More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:31:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  World Adventures Mods folder setup, and What works and what does not
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: World Adventures Mods folder setup, and What works and what does not  (Read 41387 times)
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
Re: World Adventures Mods folder setup, and What works and what does not
« Reply #25 on: 2009 November 21, 16:50:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm, I've already moved my folders over to the WA section as was advised elsewhere on here (even though over at MTS they're telling people to leave them where they're meant to stay, so I'm not sure which information is correct now), and I already tried the delete caches method, but nothing.  It's not like my custom hairs are coming from some remote village in Turkmenistan (I'm sure the hairs I've got are the same ones others use), so I'm not sure why they aren't working for me.

Too many retards
cum heer n tipe jus liek dis
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

INTP, if you care about that.
divalbw
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 November 21, 17:09:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've checked these mods and they all work fine:

AutoToiletWashHands
Twoftmama Teens Can Cuddle Kiss and Makeout
Explore_Catacombs_Anytime
floorthickness
hryniuk-NoFootTappingOnWaitForClearRoute
HUDNaviSwapInvenPanel
SolaceInSound's 10X LifetimeHappinessElatedGain
SolaceInSound's Money Cheat Mod 10000, 100000
NoAutononomousBrowseWeb
NoAutononomousComputerChat
NoAutononomousComputerGames
NoAutononomousDance
NoAutononomous-Go-Home
NoAutononomousSprinkler
NoAutononomousStereoDance
NoAutononomousVideoGames
NoAutononomousWatchChess
NoAutononomousWatchTV
noautoputawayfirepit
NoBuildSparkles
NoEmptyPotty
NoMusicalNotes
NoPartyGuestMax
NoWrenchTossing
NoZzzs
slowerfoodspoil
Kolipoki_Buyable OPS, MTS, DF + MG
QueueFits15Interactions
SLAM

These mods did NOT work in my game:
cessil_BuyAllFish (this made it so none of the fish showed up in the grocery store)
Chaavik-ChildrenCanPostTrollCheckForResponsesMoreFun
Fruithack (this made it so none of the fruits & veggies showed up in the grocery store)
gaininstantskills (this one locked up my game)
JTP_childMirrorSpeech

I've got more in my file, but I can't test them out yet - will update when I can.

(Edited to add the non-working mods)

This is good. Thank you. You have most of the mods I use. You saved me a lot of time. Did you/could you test No Mosaic? I have it ingame now and it's working so far. Earlier I had said that it was not working for me but I want to confirm either way. Also Sims Cough Drop or "Nevercough" seems to be the one to make my sims "jump" when they drink nectar.
schitzwa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 November 21, 17:13:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm, I've already moved my folders over to the WA section as was advised elsewhere on here (even though over at MTS they're telling people to leave them where they're meant to stay, so I'm not sure which information is correct now), and I already tried the delete caches method, but nothing.  It's not like my custom hairs are coming from some remote village in Turkmenistan (I'm sure the hairs I've got are the same ones others use), so I'm not sure why they aren't working for me.

Hmm. Puzzling.

The only other thing that I can think of to do is to keep your hair folder in and remove the others just to see if something else is affecting their function. If you find that they work then add your other folders back in until you find the culprit.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2009 November 21, 17:20:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, working on that currently.  Loading still hangs, either before the main menu or after loading a new game.  Weird.  I should also point out that custom hairs that are sims3packs run fine, but package files are a no-go.

And divalbw, NoMosiac works in that it still gets rid of the pixels, but it's affecting other things like fireworks and this damn sparkly shit that constantly hangs on my sim now.

Too many retards
cum heer n tipe jus liek dis
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

INTP, if you care about that.
stardust
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 November 21, 20:16:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game was running really slow.. lagging and stuff.. so I removed a lot of files from my mods folder... the game would take up to 30 minutes to load... but after I removed a few files, it only takes 2 min and 15 secs Cheesy
unfortunately i got so sick of the game lagging that I didn't realize which files I removed.. but the ones I have left in my mods folder are

LianaSims3 clothes
Aikea guinea knit patterns
mango patterns
mango furniture (all of it)
new sea hair
peggy's skin and make up
all of peggy's hair
rose hair (all of them)
and Awesims stuff... and i mean averything by awesims
nointro mod
That's what i have left and the game is running fast Smiley

Is it safer to only download stuff and install them using the sims3launcher?
Because I have a lot of stuff in my documents... downloads folder and those files never gave me any kkind of trouble... not like the ones in my mods folder...
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 November 21, 20:29:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having a lot of issues sorting my .package cc out. Not everything is named very descriptively, so I haven't deleted much. At least with the Sims3Pack files I can see a small thumbnail of the item in the launcher. I really miss having SimPe and Clean Installer. With my Sims 2 cc, if I didn't know what something was by the name, I'd open it up in SimPe and I could usually figure it out by looking at the textures. I also had a tendency to use Clean Installer to delete items and sort everything into subfolders. I need something similar for TS3. Otherwise I might end up having to delete everything and start over from the beginning with cc.
ScorpioMaurus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 November 21, 21:48:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone been having any issues with custom hair?

I have only left Aikea's skins and eyes in and when I attempt to place my hair content back into my game it slows right down.

I have been putting my hairs back in a few at a time and the only one that has given me any issue is the Invidia hair from GenSoRon

I do not have any problems with GSR's male hairs and I have had no issues with any Peggy or Nouk or Helga hairs yet.

The elf ear sliders are working for me, all in the base game folder.

I don't know if I'm the only one with this issue but when I have the elf ears installed at least in the WA folder my thumbnails get all screwed up and the CC hairs including the ones from the store show up in their thumbs as pink with blue roots and usually the sim's face in the thumb shows up pitch black with a white neck.

So far those are the only CC I've had issues with BTW I'm running on XP Pro SP3 on a Phenom Quad core with 8GBs of dual channel RAM and an ATI 4650 GPU with 1GB of VRAM just in case anyone wanted to know. My system was more than capable of playing Sims 3 and I had no graphical issues until WA, I also do not have any issues running RE5 on the highest settings but with Anti-Aliasing on 2x, I also own Dragon Age and run it on Medium settings.

Oh and I have always had the latest 1.7.9/2.2 Patch because I fully updated a fresh install before ever playing with WA.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2009 November 21, 21:59:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That hair needs the child hair of the same type in the game to work. Take away that file, and the result is what you posted.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 November 22, 04:50:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fruithack.package (suppose to make buyable fruit, stops you shopping)

Aw, crap. I was hoping that one would carry over OK.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 November 22, 06:10:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think No Mosaic is the culprit, although I'm still testing  -  my sims  do not drink nectar. They make nectar but when they sit down to drink, they "jump" back up and the glass is on the floor next to them. This is the only hack I have in my game because quite frankly it's one I have trouble playing without. I don't have any CC objects in game but I do have patterns, skins and some default replacements. I'm only able to reproduce this glitch "sometimes but not every time" when No Mosaic is present.

If you noticed a few posts above yours, it was stated that the no chocking mod causes this.  If you don't have the no chocking mod, then it would be interesting to note what else is conflicting.

I have also noticed that the more fun mods are also conflicting.  At least the more fun cuddling on bed, etc are affecting the social interaction when on the bed.

I have left all of my mods in the base game folder, and so far don't see a problem, and they do appear to work.  I read the thread linked in the first post and became very skeptical of the logic used when they said "we don't know that the game never, or will never, look at the base games data again". 

That would suggest that WA was a stand alone game.  As it isn't, the game must be reading the base game data for the base game neighbourhoods.  Otherwise where does the game get the data from to drive the base neighbourhoods?  If all of that data was in the WA folders, then WA would be a stand alone game, or am I looking at it the wrong way?

I formed the impression that the idea behind putting the mods into the WA folders was because some mods were not working, when they thought they should have been.  If the mods are in the WA folders, does the game still rad all of them when in the 2 base game neighbourhoods?

As it appears some people have their mods in the base game folders, and others in the WA folders, and both claim they work, does this mean it doesn't really matter? or is the Jury still out on that one?

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
catshirlann
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009 November 22, 07:19:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As it appears some people have their mods in the base game folders, and others in the WA folders, and both claim they work, does this mean it doesn't really matter? or is the Jury still out on that one?
[/quote]
After I installed WA, Twallan's Super computer (v.35) would not work in the base game folders, so I followed Crazy Town's instructions on how to move it to WA folders and to my delight, it started functioning again. By the way, Slam works in either base game or WA folders.

Old Japanese proverb:
  "The raised nail gets hammered down."
Dire Weasel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 November 22, 08:17:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been putting my hairs back in a few at a time and the only one that has given me any issue is the Invidia hair from GenSoRon

This picture made me lol.
Eccles
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 November 22, 12:06:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As a hobbyist games programmer myself, and having noticed which mods tend to work from the base game path and which need to be in the WA path, I'm going to (tentatively) suggest that EAxis has made the loading of code and data inheritance-based, like so:

1. Load base code/data from original TS3 path;
  2. Load updated code/data from WA path (where WA data differs/is newer)

This means that code/data from BOTH the base and WA paths is loaded, but code/data from the WA path will override the base in the same way that mods do. This means that any mods in the base path are at risk of being overridden by WA code/data, which is why some work and some don't - the ones that don't work from base are those for which WA has updated code/data of it's own.

NOTE: This produces the side-effect that any mods that don't work from the base path MUST be updated to work with WA, because WA itself makes changes to the same part(s) of the base game the mod changes, and is therefore also overriding the mod!

As far as adding mods to a WA-enabled game, the only way to guarantee that a mod will take precedence over all is to run the game - and all mods - from the WA path and ignore the base TS3 path entirely from now on. The easiest way to think of it is this: WA is itself nothing more than a very sophisticated (and dare I say it, bloated) CORE mod for TS3, created by EAxis rather than by the gaming community. Therefore, if we want to change a WA-enabled game, we have to override both TS3 and WA as a whole.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 22, 12:16:58 by Eccles » Logged
stardust
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009 November 24, 13:47:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

this is just getting ridiculous... after several crashes with and without CC I managed to play my game.. saved and returned.. no problems.. after the second time i reentered the lot and I found that the adultsims can't get makeover.. which they could last time i saved..  the option doesn't show up in the mirror... I took my sim on vacation and the mirrors worked there (france) so i gave her a makeover and when she returned home she had her same old look... and the mirrors in her house aren't working... and i have added no CC at all... WTF! I'm about to give up.. i have no hacks at all so that can't be it
KittenMittens
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009 November 24, 17:54:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

this is just getting ridiculous... after several crashes with and without CC I managed to play my game.. saved and returned.. no problems.. after the second time i reentered the lot and I found that the adultsims can't get makeover.. which they could last time i saved..  the option doesn't show up in the mirror... I took my sim on vacation and the mirrors worked there (france) so i gave her a makeover and when she returned home she had her same old look... and the mirrors in her house aren't working... and i have added no CC at all... WTF! I'm about to give up.. i have no hacks at all so that can't be it

So you have no CC whatsoever and this is still happening? Best thing that I can tell you is to remove all of your CC to a folder on your desktop, uninstall, re-install, and then slowly put all of your stuff back in. Did you have your CC folders in when you installed WA?

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
-Albert Einstein
stardust
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009 November 24, 19:04:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So you have no CC whatsoever and this is still happening? Best thing that I can tell you is to remove all of your CC to a folder on your desktop, uninstall, re-install, and then slowly put all of your stuff back in. Did you have your CC folders in when you installed WA?

No, when I installed my game I had no CC, not even the mods folder nor the resource.cfg. After my game crashed I created a new neighborhood and the  mirrors are working fine... I put all my CC back.. pretty much cause I had enough.. i've searched for files over and over again .. sometimes the game didn't crashed or slowed down.. even with a bunch of CC, it worked perfectly fine..
I've already installed TS3 and WA at least 3 times.. hoping it would help... right now I've been playing my game for hours, and it hasn't crashed a single time.. and I'm using CC... it's driving me crazy, I've also started converting package files to sims3pack becuase I've never had any problems with the CC installed through the launcher..
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009 November 24, 19:15:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks like you need the framework in both the base and WA folders.

INFP or something
stardust
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2009 November 24, 19:20:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

framework? what's that? Huh  sorry if it sounds silly but I don't know what that is...
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2009 November 24, 20:10:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put more back in.

Hairs
I don't have many .package hairs, but they slow down the game significantly, though I could still load and play. But there is one hair that does not slow down the game, and that's: amManhairmesh007-[mesh_by_raon] (The one for Bruce Lee at MTS)

For the rest of the hairs, I didn't really test to see if only one of them is particularly bad or all of them because i don't actually use them yet, but here they are:
oepu_Pixie Hair for Males All Ages
oepu_StoreEmoShorter_mhair
Wojtek0_Hair Conversion Pack
Wojtek0_Hair conversions - Hair with bands

Patterns
I have a ton of patterns in package format (31mb compressed). I put them all back in, and it's all good.  Grin
This is the list:

Clothing
The good:
EA Store clothes that are converted to .package (for I only need part of a set) probably work fine. So far I have only one in: amBodySteamPunk
afShoesAnkleCLowFlatRound00_balletFabric_MALE_EVERY_CATEGORY (the shoes for Bruce Lee from MTS)
MensTrenchcoatOutfit_ByEsmeraldaF (from MTS)
oepu_tunictop_corded

The not so good:
These slow down game dramatically when compressed, and they do not show up in game. But if you leave them uncompressed (the file sizes are huge, but I need them for RKC), they work fine and do not slow down the game. They are all from MTS:
BottomSkirtLonger
vectorlover_4lotrgown
vectorlover_lotr_hobbits

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009 November 25, 18:54:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some good mods

These are all from MTS:

adoption5000 by dillowpillow
carpoollater by userunknown
ElderSitter by userunknown
goswimming_sim by bella3lek4
gojogging by bella3lek4
JJ_NoCarpoolAndBus by joshiejack (works, but not needed)
neglectbaby by climbingsideways
Realistic Newspaper Service - Time Change

aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2009 December 04, 01:03:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just tested all of these files below. They're all the hair, makeup and costume makeup I have from Peggy, NewSea, Coolsims, Rose, and Missbonbon which don't slow down the game. Also the skin from Peggy, and three clothes pieces.
Also there's a "QueueFits15Interactions" in there which works too, and some Killcia patterns. In other words, this everything I have put into my game that hasn't slowed it down and seems to show up.

« Last Edit: 2009 December 04, 02:41:17 by death owner » Logged
MissPatricia
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2009 December 04, 06:05:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no mosaic in my fie and it still works and I pulled ALL my mods out several times!!!! Anyway I'm still testing some more mods/hacks and everything is still in their original place, cuz it wouldn't work in WA folder. But the teen pregnancy for WA/1.7.9 patch doesn't work for me. I'll post more as I go guys.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2009 December 04, 21:22:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Using Process Monitor method described here at MTS "Package files and WA slowdown" thread, I identified the following faulty package files:

berceau simple\rcl1.package
marhis tuning mods\marhis-LTRLasts10DaysNot2.package   
TipicalSpanish_Tile002_Revenessa.package
Wojtek0_Hair conversions - Hair with bands:
   cfHairBraids.package
   cfHairLowPigtails.package
   cfHairMidPigtails.package
   cfHairPonytailLow.package
   pfHairPigtailsMid.package

After taking these out, my game loads and plays super fast now.  Grin

Zaleth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2009 December 04, 21:37:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have not found any CC that doesn't work with WA as of yet and have been using some cc others seem to be having issues with.

However, I did find that my game ran faster and CAS wasn't slow in loading the items when I deleted the folders in the pkg file of mods and put everything just under Package.  The Mods folder for me is in WA. 

As to No Mosaic use the updated for WA version or you will lose some of the special effects WA offers while on vacation or when using things like Meditate.

TheCatMeow
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2009 December 08, 15:10:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

An updated version of CookingAndIngredientsOverhaul works from MTS. I was wondering if anyone has tested the Ask if Single Mod to see if it still conflicts. It says its updated but I was curious to know if it would work with Indie Stone + AwesomeMod.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: