More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:24:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  What needs to go where to make AM work
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What needs to go where to make AM work  (Read 178646 times)
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
Re: What needs to go where to make AM work
« Reply #25 on: 2009 December 03, 23:12:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for that, Wizard Merlin!  Yes, I simplified and put it in a numbered list, as many people couldn't get it in paragraph form.  And yes, it works.

That being said, one would hope that people will then take responsibility for knowing where the actual package files are working for them and continue to place any new ones in those same folders without duplicating them.  One would think that would go without saying.  In any event, Pescado locked the thread and I am sure he reviewed the information before doing that.  So, I have to believe that this is okay.  It works for me and has also worked for others who have followed these directions.  Of course, I moved the entire framework, but with some people that extra step has proven to be just too much.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 December 03, 23:28:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess time will tell.  As always, there will still be those that manage to screw everything up, and fail to understand how hard it is to solve problems when you can't see them.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Viscount
immortelleMuse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 December 03, 23:38:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uhm, fill free to poke me with flaming pointy sticks if what I did was wrong, but I did the easy n00b thing and just copied my mods folder somewhere else, deleted the mod folder in the Program Files location, and re-installed the Helper Monkey from Delphy at MTS.
Then re-installed Awesomemod and Awesomemod config and the game seems to be working fine...
I have a feeling that might be easier to follow than the instructions you've been copying-pasting which IS simplified, I know, but when I did it I messed up somehow. Looking back I think I just put a "/" at the end of the .resource file instead of "*" but reinstalling the Helper Monkey thing just seemed so much simpler. I was afraid since the last update WAS June 25th, but I just assumed the major issue was simply the mods folder thing?

If I just did a VBT please let me know, but so far I haven't had any problems. I just thought that the ignorant people like me would think it easier to go to MTS and install the Helper Monkey. Or maybe put that in your locked thread as an option? (If it is...)

Lurkmoar.

EDIT/Offtopic: Just wanted to add, I've seen how much harder you've been with some of the dumber folks wizard_merlin, and I commend you. Deleting their threads would be nice, but I'm sure someone will do that in due time. It's good to know there's a tiny part of the internet that actually flames the dumbfucks, and not the other way around. Additional lurkmoar.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 03, 23:50:02 by immortelleMuse » Logged

No matter how old you are, no matter how badass you think you are, if a toddler hands you their ringing toy phone-- you answer it.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 December 03, 23:53:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, one would think this would work, but people have complained about that as well.  It seems we have encountered many, many people with an inability to follow directions.  Then again, once the new patches started to be released and the expansion pack as well, it became slightly more complicated as placement of the actual package files was not working for all people in the same way.  Why this is, I have no idea.  However, the directions that have been given, when followed exactly, do work.

Do you have the expansion pack installed?  If so, may I ask where the installer monkey installed the framework files?

Viscount
immortelleMuse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 December 04, 00:23:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah... that must be the main problem... I have just the Basegame patched to 1.7.9. I'm still pondering whether or not to get WA.

If I do, I'm sure your explicit instructions would be better than the Installer Monkey method... but it just seems I just put the files into the WA folders as well as the Sims 3 folders. Doesn't seem that difficult.
I've only been reading threads about 1.7.9, sorry to be so close-minded about the WA thing. Perhaps Delphy could just do a separate install for WA?; though I know he doesn't take requests, and this is MATY not MTS.

But from the words of Ron White: You can't fix stupid.

I'll see how I'll fare when I get WA. Sorry to bother...

No matter how old you are, no matter how badass you think you are, if a toddler hands you their ringing toy phone-- you answer it.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 December 04, 00:37:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No problem.  But since you said "just put the files into the WA folders as well as the Sims 3 folders...", please don't duplicate the actual package files - just the files that are mentioned in the non-monkey installer framework directions & then move the package files & resource.cfg as needed to make them work.

And, I love that quote of Ron White, by the way!  I feel like using it a lot these days ... (LOL)!

Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 December 04, 00:44:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No problem.  But since you said "just put the files into the WA folders as well as the Sims 3 folders...", please don't duplicate the actual package files - just the files that are mentioned in the non-monkey installer framework directions & then move the package files & resource.cfg as needed to make them work.

And, I love that quote of Ron White, by the way!  I feel like using it a lot these days ... (LOL)!

You should give yourself a signature on these forums and put that in it Wink

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 December 04, 00:55:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good idea!  I like your signature line, too!  Just noticed that.

One of the IT techs I used to work with had a photo with one of the scenes from the movie where the kid saw dead people, recaptioned with "I see stupid people ... they're everywhere ... they walk around like everyone else and they don't even know they're stupid ...!!!", which always used to crack me up!

I also like the one I've seen around here (it's red) that says "If the Help Desk determines that your question is stupid, they will set you on fire!".  Good times, these!

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 December 04, 00:57:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of the IT techs I used to work with had a photo with one of the scenes from the movie where the kid saw dead people, recaptioned with "I see stupid people ... they're everywhere ... they walk around like everyone else and they don't even know they're stupid ...!!!", which always used to crack me up!
It's "I see dumb people". Stupid has too many syllables and throws off the rhythm.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 December 04, 01:10:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the correction, Pescado.  It's been a long time!

Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009 December 04, 01:40:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heheh, yeah, I did that last night. My stupid threshold was already low from work--I work on a college campus, selling people foodstuffs... it takes stupid to a whole new level. "Please get your shit from the other side of the cooler" (clearly, I am more professional there, but meh) doesn't make any fucking sense to them. They look the complete opposite direction as the cooler! Seriously! I have THREE signs on these coolers saying the same thing!

*calms down cause there's only 2 shifts left before graduation and never dealing with this particular brand of trying-to-be-educated idiots again*

Tever
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 December 04, 01:56:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heheh, yeah, I did that last night. My stupid threshold was already low from work--I work on a college campus, selling people foodstuffs... it takes stupid to a whole new level. "Please get your shit from the other side of the cooler" (clearly, I am more professional there, but meh) doesn't make any fucking sense to them. They look the complete opposite direction as the cooler! Seriously! I have THREE signs on these coolers saying the same thing!

*calms down cause there's only 2 shifts left before graduation and never dealing with this particular brand of trying-to-be-educated idiots again*

I used to work at a Wal-Mart snack bar. Talk about taking stupid to a whole new level. "No, sir, we don't sell Big Macs. No, we don't have the #3, either. I'm sorry, sir, but we are not a McDonalds. No, we're really not. Promise."
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 December 04, 02:01:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, there appear to be a growing number of these "how iz awesommod worx plz?" threads.

Usual round of n00b infestation requires normal response - prepare for sporking!

Tribulatio proxima est
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009 December 04, 02:05:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, there appear to be a growing number of these "how iz awesommod worx plz?" threads.

Usual round of n00b infestation requires normal response - prepare for sporking!

The amusing thing is I've had an account here since TS3 came out.... I posted once, maybe twice before this week... now my post count is just jumping. But this forum is pretty much a bunch of people who share my opinionated ways, so I guess I acclimated pretty fast :p

Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009 December 04, 02:09:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is NOT GOOD!  I am going to have to get much nastier!  I suspect this will indeed come naturally after my head has exploded a few more times!

Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009 December 04, 02:15:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is NOT GOOD!  I am going to have to get much nastier!  I suspect this will indeed come naturally after my head has exploded a few more times!

A few? Shit, just start now, save yourself the trouble of duct taping the pieces back together.

Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009 December 04, 02:17:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A few? Shit, just start now, save yourself the trouble of duct taping the pieces back together.
Yes, and then after I duct tape my head together, I'll also have to "walk it off"!  I think you're right.  Begin at once!

wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2009 December 04, 02:29:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The last week has been beyond a joke.  Just when you think it's safe to go back in, someone opens the floodgates and lets in a fresh batch of these stoopid, idiot, self righteous know it all, fucking noobs to start making new threads about it again.

At least now with coconnor's instructions clearly stickied and locked right up there, anyone who claims to have searched and read everything is clearly so full of fucking bullshit that they deserve everything they get.  Not they didn't already, but hell, they don't even have to search now to find the answers, coconnor has spoonfed it to them.

Yes, and then after I duct tape my head together, I'll also have to "walk it off"!  I think you're right.  Begin at once!

Once you get started, it comes easy, and it does feel so good afterward.

Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2009 December 04, 02:37:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The last week has been beyond a joke.  Just when you think it's safe to go back in, someone opens the floodgates and lets in a fresh batch of these stoopid, idiot, self righteous know it all, fucking noobs to start making new threads about it again.

At least now with coconnor's instructions clearly stickied and locked right up there, anyone who claims to have searched and read everything is clearly so full of fucking bullshit that they deserve everything they get.  Not they didn't already, but hell, they don't even have to search now to find the answers, coconnor has spoonfed it to them.

Yes, and then after I duct tape my head together, I'll also have to "walk it off"!  I think you're right.  Begin at once!

With that, I have thought up a packaged response to "HALP!!! MY GAME WON'T LOAD WITH AWESOMEMOD!" - "You're a fucking idiot who suffers from "framework fail".  Here's the link."  Or would that be too easy?

wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009 December 04, 02:48:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With that, I have thought up a packaged response to "HALP!!! MY GAME WON'T LOAD WITH AWESOMEMOD!" - "You're a fucking idiot who suffers from "framework fail".  Here's the link."  Or would that be too easy?

Does sound a little easy.  Maybe leave the link out of the first response, just tell them to "READ THE FUCKING BOARD INDEX, like a good fucking idiot".  Then when they ask what that is, you can let fly again, relieve some more stress, then give them the link.

You have got to have some fun and relieve the tension at the same time.  Not to mention all the others who sit back with their popcorn and enjoy the show, we need to keep them interested and amused also.

Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2009 December 04, 02:52:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does sound a little easy.  Maybe leave the link out of the first response, just tell them to "READ THE FUCKING BOARD INDEX, like a good fucking idiot".  Then when they ask what that is, you can let fly again, relieve some more stress, then give them the link.

You have got to have some fun and relieve the tension at the same time.  Not to mention all the others who sit back with their popcorn and enjoy the show, we need to keep them interested and amused also.

Or, in my case, trail mix (I've been addicted this week). Just put a "WARNING DO NOT TAKE A DRINK BEFORE READING THIS" on anything that may result in me spewing all over my keyboard like Pescado could have done the other day had I been drinking at the time. Wink

keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2009 December 04, 02:53:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ummm, private messaging is a wonderful thing. Just sayin...
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2009 December 04, 02:56:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or, in my case, trail mix (I've been addicted this week). Just put a "WARNING DO NOT TAKE A DRINK BEFORE READING THIS" on anything that may result in me spewing all over my keyboard like Pescado could have done the other day had I been drinking at the time. Wink
That was a classic, wasn't it?

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2009 December 04, 02:58:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sweetie shit.

GET. A. ROOM!

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Viscount
immortelleMuse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2009 December 04, 05:23:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't mean it like that, I had to leave for a class in about 5 minutes so I just articulated something... I know it doesn't work like that.
I might not fully understand computer coding, but moving files around is fine with me.
So although I might do something wrong in that regard, I at least try to figure out the problem and fix it myself.

What pisses me off the most about people, is that you can't argue logic with an illogical person, nor can you argue illogic with an illogical person. I'm just surprised they can make up a screenname and post on forums; or even get connected to the internet, for that matter. People need to stop helping people connect to the internet if they can't do it themselves. It should be a clear sign that they would just be infecting the internet with their idiocy and lack of autonomy.

Anyway, I was lurking for a reason, and will not pester you with all this off-topic-ness. I'll try not to have any (non-EA) problems if I ever get WA.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: