More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:37:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Loading Bar loads all the way, then nothing
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Loading Bar loads all the way, then nothing  (Read 23513 times)
Disneyworld
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Loading Bar loads all the way, then nothing
« on: 2009 November 28, 17:42:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Im having a problem starting my game with awesome mod again, Now the loading bar at the beginning loads all the way, and then nothnig happens, it just stays like that. Please help Sad
Scatterlung
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Loading Bar loads all the way, then nothing
« Reply #1 on: 2009 November 28, 17:51:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Go into your Mods/Packages folder and remove any custom content with a big long mess of numbers and letters for names. Those are custom content downloaded from the exchange that, for some reason, still work in the game if you delete them.

Worked for me, anyways
Disneyworld
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 November 28, 18:01:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope its not that, I removed everything from mods > packages except for awesome file and the awesome config thing
Scatterlung
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 November 28, 21:25:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't forget to delete the cache files in My Documents/Sims 3.

If its not that then I'm not sure.. I THINK thats how I solved it at my end..
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 November 28, 21:50:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same thing. I'm playing in window mode and every time I was not on the sims window while it was almost finished loading and was instead browsing MATY for example, the next screen with save games would never show up. But if I was switching to sims window and was watching the load bar to go the last centimeters , it did show up. Now the problem is gone, I don't know why, maybe it was a patch or CC or stars position in the sky  Huh Hope this helps.
Disneyworld
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 November 29, 16:43:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I already cleared the cache files and the problem still persists Sad Ah well, I'll try again later
Disneyworld
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 December 01, 06:49:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Still wont work Sad
Tever
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 December 01, 16:28:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is your framework in the base game folder or the WA folder? And did you make sure to download the most current patch? I think we're at 2.2 now, if you have WA.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 December 02, 00:23:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is your framework in the base game folder or the WA folder? And did you make sure to download the most current patch? I think we're at 2.2 now, if you have WA.

Correct - the framework needs to be in the WA directory - install in the same way you would in the base TS3 game.
Also, we are at WA patch 2.2.8 (not 2.2.6), for best results.

Tribulatio proxima est
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 December 02, 00:30:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We're also at 1.7.11 and 2.2.9 if you want to get technical

:p

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
Link
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 December 25, 05:23:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Call me crazy here... is there any possible way I could get my Sims 3 (without the expansion) to load if I put the framework into a fake WA directory setup?

I'm at my wits end here, and the only possible solution I can even think of is that AM won't work because I don't have the expansion.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 December 25, 22:37:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had problems with crash to desktop upon loading bar reaching 100%.  It turned out to be because I'd accidentally downloaded the 1.7.9/1.7.11/2.2.8 VERSION in stead of 1.8/2.3 TEST VERSION.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
qvcatullus
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 January 12, 02:13:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a similar issue -- just got WA, and it ran ok once I set up the framework, apparently correctly... but then I updated my AM, and now it gets hung at 100% load bar.

So, I should have the framework set up in the WA folder. Should my mods be under the WA folder or the original game folder? My 3booter and fpslimiter and such that I got from here are still important, and should also go in the original folder, not WA, correct? I've also got the resource.cfg file; not sure which folder that should be in, now.
I think the thing that confuses me most is that it actually played just fine before, but now it won't load. No changes except replacing the awesomemod package.

ETA: Grrr, I think the issue is that I had not properly updated the game to keep up with MATY. Will try that. I feel a little silly.
« Last Edit: 2010 January 12, 02:24:05 by qvcatullus » Logged
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 January 12, 02:37:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check your framework installation here:  http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17454.0.html.

As indicated in the referenced thread, location of the framework files works differently for people; for some, installation in the base game installation directory; and for others locating them in the WA installation directory produces a positive result. You will need to see what works in your specific case. The resource.cfg should be placed into whichever directory your actual packages are located; but not within the Mods>Packages folder.

As for 3-booter & FPS Limiter, if you have the expansion installed, these should be placed in the expansion installation directory, since it is the executable from the latest installation that should be operative.

You should also clear your cache files and it would not hurt to clear your browser cache at the same time.  Additionally, do a search to make sure that there is not an old AwesomeMod copy hiding somewhere.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
anndelise
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 March 15, 17:31:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I'm bringing up a thread that was last written in in january.  The reason is that my issue seems to be a similar problem and I figured it would be more annoying to have repeated threads of same topic than to refer to an old one.  If nothing else but to show that I HAVE been reading and looking for solutions.  If this is such a huge no-no, then I'll be more than happy to copy-paste this into a new thread about the same problem.

I have only the base game and WA, both unregistered (haven't gotten around to it, yes the games are legitimate).
I have installed and successfully used Delphy's Monkey Bar (which is a framework installer).
I have successfully installed the rabbithole rugs package, but have removed them in my efforts to get AM to work for me.
I have no other extra content, downloads, etc.  (Just TS3, WA, Monkey Bar, and AM.)
According to the update option on TS3 initial screen, I am up to date.  We installed WA this weekend, and it did an automatic update for us at that time.
The game works with the Monkey Bar and the rabbithole rug packages.  Remove the packages and it still works.
Add the AM package, and it stalls at 1/3rd of the loading bar.  Always at the 1/3rd mark when AM is in there.  Take the AM package out, and game loads all the way with no problem.  Add AM package back in, stalls at 1/3rd upload mark.
I have moved the AM package to WA, same thing.
I had deleted the scriptcache files as told to.  No change. (other than it adding in a new scriptcache file with each attempted start of the game.)
Today I installed Delphy's dashboard, but it mentioned no conflict between the Monkey and AM.

Q:  Does Delphy's Monkey Bar (framework installer) work with AM?
Q:  Does the game have to be registered in order for AM to work?
Q:  Any other cache files that should be deleted when initially using AM?
Q:  If the above aren't connected, how do I solve this problem?
funkilla
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 March 15, 17:41:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How many mod folders do you have? I only play with NRAAS Story Progression and AM, and I keep them in the The Sims 3/Mods/Packages folder only and it works fine. Double check to make sure you don't have two copies of AM lurking.

Make sure to copy the d3dx9_31.dll from Program Files/EA/The Sims 3/Game/Bin into WA/Game/Bin.
anndelise
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 March 15, 17:48:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Monkey created Mod/Package folders in TS3 and in WA, but AM is only in the TS3 Mod/Package folder.  There are no subfolders in there either.
When the instructions said if it didn't work, then move AM to the WA Mod/Package folder, I did a cut and paste.  I have checked repeatedly to make sure that there is only one copy of AM in only one of the Mod/Package folders.

The d3dx9_31.dll is in both the TS3 and WA Game/Bins.
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 March 15, 17:51:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How many mod folders do you have? I only play with NRAAS Story Progression and AM, and I keep them in the The Sims 3/Mods/Packages folder only and it works fine. Double check to make sure you don't have two copies of AM lurking.

Make sure to copy the d3dx9_31.dll from Program Files/EA/The Sims 3/Game/Bin into WA/Game/Bin.

If the game is loading at all, then it is not framework failure, and this advice is bad. Stop being a noob enabler.

As for said noob, look around more. There are plenty of contingencies in place for such issues. You clearly failed at finding them. Try again.

anndelise
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 March 15, 19:16:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just because I ask a question doesn't mean that I haven't looked, nor that I've stopped looking.
And for the record, I've 'lurked moar', read the faqs, and have been using the search.

I asked 3 simple yes/no questions.

To the first, supposedly Monkey Bar and AM are compatible.   Yet Monkey Bar works without AM, but AM does not work when in the monkey.  I have now even tried replacing the Monkey Bar with the unzipped advanced framework.  No change.

To the second, I have found nothing regarding registration requirements, and I would be totally surprised if it was a requirement.  But I wanted to cover my bases.  (edited to add that now I know that registering and getting the free download didn't change anything, didn't think it would, but had to check since nothing else was working.)

To the third, I have now even tried deleting all 4 caches, with still no change.

And yes, I keep checking to make sure that I don't have any copies in the folders, etc.

I have even redownloaded the awesomemod file in case the first had somehow gotten corrupted.

At this point, I am exhausted from hours of searching for a solution and am ready for a break.  I will keep an eye on this thread to see if anyone has anything constructive to offer.  If I cannot find a solution, and noone has any constructive ideas or input, then I will obviously have to scrap the idea of using awesome mod.
« Last Edit: 2010 March 15, 19:52:51 by anndelise » Logged
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010 March 15, 20:10:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Silent Dreamer thinks your framework is installed correctly.  If you agree, then you don't need to know the answer to your first question.  If you do not agree, then you need to research installing framework and verify for yourself that framework is installed correctly.  After that, you will be sure and you won't need to know the answer to your first question.

If you would be totally surprised that AM would require registration, why ask?  This is a question that you don't really care about.  No one else does, either, judging from the lack of response.

You have already deleted all the cache files, so you don't really care about the answer to the third question.  You assumed the answer was "yes" and proceeded accordingly.  If someone comes along and answers this question, nothing changes.

The only real question that you care about is the last one, and then only the last part of the last question.  For an answer to that question, I suggest that you verify that Silent Dreamer is correct by learning everything you can about the framework and verifying that it is installed correctly. After that, I suggest that you verify that you have the latest awesome.package, and verify that it is the latest using criteria other than the fact that you just downloaded it.  Once you know you have the latest AM, make sure that it is the only one, and with your new understanding of the framework, that it is installed in exactly the correct spot.  Last, delete the script cache again, which can be conveniently done from the Dashboard, and restart your game.

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010 March 15, 20:12:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To be honest, it sounds like tight pants.

anndelise
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010 March 15, 21:07:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lordrichter, the post you are responding to are the things I had tried since asking my initial questions, providing an update to what I've done and have tried, and thusly what hasn't worked.  Since I put in effort to finding the solutions on my own, then the questions had obviously meant something at the time they were asked.

• I have no doubts that the framework is installed correctly.  Especially not after replacing the monkey with the other suggested frameinstaller.  So now we know that that's not the issue.

As I said in the post, the registration was a possibility that didn't seem to be a real possibility, but I wanted to cover my bases.  Which I had just done as noted by the edited in note to that effect.

And yes, since the initial asking of questions, I checked out the cache issue, and it would seem that that wasn't the problem either.

So yes, I did care about the questions at the time that I had asked them.  Problem solving often involves removing possible errors to see if those were or weren't causing the issue.  And that is what my second post reflected.

It still remained, however, that the issue was not solved.

As for the suggestions you've offered...

If http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15185.0.html and http://beta.moreawesomethanyou.com/ts3/base/ with the awesome.package of 3/9/10 is not the most up to date, then please let me know where I can find the most up to date version as I've only found these two links as reliable sources.

As both my original post and my updating post say, I have checked, and did keep checking each time I did something new, to make sure that there was only one copy installed in the Mod/Package spot as stated in http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17454.0.html .

As stated already, I deleted the scriptcache each time I've tried something new, and restarted my game to test.

So as far as I know, the initial yes/no questions have been answered to a point, barring any unknown factors.

The final question, and the only that seems to still stand (again, barring any unknown factors of the previous three) is what the heck is the problem so I can find a solutionHuh

Silent Dreamer, I don't see how it could be tight pants if the only 'hack' I have is TS3, WA and it's free town and loot set, Delphy's Monkey Bar, and AwesomeMod.

The game was freshly installed on a new drive on Saturday when I finally purchased WA.  I have only downloaded the monkey, the rugs, and AM.  I did not attempt AM with the rugs.package because if they were not compatible, I would prefer to have had AM.  It made more sense to initially try AM alone and then later with the rugs.package to see if they worked together.

So no.  If one reads my initial post, it sounds nothing like tight pants.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010 March 15, 23:26:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A load bar that moves, but never completes, is a Patch Fail.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010 March 16, 01:15:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have gotten your answer from Pescado, so unless you want to argue with him that there is nothing wrong with your patches and that isn't the problem, in which case you can forget about getting anymore help, you can try manually downloading and installing the patches.  If you patched through the launcher, that doesn't always work properly, especially when trying to patch multiple game versions.

You can get them from here http://www.simprograms.com/the-sims-3-patches/

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
anndelise
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2010 March 16, 06:28:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Pescado, finally a definitive answer:  "A load bar that moves but never completes, is a Patch Fail."
---

I'm posting how it was resolved so that future searchers will know how they can solve this problem.

First I did a complete uninstall and cleaning up of files and registry as per http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall
(I didn't have a backup game to worry about, but for those who do it's one of the first steps on that link.)

Then I manually installed the patches following the step by step of http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_PatchingEPNoSP which is found at the bottom of the first link.  I don't have the stuff pack, so this is the link that would work for me.  It has two other links for those with no expansions/stuff and for those with both the expansion and stuff.

The steps helped ensure that I was able to install the sims3pack downloads that come 'free' if you register without worrying about problems with patch incompatibility during installation.

The patch downloads were obtained from http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Patching:Patch_Download .  In fact, the whole set up is nicely contained from the main page for this: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Patching .  This last link also has links for further patching issues and solutions.

After assuring myself about the patches (by being pedantic and manually doing them instead of relying on the launcher, as well as testing game run after each step), I then installed Delphy's Monkey Bar (framework installer).

Finally I downloaded the awesomemod file that was uploaded today, unzipped it, and placed it in the base game's Mod/Package file.

And since it had loaded up, I placed the rabbithole rugs into the package file, to see if they would conflict.  The game loaded.  (Whether they are playable or not I'll find out when I attempt it, lol.)
---

So, in final, in this particular case, it had nothing to do with frameworks, caches, nor tight pants.  But definitely was related to relying on the launcher to have updated patches properly and providing the proper information.

And unsurprisingly, one simple sentence pointed to the solution where a bunch of attitude failed.   Wink
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: