More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 08:06:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  EAxis House of Phail: December 2009
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EAxis House of Phail: December 2009  (Read 34359 times)
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
EAxis House of Phail: December 2009
« on: 2009 December 08, 01:57:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This month's lot is "Teenage Turf - 2BR 2BA" from the Teen Style Stuff lot bin.

Lot edges have been flattened.  I've packaged the flattened lot and attached it here.  Main download requires Teen Style Stuff.  If you don't have TSS, then that download will work with Pets EP or later, which will give you the building structure, but not all of the furniture.  If you don't have Pets or later (EPs through OFB), use the base-game rebuild, which is missing the raised living room.

Rules, cut and pasted from last month:

1. No CC.  Please indicate expansion and stuff packs so people who wish to download your lot know what to expect.  Pictures are required, either available for download, on a slideshow, or posted in this thread.

2. By entering this challenge, you agree to take constructive criticism.  If you wish to judge someone else's entry, you should be respectful but honest.

3. Your lot does not have to be Awesomespec, although it is encouraged.

4. You may move internal walls and add external walls but you may NOT move original external walls.

5. Lots may be furnished, unfurnished, or partially furnished.  You can even upload both furnished and unfurnished versions.

Monthly rules:

6. Bonus points if you can keep the two porches.

7. Bonus points if you can keep the raised living room, or add it back in to the base-game lot.

* TeenageTurf.zip (287.7 KB - downloaded 578 times.)
* TeenageTurfBaseGame.zip (245.58 KB - downloaded 524 times.)
« Last Edit: 2009 December 11, 20:04:16 by Mootilda » Logged

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Erry
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: EAxis House of Phail: December 2009
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 08, 02:49:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The tree in the front yard could be a bonus rule?

"I go to his page and I see 'Hot Lesbians' as a tab... keep your sex life to yourself, bitch."
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 08, 07:07:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The tree in the front yard could be a bonus rule?
I doubt a scrawny tree in the front yard represents a permanent enough structure that it would realistically be even considered in any kind of renovation. I mean, this is the Internet. No two people here therefore do not have an axe. That tree is toast.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Erry
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 08, 14:50:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's why there's a question mark, because I don't expect it to be that big of a change to the structure of the lot.

"I go to his page and I see 'Hot Lesbians' as a tab... keep your sex life to yourself, bitch."
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 08, 14:58:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
MadameUgly
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 10, 20:57:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about the stage/raised portion?  Is keeping it a bonus or a must?

I agree that the tree poses no challenge (hell, I don't even consider it a tree--more like a weed on steroids).

Want decent sim stories?  Go forth and read: http://madame-ugly.livejournal.com/
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 December 11, 00:45:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A bonus, not a necessity.  I rebuilt this as a base-game lot and there are no stages in the base game, so the raised living room was impossible (without raising the roof).
« Last Edit: 2009 December 11, 01:19:52 by Mootilda » Logged

Minena
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 December 11, 19:02:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was there anything used in the original lot that would cause issues installing into a setup that does not have that expansion? I would prefer not to use the basegame version.
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 December 11, 19:59:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was there anything used in the original lot that would cause issues installing into a setup that does not have that expansion? I would prefer not to use the basegame version.

I used AnyGameStarter with TSS (and nothing else) to flatten the lot.  Use the base-game lot with EPs up through OFB.  Use the TSS lot for EPs from Pets on.

Minena
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 December 11, 20:11:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, thank you. Seems like I would have no problems with the TSS lot (I have all EP's but only Celebrations, Ikea and K&B SP)
Sipu_von_Sapu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 December 12, 16:11:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's my version. I made a modern family home and tried to make it as playable as possible but haven't play tested it at all.
It's not fully furnished because I sort of ran out of steam, but here it is anyway, and I hope you like it.

View from the front.  This house is self sufficient with energy: there's a windmill and solar panels on the roof.

Another view from the front. The rubbish bin is close by a side door to the kitchen.

From the back. There's a small pool and a couple of sun chairs but I left most of the back garden open. It's up to the player to use it for what ever they desire.

Upstairs: two bedrooms, two baths, gym and a family room with bar and karaoke

Downstairs: One bedroom and a nursery, kitchen and sitting room with tv, skilling area + one big room that I left empty (maybe it could be used for storing the urns and portraits of deceased family members).

I've got all EP's and all stuff packs.

Download

Gone with the SIM
Liveangel
Querulous Quidnunc

Meh.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2009 December 13, 06:35:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I decided to try and build a College Rampage optimized dorm, a la Nec and Annan. I'm not sure if I succeeded, since I haven't had a chance to play-test it.

Made with all EPs and SPs. The lot is packaged as residential, in case you want to change things around. To use this lot as a dorm, just open the cheatbox and type "changelotzoning dorm" without the ".

Download here.

Hooray for Picspam! Click to expand.

Additional pictures:

« Last Edit: 2009 December 13, 06:43:01 by Liveangel » Logged

"Jesus is not Santa Claus for adults! Jesus is for everyone!"Edward Current
Jorganza
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 December 14, 00:51:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried to create something different than I normally do, something more whimsical, so here's my lot for the month:

The Flying Pegasus Garden

Inside eating area

Outside walking and eating places.

chobeegal
Exasperating Eyesore

And there shall be blood!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 January 01, 00:51:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know it is already next year in other parts of the world, but I had problems with my uploads all day today. So I'm late, ya wanna make somethin' of it? LOL I made it into two different dorm versions. Yes the double dorm rooms actually work just fine, though if you want the furnishings to always show up you have to make certain both roommates are playable. Truthfully, I don't really like either of these two very much. Both also have CC in various amounts.

Bungalow Dorm:

Link to slideshow: http://s694.photobucket.com/albums/vv302/chobeegal_photos/Bungalow%20Dorm/?albumview=slideshow
Download link: http://www.box.net/shared/r8iyg9kfh6

Teen Time Dorm:
Link to slideshow: http://s694.photobucket.com/albums/vv302/chobeegal_photos/Teen%20Time%20Dorm/?albumview=slideshow
Download link: http://www.box.net/shared/gq384g4r3v

Prosthetics
Blathering Buffoon

Wonderful

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 January 01, 09:34:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh shoot! I completely forgot about my Phail house! Eep...I've been slacking a bit, actually. And this months house was extremely versatile and editable. I'll submit one still, but it obviously isn't within the deadline. Whoops.
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 January 02, 17:37:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't worry about the deadline... no one's suggested a house for this month anyway.

bestofsmall
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 February 09, 00:15:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really hope this isn't too late but I have been going crazy with this one Jorganza yours is totally beautiful ! The others are great also. Well here goes my awful try ; Its a Duplex Apartment the best I could come up with. It has 3bds 1bath and 2 half baths for guests in the community area also a pool and playground .

More pics and the file are all here http://www.box.net/files#/files/0/f/37762580/TT_Duplex
Also can someone please tell me where to get the camera mod or whatever you guys use? All my pics are awful and I can't seem to make them better using the in-game camera atm.
Edited to fix pics
« Last Edit: 2010 February 09, 00:31:39 by bestofsmall » Logged
Prosthetics
Blathering Buffoon

Wonderful

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 February 16, 20:26:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One way to take better pics would be to press the tab button and press the print screen button on your keyboard, rather than using the in-game camera. That's what I use when taking pictures.

Of course, adjust the position of the screen first, and all of that, before print screening.

I would also suggest windowed mode, so that you don't have to continually minimize the game.

As an aside...

I picked out a lot that we could make-over in March, if someone would be so kind as to make a base game compatible version, because at this point it requires Apartment Life. (I would say this month, but this month is half over.)
« Last Edit: 2010 February 16, 20:41:16 by Prosthetics » Logged
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 February 17, 00:47:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which lot?  Could you post inside and outside pictures?

Prosthetics
Blathering Buffoon

Wonderful

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010 February 17, 01:49:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can do :]

Friendly Firmament, it's in the lots & houses bin.

Front

First floor interior

Second floor interior

If you'd like more pictures, I could take more. :]
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010 February 17, 02:22:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm... we'd have to use a different staircase, since those spiral stairs aren't available in the base game.  Perhaps just build without stairs and let people decide which ones they want to use and where to put them.

Otherwise, it looks very do-able.  What's that light brown thing above the counter in the kitchen?

Prosthetics
Blathering Buffoon

Wonderful

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010 February 17, 02:27:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The light brown thing would be a shelf, those came with apartment life as well. Easily just taken out...
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010 February 17, 03:24:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thoughts on bonus points?

Prosthetics
Blathering Buffoon

Wonderful

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010 February 17, 03:26:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was considering making it a bonus to keep the hill (where the tree is) and the tree in place.

ETA - if that's not possible (because looking at it from the anygamestarter point of view, it would be a pain in the ass to reconstruct the hill.), keeping the tree and bush in place would also be viable.
« Last Edit: 2010 February 17, 03:32:36 by Prosthetics » Logged
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2010 February 17, 04:58:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure that I can just copy the hill from AL to a base game lot.  I don't believe that there have been any changes to the 3ARY record instance 1.  However, I doubt that the terrain paints will copy over.
« Last Edit: 2010 February 17, 06:04:35 by Mootilda » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: