More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 02:55:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Options/Sims Toolbar is gone
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Options/Sims Toolbar is gone  (Read 20561 times)
Jenloss
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Options/Sims Toolbar is gone
« on: 2009 December 09, 01:27:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I load the Sims 3 WA with awesomemod, I get a screen without any options, I've tried removing all the other mods, reinstalling Awesomemod but I still have the same problem...I'm not sure what to do to fix the problem. (Framework is installed)
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Options/Sims Toolbar is gone
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 09, 03:58:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you load it without AM, and does it work okay then?

Do you have one of the recommended graphics card?

You said that you "tried" removing all the other mods. Did you try moving your mod/packages folder to your desktop and creating a new package folder with just AM in it?

Did you delete the ...cache files and/or restart your computer after you moved things around?
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 09, 04:50:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Plus tab and get out of camera mode?

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Jenloss
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 09, 05:44:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you load it without AM, and does it work okay then?

Do you have one of the recommended graphics card?

You said that you "tried" removing all the other mods. Did you try moving your mod/packages folder to your desktop and creating a new package folder with just AM in it?

Did you delete the ...cache files and/or restart your computer after you moved things around?

Tried all of the above, I was playing the game before I download AM, it was working normally, after I downloaded and installed AM the games wasn't working normally. Once I removed AM the game still wouldn't work.

Creating a new game however, with AM installed works, I don't think the saved game can be recovered thank you for the help though Smiley

Plus tab and get out of camera mode?

Tried that, not in camera mode
Tever
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 09, 21:05:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have that problem whenever I save and reload while on vacation. Pretty sure it's some weird EA fail.
Mosquito
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 10, 04:39:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don`t know if it`s connected, but I had the same problem, however only with one household. I have AM(inactive story progression) and NRAAS Story progression (active), and when ever I would want to enter this household from the neighborhood view, my UI would disappear and the game would stop responding. Sound going and everything, but I get stuck at neighborhood view...Solved it with moving out and deleting the household. Still, hope it dosen`t happen again.
Steele
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 December 10, 08:13:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have experienced twice that my UI disappeared. I don't know if the cause is the same with what the others are experiencing, It happened once in my Base Game and one with WA. The common thing prior to the UI disappearing were exceedingly bugged homeless/townie sims.

Whenever I get 1 homeless household, it's a sign something will go wrong later. So far, the trend I see in my game is that these homeless bums prefer to stay being bums. the Forcemovein command really gets them crazy, some households refuse to move. The message will say that they have moved into a nameless lot but they are still nowhere to be seen (even with refreshing the neighborhood). They even once evicted my current household and moved in the current lot.

Another thing I remembered is that when there is a serious sim description error, the UI will also vanish. Back in the base game before WA was shipped out. I found the hidden Photography skill. Being curious, I put some values that are similar and common to most of the other 29 skills (ordinary, hidden, toddler and child skills), upon entering the game my UI is gone. reversing the change also returned the game to normal. It could also be possible that the problem is with a damaged sim description of someone within the neighborhood.
dilitru
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 December 10, 11:03:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That happened to me too, though it was brought about by a doomed corrupted save.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 December 11, 03:46:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try f10, r one of those.  I have noticed one of them toggles the UI on and off.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Jenloss
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 December 11, 20:17:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Tever
Probably, EA has messed up my games more times than any mods ever have

@Mosquito
Almost exactly the same problem except my game isn't freezing

@Steele
Sort of what I was thinking, one sim might be causing the whole problem with my game

@dilitru
Corrupted saves are a pain

@wizard_merlin
I'll give that a try  Smiley
DorisTheDinosaur
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011 August 17, 14:16:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but this happened to me. My game started being hella buggy before it. I was playing a legacy challenge and one of my sims would not die of old age. At 102, she wouldn't retire or die, so i killed her in a swimming pool (as you do).

The then remained in the house hold as a ghost, still playable etc. I had to use moveobjects to delete her. (The game also claimed that her tombstone was still in use by the Grim Reaper).

After that my other sims would randomly cancel actions and glitch across the room after about a second. Then i try to load my save today and it's like this: No tool bars, none of the hotkeys work.

Since this is a legacy challenge save, i'd really like to be able to get it back is possible. Has anyone found anything to work against this?

Thanks!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: