More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 12:21:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Patch 1.8/2.3 plus Create a World Released
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Patch 1.8/2.3 plus Create a World Released  (Read 235827 times)
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
Re: Patch 1.8/2.3 Released - CAW Out
« Reply #100 on: 2009 December 17, 01:06:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I understand, converting to packages are fine as long as they are official addons, however you need to be careful converting non-offical sims3packs as they may require the blue lot fix. Honestly, .package are a lot easier to manage than sims3pack, and as long as you unpack them carefully, it will save a lot of headache using either official or unofficial launchers.

iHateyou
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2009 December 17, 01:06:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you need a new crack after you patch your arr'd WA? I finally got both games patched but still can't load the game. When I use the original TS3EP01 of course I get the can't authenticate error. I grabbed the cracked one from the crack directory of the reloaded wa torrent and stuck it in in there and now I get a can't load error and the game won't even start up.

I'm sick of fail... help?
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2009 December 17, 01:26:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What exactly do you need to type into the resource.cfg for it to accept those files?

The same way to make it recognize .packages?

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: 2009 December 17, 01:39:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can use all my sims3packs stuff, both store and tsr. Right now I took out the framework and have only the stuff installed through launcher, and both objects (build/buy) and clothing show up fine. Hair is another story, the TSR-hairs are not showing.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: 2009 December 17, 01:40:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What exactly do you need to type into the resource.cfg for it to accept those files?

The same way to make it recognize .packages?

I'm not used to coding, pardon me. >>

That gives me two options, either copy the whole bloody thing and replace all the instances of .package with .dbc, or add , .edc after ever instance of '.package' ... which is it?

And what is one to do with '.ebc'?

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Bahr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2009 December 17, 01:59:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, getting ready to patch, but want to make sure I did this right:
Added:
PackedFile Mods/dbcss/*.dbcs
PackedFile Mods/dbcss/*/*.dbcs
to my resource config file,
Created Mods/dbcss/
Copied DCCache and DCBackup, Cache into dbcss, backup into a normal mods folder.
Shouldn't that work when patch is done?
Krib
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2009 December 17, 02:01:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Converting all of the store sets to .package with Delphy's converter works, but results in the game running at the speed of a 95 year-old coma patient.

whoachica
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2009 December 17, 02:01:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just in case, this might be helpful for some of you having patch installation troubles...

I found that after I had installed the patch before opening CAW it seemed to install correctly.  I placed a few roads and empty lots in the CAW editor and tried to go edit the map in the game.  It gave me an error that said my game was incompatible and needed to update. I tried to run the update and it gave me an error.  I then closed out of CAW and reran the update in the launcher, it worked.  I was able to get back into CAW and proceed into the game to edit the map.

daistarr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2009 December 17, 02:03:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I patched without removing a thing and updated the awesome mod then started my game all worked fine. No crashes and awesome mod seems to be working so far. I can't say everything is but in playing for a couple of hours all seems to be okay. I plan to start testing the mods I have installed. Well right after I mess around with the build a new world tool. JM seems to have taken care of the missing items because mine were all there.  This was the easiest patching I have experienced.
Druscylla
Corpulent Cretin

Wicked Stepsister

View Profile
Re: Patch 1.8/2.3 plus Create a World Released
« Reply #109 on: 2009 December 17, 02:21:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just adding in case no one else tried it. My game will not start at all if I am not connected to the internet. I get an Error message saying it can't launch. I am really not liking this patch. I lost my CC and it's pretty frustrating.
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2009 December 17, 02:23:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, getting ready to patch, but want to make sure I did this right:
Added:
PackedFile Mods/dbcss/*.dbcs
PackedFile Mods/dbcss/*/*.dbcs
to my resource config file,
Created Mods/dbcss/
Copied DCCache and DCBackup, Cache into dbcss, backup into a normal mods folder.
Shouldn't that work when patch is done?
The file extension is just dbc, not dbcs.

Don't copy the DCBackup at all, delete that.
From the DCCache folder just move the dcdb0.dbc file only into the Mods\ Packages folder (or in your case, Mods\ dbcss).
deathlypale
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2009 December 17, 02:32:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just tried Bahr fix and it worked Grin, Thank you Simsample, just coping one file is certainly easier, I'll try that next.  BTW, can I just say, I hate EA!
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2009 December 17, 02:38:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so I found out what happened to all the .Sims3packs. The EA launcher, and the game itself, no longer correctly reads them. Anyone, most noteably TSR, who relies on them, is now fucked. A workaround exists, but it involves DARK SORCERY and ELDRITCH ABOMINATIONS, so that's right out for TSR. But I fixed it.

Link broken for AM Test

What is the link for AM Test, I have forgotten it.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2009 December 17, 02:44:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so I found out what happened to all the .Sims3packs. The EA launcher, and the game itself, no longer correctly reads them. Anyone, most noteably TSR, who relies on them, is now fucked. A workaround exists, but it involves DARK SORCERY and ELDRITCH ABOMINATIONS, so that's right out for TSR. But I fixed it.

Link broken for AM Test

What is the link for AM Test, I have forgotten it.
It's on the same page as the regular AwesomeMod download.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2009 December 17, 02:47:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And Okay, I don't know what I did wrong, I converted all of my store downloads to .packages , with Delphy's tool. But when I log into the game and view my neighborhood, its like... The map is floating up high, with little holes where the lots were supposed to be. And the lots are stuck down at the bottom, as empty squares with just nothingness around them. It's hard to explain. But I have to look through the holes on the "Floating map" to find the squares where the lots are.

I did happen to also convert riverview into a .package and had it put right with all my other store downloads. Which may have been a bad idea now that I think of it. Not sure if that could be a problem, but I just took everything out again. It seemed to solve the problem, but ugh, I see my roads are blurry again.

For those that were able to successfully use store content by converting to .packages, what had you done with Riverview?
« Last Edit: 2009 December 17, 02:57:10 by KawaiiMiyo » Logged

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. ~Ayn Rand
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2009 December 17, 03:06:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I bought both the base game and WA.  I used the launcher to install the patches and I downloaded the new version of AM.  Everything loaded up and ran fine except some items are missing.  I am going to try the dbcache thing and then I will let you know if everything shows up. 

I had no crashes at all.  It went smooth.
Cerridwen
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2009 December 17, 03:08:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I removed my mods folder, resource.cfg, and all non-purchased store content  before installing the patch and it seemed to install OK.  All my CC installed through the launcher, both bought and third party is showing up in my game.   I went into buy mode clicked on the store button to see what would happen.   It launched and showed a free coffee maker to download.  I checked the store on the website and it is not there to download.  So I went and downloaded it. A popup said "Your item is now downloading via the game launcher" or something like that.     Game then proceded to choke.  Game sound skipping, lagging, couldn't scroll the screen, time was moving on the game clock, but my sims weren't.   Wonderful.   So I quit without saving.  Looked in my downloads folder and I've got not one, not two but EIGHT HotBeverageMachineModern.Sims3Pack files in my downloads folder.  WTF?    So I relaunch game, and all seems to be OK , it's playing fine now.   But if that's what happens when you use their "Download your items while in game!" feature ..... well why am I even surprised.

On a completly different note.   Has anyone else noticed a new file in their Downloads folder called  Nav.bin ?   It wasn't there before the patch, I'm positive.  I'm itching to delete it but I have no idea what it's doing or why it appeared after the patch.  
Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2009 December 17, 03:20:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did the same thing as you but I DLed the New Years Eve hat.  My game started to freeze up and hang...so I minimized the game and the launcher was asking me to sign in.  I signed in and I had 3 copies of the stupid hat in my DL bin.  I know I only clicked it once.  I will not be using that feature.

I did what was said above about the *dbc files and all of my previously missing launcher DLs are now there.  I then Dled a sims3pack and installed it with the launcher and then copied the new dbc file over and the new items were there.  So that looks like a good fix for now.

I also have the new file and my Sims 3 account email .bin too.  I guess it is some cookie type thing.

I don't even know where to begin with the CAW.  It's like possibilities over load for me.  Can't wait to see what people make however.
Druscylla
Corpulent Cretin

Wicked Stepsister

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2009 December 17, 03:27:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am going to try reinstalling. I even went to the Store and purchased a few things experimentally...and they don't show up either. I tried reinstalling CC, but my launcher keeps crashing. If they could fix this patch, that'd be great, thanks.
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2009 December 17, 03:30:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went back into the game and some of my downloaded objects are there but some are missing.  When I copied the dbc file over was I supposed to delete it from its original location?

EDIT:  I am definitely missing my content.

NEW EDIT:  Got it!!!  Copied all the dbc files from the cache and now all my content shows up and the game runs smoothly.  Thanks everyone!
« Last Edit: 2009 December 17, 04:14:55 by imyourboy » Logged
dantethedark
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2009 December 17, 03:53:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh I personally am extremely confused as how to fix this issue. Does anyone know how to fix not seeing your "pudding content" in the game?
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2009 December 17, 04:01:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I patched the game and copied the contents of DCCache folder into Mods>Packages, modifying the Resource.Cfg to accept .dbc files and it looks like everything is showing up and the game is running.  Thanks for figuring this out so quickly Pescado!

Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2009 December 17, 04:06:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Honestly I given up and am just doing a re-install and put the older patch until this mess is solved by someone (the dlc trick does not work for me because I uninstalled all content before and tried to re-install).
dantethedark
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2009 December 17, 04:08:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I patched the game and copied the contents of DCCache folder into Mods>Packages, modifying the Resource.Cfg to accept .dbc files and it looks like everything is showing up and the game is running.  Thanks for figuring this out so quickly Pescado!

What all did you have to change?
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2009 December 17, 04:18:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What all did you have to change?
I was not going to patch until I came back from dinner and saw that Pescado had an updated AwesomeMod and a work-around for the custom content issue.  So I decided to try it:  I cut the Mods>Packages folder to the desktop and let the launcher handle the updates (both the base game & the expansion are store bought).  I then copied the contents of the DCCache folder to Mods>Packages after having created a folder there called dbc files.  And lastly, I modified my Resource.CFG file (using notepad) as follows:

Priority 500
DirectoryFiles Mods/Packages/... autoupdate
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.dbc
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.dbc

Hope it helps.  My game is running with no crashes & so far all my custom content is showing up. 

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: