More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 21:14:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Won't let me play....
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Won't let me play....  (Read 7504 times)
Zhiqua
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Won't let me play....
« on: 2009 December 06, 09:46:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everytime it loads, it says I need to update Awesome mod but there is no new update. It closes if I click ok.
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Won't let me play....
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 06, 09:48:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So go update AwesomeMod. And you can't say there's no new update. There's been a new version at least 2x a day for the past week or more.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 06, 09:53:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe "it" is psychic and wants to prevent you from hurting yourself.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 06, 11:27:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There might be a reason for that.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
seenabobeena
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 07, 22:11:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the same problem, but i don't know where the new updates are Undecided
can someone help me too?
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 07, 22:28:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the same problem, but i don't know where the new updates are Undecided
can someone help me too?

...the updates are the same place you got the first one. Just download it again.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
sanscript
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 December 07, 23:28:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clear your internet cache, then download the latest version from the same page you got your first version from: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15185.0.html
If you do not know how to clear your cache, you should probably not be using game mods  Wink
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 December 08, 00:25:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Correction: if you can't figure out how to clear your cache, you shouldn't be using game mods. If you're not comfortable googling simple instructions then don't come crying to us when you can't figure shit out.

INFP or something
loopsydoo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 December 13, 00:31:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello

I apologise for posting this everywhere but I am desperate to have the right person read this and allow my game to be accessed via the older Awe mod.  I did add 1.7 but Indie mod does not work with that and a few other 'I cannot do without' mods that are not going to be updated to 1.7.

I get kicked to desktop for the same reason but as I said I do not want the 1.7 EA update, tried it and removed it.

I know there are many of you that also want this and I have requested it in the Awesome questions forum.  Right now I cannot play my game and hope for a quick solution as I have played Sims every single day since S1 through all ex packs etc and am an addict. LOL

Kind regards

Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 December 13, 01:25:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Either get rid of indie and use awesomemod, or continue to use an outdated mod and find somewhere else to whine and bitch.

Or go get Twallan's story progression mod to use with awesomemod since it is pretty much the closest thing you're going to get to indie.

Either way, stop whining and bitching about it in a hundred locations thinking you're going to get a warm reception or a new response.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 December 13, 08:27:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, you really can't depend on IndieStone unless you plan to cling forever to your outdated patch level and move on. IndieStone is dead, abandoned by its creators. Accept it and move on.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: