More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 20:07:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  TSR HAS DOXED YOU!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR HAS DOXED YOU!  (Read 58759 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
TSR HAS DOXED YOU!
« on: 2009 November 29, 10:44:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR has doxed you! Your name may be on this list and for some of you, it is. BEWARE! Remember, people: DON'T GIVE DOX TO TSR. Don't give dox to ANYONE! Don't even put your dox on your computer! Remember, the INTERNET IS ANTIMATTER.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR HAS DOXED YOU!
« Reply #1 on: 2009 November 29, 11:09:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recognise quite a few of those names. TSR's evil knows no bounds.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 November 29, 11:21:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of MUSHROOMS, where has the MUSHROOM been and where is PROJECT MUSHROOM?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 November 29, 11:59:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR has doxed you!

Nuh-uh! Did not!

Neener neener to you, TSR!

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Witchboy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2009 November 29, 12:49:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well i see i'm on their lovely pirate list. At this point in the game i don't give a crap anymore. TSR can bite me!

Now wheres my cookies dammit!

Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 November 29, 13:25:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, apparently merely posting on PMDB is enough to warrant being named and shamed on that list (I'm on there too). Must be, because I don't use payshit in my games full stop.

Remember folks, Thomas sucks Atwat's tits and SHAKESHAFT IS STILL A DIRTY THIEF.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
Rockermonkey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 November 29, 14:13:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This doesn't shock me.

But I do however wonder what affect this has on anything? What's the disadvantages to this 'list' and how is it stopping people from stealing their turds downloads anyway?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 November 29, 14:19:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not a clue. Doxing is bad, though. You don't want weird psychos from the Internet getting your dox. Remember, no two people are not axe murderers.

ShadySentinel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 November 29, 21:52:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering as I am also on the list...if the effect isn't really detrimental, I won't worry myself about it too much. Still, psychos with my info would make me a little nervous.
I had an inkling they knew when all the ads and pop ups had something to do with pirates. I kind of expected my name to be on there.
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 November 29, 22:48:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you sign this petition early this year? http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?EANOTOK1

That is how TSR got your details. The petition was hacked shortly after it went live but the perpetrator was never found. Now atwat's come forward with a list of 615 names?

This is the theory currently running over at GOS. Allthough the petition now shows 629 names (it's still open and can still be signed), it's more than likely that at the time it was hacked, it contained 615 names. Also, Coconut mentioned that there were some comments aimed at EA next to the names and email addresses. I remember having the option of adding additional comments when I signed it, so what she's seeing could be those comments.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 November 29, 23:31:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm thinking it is the petition. I'm not on the list. Waiting for Coconut's confirmation, but I only go by two names online and neither one or any part of them are on them. Steve, Thomas, and DOT well know that I've been a member of PMBD in the past and am file-share friendly. I've posted about it in their forums, been replied to by Steve, and had a few PMs thrown around between DOT and I. I also subscribed there for a year (never shared the files from that subscription, but then they aren't known for giving a shit about facts or integrity).

Petitions...dudes. This is why you never give your address online. Why should you put your real address on a meaningless, ineffective e-petition?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Panastasia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 November 29, 23:40:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has there ever, in the history of that site, been an effective e-petition?
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 November 29, 23:45:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Petitions...dudes. This is why you never give your address online. Why should you put your real address on a meaningless, ineffective e-petition?
That's exactly why I didn't sign it.  As if EA would actually give a damn for once.  Ha.

I'm still scraping together bits of information to try and understand the bigger image.  I'm really interested in hearing more about how Atwat was sacked.  I almost see this being something like a list of "suspect pirates" that she got a hold of and decided to make it in to something else.  Then she got her ass fired over it.  Too bad for Tomass; I doubt even an apology to everyone on the list will bring back the business he lost over this.  Of course he wouldn't apologize anyway.  Lying son of bitch always tries to cover his tracks.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 November 29, 23:53:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When this info went around the first time, I tried to find a way to delete my account. Today I tried to find out if an account still existed on TSR for me. It does but it's for an email I used years ago - that isn't in my real name anyway. There is no profile page I can discover, nor a way to delete the account. It was probably a stupid idea to logon in the wake of this news, but then a dead email account isn't much of a risk.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 November 30, 00:24:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, the Soup's stupid petition? I TOTALLY signed that with a fake name.

baronsamedi
Asinine Airhead

INTJ, apparently

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 November 30, 02:07:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am astounded. Not that The Sims Retards would do this, but that any person would sign an e-petition with his or her real name. That is really stupid. E-petitions never work anyway.
DrNerd
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 November 30, 02:19:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the petition's closed now.  I'm sure the 14 people who didn't get doxed are somewhat relieved.

Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 November 30, 03:21:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aye. Lolly Katz, Shiv Gorilla and Kilgore Trout were all eager to support the Soup. I forget what online handles I gave them.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 November 30, 04:29:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm on the list. So what exactly does it mean? Are they going to sell our info to spammers?
honey_bunny
Asinine Airhead

Keeper of Sim Animals

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 November 30, 05:31:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not on their list. Maybe I lucked out? I've been using TSR for years now and never had a mishap...not even ONE pop-up. Not sure how I managed to luck out and so many others didn't. Is it possible my computer doesn't recognize bullshit? Lol.
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 November 30, 13:39:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR has released a news item on this issue, and plan to command their battlefield of lolyers to investigate this "libel":

False accusations against TSR

Some of you may have seen yet more false accusations made against TSR on another so called community site claiming that our member database containing personal names and addresses has been leaked. We would like to assure all member of TSR that this list of usernames has not come from TSR. Many of the usernames published do not even exist in our database, and never have. For the usernames that do exist, in some cases we have more info than they claim, and in others, less.

This list is clearly not a list of TSR users. This latest folly only demonstrates further that the information posted on that site about TSR is false, dreamt up in an underhanded attempt to try and discredit our community. Because we are absolutely confident that we can prove this to be farce we have instructed a law firm to press for full legal recompense for libel.

If you have any concerns we would urge you to read our Privacy Policy which we believe demonstrates that we take our members' privacy very seriously.

Update: Some comments posted by users on that site who are listed, state that they never gave TSR that info, or that the username is actually used on another Sims site and not on TSR.

I have nowhere seen that anyone said that this list was leaked from the TSR database? Coconut's words on this, and I quote:

First:
Atwa ( now known as CarpeDiem ) and Tom have committed yet another hideous deliberate  information leak. This leak involves a file containing the full names and Emails of 614 people, branded as ‘pirates'
THEN
Atwa  ( now known as CarpeDiem ) has deliberately leaked a document containing the full names and Emails of 614 innocent people... She says the information belongs to known ‘pirates' and that ‘we' need this information in order to "protect ourselves" and "defend ourselves" ... She is adamant this document was supplied to her by TSR owner,  Thomas. The origins of it vary from "I don't know" to "I can't say" depending on who she is talking to.

Looks to me like they're trying to deflect attention away from the issue by saying "Well, it didn't come from our database, so of course we couldn't have done it, and now we'll sue the pants of you for saying that we leaked our database!" which was, in fact, never even said, while conveniently ignoring the actual accusation: TSR (or someone high up, working for them) hacked into an online petition, which is where the names come from, and then distributed those names with malicious intent!

Stupid TSR is stupid.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 November 30, 14:22:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So the Soup is the ultimate Heffalump trap builder? WHO KNEW?

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 November 30, 14:56:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So the Soup is the ultimate Heffalump trap builder? WHO KNEW?

I know! This is totally shocking and could never have been predicted, even by people who told her at the time that it was a) stupid and b) likely to get hacked for info by Thoma$.

Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 November 30, 17:55:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still find it very suspicious that Blue Soup isn't on the list.  Wasn't she #1?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 November 30, 17:58:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BlueSoup is on the list. She is just not listed as BlueSoup there, because BLUESOUP HAS A FAT HEAD.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: