More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 21:19:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Beta Testing 1.7.9/WA 2.2.8 Problems/Questions/Discussion
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Beta Testing 1.7.9/WA 2.2.8 Problems/Questions/Discussion  (Read 162062 times)
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Beta Testing 1.7.9/WA 2.2.8 Problems/Questions/Discussion
« Reply #250 on: 2009 November 26, 16:35:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only time my game has crashed to the desktop without simply minimizing the game window (which it randomly does a lot when I am looking at tabs, such as what types of books have been written) is when I have the EA story progression enabled on the options. If I disable the story progression, old Sims still die and other known Sims still age; but my game doesn't crash. I have played several days without EA story progression turned on, saved and quit, and returned to play for several more days without a crash. Then, when I check the EA story progression again, the game crashes around 1 a.m.

I haven't tried without AM in. I am playing a straight default setting AM on 1.7.9, with no config file in my package folder. Obviously, I don't have, and don't plan to have, WA.
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 2009 November 26, 18:55:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

since i am new i am exercizing my right to be stupid. but where is the beta mod for wa. i have looked everywhere - apparently not!-

Oh, FFS. READ THE FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD, YOU ILLITERATE TARDS!

The link was also dropped on the page before this one.  But this is exactly why I buried the link in the fine print.  Some people are entirely too stupid to be testing, especially when they have no idea where to put the mod, or how to configure the mod, what the mod even does, or where the elusive AwesomeStory can be found.  Most of these same idiots will not even bother to read the testing thread.  Yet they will happily blame everyone here when their game does not work because they have no clue what they are doing.  So welcome to the Help Desk, coltraz.  Grab a cup of coffee and a big stick.
Incognito
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 2009 November 26, 19:08:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No one else appears to have had this problem, so it may just be my game; but I installed the Beta version of AM with no other CC at all, and my game doesn't load past the loading screen. It doesn't actually load at all, no music, nothing.
Nemamiah
Asinine Airhead

Maybe not...

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2009 November 26, 19:11:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No one else appears to have had this problem, so it may just be my game; but I installed the Beta version of AM with no other CC at all, and my game doesn't load past the loading screen. It doesn't actually load at all, no music, nothing.

I think you'll find that plenty of people have had this issue, just move your files about a bit, I believe I have the awesomemod, framework etc in both TS3 and TS3 WA folders, though I'm not entirely sure which one is making it work. Try reading all of the thread before claiming nobody has this problem.

I am invisible to everyone but dogs and Jehovah's Witnesses...
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 2009 November 26, 20:00:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

indeed, I had to do some moving about myself, but finally got things to work for my game. One of the idiosyncracies of Windows - no load is ever the same on any two computers...you really don't wanna hear my Java horror stories.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 2009 November 26, 20:13:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

CAS Genealogy issue should be fixed now. Tourist fambly can no longer be toaded.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 26, 20:59:00 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ScorpioMaurus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2009 November 26, 21:25:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WA makeup doesn't appear with Awesomemod installed in CAS.
Be more specific. I don't know what WA makeup is. How do I look for it, and where it is SUPPOSED to be?
It's eyeliner for the most part - Egyptian. The icons are the orange shaded ones like other EP content has...I haven't been in CAS to know if it's missing. I do know it's available if you change appearance in a mirror in game.

Eyeliner shows up for me, CAS and otherwise, definitely not awesome related. Try moving mod to WA directory. Remember to delete scriptCache.package in My Documents.

Obviously no one fully read my original post. Sometimes the makeup shows up fine and sometimes it just disappears. The normal eyeliners appear but not the Egyptian ones included with WA and I already have the AM installed in my WA directory. This never happened in the vanilla game when I created my 8 females it only happened when I had that version of AM installed, but it has not happened since I got the newer AM now i only have the pregnancy issues where you cannot click on a pregnant female unless she's sitting or lying down.
ladycoelura
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 2009 November 26, 23:37:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I have a question what if I have to reinstall and not put the 2.2.8 patch back because of what it is doing to my game? How will that effect my ability to use AM once it is out of testing. Because I can't build basements without the game crashing since I upgraded to the 2.2.8 patch even when I tried the version on AM that was out yesterday afternoon without any of my other mods in the game.
dedust
Asinine Airhead

LÖR LÖR

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2009 November 27, 00:13:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

CAS Genealogy issue should be fixed now. Tourist fambly can no longer be toaded.

Yay, thanks. Does this also mean genealogy options work with shift+ctrl-click during play? I could click on the different options (ie. adopt, add sibling, marry etc) and they appeared to work, but nothing was ever changed in their family relationships. However, all the available options with the relationships pie menu worked fine, such as make ex, make best friend and so on. Oh and also, could there be options for "add grandparent", "add uncle/aunt"? Or vice versa, add niece/nephew, add grandchildren. Something to extend the family tree just a little further.

Also some info for mac users should probably be added to the first post, as there's none atm.

You will be baked, and then there will be cake.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2009 November 27, 00:32:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Secondary relationships aren't formally linked in the game at all. You can't "add grandparent" or "add auntcle" or "add cousin", etc, because such relationships are derived. A "grandparent" is defined in-game as a parent of a parent, etc. The game only actually formally records direct relationship, derived relationships are derived from these. A relationship of "cousin" is defined in-game as "having different parents that are siblings". There's no actual formal record of this state.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Chrissi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 2009 November 27, 01:02:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even if it's not defined, can't you do it yourself by defining or otherwise requiring an intermediate parent before defiing the grandparent?

Or am I missing something important about why it doesn't work?  From what I see, it's just a matter of putting the step in-between... making sure there is a parent, then making the grandparent the parent of that parent.

By the way I am also getting the 1am crash (with AM beta, goes away if I remove it).
anthonyfatale
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2009 November 27, 01:34:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so the only thing to put in WA folder is d3dx9_31.dll.

THANK YOU
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2009 November 27, 01:41:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game also decided to assign a foreigner from China as a boss to one of the careers, who was currently a tourist in the neighborhood. This kind of smells like an EA bug, but thought I'd mention it just in case

Maybe he runs the office from China?

That has a real life sounding possibility, which means EAxis wouldn't have thought of implementing it deliberately.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 27, 01:50:39 by wizard_merlin » Logged

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Keyan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2009 November 27, 01:50:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game also decided to assign a foreigner from China as a boss to one of the careers, who was currently a tourist in the neighborhood. This kind of smells like an EA bug, but thought I'd mention it just in case

Maybe he runs the office from China?

The has a real life sounding possibility, which means EAxis wouldn't have thought of it to implement it deliberately.

That's true... But I guess it is one of their screwups that could be considered not a bug...
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2009 November 27, 02:34:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But i still have a problem:

1/ In CAS, i have only 1 trait for my sims: "stupid". All the others have disappeared, the spaces are left blank

2/ still have this problem that I can play my Girl sim but just can't click my boy sim ( to talk to him) and when i play my boy sim and click on my girl sim to talk with her, there's no option but frighten her, or do the moodlet manager things to her.

You have out dated mods causing both of these. The second is likely being caused by the "Ask if single is friendly" mod or some other social mod. The first one is probably related to some trait mod. Try removing all mods but awesomemod and see if it works.

Yay, thanks. Does this also mean genealogy options work with shift+ctrl-click during play? I could click on the different options (ie. adopt, add sibling, marry etc) and they appeared to work, but nothing was ever changed in their family relationships. However, all the available options with the relationships pie menu worked fine, such as make ex, make best friend and so on. Oh and also, could there be options for "add grandparent", "add uncle/aunt"? Or vice versa, add niece/nephew, add grandchildren. Something to extend the family tree just a little further.

As far as I'm aware, those genealogy options are EAxis made and aren't supported by AM so if they are broken, they did it.
danward
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 2009 November 27, 03:17:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Patched from 1.4 to 1.7 vers 2, (pain) because I had to get the original videocamera.ini file because the videocamera file I had was altered. the correct file should only be 1.63k. Get it off the disc or hunt for it, someone on the web might have it.
Save, then remove the "Mod" folder from the framework.  The mods that don't seem to conflict are the hairy body and skin textures and tones,  some skill speed ups, and most of the actual mesh items.
What causes the hang ups and bugs are awsomemod 1.7 beta (game runs slowly) and inteen(any version.)
Sucks because Awsomemod with Indiestone was so cool and made the game playable and fun. Inteen I can live without, never used it anyway.
I don't know if EA is trying to f**k up this game by roadblocking the modders or if the game is sloppily programmed that internal tweaks by EA makes the game delicately unstable.
The Awsomemod 1.7 beta does work, but not well as of now. I gotta hand it to Pescadero for making the awsomemod to begin with, pure genius. I'm not sucking up by saying that. Lips sealed
highstresslevel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2009 November 27, 04:28:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WA makeup doesn't appear with Awesomemod installed in CAS.
Be more specific. I don't know what WA makeup is. How do I look for it, and where it is SUPPOSED to be?
It's eyeliner for the most part - Egyptian. The icons are the orange shaded ones like other EP content has...I haven't been in CAS to know if it's missing. I do know it's available if you change appearance in a mirror in game.

Eyeliner shows up for me, CAS and otherwise, definitely not awesome related. Try moving mod to WA directory. Remember to delete scriptCache.package in My Documents.

Obviously no one fully read my original post. Sometimes the makeup shows up fine and sometimes it just disappears. The normal eyeliners appear but not the Egyptian ones included with WA and I already have the AM installed in my WA directory. This never happened in the vanilla game when I created my 8 females it only happened when I had that version of AM installed, but it has not happened since I got the newer AM now i only have the pregnancy issues where you cannot click on a pregnant female unless she's sitting or lying down.

This has happened at least three times in my game.  No AM here.  So it's an EA issue.  It happened several times after I first installed, playing a fresh game w/no hacks.  I haven't been able to reproduce it today, so maybe a cache issue?
Nancy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 2009 November 27, 04:30:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The CAS relationship thing is fixed.

But the naps on benches/lawn furniture still crashes.   I changed from having them sleep at the gym to sleeping at home on park benches - but they still crash a bit into their second nap.

I am fast-forwarding - it was automatic since they all were "sleeping".....
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2009 November 27, 05:07:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What causes the hang ups and bugs are awsomemod 1.7 beta (game runs slowly) and inteen(any version.)

The Awsomemod 1.7 beta does work, but not well as of now.

And your problem?  Most of the Inteen stuff use a core mod (or at least last time I looked at them) which makes them incompatible with AM, while some like the teen pregnancy are XML tuning mods which work fine with AM.  Inteen and most of the associated options have just recently been updated to 1.7/WA.

What do you mean that it isn't working as well as of now?  As well as what?  I have AM and have been using the Beta pretty much since Pescado made it available for public testing and don't see any of the slow down your talking about.

Please elaborate on what the hang ups and bugs are that you are experiencing with AM.  Pescado might be a great many things to a great many people, but I doubt he is a mind reader, therefore you need to properly articulate what the hang ups and bugs are, that AM is causing, so he can try and reproduce them and fix them.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Crysill
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2009 November 27, 06:25:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Almost all of the problems I've encountered so far seem to have been solved as of the latest beta. CAS relations works, and the Tourist Orgies have ceased to occur. I've been testing in longer-term games due to these fixes, and have yet to experience any explosions.

Pescado might be a great many things to a great many people, but I doubt he is a mind reader
I do, however, find it comforting when posting to periodically think "I know you can read my mind, Pescado."

Just in case.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 2009 November 27, 07:07:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the newest Beta, I have experienced no problems and no error messages all all in the couple of hours I had to play tonight.

Also, love the new features you've added!

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 2009 November 27, 07:45:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I added new features?

Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2009 November 27, 09:17:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I added new features?
When you CTRL-Cllick on a Sim there are new menu options which come up.  I attributed them to AwesomeMod.  Some have to do with the travel adventures.  I assumed they were AwesomeMod, but maybe they are just EA debug items?

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2009 November 27, 09:18:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably EAxian debugs enabled by AwesomeMod, then.

stabsofwar
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 2009 November 27, 11:03:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Im currently using the lasted update of Awesome mod you put out for the first time, ( by the way loving it) and ive noticed a crash that happened at exactly the same time twice in a row.

when all my sims go to sleep the game auto fast forwards which is all normal and good, but the moment the in game clock goes from 12:59am - 1:00am it crashes.

in case it matters i got 4 sims sleeping at the time, its the very first day since i built the house, i am using latest version of WA, the only mod i have that could conflict is the 24 hours food spoiling mod. Other others are just objects and appearance mods.

Also playing wihth 64bit Win7.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: