More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 21:29:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Beta Testing 1.7.9/WA 2.2.8 Problems/Questions/Discussion
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Beta Testing 1.7.9/WA 2.2.8 Problems/Questions/Discussion  (Read 162063 times)
guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Beta Testing 1.7.9/WA 2.2.8 Problems/Questions/Discussion
« Reply #175 on: 2009 November 25, 07:29:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the latest version, and the game is crashing at 15-20% (exactly where TS3 used to crash with AM) whenever I try to send a sim on holiday. Edit Town and editing holiday destinations works fine however. Since nobody else seems to be having this error, and it produces no error message, does anyone have any bright ideas beyond another reinstallation? (this was a fresh install).
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2009 November 25, 07:39:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(Also using the most recent uploaded version of AM)

My sim got stuck when it decided to shoo a peeping tom.  So it isn't just travel doing it.  Also, when I am cooking it doesn't increase my skill until my sim puts the plates out... So it is pretty much impossible to improve cooking ability through cooking.  Not sure if that is a WA bug or something to do with AM or what though.  Still getting many flagrant errors... But I'll wait until the next update to post those.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2009 November 25, 07:59:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Next update was like an hour or so ago, so you may want to check it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Greyform
Dimwitted Dunce

Grey pride

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2009 November 25, 08:15:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just tested again with the latest AwesomeMod, and using only AwesomeMod in WA, I still get jump bugs occasionally when writing children's books. It may happen with longer books too, but I haven't experienced that yet.

ETA: Yes, it does seem to be any book, not just short ones.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 25, 08:25:58 by Greyform » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2009 November 25, 08:51:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And this occurs only when writing books, not reading them or anything else involving them? And it happens "occasionally"?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Greyform
Dimwitted Dunce

Grey pride

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2009 November 25, 08:56:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And this occurs only when writing books, not reading them or anything else involving them? And it happens "occasionally"?

Actually, I'm testing this right now to be certain, but I'm fairly sure I know what causes it. It looks like two sims can't write books with the same title in AwesomeMod. I just tested it without AM, and it works fine. Now I'm going to test it on a clean save with only AM and see if it jumps.

ETA: Bah, my same title theory seems to be bunk, as I can't reproduce it on a clean save. It's possible my old save is corrupt (which seems to happen a lot to my saves...) or that it's caused by something else entirely.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 25, 09:13:40 by Greyform » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2009 November 25, 09:13:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I'm testing this right now to be certain, but I'm fairly sure I know what causes it. It looks like two sims can't write books with the same title in AwesomeMod. I just tested it without AM, and it works fine. Now I'm going to test it on a clean save with only AM and see if it jumps.
There's no such rule, and the core code for writing books is unmodified. If you're using "Start Writing" from Supreme Commander, Supreme Commander won't accept a title that is a duplicate of any existing work, and the default game itself will not accept a title that is a duplicate of anything written by that sim (but this part is core unmodified rules), but that should not impact the writing process itself, as Supreme Commander's bookstarter is external to the writing process and only seeds the new project so that you can issue the project without having to walk all the way to the computer to start it, by which time you have selected someone else and the dialog box pops up out of the blue with no explanation as to what it wants.

Greyform
Dimwitted Dunce

Grey pride

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2009 November 25, 09:34:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know this sounds crazy, but the only way I can get this to happen is for my teen sim to try and write a book with the same title as his mummy father. If he writes a book with the same title as anyone else, it's fine. If anyone else writes a book with the same title as the mummy in question, it's fine. It just consistently jumps when the teen son tries to write a book with one of the titles the father has used. It's probably just a corrupt save, and it's likely it has nothing to do with AM after all, but I can't be sure.

ETA: Gah! Now I know what's causing it for certain! I'm sorry, as it turns out, this isn't an AM bug at all.

See, my teen sim has the same name that his mummy father used to have. I changed the father's name, then gave the son his old name once he was born. The titles are all stored under the name the father used to have, so it fucks up whenever I try to use the son to write a book with the same title.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 25, 09:47:11 by Greyform » Logged
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2009 November 25, 09:57:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright... I've cleared my cache and snagged the latest and greatest beta-AM.

So far I've only gotten this flagrant error:

And as far as my other problems go... it was a conflict with cmsacd... or whatever that routing mod is.  I'll go see if there is a newer version out there.
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2009 November 25, 10:14:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another bug to report:
Been receiving errors in the display hover text for buy items and wishes. Long number titles and full directory listings show in the descriptions. Seems to not effect gameplay: all items can be placed/recolored/used, wishes can be fulfilled. Does not occur with everything related to WA either as seen in the first picture. Though most items from WA in the catalog displayed this problem, not all of them did as in picture 2 below, another WA plant was fine. Also wanted to note, I've seen this problem when Riverview needed to be reinstalled because it had been removed or corrupted.

guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2009 November 25, 10:29:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Still crashing to desktop at 15-20%. Only thing I can do to play world adventures is exit, disable AM, restart and travel, then reverse the process when they come back. Doesn't seem to be having any adverse effects on my hood, but sure is annoying.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2009 November 25, 10:46:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Still crashing to desktop at 15-20%. Only thing I can do to play world adventures is exit, disable AM, restart and travel, then reverse the process when they come back. Doesn't seem to be having any adverse effects on my hood, but sure is annoying.

Have you installed the framework properly?  Mainly a duplicate .dll file into WA, or tried setting up the framework in WA instead of the base game.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2009 November 25, 11:07:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far I've only gotten this flagrant error:
We'll look into it.

And as far as my other problems go... it was a conflict with cmsacd... or whatever that routing mod is.  I'll go see if there is a newer version out there.
Known issue. And there is.

Been receiving errors in the display hover text for buy items and wishes. Long number titles and full directory listings show in the descriptions.
This is a STBL corruption/failure issue. It cannot be caused by AwesomeMod. Missing, damaged, or locked files that contain the STBL being referenced can cause this, though.

Cannot reproduce issue. Perhaps it is a hardware problem?

guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2009 November 25, 11:28:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cannot reproduce issue. Perhaps it is a hardware problem?

Pretty run of the mill (about 1 year old high end) system on Win XP SP3. I wish it could at least tell me what it was doing when it crashed. I'll try changing stuff around tonight when I wake up. All else fails, I'll try reinstalling again. The Sims is one of those games that *almost* make you long for platform unity.

EDIT:
If it was a hardware problem wouldn't it happen regardless of the mod?

I disabled AM, sent sim to Al Simhara, quit, reenabled AM, and it loaded. It also loads when editing, so it seems like there's some character related interaction (preparation of some sort?) that is causing it?

Weird that they would make a game engine that dumps you to desktop without an error message if there's a character conflict...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2009 November 25, 11:31:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, my teen sim has the same name that his mummy father used to have. I changed the father's name, then gave the son his old name once he was born. The titles are all stored under the name the father used to have, so it fucks up whenever I try to use the son to write a book with the same title.
Yeah, THAT is a known EAxian glitch. The game stores book authors by string name, rather than by SimDescription pointer, so changing the author's name using some other method, or naming another sim the same, will break the game. This is part of why NoDuplicateNames exists, to prevent duplicate names from being generated.

anthonyfatale
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2009 November 25, 15:17:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm so confused. Is AM just not working on my mac? I've installed it correctly many times. The original worked grreat. Anything else I dump in the packages folder works.

I'm very sad about thas.

Are the newer versions posted to that same directly that the first posts directs us to.
JEthel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2009 November 25, 15:22:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok I have the game + WA patched 1.7.9/2.2.8, no cc nor store content so far.
BetaAM from yesterday (I will download latest version for next play session) + my old config (awesome story driver enabled).
And the game loads without crash.

But so far :

1. I had frequent FSE, about every 2 sims hours, in the base neighbourhood (fresh Sun Valley with Agnes Crumplebottm). The same message than Sewinglady in post #162. Just in my case the numbers/references between brackets are different. (The five first ones are attached in a .rar)

2. I sent Agnes to visit China, and she couldn't finish it (give 3 gems to sims X). She would perform the action "deliver" just like usual (without AM), but the adventure would not register it.

3. During the same trip, I nuked a "purple" bike and after my sim couldn't select the "go here" action. Whenever I clicked on the ground, nothing was available. So I sent her back home.

4. A few days later, I sent her back in China, found a new adventure (again collect x items) but whatever I tried, the quest would never fulfill. Then I had a CTD.

So far, those are my only bugs.

* FSE.rar (443.71 KB - downloaded 231 times.)
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2009 November 25, 15:31:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This was mentioned by someone three pages back, but using the "set relationships" panel in CAS still results in the mouse pointer exhibiting strange behaviour, either changing into a sim icon or disappearing altogether, with no drag-and-drop functionality. Base game, fully patched, latest AM, no mods - not even the store crap.

ETA: Can confirm that with AM removed, mouse functionality returns to normal.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 25, 15:37:42 by uknortherner » Logged

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
KevinGoth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2009 November 25, 16:06:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i thought AM was where u shift/ctrl click ur sim??
why is this one on the computer?? and are u going to get the old AM to work??

Huh?  What does that mean?

Why is what on what computer?

What old AM are you talking about?

Ok well before the expansion pack i used to able to shift + ctrl click my sim to nuke, reset, edit in CAS and stuff but now when i try and shift +ctrl click my sim nothing pops up i can only click the computer for the story progression thing. How do i get the Shift + ctrl click menu back???
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2009 November 25, 16:08:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This was mentioned by someone three pages back, but using the "set relationships" panel in CAS still results in the mouse pointer exhibiting strange behaviour, either changing into a sim icon or disappearing altogether...

ETA: Can confirm that with AM removed, mouse functionality returns to normal.

Same issue.
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2009 November 25, 16:23:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i thought AM was where u shift/ctrl click ur sim??
why is this one on the computer?? and are u going to get the old AM to work??

Huh?  What does that mean?

Why is what on what computer?

What old AM are you talking about?

Ok well before the expansion pack i used to able to shift + ctrl click my sim to nuke, reset, edit in CAS and stuff but now when i try and shift +ctrl click my sim nothing pops up i can only click the computer for the story progression thing. How do i get the Shift + ctrl click menu back???

The process for configuring AwesomeMod has not changed.  Your posts are meaningless and barely comprehensible.

You are obviously a failtroll.  Get out.
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2009 November 25, 19:23:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have an issue with wants disappearing when I switch households. I'm not sure if it's all the time, but it happened after I got the Flagrant System Error from one of the screens above.
Instance
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2009 November 25, 20:29:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After playing for a smooth couple hours this cropped up:

Just as I was attempting to consummate with a strange French woman.

Please don't hesitate to chew me out, it brings me a sadistic pleasure.   Wink

-Instance

"And the seraphs sob at vermin fangs
In human gore imbued."
--Edgar Allan Poe, "The Conqueror Wurm"
Franziska
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2009 November 25, 20:39:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey,

I can happily report that with the newer version of AM (don't know if it's the latest, downloaded it around 11 hours ago) and my old config my sims unfreeze and are able to go home to sunset valley. The base camp icon in map view returned to its original green color. So far, so good.

There are however two minor issues that I came across with the older and the newer AM version. As my sims still refuse to use their incrediblly expensive car in favour of their motor bikes they brought home with them, I tried to assign them to cars. That didn't work and there wasn't even a menue to choose from. It doesn't matter which car. If I tell them to use it they do, but they can't "own" it.
To avoid that I removed the parking spots on the lot and put the cars in their inventories, so they have no other choice.

The second one is related to the "testingcheatsenabled" cheat. In my config I enabled that cheat by default so I won't have to type it in everytime. Yes, I am a lazy bum.  Grin It works just fine with the base neigbourhood, but once they reach their destinations it seems to be gone. Without AM it is possible to use the letter box in the base camp to access cheat options, with AM its only possible if I type it in manually. That is really not a problem and maybe caused by the old config. But I wanted to report it, too. Just being thoroughly.

ETA: I remembered another thing. My female teenager had her lifetime want (is that the term, I'm not sure..?) "become a Renaissance-Sim" fulfilled. She went to China and once there, it reverted to no lifetime want at all, as if she never had one. After returning home, it appeared again, fulfilled as it should have been. Any ideas to that?
« Last Edit: 2009 November 25, 20:50:32 by JoshuasMama » Logged

-Define "interesting"! - Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esTVVjpTzIY
almostawesome
Blathering Buffoon

Swag out the max

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 2009 November 25, 20:51:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As my sims still refuse to use their incrediblly expensive car in favour of their motor bikes they brought home with them, I tried to assign them to cars. That didn't work and there wasn't even a menue to choose from. It doesn't matter which car. If I tell them to use it they do, but they can't "own" it.
To avoid that I removed the parking spots on the lot and put the cars in their inventories, so they have no other choice.

This is due to a change in ownership of cars from WA, not due to the Awesomemod.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: