More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 23:55:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Beta Testing 1.7.9/WA 2.2.8 Problems/Questions/Discussion
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Beta Testing 1.7.9/WA 2.2.8 Problems/Questions/Discussion  (Read 162104 times)
guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Beta Testing 1.7.9/WA 2.2.8 Problems/Questions/Discussion
« Reply #50 on: 2009 November 23, 23:42:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kevin,
do you have the right version awesomemod? Framework goes into the root folder of the game/expansion.

Also, read just above, it wouldn't load for me in the base folder either, but in World Adventures it went fine. Try that. And make sure you're actually using the awesomemod beta linked in the other "expansion" thread, and not just the current download thread one.
Orange
Asinine Airhead

I hate image dominoes.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009 November 23, 23:44:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Running basegame on the latest patch.
Crash when playing with EA storymode and awesomemod loaded as expected.
No crashes yet with Awesome story driver. What should I try to do in order to break it?

« Last Edit: 2009 November 23, 23:58:38 by Orange » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009 November 23, 23:48:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep.  AwesomeStory is enabled, game will crash, seemingly, whenever it feels like it (I am assuming a story progression action is taking place when this occurs...possibly "pollination"/impregnation).
Fixed.

Then I noticed, as already reported at MTS, that the "Max Sliders to 50" increase isn't really working. (In UI.dll -> CASFacialBlendPanel.AddSliderGridItem there is a "20" that needs to be replaced by "50", too).
Fixed it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009 November 23, 23:49:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Im so Confused..
Im not sure if im putting AM in the right place?? i put AM in the mods folder on my base game and i dont know wht else i have to do???
Can anyone help?
cause my game wont load. im not sure wht i have to do with the framework?
Move the framework and the package file(s) - i.e. AwesomeMod into the World Adventures installation directory, or you apparently can have the framework folders in both the base game directory AND the WA directory, however some are finding that AwesomeMod works when placed in the WA directory. (See the post by GuardianPegasus - six posts below this one.)

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2009 November 23, 23:56:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AwesomeMod works for me placed in the base-game directory, but the framework DLL must be placed with WA as well.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2009 November 24, 00:03:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Im so Confused..
Im not sure if im putting AM in the right place?? i put AM in the mods folder on my base game and i dont know wht else i have to do???
Can anyone help?
cause my game wont load. im not sure wht i have to do with the framework?
Move the framework and the package file(s) - i.e. AwesomeMod into the World Adventures installation directory, or you apparently can have the framework folders in both the base game directory AND the WA directory, however some are finding that AwesomeMod works when placed in the WA directory. (See the post by GuardianPegasus - six posts below this one.)
AwesomeMod works for me placed in the base-game directory, but the framework DLL must be placed with WA as well.
Pescado would be the expert on this.  I would try his suggestion.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
Akadai
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2009 November 24, 00:07:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello, I'm a long time lurker, first time poster. I decided to try out the beta of this build of awsomemod with WA

With my current configuration of awsomemod, things seem to be running smoothly. I don't experience random crashes like anyone else, and over all it seems to run as it used to. There are a couple issues I'm having though. The first noticeable one is that my sims run everywhere like they're on some surger high. I thought maybe it was linked with auto athletic selector, but even with it disabled, they continue to run everywhere, doing any action. Even if it's just a small distance in the same room. This only happens with amod installed

The 2nd, which I'm not sure you're already aware of or not, but I am unable configure any tomb objects while trying to tomb create. These tomb creation options are linked to shift+ctrl click. Nothing shows up but "Nuke". So I decided to re-configure amod to allow debugging, but this only brings up debugging options with the tomb objects, and not the options you need for tomb creation. Without amod installed, the tomb objects have shift+ctrl click options turned on by default with no cheats required (aside from buydebug to allow access to the tomb objects). So I suspect the whole "nuke" thing with amod is overwriting these options
Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: 2009 November 24, 00:09:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have just had the Wolff family die in France.  I sent them separately.  There is the arrow to click for home and instead of going back to the home base, they die.  I have no other hacks, only Riverview and some paintings and furniture, the awesome mod is the only hack I have in my game.  It is still in the WA folder.  I honestly don't remember having the "click to return home" arrow the first time I played the quest in France but I might have, I'm going to put a new game in and see if it keeps happening.  Also, Morgana Wolff did that weird arms straight out to the side thing when she got off her scooter in France.

mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2009 November 24, 00:16:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Running patched WA.  Loaded saved test game where sim was in France.  Play for around 30 sim minutes and sim poofs into the air, icon disappears from the screen too.  This has happened multiple times.  Also the base camp is shown but not with a 'home' icon on the hood map.  When I tell my sim to go home, he doesn't head for the base camp.  Not sure whether this is a problem because my saved game is pre-awesomemod, I wouldn't have though that it mattered though.  Has anyone else encountered problems whilst in the travel hoods?  I will try a fresh test game started in the base hood tomorrow.
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2009 November 24, 00:21:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims have the 'click to go home' option while traveling, but it is supposed to send them back to their base camp, not kill them dead. Very strange. My sims have always headed back to camp after clicking on it.

Also, I noticed when playing yesterday that it didn't seem to matter whether I put food in the frig or not - it will spoil within 10-12 hours either in the frig or left on the counter. It appears that it is the refrigerators that are broken. The very first time I played I did not have any CC other than launcher installed items, and I'm sure I still had the food spoilage thing. Of course this would have been after the 2.0.8 patch but before the final 2.1.6 patch.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2009 November 24, 00:25:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The 2nd, which I'm not sure you're already aware of or not, but I am unable configure any tomb objects while trying to tomb create. These tomb creation options are linked to shift+ctrl click. Nothing shows up but "Nuke". So I decided to re-configure amod to allow debugging, but this only brings up debugging options with the tomb objects, and not the options you need for tomb creation. Without amod installed, the tomb objects have shift+ctrl click options turned on by default with no cheats required (aside from buydebug to allow access to the tomb objects). So I suspect the whole "nuke" thing with amod is overwriting these options
How does one access Tomb Creation normally? Provide full details, as I don't actually get to play. I can't see any obvious references to CRTL-Shfit anywhere, although I tried rearranging things a bit.

Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: 2009 November 24, 00:32:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went through the tomb in France (Celtic Foray) and had no trouble with colllecting the items or doing the quest.  And I see what the problem is with the arrow.  The awesome mod says Return Home but it is supposed to say Return to Base Camp.  That is why the sims died I guess.  I think Thornton actually has come back to the game somehow because Morgana talked to him on the phone when she was inside the tomb, he also showed up grayed out with the other sims in Sunset Valley so he might actually be there.  I have a feeling Morgana will somehow come back to the game also, but I wanted to report what the arrow should read, not Return Home but Return to Base Camp.

To enter the tomb you have to be given the quest.  BUT if the quest is not completed and the initial clearing out of the fisrt door has been started, another sim can be given the same quest and pick up where the first sim left off.  The country does not reset itself after each sim visits.

Also, in order to do the buy and build modes in a country, you must have testingcheatsenabled true on if you don't have the config file with the awesome mod or if you are not using the awesome mod, that is part of the game itself.  Although it would be nice to be able to unlock the ability to build on a lot without having a sim on it, you have to unlock a code and I have not found out how to do that yet and testingcheatsenabled true does not help in that case.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 24, 00:51:57 by Lady Moiraine » Logged

Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2009 November 24, 00:34:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep.  AwesomeStory is enabled, game will crash, seemingly, whenever it feels like it (I am assuming a story progression action is taking place when this occurs...possibly "pollination"/impregnation).
Fixed.
Verbose, please. What was actually bugged and where? Whatever you did, it made the impertinent script errors I was experiencing (without AM) go away.
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2009 November 24, 00:52:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How does one access Tomb Creation normally? Provide full details, as I don't actually get to play. I can't see any obvious references to CRTL-Shfit anywhere, although I tried rearranging things a bit.

From what I have gathered, and I haven't tried any of this yet, you enter buy mode, turn on testingcheats, then enter 'buydebug on' in the console.  This opens up a whole category of tomb objects like doors, locks, traps, etc. After placing them, these objects have to be linked - and that is accomplished by cntrl + shift + left click.

ETA: Here is a quote from someone explaining how to hide stairs and then put in a floor panel to open them:

"For my staircase, I've selected the floor panel. Now, here comes the important part. To make my staircase invisible, CNTL + SHIFT + LEFT CLICK
on the staircase. Several options should pop up, select the HIDE option. Your staircase should go invisible. Now CNTL + SHIFT + LEFT CLICK
on the floor panel, and select the LINK TRIGGER option and STEP ON.  Go back to your staircase and SHIFT + LEFT CLICK on them. Select the
option LINK TO ACTIVATED BEHAVIOUR and then APPEAR. You have now told your stairs to appear when someone steps on the floor panel."

From here (be warned this is EA and there is crappy music which CAN be muted thank goodness): http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=129855
« Last Edit: 2009 November 24, 01:14:04 by Tangie » Logged
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2009 November 24, 01:08:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't seem to find where I can get my hands on this.  I am currently playing a throw-away neighborhood----so I'm game.

Thanks, Tangie.  I missed the quote.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 24, 02:11:33 by Process Denied » Logged
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2009 November 24, 01:14:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't seem to find where I can get my hands on this.  I am currently playing a throw-away neighborhood----so I'm game.

Go to the very first post in this thread and read the fine print.
Akadai
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2009 November 24, 01:15:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Basically, you enter a lot (let's say a sims home for example). Then create a basement where you may want to make into a tomb. You enter "testingcheatsenabled true" and then "buydebug" (buydebug apparently doesn't work without testingcheats enabled). In the normal buy menu, a new "?" icon will appear. When you select it, it will list various tomb objects, and even item spawners such as gems, seeds, fish and so on. Buydebug only enables the ability to buy these special items and nothing else. So you go to the tomb tab, and select your tomb objects. For example, you place a rotating door you want to be hidden from the sim

After placing the door on a wall, you must then shift+ctrl click on it to tell it what you want the door to do. If you want it to be locked, hidden, to close automatically after you walk through it, as well as setup trigger settings (if the door should be linked to some sort of switch). All tomb objects are placed, and then shift+ctrl clicked on to setup thier options

No debugging cheats need to be entered to use this (aside from the one already mentioned). With amods debugging enabled, actual debugging options show up that would probably be used for dev testing that are no use to any normal player. None of these debugging options enable the ability to setup the objects to act like tomb objects (can't link triggers and so on)

To go into further detail, when shift+ctrl clicking on a "Torch Lever" (without amod) it will list: "Activated behavers..." , "Link triggers..." , "Triggers" , "Disable (or enable) Lever" , as well as a few others. With Amod installed, nothing is there but "Nuke". With debugging turned on, none of the above options are listed either, instead seperate debugging type ones are (and Nuke still shows up as well). Don't know if you want a list of the debugging options listed or not. Hopefully this helps some
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2009 November 24, 01:17:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's just "buydebug". That will enable a new category in buy mode.

I just started testing this and I had a CTD. This is the first time I have experienced it with AM since the very early days of development. I didn't catch what time it happened, but it was night and could very easily have been around midnight. Other than that, it has been working fine.
Akadai
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2009 November 24, 01:37:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesn't work unless testingcheats is enabled. Otherwise it gives a "invalid command" error. If amod is installed, testingcheats enabled is automatically turned on by default. "buydebug" is also not shown in the "help" list until testingcheats is enabled as well

This is how it is for my game, and if it's any different for others, I'd find it abit odd, but wont rule out the possability
daistarr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2009 November 24, 01:40:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have updated to the latest 2.whatever patch and I am running Windows 7 and no other mods. It starts to load the game and 2/4 of the way it crashes. I am not sure if this DasmxX86Dll.dll is important it says it isn't found in my crash report. See below

[Instruction data]
00bf0f95 => DasmX86Dll.dll not found.

If you want my crash report I will post it, let me know.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2009 November 24, 01:49:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I see what the problem is with the arrow.  The awesome mod says Return Home but it is supposed to say Return to Base Camp.

I don't know if Pes has fixed this, but in my game while in China, the arrow says return to base camp, and sends my sim back to base camp without any problems, haven't tried all regions yet.

I placed a copy of the d3dx9_31.dll and the Resource.cfg files into their respective locations in WA, then installed AM into the base game folders, where it use to go, and so far haven't encountered any strange behaviour, and no crashes yet, but time will tell.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2009 November 24, 02:21:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesomemod Config Utility packages works with this beta version. I changed some values just to see from default, and they persist in the showconfig menu. Go nuts with the awesomeness now!
Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: 2009 November 24, 02:39:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I see what the problem is with the arrow.  The awesome mod says Return Home but it is supposed to say Return to Base Camp.

I don't know if Pes has fixed this, but in my game while in China, the arrow says return to base camp, and sends my sim back to base camp without any problems, haven't tried all regions yet.

No, they are not fixed yet, I am in France with some new sims and it still says "Click to Go Home"  It should say, Click to return to Base Camp.  I just downloaded the newest version of the beta mod from today at 5:something pm.

I placed a copy of the d3dx9_31.dll and the Resource.cfg files into their respective locations in WA, then installed AM into the base game folders, where it use to go, and so far haven't encountered any strange behaviour, and no crashes yet, but time will tell.

I have just tried that now also and it does seem to be working.

daistarr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2009 November 24, 02:44:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Egnor my earlier post I forgot that was SecuRom of which I have removed and has nothing to do with my game crashing.
Akadai
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2009 November 24, 02:55:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The latest version seems to have fixed the ctrl+shift click on tomb objects. My sims however are still running around like hyper active children. They seem to move at normal speeds until you direct them to move somewhere by clicking on the ground to tell them to go to that spot. They then automatically decide to run to that spot. From there on, it's like they're stuck on run when doing anything. The patch for WA makes it so that sims no longer run indoors (stated in the patch notes). I noticed this right away as a sim came home from work, ran to the front door, and the moment he hit the inside, he went to a walk, where as before they would continue running (this is only if amod is not installed)

So something with amod is causing it, but I'm not sure which setting might be doing it, if it's one of the options to enable/disable, or not. Not sure if anyone else is having this issue, as I haven't seen any others say anything about it. That or perhaps they don't mind thier sims running around doing thier tasks as if thier life depended on getting to thier destination as quickly as possible
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: