More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:28:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Well, well, THIS is a surprise...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Well, well, THIS is a surprise...  (Read 21368 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Well, well, THIS is a surprise...
« Reply #25 on: 2009 November 28, 01:20:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. It does. However there is a difference between "Throwing away" (As in getting rid of as worthless or unnecessary, failing to take advantage of, or using in a wasteful manner)  and "Throwing around" (As to indulge in, or give by way of entertainment) If I'm "Throwing" my money into something I find useful, something I want, or enjoy, then the work I've done was not wasted.
Nope, still wasted. At the end of the day you have nothing and the money is gone. Stupid.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 November 28, 01:37:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So movies, food , drink, sightseeing/traveling, amusement parks, ball-games, shows and parties, are all stupid just because we dont have a little bit of "Shiny" to hoard or hold in our pockets?

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. ~Ayn Rand
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 November 28, 03:47:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

YES! Do you see ME spending money on that?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 November 28, 05:06:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

YES! Do you see ME spending money on that?

Okay okay, I give up. I can't win lol. (*Gets off her soapbox and crawls back into the corner*) Pfft. I'll at least end this by saying stuff packs can be shiny, and I still want mine.  Lips sealed

Parrot: Didn't notice your post until now, so I'll make a quick reply. (Or not so quick) I stand corrected on the punctuation error. Thank you, and my apologies. Next, yes I guess one can call me a capitalist, so no offense taken at that. As to your assumptions, I'm afraid you are mistaken. I am not 12, but 24, and I'd hate to say I have not had the luxury of being able to avoid bills, rent or car payments. I've worked my fair share of 60hr work weeks, and know all too well how hard money is to come by. Families are expensive and there is no "Motherlode" cheat in RL. To call me rich would be laughable if you knew me.
     Money on bills is still money spent, gone, and lost. and if you've ever had to work 60hr weeks, you too might agree being able to get frivolous in your spending, and having the chance to "Throw money around" For a short while, is not only rewarding, but it also is motivating. Who wants to spend their whole life working away just paying bills, without spending or having any fun of it? Not me.

As far as giving money to "Greedy companies" that spit on the community... Well I would hardly call them greedy. They offer a product at a price people are willing to pay. They can really only go as far as customers will allow them to. If they are receiving money, customers are buying, and if they are buying, they must be doing something right.
     And I have yet to really consider myself "Spit upon". They might be a bit slow at taking care of things, and perhaps a bit inefficient. But if you feel you can do better, start your own company. Let's see how you manage things. If you can't, then hush, because you don't really have a clue, except on what you can witness as an outsider.
     Getting so riled up at EA's evil selfishness and inefficiency, is like those people who go to a fast food restaurant, wait in line a little too long, get a small mixup on their order, or freak out because the person at the window had a hard time understanding your order. And then afterward, freak out, complain about the awful service, awful business, and insist you will never go there again, and then demand your money back while shouting at the cashier.
     While if you actually worked there, and saw things on the inside, you'd see a stressed out manager, who's wondering how they can make up for previous losses, theft, vandalism, certain demands, without layoffs or cutting down.  You might see a cashier who's new on his/her first day, trying to get the hang of things, and wow, seriously, if you have ever tried working at a drive through window, listening to a person in the car saying an order, with the engine running, static on the headset, and people yelling out orders right behind you, its not an easy thing.
     It's like this with every business. No exceptions. Whether it be fast food, restaurants, retail, big companies, whatever. People can complain all they want coming from the outside, point fingers, call names, but all they really are, are ignorant shouting monkeys that don't really know whats going on in the inside.  I don't doubt EA is the same. I've worked in enough companies/fields to see there is stress and high demands in all areas. So if my game is a bit buggy, has a slight glitch here and there, I'll just wait for a patch. Honestly, I would rather have a few bugs than have to wait another year for them to fully perfect the thing.

(Whoops, I think I mentioned getting off my soap box not so long ago.)
« Last Edit: 2009 November 28, 05:42:26 by KawaiiMiyo » Logged

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. ~Ayn Rand
byronh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 November 28, 10:40:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never played any Sims 2 at all, and only the original of Sims 1. Do stuff packs tend to add new animations/interactions or group activities? Or is it basically just a bunch of store content in a box... as in just different looking existing objects?
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 November 28, 12:27:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never played any Sims 2 at all, and only the original of Sims 1. Do stuff packs tend to add new animations/interactions or group activities? Or is it basically just a bunch of store content in a box... as in just different looking existing objects?

Store content in a box. Just items/objects sometimes clothing. I cant think of any that had new interactions. But stuff packs are usually much cheaper than if you were to purchase the items at the online store.

caterpillar
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 November 28, 14:38:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Store content in a box. Just items/objects sometimes clothing. I cant think of any that had new interactions. But stuff packs are usually much cheaper than if you were to purchase the items at the online store.

The very last stuff pack for Sims 2, Mansions & Gardens, did have some new animations, like the extremely annoying flower smelling, and the kids sliding down bannisters. The solar panels reduced the household bills, and Sims got specific wants to to buy green energy sources for their homes. And there was a new cuddle animation couples did in bed right before waking up. Nothing earth shaking, but it was a new direction for stuff packs.
Since that was the last of the Sims 2 sps, it might be an indication of where EA will take Sims 3 stuff packs. Or not.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 November 28, 23:40:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay okay, I give up. I can't win lol. (*Gets off her soapbox and crawls back into the corner*) Pfft. I'll at least end this by saying stuff packs can be shiny, and I still want mine.  Lips sealed
So?

Money on bills is still money spent, gone, and lost. and if you've ever had to work 60hr weeks, you too might agree being able to get frivolous in your spending, and having the chance to "Throw money around" For a short while, is not only rewarding, but it also is motivating. Who wants to spend their whole life working away just paying bills, without spending or having any fun of it? Not me.
I've worked 168-hour weeks. In my day, there was nothing to do *BUT* work, because fun hadn't been invented yet. But you don't see me frivolously spending my money! No, I had to work HARD for that money. I *KILLED* people for that money, and I'll be damned if I'm letting some company have it for a lousy piece of cheap plastic!

As far as giving money to "Greedy companies" that spit on the community... Well I would hardly call them greedy. They offer a product at a price people are willing to pay. They can really only go as far as customers will allow them to. If they are receiving money, customers are buying, and if they are buying, they must be doing something right.
I see nothing wrong with greed. I like greed. That's why I'm not parting with my money. It's MINE, DAMMIT. MINE, MINE, ALL MINE!

And I have yet to really consider myself "Spit upon". They might be a bit slow at taking care of things, and perhaps a bit inefficient. But if you feel you can do better, start your own company.
I do. I can. I did. Somehow, I still find the time to clean up EA's messes as well. Sleep is for the weak.

While if you actually worked there, and saw things on the inside, you'd see a stressed out manager, who's wondering how they can make up for previous losses, theft, vandalism, certain demands, without layoffs or cutting down.
YOUR EXCUSES MEAN NOTHING, MORTAL!

You might see a cashier who's new on his/her first day, trying to get the hang of things, and wow, seriously, if you have ever tried working at a drive through window, listening to a person in the car saying an order, with the engine running, static on the headset, and people yelling out orders right behind you, its not an easy thing.
Yeah, well, MAYBE IF YOU DIDN'T MUMBLE SO MUCH, PEOPLE WOULD ACTUALLY HEAR YOUR ORDER. I've never had this problem, because I know that in order for them to hear you all the way inside when you are giving your order, YOU NEED TO SPEAK UP SO THEY CAN HEAR YOU. If your weak, wussy lungs can't handle that, BRING A MEGAPHONE. In my day, we didn't have fancy electronic headsets! IF YOU WANTED THEM TO HEAR YOU, YOU HAD TO SPEAK UP! AND WE LIKED IT!

dilitru
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 December 03, 11:50:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason, I can't help but agree with Pescado... I don't need to "throw around"/ splurge money to enjoy life. I can always get my guitar, play a little tune, cook a nice dinner (like my favorite food), or draw/watch anime. And whenever the going gets tough, all I think is that I just need to work harder. That's it.

If Snooty Sims has the correct information, this stuff pack is a 10th Anniversary pack and includes three items from the former Sims games, the heart-shaped vibrating bed, the electric guitar, and the aquarium.  How much you want to bet the electric guitar will play the same songs as the acoustic guitar plays, and the aquarium will still only hold one fish.

That will immediately stop me from ARR!ing this. An electric guitar is very, very different from an acoustic one.

"Sims classic"

"CLASSIC" Objects? If you want those, how about the Portable Potty from the Sims: Makin' Magic (which can be extremely useful now), or the Chemistry Set in Livin' Large, or the Rodeo thing in House Party (great animation)? Sure the Chemistry Set is now illegal and isn't considered a toy anymore, but if you want objects that have been attached to The Sims 1 since the early days, why not re-create those?

OR THE DIVING BOARD!? IS THAT NOT A CLASSIC!?
« Last Edit: 2009 December 03, 12:00:49 by dilitru » Logged
sabrieljo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 December 03, 12:21:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

just want a spiral staircase  . . . not much to ask is it and I forgot about the diving board maybe that too  Grin
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009 December 03, 21:26:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What on earth is this obsession with spiral staircases? It seems that almost since the dawn of time, this is all Sims players seem to want. Bloody hell, if EA brought out a Spiral Stairs Stuff Pack, it'd fly off the bloody shelves!

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 December 03, 21:28:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Spiral staircases are much more aesthetically pleasing, and are easier to place in smaller houses than regular staircases. It's nothing to get angry about, just a matter of preference Tongue

DeadlyHandbag
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 December 03, 21:38:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, who`s pre-ordering?  Roll Eyes

Can you pre-order illegal downloads?  Cheesy
Haha, I also wonder that.  Grin

Seriously though, EA are just terrible now with pricing, everything on TS3 Store is just overpriced, the EP was overpriced [over here anyway], how can they be surprised that people will get their things other ways without giving them their money?! I don't think I've even spent the free Store Points I got when I got the game bought for me. I bet this will be around £20. Hence why I won't be getting it legitimately.

coaimhe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009 December 03, 23:23:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

just want a spiral staircase  . . . not much to ask is it and I forgot about the diving board maybe that too  Grin

I would personally like to see the piano come back.  I have no idea why children cannot play instruments in Sims 3.
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009 December 03, 23:32:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why they got rid of the piano still baffles me. It's been a much loved feature since the sims 1! And it's unrealistic to not let kids play instruments...in RL musicians often start very young.

KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009 December 03, 23:59:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason, I can't help but agree with Pescado... I don't need to "throw around"/ splurge money to enjoy life. I can always get my guitar, play a little tune, cook a nice dinner (like my favorite food), or draw/watch anime. And whenever the going gets tough, all I think is that I just need to work harder. That's it.

"Sims classic"

"CLASSIC" Objects? If you want those, how about the Portable Potty from the Sims: Makin' Magic (which can be extremely useful now), or the Chemistry Set in Livin' Large, or the Rodeo thing in House Party (great animation)? Sure the Chemistry Set is now illegal and isn't considered a toy anymore, but if you want objects that have been attached to The Sims 1 since the early days, why not re-create those?

OR THE DIVING BOARD!? IS THAT NOT A CLASSIC!?

And when you bought your new (at the time) Guitar, that wasnt splurging on something you liked? Sure playing a tune on it is free, but it cost you something at one point. Most everything "Free" has money involved somehow, money that was spent and gone. whether it be playing a song on a guitar you bought, or going hiking wearing walking shoes/hiking boots that you still payed for. I wouldn't think of buying myself a guitar, to me personally it'd be a waste of money, as I don't play them. TS3 stuff packs, since I love the sims, and love extra EA stuff, would be 10x more worth my money than a guitar.

Chemistry sets aren't illegal btw, saw of them for kids in a hobby shop today. And they are still about as much of a toy as they used to be. Just less popular. (Though I've always considered them more of an "Activity set" than an actual "Toy" ) But whatever, it's of little importance.
     And to be honest, I hardly remember any of those "Classic" items you mentioned. Probably because they didn't interest me and never used 'em.  Why didn't they create any of those? Well, you might as well ask why didn't they recreate everything else.

And about the diving board.. I don't consider that a classic either, I place that along with  the aquarium. Rather than see it as something that they are "Bringing back" I see it as something that was "Left out" and should have been there all along.
     The two guitars sounding the same... Meh. At this point I'd take the piano back in the game, even if it sounded like a flute.

And it's unrealistic to not let kids play instruments...in RL musicians often start very young.
                 Same with gardening.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 04, 00:05:04 by KawaiiMiyo » Logged

Mosquito
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009 December 04, 00:03:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Store, stuff packs...EAxis sure knows how to make the cash register go "bling"!

And one other thing - have you seen the latest update @ the store? Castle exterior build set. I saw it and thought "Man, that would go great with WA and France. Making old castles that have tombs hidden inside." And then I figured somebody at EAxis knew what they were doing - sell them the EP, and make them buy from the store something that should have been included with it in the first place. 1000 free sim points...pffft, please... Roll Eyes
Chryseis
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2009 December 06, 02:44:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*pats pescado's head* Now now rawr monster, lets not all fight. We dont want you eating people . . .

Money is the exchange for goods and services(or something like that). It makes the world go around and its also a real bitch in a whole lotta ways. . . It makes me happy, and probably alot of other people too, but its just money. There are far more important things. Pancakes for instance, you just CANT live without pancakes. . .

The stuff packs are going to be around for as long as the sims is. You can't help that fact and there is no use crying over the price, coz everything costs something. If you don't wanna buy the stuff pack . . . then DON'T. Someone's gunna pirate it and hooray for us, but go ahead and pay for the damn thing if you really freaking have too. No one will care what you waste your money on coz NO ONE CARES ANYWAY!!!

I want a piano and I want a spiral staircase and an aquarium that holds more than 5 fish . . . Plus more hair styles . . . and clothes. And moar necklaces and the ability to put jewelery on BOTH ARMS /sigh . . . get a grip EA, or we'll grab our torches and pitchforks. Nothing beats a good old fashioned mob to get your point across. . .
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2009 December 06, 02:46:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As much as people miss the diving board in TS3, it's actually an obsolete item that isn't necessary anymore, as sims can simply dive from the edges, without a diving board. As such, a diving board adds no additional functionality, as this is already the default method of entry without a ladder.

gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: 2009 December 06, 04:58:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why they got rid of the piano still baffles me. It's been a much loved feature since the sims 1! And it's unrealistic to not let kids play instruments...in RL musicians often start very young.

THey should at least have Sims ... Rockstar for the game system for the kids.

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: