More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 19:18:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Caches For AwesomeMod
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Caches For AwesomeMod  (Read 6154 times)
ArianaRoxx
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Caches For AwesomeMod
« on: 2009 December 13, 05:15:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed awesome mod and it tells me to delete all my caches or else the game won't work. I did delete all the caches and when I start to download my cc's, the sim downloading thing won't show up. I checked my files and the caches showed up again and no matter how I delete them, it will show up again when I start to download my stuff. How do you delete them for good?
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Caches For AwesomeMod
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 13, 05:36:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't delete them for good. *facepalm*

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 13, 05:40:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're supposed to show back up; they regenerate every time you start the game.  What sim downloading thing are you talking about anyway?  The EA installer?  After downloading, double click the Sims3Pack files and the installer will launch automatically.  However, I'd advise you not to use awesomemod at all until you're more familiar with sims 3 custom content and how to manage it.  You're getting in way over your head.
ArianaRoxx
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 13, 05:50:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah I was talking about the EA installer. But in order to work with awesomemod, you need to delete all the caches so I don't understand what's the point of deleting them while they keep regenerating.
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 13, 06:02:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To clean out the old and start over fresh and new.  You don't have to delete them in order for awesomemod to work.  If you're having problems, it's something that might help - but not along the lines of "or else the game won't work".  Make sure you read the instructions carefully.
Zeero
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 13, 07:20:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 December 14, 13:16:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cache

Cache files keep temporary data, for example thumbnails images, so they do not have to be loaded everytime. By clearing your cache once, this allows a clean palate for AM to work with. You don't have to clear them everytime but I have found clearing them after placing any new modifications to TS3  (i.e, custom skins or texture replacements will need you to clear the cache once or twice to take effect) fixes potential problems. Loading menus might be a bit slower after clearing cache because it has to recreate them. After that all should be well.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: