be a drop-down box that mentions file type. Switch to make it say "All Files" before saving as Resource.cfg.   That worked for me at least, if I ignored that step it only came out as resource.cfg.txt.

I ended up taking my DCC folder out after all, as Riverview wouldn't show up. And when trying to install it through the Installer, it would result in a game crash. I'll assume because of it showing up in two diff. folders, (Wherever the launcher put it, plus my DDC folder in the mods folder)
« Last Edit: 2009 December 17, 22:36:28 by KawaiiMiyo » Logged

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. ~Ayn Rand
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #217 on: 2009 December 17, 22:42:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Surely one could install all official/arrr'd addons with an/the alternative launcher, copy the .dbc cache to the mods dir (using above tweak) and then install all legit content to a clean .dbc through the official launcher. This way one could have the best of both worlds and would only need do a .dbc switch-a-roo whenever they wished to update one or the other with new arrr'd content.

Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2009 December 17, 22:51:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Surely one could install all official/arrr'd addons with an/the alternative launcher, copy the .dbc cache to the mods dir (using above tweak) and then install all legit content to a clean .dbc through the official launcher. This way one could have the best of both worlds and would only need do a .dbc switch-a-roo whenever they wished to update one or the other with new arrr'd content.
Please elaborate.  What alternative launcher?  I think this would come in very handy if we have a problem "sharing" store content in the future.

ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2009 December 17, 22:52:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering if anyone tried adding the two riverview files from the world cache folder to their Mods/packages folder and if it is possible to copy the riverview.world file there and just add another line to the .cfg for the *.world.

(I haven't been brave enough to update yet. My legacy family is in Riverview.)

I also wondered if the problem with cc occurs only with files that have been compressed. Many legit store files were compressed.
Cathy
Blathering Buffoon

Heavy Sleper

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2009 December 17, 23:05:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let me ask you where can I download this *adorable* patch from...I mean, not through the launcher

« Last Edit: 2009 December 17, 23:49:25 by Cathy » Logged

Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2009 December 17, 23:11:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please elaborate.  What alternative launcher?  I think this would come in very handy if we have a problem "sharing" store content in the future.

The only alternative launcher I know of is TSR's, which kind of seems like jumping out of the frying pan into the fire. Not sure installing more spyware would solve anything.

I sing along with elevator music.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2009 December 17, 23:20:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering if anyone tried adding the two riverview files from the world cache folder to their Mods/packages folder and if it is possible to copy the riverview.world file there and just add another line to the .cfg for the *.world.

(I haven't been brave enough to update yet. My legacy family is in Riverview.)

I also wondered if the problem with cc occurs only with files that have been compressed. Many legit store files were compressed.
All of my custom content (EXCEPT RIVERVIEW) is showing up using the method described in this thread.  However, after having spent valuable time on the phone with the EA techs today, and uninstalling/reinstalling/patching/redownloading, Riverview is still is not showing up in the drop down menu to start a new game (I did not have any previous Riverview saves, since early TS3 AwesomeMod tests).

If you would post those files somewhere, I'll try it though.  Since I uninstalled/reinstalled, I don't have those files.

Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #223 on: 2009 December 17, 23:53:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Currently TSR is the only alternative launcher i'm aware of. My theory involves installing all 'shared' content via the TSR launcher, then moving the dbc to the mods dir, then installing all legit content (free stuff) via the normal launcher (if you prefer) so it registers in game. The game should then pickup both the dbc in the docs folder and the one in the mods folder, and there shouldntr be any duplicated content, and you can edit both dbc files separately, while maintaining a clean list of legit mods in the game store interface.

Druscylla
Corpulent Cretin

Wicked Stepsister

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2009 December 18, 00:01:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But 99.8% of us here know better than to use TSR for anything. I wouldn't let Thomas bandage my knife fight damage if I was bleeding to death. The problem with just about anything from TSR is that its chock full of spyware and also likes to phone home. Its like EA but at least EA doesn't post lists of nefarious "pirates", hack us (patches notwithstanding), and threaten to sue us if anyone even calls them mean. If you want a slap with a frozen fish, go look at TSR's forums. They are such staunch EA supporters that they refuse to indulge the outrage this patch has caused. One mod even claimed that only 5% of the people who play Sims use CC, and therefore this patch isn't going to be that bad.

If we could replicate a launcher interface that would be an idea for sharing Store things, but I am not that good.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: