More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:36:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Bugs in WA
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bugs in WA  (Read 64398 times)
jefrir
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Bugs in WA
« on: 2009 November 23, 18:46:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just some of the (mostly minor) bugs I have spotted so far. I have removed all mods, all caches, and all CC apart from Store stuff, so these are almost certainly EAxis screwups.

* Stuff in inventories sometimes switches to different members of the household. This seems to happen when going on holiday, and maybe when coming back, and I think it's only WA stuff that's doing it; I've certainly seen it happen with tents, and with a skeleton key.
* When moving house with the option to take furniture with me, my nectar maker and fortune cookie maker got left behind.
* Wierd glitch when moving stuff out of family inventory: the hand stayed as if it was holding the item after I'd put it down, and wouldn't let me pick anything else up. Clicking into Build mode left me with a duplicate of the item: one in the inventory and one in the house. Edit: clicking "sell all" in the inventory deletes the one in the house, so they are still linked.
* Possibly not a bug, but I seem to have stopped getting interesting missions on adventures. I know there are at least two more dungeons I haven't explored yet, but my sim with a level 2 visa is getting nothing but missions to do stuff like ask people out on dates and catch frogs. Missions were working properly, but seem to have stopped since my original sim died, which is possibly related.
* Completed lifetime wants are sometimes displaying as an empty box, like on a child, rather than the correct icon. This sometimes fixes when travelling, and sometimes doesn't
* When on holiday, icons in the relationship panel and in wants for members of the family who have been left behind are sometimes displaying as a lifestage or two below what they currently are.
* I completed the challenge to grow all plants without actually growing them all, probably due to the change in the number of plants. (I actually quite like this one)
* The metric for number of mixtures tried in winemaking went back to zero a couple of times. Could be linked to the sim in question going on holiday, I didn't test thoroughly. It's not triggered by other members of the family going on holiday.
* My first sim acquired sparkles, like those around the noticeboard thingy, fairly early on, and kept them at least until death.
* Large and medium paintings progress normally until the penultimate stage, then all progress stops and the bars stop filling. Directing a sim to stop and then start again completes the painting instantly.
* Random route failure problems, apparently linked to having a pond with a path round it.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 24, 15:08:53 by jefrir » Logged
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
Re: Bugs in WA
« Reply #1 on: 2009 November 23, 23:00:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was hoping there would be a "General bug" thread for WA.  

Bugs I've noticed in my game: (With no CC and fresh re-install by the way)

---I still receive crashes on saving, even after upgrading to 2.2 and while there is no error code, if I dont use "Save as (new name)" it will hang on the saving screen forever, and have to ctrl-alt-delete it. (Edit: Actually this one was a 2.2 patch for me as well)

---Cherries, pomegranates, other WA fruit dissapears from my inventory upon returning from vacation. (Edit: Bug only with 2.2 patch)

---"Win tournament" wish will not be fulfilled, regardless of how many tournaments I've won.

---The graphical bugs I've mentioned on a previous thread where lots turn black, or the sidewalks/roads get blurred (Edit: Just learned it was an issue with my new ATI video card)
« Last Edit: 2009 November 25, 23:34:38 by kawaiimiyo » Logged

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. ~Ayn Rand
caterpillar
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 November 24, 00:23:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that my Sim 'forgets' traits of foreign locals that she's learned when she encounters them in other countries. She's good friends with Bao Louie in China, and knew all five of his traits from interacting with him in China. When she runs into him in Egypt, where he's an 'explorer', she knows only two of his traits.
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 November 24, 02:13:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

-Shopkeepers seem to be on service 24/7 that can potential break a Egypt mission were we have to get inside a house owned by two shopkeepers that naturally never go back home.
crunk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 November 24, 04:24:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm getting the food spoilage bug - anything my sims cook and store for leftovers spoils within 24 hours.
kemowery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 November 30, 03:12:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm getting the food spoilage bug - anything my sims cook and store for leftovers spoils within 24 hours.

I was getting that with the low-end refrigerator.  Once I replaced it with a better model, the bug stopped.

Here's my bug: My sim visited China, met the old woman who sold the special items, then left China.  When he came back, I noticed he was heartbroken.  Checking his thought bubble, I see she died.  He barely knew her, so whatever.  He's there for 8 days this time, so two days of moping around is bearable, I guess.

Then I noticed his last name had changed to a Chinese last name.  And apparently the game decided that he was married to the old woman and he's the father of all her kids.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 November 30, 11:30:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sparkles come from the "eye candy" effect. DO NOT WANT.

More F than you
mindtempest
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 November 30, 14:06:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* The metric for number of mixtures tried in winemaking went back to zero a couple of times. Could be linked to the sim in question going on holiday, I didn't test thoroughly. It's not triggered by other members of the family going on holiday.
* My first sim acquired sparkles, like those around the noticeboard thingy, fairly early on, and kept them at least until death.

1 is due to travel. When you travel, the counter resets. Stupidly.

2 is due to the Eye Candy lifetime happiness reward..
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 November 30, 20:44:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Traveling voids the Bookworm's Book Club Membership.  Which sucks.  It's supposed to be a lifetime membership.
*The "helpful" #/# showing in certain wish tooltips displays current # of friends incorrectly; it doesn't include foreign friends, but they DO count towards fulfilling the wish, so the tooltip will say something like 14/20 but since your sim has 5 foreign friends making just one more friend will fulfill the want.
*Some shops never open, or close and never open again.  Egypt's bookshop has been perma-closed for weeks.  Leaving Egypt and comming back hasn't helped.
*The wish to find relics adding up to a certain total value counts all relics found by anyone in the household, not just the individual sim.  This is actually quite helpful, and might be intentional?
*Some foods spoil at an allarming rate while others seem to last forever in the same fridge.  I had leftover Fish and Chips, Sushi, and Autum salad in the fridge from the last coulple of days and added a new pizza and a completely untouched platter of spagetti.  In the morning, the Spagetti and the Pizza had both spoiled while the older foods were still fine.
*Plumbing objects repaired by a sim who has completed that Handines challenge that is supposed to make all plumbing objects repaired by him never break still seem to break.  Can anyone confirm this?

Maybe not a bug, but VERY annoying: traveling totally jumbles inventories.

I too noticed the nectar mixture number reset to 0.  It sucked.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Steele
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 December 01, 09:19:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my game these are my observed bugs

A. Traveling damages skill records.
1. Space rock identified always drops to 3% identified. (without mods or hacks it drops to 73%)
2. Nectar combination mix drops to 1 combination. (Vanilla WA retains combination record)
3. Comedian skill challenge drops to 0 Jokes made. (even without mods it drops to 0)

B. Upgrading of the fortune cookie machine is bugged. Upon upgrading the handiness skill page becomes blank. There is also no message when the upgrade is completed.

C. Store keepers gets stuck at their starting point. The shop becomes unmanned. (experienced in vanilla game, So far with Awesomemod or NRaas Story Driver they always come to work)

D. Painting meter does not complete, however premature stoppage of painting completes it.

E. Base game Magic gnome is inactive.

F. Putting cars into the inventory when traveling will allow the car to be used only in China, but scooters are not allowed in China. Egypt and France only allows the scooter.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 December 01, 10:23:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that will happen due to the fact that the game is essentially attempting to decompile and reconstruct everything like if you had exported to bin. Knowing exactly which fields are damaged would be helpful.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jefrir
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 December 01, 14:45:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the paintings, the problem only seems to arise if they stop painting part way through. That's why I was only seeing it for medium or large paintings: small paintings are generally completed within one session, so work fine.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 December 01, 17:26:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2. Nectar combination mix drops to 1 combination. (Vanilla WA retains combination record)
That is not my expirence.  In a 100% clean unmodded vanilla WA, I had nectar combination reset to 0 every time my sim returned home from vacation.

F. Putting cars into the inventory when traveling will allow the car to be used only in China, but scooters are not allowed in China. Egypt and France only allows the scooter.
I'm not sure what exactly you mean here, but I had one sim driver her car all over France when I put in in her inv before she went on vacation.  Also, my Rock Star is chauffeured all over China in her pink limo carpool while her Astronaut husband rides a bicycle (he does not own a bicycle; it just appears for him to ride and then dissappears like the scooters in Egypt and France).

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 December 02, 05:37:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All cars function normally on vacation, with a few wrinkles.
1. The road network is normally shite.
2. The car must be IN YOUR INVENTORY to work...after you arrive. If you used the inventory car to drive to the airport, this car will no longer be in your inventory and will not be accessible wile on vacation. AwesomeMod prevents inventoried vehicles from being used to go on vacation, so that it will remain in your inventory and be usable when you arrive, but the stock base game will happily have your sim use that car to drive away in the base hood, and thus lose the car.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Steele
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 December 03, 03:04:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that will happen due to the fact that the game is essentially attempting to decompile and reconstruct everything like if you had exported to bin. Knowing exactly which fields are damaged would be helpful.
The damaged skill fields in my game are as follows:
1. The Collecting Skill :
         Amateur Rock Finder and  Awesomest Rock Collector in the Universe challenges are affected when the space rock analyzed is reduced to 3%. I'm not sure which rock gets retained but the number of rocks found are still intact. I believe in the old save file format there is  another set of fields specifying what rocks types are identified and how many.
2. The Charismatic skill :
         Comedian challenge. Only the jokes told are set to zero. the other records remain intact. If I remember correctly, the one of the records for charisma is outside the charisma skill tree.
3. The Nectar Making Skill :
         A. Mix Master challenge - This gets reset to 1 for me. But others seems to report they get 0.
         B. The Vizard of Vine - This, I still need to verify, since I have not yet able to complete even if my record has already around 600 grapes bunches pressed, and 400 is the required.

Thanks in advance.

All cars function normally on vacation, with a few wrinkles.
1. The road network is normally shite.
2. The car must be IN YOUR INVENTORY to work...after you arrive. If you used the inventory car to drive to the airport, this car will no longer be in your inventory and will not be accessible wile on vacation. AwesomeMod prevents inventoried vehicles from being used to go on vacation, so that it will remain in your inventory and be usable when you arrive, but the stock base game will happily have your sim use that car to drive away in the base hood, and thus lose the car.
Ok, now I understand. Without the Awesomemod, my sim uses the taxi to the airport when going to China but uses her personal car when going to France or Egypt. There was one incident that the car went MIA after vacation but weirdly resurfaced in another sim's inventory after 3-4 vacations later.
Shield Guard
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 December 03, 04:43:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After I return from Al Simhara and my sims interact with each other the color bar is red and the text is missing. Also, my sims relationship/freind info in the toolbar disappears?

Anyone else have this?

Any idea what I can do?

Thanks.
Cerridwen
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 December 03, 05:09:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only issue I have to report other than blue lots which is documented in another thread, is that I appear to now have a serial killer on the loose in my town.   Since installing WA, I have now experienced two random, non-age related deaths in my town.  I clicked on a house with a engaged couple and noticed it was only the man.   I figured EA's story progression just moved her out or something but when I went into the house, he had a broken-hearted moodlet that said "from death of lover" or something like that.  And he kept crying with her pic as the thought bubble.   I rolled back to an earlier save and tossed it up to random weirdness.    Then several days real time later I noticed the teenage son of a different family was missing.  Went into that house, checked the family tree and his pic is greyed out like he died.  And he's not in their relationship panel anymore.  

On one hand, I've always thought this game needed MOAR DEATH.  It seems much harder to kill off sims in TS3 than TS2.  And the randomness of it (neither were old) I suppose could add a bit of suspense and uncertainty to the game.  
But I want to be God dammit!  I want to decide who lives and dies.  And how they die!  
Anyone else have this happen?  A connection I do see between the deaths is that both families did go on vacation shortly before the "death".  One to Egypt, one to China.  But neither saw a mummy, so they couldn't have been cursed.  

I suppose I could just pretend one of my evil sims is on a rampage.... Just gotta decide which one.
cuthbert
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 December 03, 13:20:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

During my first visit to China, I cheated shamelessly and mercilessly like I always have been, and reached visa level 3 quite easily. And visited China again on the next holiday, selecting '18 days' without much thinking.

I bought a vacation home, read all the books available in China, trained with the dummy to kung-fu level 10, collected quite a junk using the new feature in Supreme Commander (it was really awesome, thanks Pescado), meditated for 150 hours, played the guitar from level 3 to 10, made 7 friends and gained some Charisma skills. Feeling like an eternity passed by, and wondering why no pop-up warning appears like the first visit, I finally checked the remaining days in the travel bar - it didn't budge at all, still 0/18. I panicked a little, rummaged through the cellphone and fortunately there was an option to manually abort the travel and go back home.

Besides AM, the only CC I'm using are Twallan's supercomputer and a little xml hack that prevents food spoiling in Pudding Factory.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 December 03, 13:32:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The damaged skill fields in my game are as follows:
Does the damage occur only when you return to the main neighborhood, or does it occur when you leave and arrive at a vacation hood as well?

BattyCoda
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 December 03, 15:09:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only issue I have to report other than blue lots which is documented in another thread, is that I appear to now have a serial killer on the loose in my town.   Since installing WA, I have now experienced two random, non-age related deaths in my town.  I clicked on a house with a engaged couple and noticed it was only the man.   I figured EA's story progression just moved her out or something but when I went into the house, he had a broken-hearted moodlet that said "from death of lover" or something like that.  And he kept crying with her pic as the thought bubble.   I rolled back to an earlier save and tossed it up to random weirdness.    Then several days real time later I noticed the teenage son of a different family was missing.  Went into that house, checked the family tree and his pic is greyed out like he died.  And he's not in their relationship panel anymore.  

On one hand, I've always thought this game needed MOAR DEATH.  It seems much harder to kill off sims in TS3 than TS2.  And the randomness of it (neither were old) I suppose could add a bit of suspense and uncertainty to the game.  
But I want to be God dammit!  I want to decide who lives and dies.  And how they die!  
Anyone else have this happen?  A connection I do see between the deaths is that both families did go on vacation shortly before the "death".  One to Egypt, one to China.  But neither saw a mummy, so they couldn't have been cursed.  

I suppose I could just pretend one of my evil sims is on a rampage.... Just gotta decide which one.

Do those lots have transporters on them? My sims have developed an unhealthy obsession with repairing the stupid things. I had two sims die that way. They might have had one handy skill point each. Now I have been obsessively calling the repair folk to make sure the things are not broken. It seems any random sim in the family will suddenly decide they are so handy they can fix the transporter. And even if you stop them, they will keep trying to return to it until they get shocked multiple times.
Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 December 03, 15:13:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am beginning to have huge problems taking my Sims on vacation.  My only hacks are Awesome and Twallan's Super Computer.  I have a family of 5, 2 adults, 2 teens and 1 child.  They went to China everything was great.  When they came home all of the cooking books had disappeared from the inventory.

I kept playing the family and decided to send them to China again.  This time it was just the 2 Adult parents and 1 teen (who was the child at first)  Everything was fine in China until I noticed their vacation time did not count down.  It remained 0/5 the whole time until I decided to make them leave.  When they got home the teen was totally gone from the household, the father's icon just green and I could not control him.  The mother acted like she had never left and the household money was how it was when I left.  I noticed through using the Super Computer and Awesome mod that I had the REAL family as homeless townies.  Their money was also what they had made in China.

Looking at the mother's family tree I saw that all of her children were aged down to child and 2 teens.  And the child was darkened like she was a foreigner from China in the relationship panel.  However the real teen (who went to China) showed as currently out of town on the Super Computer.

I tried summoning the real family and they never came.  I tried resetting them, resetting the world...nothing worked.

So I went back to an older save and just sent the Father to China.  While he was there his vacation timer never expired and in the relationship panel his children were aged down.  When he returned home, everyone was like they should be.  No duplicates.

What a mess.  I do not fiddle with odd cheats or anything like that.  I have no idea how they got so borked.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 December 03, 15:32:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am beginning to have huge problems taking my Sims on vacation.  My only hacks are Awesome and Twallan's Super Computer.  I have a family of 5, 2 adults, 2 teens and 1 child.  They went to China everything was great.  When they came home all of the cooking books had disappeared from the inventory.
Disappearing inventory objects is part of an issue that may have recently been fixed in AwesomeMod. Or you could be experiencing an all-new issue. Hard to tell. Anytime you're considering sending someone on a vacation, it is STRONGLY ADVISED to SAVE A BACKUP COPY FIRST.

I kept playing the family and decided to send them to China again.  This time it was just the 2 Adult parents and 1 teen (who was the child at first)  Everything was fine in China until I noticed their vacation time did not count down.  It remained 0/5 the whole time until I decided to make them leave.
Sounds like your neighborhood unravelled into a BFBVFS.

Cerridwen
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 December 03, 15:58:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do those lots have transporters on them? My sims have developed an unhealthy obsession with repairing the stupid things. I had two sims die that way. They might have had one handy skill point each. Now I have been obsessively calling the repair folk to make sure the things are not broken. It seems any random sim in the family will suddenly decide they are so handy they can fix the transporter. And even if you stop them, they will keep trying to return to it until they get shocked multiple times.

No, I've never purchased a transporter ever.  The one sim that died was a technophobe, I do not think she would attempt to repair anything, even if she broke it.   There is a computer on her lot as she is an author though.    I did not realize you could die from electrocution. I think I've only seen once or twice a sim get electrocuted by fixing something.  And all it seemed to do was give the "singed" moodlet.   I've been on vacation and had a sim get electrocuted by a trap multiple times without dying.   Perhaps the traps are less deadly than common household appliances?
HelloKit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2009 December 05, 00:58:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was getting that with the low-end refrigerator.  Once I replaced it with a better model, the bug stopped.

I'm getting this even with the most expensive refrigerator. Replacing it works for as long as I play, until I save, quit, and come back. At that time if I don't replace the refrigerator again, all of my leftovers spoil within 12 hours. And this is with the base game and latest patch, no WA.

Replacing the refrigerator first thing when I load my game is an easy workaround, but it's costing my Sims money.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 December 05, 01:00:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is interesting. Gives me a hint on where to look for it, although I am not in a position to test this, being that my sims eat raw meat.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: